Coco Cay gets a new visit this year

Kbonner

5 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

Mein Schiff 6 from TUI will sail Dec 10 from/to possibly Hamburg for a 3 week cruise to the Caribbean with no stops in any harbor except for Coco Cay  It is intended to stop at Coco Cay for 9 beach days. 

Why not?  Nothing else is happening on Coco Cay.  If someone develops Covid onboard, I wonder where the will go?  The Bahamas?  Florida?

5 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

It is intended to stop at Coco Cay for 9 beach days. 

The overall trip might be right, but it's MS1, not 6, it's a 5 week trip, not 3, and I kinda doubt they'll spend 9 days at CocoCay. Here's what one TA site shows:

image.png.306ca50e9ee36cdbfcd4c718057c590b.png

@steamboats mentioned this a while ago in the other Tui thread.

Actually neither the departure port is announced nor whether they go to Coco Cay or anywhere else. Could be Labadee as well... Some travel agents sold the cruise "out of Hamburg" and with 9 beach days in "Coco Cay". TUI Cruises never did.

But all cabins are already sold out. They reached the minimum pax of 1,000 within 24 hours.

steamboats

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

That figures.  So much for RCI "exclusive" island port.   Just like they did with Labadee...Carnival ended up going there for awhile.  😉 

Isn't TUI a 50% owned subsidiary of RCG? I see no difference in this and the Celebrity ships stopping there.

I never heard about Carnival stopping at Labadee

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The scanner site prices didn't seem that low considering the length of the trip and I assume you meant max.

Minimum was the correct word.  It was stated that it would only sail if they had enough bookings, which apparently they do have.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Isn't TUI a 50% owned subsidiary of RCG? I see no difference in this and the Celebrity ships stopping there.

I never heard about Carnival stopping at Labadee

Joint partnership with Germany and RCI...they both own 50%...not a subsidiary...but partnership.  

We have visited Labadee when it was still a tendered port, after the hard dock went in...for a time, smaller Carnival ships call on the little port.  Talked to one crew member on shore who forgot to put on his "Carnival" T-shirt one day...had to go back and change when he realized it was an RCI day. 

Also been there when one of the small Carnival ships was in at the same time as we were on RCI.  Nice young couple from Miami we talked to.  Carnival did not call on the port for long, was only temporary.  

Edited by island lady

TUI has also signed agreements with Port Canaveral to home port a ship there I believe in 2022,  and with Melbourne Airport (the closest airport to PC) to bring in charter flights. 

Makes sense that they would include Coco Cay on an itinerary if their customers would like it, and it sounds like they would. 

25 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Royal is in a 50/50 partnership with TUI. TUI owns and manages Mein Schiff. I can see Royal trying to keep as much revenue as possible flowing to them from everyone they are partnered with. 

Yup...see my post two up before yours.  😉 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope all goes well with their sailing.   I don't want to be negative, but I would hate to see them have a covid problem and passengers have to quarantine for that many days with a TA crossing back and forth.     

In my view that itinerary is a disaster waiting to happen.  Too many days away from medical attention if something were to happen.  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In my view that itinerary is a disaster waiting to happen.  Too many days away from medical attention if something were to happen.  

Exactly my thoughts.  I just didnt want to sound too negative as I dont want see anything like Seadream happen and delay cruising any further out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Minimum was the correct word.  It was stated that it would only sail if they had enough bookings, which apparently they do have.

It may also be close to max as they usually keep capacity below 60% and on such a long itinerary they'd want an even lower head count to account for possible medical issues.

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The overall trip might be right, but it's MS1, not 6, it's a 5 week trip, not 3, and I kinda doubt they'll spend 9 days at CocoCay. Here's what one TA site shows:

image.png.306ca50e9ee36cdbfcd4c718057c590b.png

@steamboats mentioned this a while ago in the other Tui thread.

"Surprise route" means even they don't know.

1 minute ago, BND said:

The TA may not but Tui themselves must - kinda doubt they would sell an itinerary without the ports booked.

Bier, who assumes the itinerary includes real port stops not just drive by like they did on their Baltic runs.

13 hours ago, island lady said:

That figures.  So much for RCI "exclusive" island port.   Just like they did with Labadee...Carnival ended up going there for awhile.  😉 

They need all the money they can get. 😊 

• Like 1

@Biker19 they offered it with a minumum pax of 1,000 - so they wanted at least 1,000 people to book the cruise. I don´t think that they have gone much farther than this. I heard that the MS2 was running with up to 1,500 pax. So I think that might be the max they take.

TUI Cruises is a joint venture of RCG and TUI Group (or TUI AG). RCG is managing the ships from the nautical side. So their first investment was simply the Celebrity Galaxy and Celebrity Mercury. Later with the newbuilts the newbuilt department of RCG was basically involved. A lot of the first nautical crew was former Celebrity or RCI crew. You will even find the "Save the Waves" program onboard.

Recently Hapag-Lloyd Cruises was moved from TUI AG to TUI Cruises - so actually Hapag-Lloyd Cruises is also part of RCG (50%).

British Marella Cruises is owend by TUI AG as well.

steamboats

9 hours ago, BND said:

With the aid of tracking apps such as Marine Traffic, Vessel Finder, Cruise Mapper, etc. everybody will know the next port as soon as the ship departs from Hamburg 😛

Alternatively, if the itinerary include other Caribbean ports, the ship may probably be listed on the port schedules as well.