Will X Cancel All Europe Cruises For 2021?

Aloha 1

On 3/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, terrydtx said:

Interesting but nothing official from Celebrity about the move or any listing on their website. The current Summer Apex cruises of Barcelona to Rome still shows on website.

We were supposed to be on Apex for 12 days in and out of Barcelona.  It was changed to a 7 day out of Athens, going to Israel.  Notice came from X on Thursday

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We are in the same situation, we have an Aug 9th sailing on the Infinity our of Barcelona and would love to know any information about that cruise. We also rebooked this cruise twice with some great perks we do not want to lose. X is not doing this itinerary in 2022.

Our APEX on 8/28 cancelled and we are looking at switching to that 8/9 in Infinity.  Fingers crossed that it happens.

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Maybe now that Apex has been decided they will turn their attention to Infinity sailings in the Med this summer. I'd love to know whether my BTB (already moved twice) is going to sail and if so, with the same or a different itinerary.  Honestly I'd rather kick it forward again, but due to a very good price/perks I'm letting it ride for now. However I'm too uncertain to do any planning...

same here...  was originally booked on Connie Suez canal, when they cancelled those, I rebooked to Connie Adriatic for this May.... one of the best itineraries I've seen...  unfortunately when they cancelled those, the only option I was given was Infinity for this year (even though Connie is scheduled for same cruise next May)  given the great suite price & tons of OBC, I booked Infinity Med cruise for mid October...  when my Japen cruise was cancelled, I took the 125% & threw it at the Infinity cruise as well... hoping against hope that is enough time for the EU to get its act together when it comes to vaccinations.. it's 6.5 months away, so I will see what happens.... not making any concrete plans though.

22 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

same here...  was originally booked on Connie Suez canal, when they cancelled those, I rebooked to Connie Adriatic for this May.... one of the best itineraries I've seen...  unfortunately when they cancelled those, the only option I was given was Infinity for this year (even though Connie is scheduled for same cruise next May)  given the great suite price & tons of OBC, I booked Infinity Med cruise for mid October...  when my Japen cruise was cancelled, I took the 125% & threw it at the Infinity cruise as well... hoping against hope that is enough time for the EU to get its act together when it comes to vaccinations.. it's 6.5 months away, so I will see what happens.... not making any concrete plans though.

Sounds like we have had a similar ride. I too was going on Connie through the Suez originally but somehow ended up here. 🤣

• Like 1

There's a bad joke to be made about both Cruise Mom and Cruise Kitty not cruising through the Suez Canal and Cruise Mom's signature quote by Horace, re the wind influencing travel, but I'm either too polite or not clever enough to make it.

I'm not going to say which. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We originally were on an 8/20 Infinity cruise to Spain & Portugal & cancelled a few days  before L & S was offered.. We rolled over our refundable deposit to the same cruise  (lesser cabin category at a higher price of a sky suite we originally had) scheduled for 9/29/21 but are uncertain if it will go. Do you know if L & S will be offered if our 9/29 cruise is cancelled?

Edited by dabear

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Sounds like we have had a similar ride. I too was going on Connie through the Suez originally but somehow ended up here. 🤣

Yup, at first I was kind of "meh" about the October itinerary, but now I'm thinking, 3 new ports, & all the others are easy walk off the ship & find a sidewalk are to drink wine in  :) (except Rome)   I'm usually pretty meticulous when it comes to planning, but if this one goes, I will just be happy to be back in Europe & on the seas :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

I'll bet you are glad that you aren't on a cruise trying to go through the blocked Suez Canal now!

We have sailed the Suez Canal 4 times and loved all those 🚢 cruises! But wow don’t think it would be much fun at the moment😂

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Would cruises from Venice & return to Barcelona happen,  I have an 11-day cruise early August 2021 with final payment due May 11, 2021.  Also, there are no non-stop flights available.  Any chance this cruise will be canceled before final payment.

I don't think any Celebrity Europe July cruises are going to be cancelled by FPD. Mine is British Isles July 30th and the ones before me the 11th & 18th haven't cancelled yet...they want final payment !

1 hour ago, CarolRoy said:

Would cruises from Venice & return to Barcelona happen,  I have an 11-day cruise early August 2021 with final payment due May 11, 2021.  Also, there are no non-stop flights available.  Any chance this cruise will be canceled before final payment.

Of course, you are asking the right audience, all of us on CC know exactly what is going to happen.  My advice (if it were me)  for an 11-day cruise, keep the money in the bank.

23 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Of course, you are asking the right audience, all of us on CC know exactly what is going to happen.  My advice (if it were me)  for an 11-day cruise, keep the money in the bank.

You're correct, the CC audience knows as much and maybe more than anyone.  Great advice.

Well, they're a bunch of very astute people and they've been around a few corners as well.

Just for the record our Norwegian Fjords cruise Aug 26 has been cancelled and we're waiting to see what happens to Ireland/Iceland Sept 4.

Our X PVP told us simply not to pay the FP on our July 24th and 31st Edge cruises which were booked with NRDs. One was due last Friday and the other is due next Friday. Since our NRD will simply turn into FCC, with no penalty because of CwC, if the cruises get cancelled, there is no downside. However, if the Edge finally gets approved to sail out of Ft Lauderdale in July, we'll definitely make the FP shortly thereafter. 

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Our X PVP told us simply not to pay the FP on our July 24th and 31st Edge cruises which were booked with NRDs. One was due last Friday and the other is due next Friday. Since our NRD will simply turn into FCC, with no penalty because of CwC, if the cruises get cancelled, there is no downside. However, if the Edge finally gets approved to sail out of Ft Lauderdale in July, we'll definitely make the FP shortly thereafter. 

If it's turned into an FCC you will have to use it by sail by date. I can't do that and so will

have to move my deposit before final to a 2023 itinerary. I'm booked up with 2022 cruises with RCI.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Well, they're a bunch of very astute people and they've been around a few corners as well.

Just for the record our Norwegian Fjords cruise Aug 26 has been cancelled and we're waiting to see what happens to Ireland/Iceland Sept 4.

Yes but the difference is that the Norwegian Fjords cruise on 26 August was on Silhouette - a ship that now has a revised published timetable of 'UK only' cruises for UK passengers only for July-September.  They had to cancel those previously scheduled cruises in a timely manner.

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Yes but the difference is that the Norwegian Fjords cruise on 26 August was on Silhouette - a ship that now has a revised published timetable of 'UK only' cruises for UK passengers only for July-September.  They had to cancel those previously scheduled cruises in a timely manner.

So what's the thinking in the UK?  Do people believe that those July - September cruises will be opened up to people outside of the UK sometime this summer?  Do people see the UK opening up to vaccinated travelers without staying in quarantine?

12 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

So what's the thinking in the UK?  Do people believe that those July - September cruises will be opened up to people outside of the UK sometime this summer?  Do people see the UK opening up to vaccinated travelers without staying in quarantine?

To the first part of your question, I would doubt it but who knows for sure? At the moment, all of the big players have ‘round the UK’ cruises (with reduced passenger numbers) for UK residents only; so a lot of choice and I assume a fair bit of capacity - over-capacity I would guess! 

We await the next government announcement within a few weeks of ‘Green list’ countries for travel without any need for quarantine on return and there is ‘talk’ of a possible air corridor with the USA.  It’s a fluid situation though.  COVID is largely under control here but the fear is of a third wave and more variants, so a very cautious approach is now being taken; way too many mistakes made in the past.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think there is a very good chance of that, British Airways are gearing up transatlantic flights.