The Daily for Wednesday December 08, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, Mtn2Sea said:

We were aboard the Amsterdam in 2019 when it docked at Nuku’Alofa, Tonga. Our excursion took us to a side of the island where the rocky shoreline has created numerous blowholes. We continued riding around the island until we reached Oholei Beach, where a lunch had been prepared in a Tongan underground oven, known as a umu. We had lamb, chicken, snapper and roasted pig as well as several side dishes. Our plates were made from the stalk of a banana plant. We were entertained with music as well as a south seas dance performance. As our ship was leaving the dock, some local dancers performed some goodbye dances, wishing us safe travels and inviting us to return one day.

2D9BB57C-E255-43A8-A151-F8494ED14257.thumb.jpeg.7d83fe3d83558d1487dfa1f5fe7c769e.jpeg

B5218F8E-637A-4E53-969B-AADEF635A591.thumb.jpeg.617cc8a5ac65d76c5b5b976216f9098e.jpeg

EB58C198-D4EC-4509-97AA-06C08D549CDE.thumb.jpeg.5ad6f794c921c8a9f21fbc283ad1f6cc.jpeg

Look closely and you see a young man collecting coconuts.

88F59E55-B3AA-4137-8A56-A6A5CBB430BA.thumb.jpeg.43ef62961804e2accc3be20a208c7191.jpeg

32011DC6-6927-4C27-9E26-7B173127F314.thumb.jpeg.b3e59b13066bccf94308d53eadb560d6.jpeg

B4D9B6FE-E7B1-4194-A0B4-44A55367E784.thumb.jpeg.3b5184dbf219906268b833633c013a79.jpeg

C3FBB55A-7129-48DD-8DA7-801C7EE81DC9.thumb.jpeg.70ecc79d7c74d3fb0b7b3351e4d13b44.jpeg

950B5567-31C4-4E44-AC57-16E3E67F0A98.thumb.jpeg.8af0268a6b3d52493f2b46d7cf0282cb.jpeg

D9959567-D0EB-4CE7-A4DA-8811AA0EF1A9.thumb.jpeg.980927e8eaf3bce6f190ce82e37e6bea.jpeg

5F7DBC08-9BB9-49D5-BE7C-E617A318D79A.jpeg

6FC6BCC2-E495-41E6-A26F-C16EED3AE3C9.jpeg

Somehow, a five string banjo is the last instrument I would expect to see on Tonga.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Good afternoon Dailyites.

I'll salute brownies (baked and girls) and Christmas trees. Not sure about "taking it in the ear".

Interesting quote.

I'd like the meal, but will pass on pasta due to watching carbs. Pass on the drink. The wine sounds good.

I haven't been to today's destination. Thanks for the pictures.

We've had some off and on snow showers today. Not a lot, but there were some accidents on the roads this morning maybe due to ice. I'm just puttering around the house, still collecting stuff to donate and putting out a few decorations.

@rafinmd You're halfway there, and hopefully tolerating the treatments ok.

@kazu Continued prayers for you and Jose.

@mamaofami Happy Birthday to Matthew. Wow on the apps.

@aliaschief I don't have an oak, but neighbors to either side of me do. I used to deal with a lot of acorns. It's like walking on marbles. The last time I had my front sycamore tree trimmed, I had a lot of the neighbor's tree that was over my yard trimmed also. So this year I had not very many acorns.

@Cruising-along Thanks for the beautiful pictures of Biltmore. It's even more stunning with the decorations.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone. Our numbers are up, and hospitals are strained with full capacity and staff shortages. A few have started cancelling elective surgeries.

• Like 20

I have lots of email notifications and thank you all for caring and your prayers ♥️ 

I have been on a real roller coaster ride with an ambulance here 2 times in 3 days.  This time Jose went at 4 am.   My good news from last week has been totally obliterated and I don’t know how this will turn out.

And last night my step son (I consider him my friend and we are best friends.  I would never try to replace his mother) called and his mother died.  I am trying to help him as he is the executor and has no knowledge of this stuff.  Fortunately, that was my living so I can help whether I am crying or thinking straight.

Jose is very proud and private but I guess the time has come for him to be on the Care list please.  He doesn’t read CC.  What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him and prayers will.  I’m afraid that we need serious prayers now.

I hope this post makes sense and I don’t have many typos.  It’s been a long day and it’s only 3 pm and the tears are still coming.  I’m sorry to be a Debbie Downer.  

Thank you for all of your caring.  ♥️  I really appreciate it.  

Hopefully I will be stronger tomorrow 🤞 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 26

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

I have lots of email notifications and thank you all for caring and your prayers ♥️ 

I have been on a real roller coaster ride with an ambulance here 2 times in 3 days.  This time Jose went at 4 am.   My good news from last week has been totally obliterated and I don’t know how this will turn out.

And last night my step son (I consider him my friend and we are best friends.  I would never try to replace his mother) called and his mother died.  I am trying to help him as he is the executor and has no knowledge of this stuff.  Fortunately, that was my living so I can help whether I am crying or thinking straight.

Jose is very proud and private but I guess the time has come for him to be on the Care list please.  He doesn’t read CC.  What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him and prayers will.  I’m afraid that we need serious prayers now.

I hope this post makes sense and I don’t have many typos.  It’s been a long day and it’s only 3 pm and the tears are still coming.  I’m sorry to be a Debbie Downer.  

Our very best wishes and prayers for Jose and you Jacqui . We love Jose and while we were on the cruise with you found him to be such a wonderful person !  All the best to the two of you ! 

Tony and Martha 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  I studied really hard and got good results on the Covid tests.  We are all checked in, had lunch and a few drinks.  Waiting for sail away.  Our cruising friends are in the Garden Villa and that is huge!  Our Penthouse suite reminds me of a Vista Suite with the Neptune perk of a coffee maker.

@kazu you are definitely in my prayers.

• Like 21

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh, Jacqui.  I wish I was closer to ease some of your burden.   You don't owe us explanations.  Just remember that we are holding you close to our hearts and sending prayers across the miles.  Your CC family loves  you and Jose and we pray for the best outcome for all.   

Give your stepson our condolences in a private way.  While helping him has come at an inopportune time, it may turn out to be for the best. You can be there for each other.   

We can be strong for you.   

Edited by dfish
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

@kazu

Jacqui you have done the courageous step, to share a burden. Our prayers and our strength will help you through,  I promise you. As I privately shared with you I held such a burden until I released it into God's loving embrace. Prayers of the church, family and friends worked a miracle for not only me, but my sweet husband. God bless you and Jose.

• Like 21

34 minutes ago, kazu said:

Jacqui, I know it was not an easy decision, but thank you for sharing what you felt you could with us.  

Please don’t ever think you are a Debbie Downer for turning to your Daily family.  We have become a family and are here to to share the good times and the not so good times.  You have been there for so many Dailyites, and now it's our turn to be there and to support you and Jose anyway we can.  I've learned over the past 18+ months how much we all care about each and everyone.

Our thoughts and good wishes have been and still are coming your way along with a great big virtual (((((((hug))))))).

We are also sending our condolences to you and your stepson on the loss of his mother.

Lenda

• Like 25

@kazu Thank you for sharing what you're going through. And I hope we can be a source of strength in some way. Prayers for Jose and that the doctors can find a successful treatment. Prayers for strength for you. So sorry to hear of your stepson's Mother's passing. He is lucky to have you to help and this may help you as well. My Mother died when I was in my 30's and as her only survivor and executor I had to have a lawyer help me through the legal bits.

• Like 21

@kazuJacqui, I'm so very sorry for all you're going through right now.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and Jose as you travel this difficult road.  Also prayers for your stepson on the loss of his mother.  You could never be a Debbie Downer, we're all family here on the Daily and we all care for each other.  Hoping things will be better for you.

Laura

• Like 20

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Prayers for Jose, for you for strength and condolences to your step son. 

• Like 17

@kazudon't ever think of yourself as a Debbie Downer - you're among family here and we want to be able to help in any way we can.  Although the miles separate us, we are all with you in spirit and send our prayers for both Jose and his medical team, and for strength for you to get through this.  Prayers are coming as well for your stepson as he grieve his loss.

Gerry

• Like 20