I Am Sensing A Nice Theme Change To Celebrity CC

KWW88

More and more the posts seem to becoming more positively focused on a return to the actual cruising experience.  Love seeing the topics on Retreat, suite questions, late night dining, buffet etc. which is why I joined CC.  Fairly new here but have looked at a lot of the topics on vaccine, Gov decisions, is it safe, anti-vax etc. it is nice to sense people are starting to feel better about resuming cruising.  I just kind of feel it is reflected on some of the recent topics.  Happy sailing all, April 2022 for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, C-Dragons said:

My glass is always half full and my bags are packed and ready to go! 🍷😎🚢🛳

The half full problem is easily corrected, just keep the bottle close by and you never need to leave your seat for a refill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ATXBecky said:

I like seeing the topics change to more positive things. We are sailing on the Millennium Aug 14th 2021. It has been a few years since we sailed Celebrity and look forward to general info.

Cheers!

We are on same ship but on July 3rd sailing to celebrate my wife’s 4th of July birthday 😁😁, and she deserves the royal suite we booked.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I can't wait to start judging people again for things that matter like their poor choice of clothing, thrifty tipping habits and inane planning over simple domestic travel! 

And standing in line at guest relations to remove tips for the horrid service received at xxx restaurant etc.  Grab a glass of wine and sit back and watch the AI entertainment, wearing totally inappropriate clothing of course.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 3:32 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

I can't wait to start judging people again for things that matter like their poor choice of clothing, thrifty tipping habits and inane planning over simple domestic travel! 

Yeah, the important things.  LOL

• Like 1

Or sitting near the Guest Relations Desk just to listen to the ‘novel’ and ‘important’ complaints. 

one of my favorites was listening to a woman yelling at the poor relations woman ‘Do you know who I Am!’ Over and over. The poor officer handed her the phone to talk to a supervisor followed by the woman yelling into the phone ‘do you know who I am! Do you know who you are speaking to!’’

Fun. I knew a good answer....’Mam, I may not know Who you are, but I know What you are!’   

oh for those days. 

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 4/13/2021 at 3:15 PM, KWW88 said:

More and more the posts seem to becoming more positively focused on a return to the actual cruising experience.  Love seeing the topics on Retreat, suite questions, late night dining, buffet etc. which is why I joined CC.  Fairly new here but have looked at a lot of the topics on vaccine, Gov decisions, is it safe, anti-vax etc. it is nice to sense people are starting to feel better about resuming cruising.  I just kind of feel it is reflected on some of the recent topics.  Happy sailing all, April 2022 for me.

I really don’t think so.  CC participation seems to have dropped during the pandemic and the few people that are left have tired of slamming each other.  I think the CC community is just waiting on cruising to resume so they will get some fresh meat from new participants.  Only then can we return to the CC of the past where positivity is out the window.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I really don’t think so.  CC participation seems to have dropped during the pandemic and the few people that are left have tired of slamming each other.  I think the CC community is just waiting on cruising to resume so they will get some fresh meat from new participants.  Only then can we return to the CC of the past where positivity is out the window.  

To your point- previous to the pandemic much of the CC activity had been on Roll Calls.  They have been crickets for a year now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

To your point- previous to the pandemic much of the CC activity had been on Roll Calls.  They have been crickets for a year now.

And posters are much nicer on Roll Calls since there is a chance of meeting up, and you aren’t so anonymous. Funny how that works. 

Den

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 3:15 PM, KWW88 said:

If you'd like anti-vax screeds, please check out the NCL boards! 

It seems a vocal segment of their guests thought "freestyle cruising" was code for some sort of don't tread on me/Q anon conspiracy ethos, and not a marketing slogan about being able to wear shorts in specialty restaurants for dinner. 

On 4/13/2021 at 2:27 PM, C-Dragons said:

My glass is always half full and my bags are packed and ready to go! 🍷😎🚢🛳

My glass is always half empty when it comes to alcohol, half full when it comes to life.  :classic_cool:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

It seems a vocal segment of their guests thought "freestyle cruising" was code for some sort of don't tread on me/Q anon conspiracy ethos, and not a marketing slogan about being able to wear shorts in specialty restaurants for dinner. 

So true!

On 4/17/2021 at 11:29 AM, AstoriaPreppy said:

We have done 7 NCL cruises as well as 2 on Royal C. and 11 on Celebrity.  There is a difference in the passengers on NCL from Celebrity.  NCL usually has more younger passengers and more kids on the cruise ships.  Our roll calls on Celebrity cruises always had way more participants than on NCL.   

Not sure why more anti vexers would be on NCL.