The Daily for Sunday 04/10/2022

richwmn

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily. A blessed Palm Sunday to those who celebrate.

I like golf, although I don't play. A salute to farm animals. I'll have to wait for only child day!

Thought provoking quote; I think we all are happy and sad about things in our lives.

I'll pass on the meal and drink; I like the wine but too costly for me.

I haven't been to today's destination.

It's sunny but cool here, following some snow showers early this AM. 70's next week! My lawn will need to be mowed, but it may be wet most of next week. I made a quick dash to Aldi earlier; I'd say about 15% of patrons were wearing a mask.

@grapau27 Thanks for today's sermon from Father David, and the pictures from Italy. 

@Sea Viewer Prayers for DH's procedure tomorrow.

@kazu Enjoy the new phone; after several iPhones I can't use an Android one any more. If you're used to an iPad, you should be fine. Prayers for Jose and you. Thanks for the picture with siblings.

@dfish Cute photo!

@Cruzin Terri Have a great cruise!

@marshhawk How much Gabapentin is DH on?

@Lady Hudson Sorry to hear about DSIL's stroke; prayers.

@StLouisCruisers You should see Mount Rushmore sometime; it's very impressive. BFF and I did 2 driving tours of about 5000 miles each (2015 & 2016) to National Parks, since I hadn't been to any.

2013086739_016-8_30.thumb.jpg.46c842ebec717cbec9c6e7e408511b96.jpg

@travelnap I have to laugh. We stopped at the Corn Palace and Wall Drug on our trip!

@Horizon chaser 1957 I'd say stay home, even if some will be disappointed, especially with your cruise coming up.

@Vict0riann Welcome home!

@Norseh2o Safe travels. Belated Happy Birthday.

@Cruising-along Great picture. Love your oldest sister's fashionable glasses; sorry to hear she's no longer with you.

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Sad news here about the death of a Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, in Florida. He was walking on the highway at 6:30 AM and was struck and killed by a dump truck. Supposedly walking to Ft. Lauderdale airport, but that makes no sense. He was only 24, with a bright future ahead, RIP.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 16

10 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Sad news here about the death of a Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, in Florida. He was walking on the highway at 6:30 AM and was struck and killed by a dump truck. Supposedly walking to Ft. Lauderdale airport, but that makes no sense. He was only 24, with a bright future ahead, RIP.

So sorry to hear this sad news.

Prayers 🙏 and condolences to his family and friends.

Graham.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We went to a great place tonight.  It is called Tapas 2254.  The address is Carrer Cantrell de Cent 335.  We had wonderful tapas and wine. The place gets great reviews has good food and is always full.  You need a reservation.  Don’t go without one.  

Thanks Terri 👍 that’s right off Rambla Catlunya I think?  IIRC correctly we ate there a few years ago and it was very good.  Appreciate you sharing very much 🙂 

@Norseh2osafe travels home and a very happy belated birthday to you!

3DB97F4B-369A-411E-9386-028AE2644518.jpeg.103507070fccb62a395713c868383d5b.jpeg

• Like 20

Good afternoon, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I am not a golfer, DH is just starting to learn. My DM grew up on a farm. They raised milk cows, pigs and chickens. When she lived in MA with me she told me snow shoveling came easy to her because it was like shoveling cow manure. 😯😆 I have one brother who is almost five years younger than me. We grew up and remain close.

Interesting quote. Like @marshhawk Ann, I would try the meal if someone else made it.

I hope everyone is having a blessed Palm Sunday.

@grapau27 Graham, thank you for the sermon.

@Horizon chaser 1957 I would not risk it for health reasons, but especially with a cruise coming up. Like @ger_77 Gerry said they'll either understand or get over it.

Yesterday we had sun in the early morning and then it was cloudy and we had tiny flurries off and on throughout the day. Very strange weather. Today the sun is out and we are in the mid 60's.

DH is definitely on the mend. My body is fighting hard, but there is definitely something trying to run me down. I don't feel sick, but I don't feel well either... just kind of eh. I did start taking an over-the-counter medication yesterday, am resting and will test either tomorrow or Tuesday.

@marshhawk Ann, thank you for the updates on Fawn. I don't always remember to ask about her, but I do include her in my prayers. Also, I am glad DH is getting some relief. Wishing you well with your new schedule this week.

@kazu Jacqui, the wives meme had me laughing. I hope the rain stopped or at least let up for your travels and that you had a good day with Jose.

@Vict0riann Ann, welcome home to you and Pat. Happy to hear you had a great cruise.

@Cruzin Terri Terri, praying the fatigue leaves you soon. Thank you for the recommendation and glad you really enjoyed your dinner. We are looking at being in Barcelona for a cruise in 2023, so I will put that restaurant in the file.

Going to make another cup of hot tea and relax before making dinner which will be shrimp stir fry tonight.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, JAM37 said:

Good afternoon, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I am not a golfer, DH is just starting to learn. My DM grew up on a farm. They raised milk cows, pigs and chickens. When she lived in MA with me she told me snow shoveling came easy to her because it was like shoveling cow manure. 😯😆 I have one brother who is almost five years younger than me. We grew up and remain close.

Interesting quote. Like @marshhawk Ann, I would try the meal if someone else made it.

I hope everyone is having a blessed Palm Sunday.

@grapau27 Graham, thank you for the sermon.

@Horizon chaser 1957 I would not risk it for health reasons, but especially with a cruise coming up. Like @ger_77 Gerry said they'll either understand or get over it.

Yesterday we had sun in the early morning and then it was cloudy and we had tiny flurries off and on throughout the day. Very strange weather. Today the sun is out and we are in the mid 60's.

DH is definitely on the mend. My body is fighting hard, but there is definitely something trying to run me down. I don't feel sick, but I don't feel well either... just kind of eh. I did start taking an over-the-counter medication yesterday, am resting and will test either tomorrow or Tuesday.

@marshhawk Ann, thank you for the updates on Fawn. I don't always remember to ask about her, but I do include her in my prayers. Also, I am glad DH is getting some relief. Wishing you well with your new schedule this week.

@kazu Jacqui, the wives meme had me laughing. I hope the rain stopped or at least let up for your travels and that you had a good day with Jose.

@Vict0riann Ann, welcome home to you and Pat. Happy to hear you had a great cruise.

@Cruzin Terri Terri, praying the fatigue leaves you soon. Thank you for the recommendation and glad you really enjoyed your dinner. We are looking at being in Barcelona for a cruise in 2023, so I will put that restaurant in the file.

Going to make another cup of hot tea and relax before making dinner which will be shrimp stir fry tonight.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

Thank you Julia.

Pleased to hear your husband is recovering and I hope you feel a lot better very soon.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Great picture. Love your oldest sister's fashionable glasses; sorry to hear she's no longer with you.

Thank you Vanessa.  I miss her so much. 

That's actually my middle sister with the glasses (and she groans loudly every time she sees that photo)!  

• Like 17

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks Terri 👍 that’s right off Rambla Catlunya I think?  IIRC correctly we ate there a few years ago and it was very good.  Appreciate you sharing very much

You are right with the location.  Just make sure you don’t go to the place next door.  Tourist trap.

Tapas 2254 is excellent.

Terri

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@Cruzin Terri thanks for the recommendation; I just checked and it's about a 15 minute walk from our hotel.  That's enough to work up a little more appetite, and to walk off a bit of it before heading home.  Will definitely put it on our itinerary for November!

• Like 19

28 minutes ago, JAM37 said:
4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Horizon chaser 1957 I would not suggest going.  What might be mild for someone, might be deadly to someone else.  People really have to change their way of thinking without regrets.  If you know you have covid, why go anywhere where you can give it to someone, and if someone says , they have covid, why place yourself in front of a moving train?  

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Horizon chaser 1957  You are faced with an almost impossible choice. We would err on the side of caution and not go, and hope everyone would naturally be disappointed but would understand. 

Lenda

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@Horizon chaser 1957would you risk your trip for a dinner?  I wouldn’t go, especially being so close to sailing as you will be.  I’m sure they’ll understand; if not, they’ll get over it. LOL

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

@Horizon chaser 1957 understand the dilemma,  I err on the side of caution, after staying safe for over two years I don’t want to change things yet.  The new variants are so infectious and tests often miss them.   Tough decision. 

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Honestly?  No I wouldn’t go.  As the hospital staff said to me when I was invited out for Christmas dinner - “is one hour of a get together / meal worth the risk?”

50 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@Horizon chaser 1957 I'd say stay home, even if some will be disappointed, especially with your cruise coming up.

Thanks for the moral back up!

Ive phoned DS with our regrets, and she was understanding. Three of the other guests are younger people we’ve never met and I have no idea of their vaccination status or social habits. All in all, it’s a relief. It to be going!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Playing the "Sibling game."

This dates from 1957, probably Easter in Connecticut. I'm the towhead in the front, left. Sadly, my middle sister, on the right, died at age 19, but my "big" sister and I are very close. (Big is in quotes because I'm two inches taller...) We're taking our first river cruise together at the end of this month, and we're booked on the Zuiderdam for the 2023 VoV. She's never been on a ship (other than a canoe), so we'll see how she likes it!

Okay - I can't get the picture to post -- I'll keep trying!

Edited by NextOne
  • Like 19

Thanks so much for all the great siblings pictures.  I am really enjoying.  It is always so much to come here and learn of everyone's family.  

Imagine I have one of the best sibling stories--I am of a family of three girls.  We lost my youngest sister in 1989 at the young age of 39.  But my step-brother is the interesting story.  My DFIL married my DM about 11 years after DH and I were married!  So my DH became my step-brother--my DFIL was my step-father, and my DM became my MIL!!  The two parents didn't go into the details when they went to the Catholic priest.  They left that to us, when he asked to see us.  Priest about fell out of the chair!

When not napping I have been watching the Masters.  Love to see the azaleas in bloom at August National!  That has to be one of my favorite flowers.  Azaleas were what I had put in after we had our pool built in Orlando.  

I went to an estate sale with my step-daughter yesterday.  I think I scored big time!!!  Found a print that is framed beautifully and I am pretty sure that it is a C. M Russel print.  Even if it isn't, I will love it and always think I have something good.  I would have to have it taken out of the frame to verify, so probably won't do that.

Prayers for all on the Cares List.  I went to Palm Sunday Mass and included many in my prayers.  Sometimes our parish starts the service outside on Palm Sunday.  Thank goodness, that wasn't the case today as there was a very cold wind!

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

• Like 24

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

So very sad

• Like 8

10 hours ago, kazu said:

I did nip into Costco right at opening time yesterday and I did get some good help and got a new Iphone (I won’t tell you how many versions of my old phone  have come out since I’ve had it ).  I’ve struggled with my Samsung smart phone for years and barely used it.  Using an Ipad, I can figure out the Iphone and figure I will be using it now 😉.  

Me too.  I’ve always toyed with the idea of getting a mini iPad. A few years ago I received a bonus from work so I splurged on myself and finally bought one. A year or two later my (LG) android phone started to not hold a charge so I decided to get an iPhone. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  I'm taking a short break from the yard work.  The tree is trimmed as much as I can do.  It has grown so much in the 21 year we've owned the lot that it needs major "surgery". We have the guys who have worked on the tree before coming Tuesday.  I think they will be shocked at how much I want it cut back.  The upper branches are getting top heavy and there are several dead spots.  I'm afraid they are going to break and cause major damage in the not too distant future.

Thank you to all who shared their family pictures.

@grapau27  Thank you Graham for the pictures of Sardinia.  It's on the bucket list, and may have been on our Princess cruise this year that was canceled.

@Norseh2o  A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  Glad your trip was good and safe travels home. Great picture of the family and your lovely DM.

.Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Me too.  I’ve always toyed with the idea of getting a mini iPad. A few years ago I received a bonus from work so I splurged on myself and finally bought one. A year or two later my (LG) android phone started to not hold a charge so I decided to get an iPhone. 

I hear you.  I studied and studied how to use my. Android phone and never felt safe with data.

I’ve got the basics down on the Iphone (I think) in a very few minutes just piddling here and there as it is so similar to the Ipad.  I guess I’m not techie enough to learn two different systems 😉 😂 

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

I hear you.  I studied and studied how to use my. Android phone and never felt safe with data.

I’ve got the basics down on the Iphone (I think) in a very few minutes just piddling here and there as it is so similar to the Ipad.  I guess I’m not techie enough to learn two different systems 😉 😂 

It’s just so much more user friendly and so intuitive.  I will never go back,  I love how they all sync.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists.

😊Graham @grapau27I so enjoy Father David's sermons weekly. We attended our church's service ~~lately have been just watching online but decided to 'show up' in person for Palm Sunday.

No siblings for me but my traveling buddy Viviane (DH's auntie) is just like a sister to me. 

🙏Prayers to all in need and to the brave people in Ukraine

Katie

20220410_145512.jpg

FB_IMG_1649627232904.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Needless to say we were very happy to see no snow this morning -- just rain.  I'll take it.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0YTcwLTkyMgBhLTE1MjQtMDACLTAwCgBGAAADui0YfS6mAkqUBMVZ2piFKAcAn6qxJ9EeX0C5kWTBZmcKnAAAAgEMAAAAn6qxJ9EeX0C5kWTBZmcKnAAFPDQzFgAAAAESABAAD4IsORDavEKjhoS3Wgx9qA%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkZBRDY1NDI2MkM2QUYyOTYxQUExRThDQUI3OEZGMUIyNzBFNzA3RTkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiItdFpVSml4cThwWWFvZWpLdDRfeHNuRG5CLWsifQ.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.LevXuqMAHJPSSAj-ssspgow4jUENgFGjFtmay0OnCOajXs25izme87r4ws8X-Oollq9zDrNpn-1FMsp20zoP130cWV22-jjXM4D3_ObJdxS_FjVqztGflbXGoTrjpjJN9ZH4OdgsCceTvgAzUM4pNovxeiPR_2rYdn3ZEq6TWo5FVDXGyIFGY3zOatmrFZoc5TSth2Hdk-Pe5u3NtPGpMGb5XPCkjG8BtCXPvgD03HewwTn5uAHMnQIOkA9qkYT3yzkRCGc8nYL3X3w36YOg1ZAIlk4MIitgKl1kkntoHTsTC-1SQ8_878LzhrjgKFxSUnrxiIBy3kqeop6aWfVAXA&X-OWA-CANARY=13fMc1T1LUm1uan8i99M_tDdkepcG9oYBD8HJAzUod9urU-e_-p7RAkvO1LosqW9jzgeE5JCJ6o.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20220401003.04&animation=true

Only a couple inches of fresh snow this morning in Skykomish for Palm Sunday 🙂 It was 76 degrees on Thursday and people were mowing lawns.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Sad news.  Prayers for his family and friends.

• Like 3