What is “your” ship, or do you have one?

The Liberty was my first RCI ship, and she will always be “my” ship. I’ll sail on other ships, even other Freedom-class, but it’s never quite the same. 

Just curious - do you guys have a ship that will always be special to you, or are you more the latest-and-greatest fan or, to quote Stephen Stills, a love-the-one-your-with kind of cruiser. 

Enchantment / Grandeur ... because I could decide early in the week that I wanted to go on a cruise the upcoming weekend. No flights or hotel and one of the easiest ports to depart from - just drive 35 min and park my car or have our son chauffeur us. Love sailing under the bridges in the Baltimore/ Chesapeake area and seeing cars approach the tunnel in Norfolk.

• Like 1

Allure will be my *next RCL cruise (most likely).  It was my first and even with a *break for Adventure of the Seas I will plan to return.  Bonus points for sailing out of Galveston.

Edited by slease

Mariner of the Seas will always have a special place in my heart.  She is the first cruise ship I sailed on, Spring Break April 2004.  I have been on 14 other ships since, but she will always be my favorite.  We have an 8 nighter booked on her for June 2022, and I cant wait to introduce my 14 year old son to her. 

• Like 1

TSS Fairstar ,Sitmar / P&O Australia,  had real timber deck , timber doors with brass port holes and were heavy . No plastic decking and some door ways had a threshold to step over a real ship . For Royal Caribbean Rhapsody best staff 😇

Mariner.  That was our first family cruise, and then 3 more times where we had our good friends, who also had teenagers, join us. Those were our most memorable family vacations, so much fun. We even followed her out to LA in 2009 when she was sailing down to Cabo. Good times.

Whichever one I’m currently on 🙂. I loved the Observation Deck on NCL Joy — looking forward to enjoying the same setup on Bliss at the end of the year.  It’s been too long since we’ve sailed Royal to choose one of their ships, but I’m sure we will love AOS in August.

• Like 1

Anthem. We were on her first cruise out of Southampton (not the cruise for invited guests or media).

It was fun, most of the lights in the cabin had no bulbs; The Bionic Bar kept breaking down; The lift in Seaplex stopped working with some one in it. We were waiting to use the lift so my DS (who is confined to a wheelchair) had to use the lift accompanied by any engineer (wearing overalls) and an officer, it was a tight squeeze. 

Our first on Royal was Jewel Seas . Jewel will always be our best perfect Cruise Ship and Cruise .Second would be Carnival Dream. But then all our cruises are special to us.

kruise kat, kruise runner

Edited by kruise runner

6 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Whichever one I’m currently on 🙂. I loved the Observation Deck on NCL Joy — looking forward to enjoying the same setup on Bliss at the end of the year.  It’s been too long since we’ve sailed Royal to choose one of their ships, but I’m sure we will love AOS in August.

Bliss on the Gem. Pure heaven!