Princess cancels all cruises through March 2021. Will RCG do the same?

10 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Princess had significant problems with Covid early in the pandemic.  I suspect that they want to take some extra time to prepare.

The reason behind cancelation is to wait for the government response in January. These billion dollar companies want to be sure that their investments wont disappear if all the restrictions will be applied next year as well. So, we have to wait and see  

28 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Just pull the band-aid off and be done with it. 

No thanks! Nonrefundable deposits. I have no desire to take the FCCs or the L&S option for the two cruises. So I'll have to wait until RC pulls the band-aid off to get the cash refunds. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

Wow!  That's very honourable of Princess to be so honest and transparent, rather then leading their customers on month by month.  

I hope they have it right and we will all be sailing again in April. 

Kudos to Princess. All lines should just take a deep breath and do this, as IMO there isn't going to be anything sailing before April.  

Put the next 4 months on hold and see how things start unfolding with the vaccines and if we get through winter with declining rates/hospitalizations/deaths.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mek said:

Kudos to Princess. All lines should just take a deep breath and do this, as IMO there isn't going to be anything sailing before April.  

Put the next 4 months on hold and see how things start unfolding with the vaccines and if we get through winter with declining rates/hospitalizations/deaths.

Totally agree with you.  I hope RCL does the same and soon.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No thanks! Nonrefundable deposits. I have no desire to take the FCCs or the L&S option for the two cruises. So I'll have to wait until RC pulls the band-aid off to get the cash refunds. 

We are leaning towards the same.  We were thinking of lifting and shifting and at this point we are most likely going to take hte refund when they finally cancel it 

40 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Is this going to be the plan every couple of weeks before final payments are due or after? 

Final payments are due everyday depending on what cruise you are on.  If you look at the RCCL calendar they have a departure just about everyday so final payments are just about everyday

30 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Final payments are due everyday depending on what cruise you are on.  If you look at the RCCL calendar they have a departure just about everyday so final payments are just about everyday

Which is why they sleezily cancel after final payment so they can pay off the people they cancelled the previous week with the final payments from this week.

I know its business but my opinion of RCI through whole mess has changed a lot.  You might say that my loyalty points have gone to zero.  They will be just a choice in the future.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

That was my intent as my comment was a response to 2 other comments.  Definitely not cancelling if I don't have to but will have to make a decision come January for an April TA as we're not putting out any more $$ on final payments for cruises that more than likely won't sail. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

That's another line that had significant problems at the beginning of the pandemic.  They will be one of the last lines to sail.

Just because they had "significant problems" (your words) does not mean they aren't or can't do what is required by the CDC and get a Conditional Sailing Order. 

• Like 1