Am I the only cruising nut on this forum?

tallyho8

Since I retired I love cruising about 6 times a year. Since there were no cruises for 18 months due to covid, I was going nuts wanting to cruise again so I booked 9 cruises in the 9 months that cruises started back up. (You can see my signature for the cruises I booked) I finally got my cruising fix satisfied and now get to do other things for the next couple of months as I only have 2 more cruises booked in the next 6 months. 

Am I the only one this crazy about cruising or are there others who missed cruising as badly as I did?

• Haha 1

We feel your pain as a cruising addiction can become overwhelming if you’re not careful! 😂😂

We’ve sailed on an Edge B3B in August, an Apex B2B in November, a Constellation B2B in December and a Reflection B2B in February. We’re on a two month break right now to lose all the weight we gained until our 18 day cruise on the Caribbean Princess in April followed by a 21 day cruise on the Regal Princess in July, a 24 day B2B cruise on the Summit in August and a 38 day B2B on the NCL Jade starting in November. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

Just got back from 28 days of cruising.   Was ready to leave after 21 days..   too much is too much.  

there is more to live than being a ship week after week 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We are doing our 5th. Cruise in 6 months soon.  But then nothing for 6 months.  We have rarely gotten off the ship (3x in 4  cruises) we are not beach types, so the. Caribbean isn’t our  thing.  But we loved  being on a ship, using our FCCs and now we  can go back to cruising to visit Europe, Asia, Australia and places we have not seen and revisiting some of our favorites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

Since I retired I love cruising about 6 times a year. Since there were no cruises for 18 months due to covid, I was going nuts wanting to cruise again so I booked 9 cruises in the 9 months that cruises started back up. (You can see my signature for the cruises I booked) I finally got my cruising fix satisfied and now get to do other things for the next couple of months as I only have 2 more cruises booked in the next 6 months. 

Am I the only one this crazy about cruising or are there others who missed cruising as badly as I did?

I think you're the only one.😜

• Haha 3

After my B2B that begins on Saturday, I will have officially cruised more times post-restart than I did before COVID. I will have taken eight cruises in eight months, while still working my full-time job!

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

No, you are far from being the only one... on CC.

bon voyage

I'm very jealous of your cruise schedules!  What is the longest any of you have consecutively cruised?  Was it separate itineraries or one long cruise and what is your preference?  (Is there a thread dedicated to this topic?) 

I've only done one B2B for a total of 14 days to celebrate my retirement.  Unlike my husband, I was not ready to come home, I wanted another week to unwind and rest.  I wonder how long would be too long for me, or if that would even be a thing.  It's going to be a quest!

• Like 1

I guess this doesn't count as we will be rescheduling it for next year, but we had a 31 night repositioning cruise booked that was from Vancouver to Australia this September / October.  Typically we do 7 - 11 night cruises, but that will change now that my wife will be joining me in retirement this August. (Which was the original impetus for the 31 night cruise mentioned).  Plan to do more B2B's and longer transit and repo itineraries in the coming years.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Your not alone, in the next 15 months we have 9 cruises already booked to add to our 70+ completed. The longest we did was a rt from La to the Pacific on Crown Princess(one cruise), but longer if consecutive counts.

Hal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iluvthe-c said:

I'm very jealous of your cruise schedules!  What is the longest any of you have consecutively cruised?  Was it separate itineraries or one long cruise and what is your preference?  (Is there a thread dedicated to this topic?) 

I've only done one B2B for a total of 14 days to celebrate my retirement.  Unlike my husband, I was not ready to come home, I wanted another week to unwind and rest.  I wonder how long would be too long for me, or if that would even be a thing.  It's going to be a quest!

We are doing our first b2b/TA in October on Apex, starting with time in Italy, as I never get tired of that beautiful country.  We will be gone for almost five weeks, cruising for 26 of those days.  I hope that is enough for us until January 2, 2023.  It has been a very long time indeed without cruising.  Before those cruises we are doing a long road trip and visiting Santa Barbara for my birthday.  Right now I am living with confidence that this will all happen!  We have Beyond b2b/TA in April, 2023 and a Caribbean that year on her too.  I am not a cruise nut, but I was before Covid, at least in my head. With all the changes and poor customer service everywhere, I have rethought my plans and desires.  Yes, we always hate to get off a cruise; it is a true sadness when we leave, returning to our everyday lives.  That's why having another one to look forward to is so exciting.  Everyone of us starts with that very first and exciting cruise that most likely leads to more bookings, excitement and wonderful experiences.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, iluvthe-c said:

Our favorite "one cruise" itineraries have been a 30 day cruise around Australia on the HAL Maasdam, a 22 day Antarctica cruise, to include 4 days cruising around the peninsula, on the HAL Zaandam, and a 25 day cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Easter Island winding up at Santiago, Chile on the Island Princess.

Our favorite Celebrity B2Bs have been a 25 day RT cruise Southampton to the Canary Islands followed by a TA back to Ft Lauderdale by way of Bermuda and NYC on the Celebrity Eclipse and most recently a 16 day B2B in the Caribbean on the Apex where the "wow" part of the cruise was on the ship itself! 

Of course, cruising through the Panama Canal in an aft-facing cabin on any of our favorite cruise lines is always fun too!

Edited by Ken the cruiser

We only have 5 booked.  Haven't sailed since we were on the Eclipse, pleading with Chile to let us dock Mar 15, 2020.  Ironically we will be on the first sailing of Eclipse Apr 23 as she sets sail again with  passengers.  Really looking forward to it.  Yes, we love cruising.

There is a FB group following the Eclipse sailing in Mar 2020 called Captain Leo's passengers, if anyone wants to look at it.  There is also a group on the Apr 23 sailing and several others.  

Bon Voyage everyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iluvthe-c said:

've only done one B2B for a total of 14 days to celebrate my retirement.  Unlike my husband, I was not ready to come home, I wanted another week to unwind and rest.  I wonder how long would be too long for me, or if that would even be a thing.  It's going to be a quest!

We did a wonderful b2b2b before all this, from Santiago in Chile to Vancouver then over to Hawaii on Eclipse!  Absolutely wonderful!  Lots of at sea days as we crossed the Pacific, but loved every one of them.  The work they did to keep us entertained, with 2.30 shows in the theatre, featuring artists who had done evening shows and even featuring our wonderful Sashi at Sea at packed out shows in Theatre and Ensemble. We also had the brilliant Celia informing us of the sealife all the way up the coast and across the Pacific.

Anyone who has the chance to do this cruise, I wholeheartedly recommend it and the ship.

We had 4 cruises last year, three of them on Celebrity. This year we have 10 cruises booked totalling 83 cruise nights. If we complete all of our cruises this year we will have sailed 101 cruises since 2000.

Our cruises include a B2B2B in Europe on an older Carnival ship totalling 31 days. Two of the cruises will be on the newest flagships of their fleets; The Celebrity Beyond and the Carnival Celebration.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:33 PM, tallyho8 said:

This is Cruising Nut Nation.  We are all citizens.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 10:33 PM, tallyho8 said:

nope I have 10 cruises Mar-Nov

We love to cruise so we cruised last Oct, then Nov to Dec, just finished Edge, heading to Apex in 2 weeks. Then we have middle of June on Independence of Seas, then heading to NY to visit family. Then Beyond in November for my birthday.  Next year so far have 2 booked and 1 in 2024. 

Our motto is cruise now, for the future is uncertain!

Bon Voyage