The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 9th, 2022

richwmn

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Had some big storms roll thru yesterday and more expected this afternoon.

I was so sorry to hear about the Queen. She was truly a very special lady. My deepest condolences to Graham and Pauline @grapau27 and all our Canadian friends. She will be missed.

NASA wants to launch Artemis this month. They are doing the repairs on the pad.  Makes me nervous. I truly hope they are successful. In the meantime Spacex has 2 launches scheduled this weekend, weather permitting.

@marshhawk A very Happy Anniversary to you! May you enjoy many more.

@ottahand7

Safe travels home. Seems the summer went by very quickly.

Off to water aerobics.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! I love Espetos and have had them several times and once in Malaga. You just can’t compare them to our canned sardines. Still have my childhood teddy bear somewhere in the house. He’s looking better then me at 76!

@marshhawkAnn and Chuck Happy Anniversary and a Bon Voyage! Have a great time!

We most likely will have rain off and on today. Just got a call from our neighbors inviting us over for a steak dinner tonight rain or shine so we happily accepted.

Main chore of the day is go through my closet and select clothes for a local mission that is coming through next week for roadside pick up. If I was really ambitious I could fill their truck up. Then I get into that procrastination mode “well if I lost 15 lbs.that shirt is really nice!”🤔

Thanks for the Report. Have a great day and a memorable weekend.

Bruce

• Like 23
  • Haha 2

Good Morning All,

Looks like a much cooler day and rain is expected here in San Diego. We saw a glow on the horizon last night as we drove back to our hotel. We’re thinking it was the Fairview fire.

Today’s Wine:

Domaine Divio 2019 Pinot Noir (Eola-Amity Hills) Willamette Valley, Oregon

Today’s wine is a red, a Pinot Noir from Oregon. I’m finding it for $48.

Divio's AVA-specific Pinots provide a master class in terroir. Here, the underlying garrigue and bramble of the Eola-Amity Hills is on display, yet deftly muted and integrated into a complete wine with ample fruit, acidity and tannin. Mulberry, cranberry, pie cherry and more are in the mix, along with some lightly grainy, coffee-toned tannins. Built for aging, it should drink best from 2024 into the early 2030s. PAUL GREGUTT

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Dailyites. Another beautiful morning. 

Blessings and prayers lifted for the entire family of Queen Elizabeth. A sad day indeed. Prayers to all on Roy's care list.

Thank you Rich for the Daily. I can only think of one weirdo and she lives nearby. 

image.png.cfa1f9b57bdc4c737e3f7c57afe5cd76.png

I saw teddy bear day and thought of Pauline's collection. I kept 1 bear we got in Alaska and gave all the others away when we moved.

image.png.0390d19387d41dff86c9a7748e3b5e4d.png

Lots to do today. Blessings and Cheers 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

My brother sent this one to me.

Attention Canadian Dailyites:  As you can see this is from a restaurant menu, but there is no indication of what restaurant or where it is located.  The fact that the menu includes a particular signature item makes me quite confident that this restaurant is located in Canada.  I also think it is in the province of Quebec,  What do you think?

2098099018_image(2).thumb.png.08d342fa4ced46f91f5e780abb6f1790.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 22

@dfish @aliaschief Thank you for the info about espartos.  I look forward to trying them when the Oosterdam docks in Malagas.

@Cat in my lap  American Idiot is a rock opera featuring all the songs from the Green Day album of the same name.  I liked it but you may want to prepare yourself by listening to a few songs this afternoon. 

Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend.B06FB34F-3E6A-4BCA-9AB2-8911B155A4F3.jpeg.a3e6d5f3f108812508ff4eabddcc96b5.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Attention Canadian Dailyites:  As you can see this is from a restaurant menu, but there is no indication of what restaurant or where it is located.  The fact that the menu includes a particular signature item makes me quite confident that this restaurant is located in Canada.  I also think it is in the province of Quebec,  What do you think?

17 Mile House Pub - Restaurant in Sooke, BC

BC diner pokes fun at Toronto with outrageously expensive "Leafs poutine" | Offside (dailyhive.com)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Good morning and thanks all! @marshhawk happy anniversary! 

Feeling  strangely bereft,   Her majesty  the queen was the only monarch in my life,  truly I think she is the end of an era.   Found a lovely little clip. 

Crete is one of our favourite places, we’ve spent about two months  on this lovely island. Aghios Nikolas is a lovely spot on a small lake near where we’ve stayed twice.  Highly recommend! 

368451DD-F0F8-4463-A5A4-479A99C1109C.jpeg

13814A77-C850-4CC7-BCB2-3B3BCB671B88.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Good morning from a cloudy day in the mountains near Tucson. Rain is back in the forecast and Craig & I don’t think the girls will be able to come. We are very disappointed. The satellite TV worker (I misspoke before when I said cable) didn’t show up on Wednesday as planned and has been rescheduled for this morning. I haven’t been able to watch anything about the Queen and the tributes. Hopefully it’ll be back up so I can watch when King Charles is announced as sovereign, or maybe that’s happened already. 

Yesterday evening we went for a walk and Blue did okay until he decided he’d had enough. 
99B0AD08-3E01-4D2E-AA31-F96790E27BBD.thumb.jpeg.df460f83d9a2d01aa9d0ceb782b30962.jpeg

8EBCD936-C425-4242-9BF2-ABD5EFCAD51A.thumb.jpeg.53ef38d6f5fa98e43bf72752a2d3b8ae.jpeg

Lizzard Rock:

DB76C702-C55A-4EEB-A436-9F77BE2404D7.thumb.jpeg.58b01f0d97907809647de55d358b9776.jpeg

I’m going to post more pictures in another post. The bandwidth up here is sketchy. 

• Like 27

11 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! @marshhawk happy anniversary! 

Feeling  strangely bereft,   Her majesty  the queen was the only monarch in my life,  truly I think she is the end of an era.   Found a lovely little clip. 

Crete is one of our favourite places, we’ve spent about two months  on this lovely island. Aghios Nikolas is a lovely spot on a small lake near where we’ve stayed twice.  Highly recommend! 

368451DD-F0F8-4463-A5A4-479A99C1109C.jpeg

13814A77-C850-4CC7-BCB2-3B3BCB671B88.jpeg

Loved that clip about the Queen!  I am sure there are some young people who don't keep up with world events who wouldn't know who she is, but the majority of us sure would have!  Thanks for that, and also the lovely pictures for our port of the day.

• Like 17

Good morning all!

I think we have around 15 teddy bears here, they come out every Christmas as part of my decorations.  DD has the teddy bear I had as a child, he's safely at the top of the DGSs closet because with much handling I'm sure he would fall apart.  I have memories of him coming with me when I stayed overnight in the hospital to have my tonsils removed at age 6.

I like weirdos, keeps life interesting.  I'm like Debbie @dfish, and have never had any interest to do Sudoko.  I think the quote is funny, will pass on the wine and hard pass on the meal.  I'm putting a roast in the crock pot. The drink sounds yummy though.  Have been to Crete but not this port, thank you Brenda @bennybearfor the great photos and I LOVED that clip about the queen!!

Tonight DD, DSIL and one of the DGSs will be spending the night here (the oldest DGS will be at a sleepover.  Then tomorrow while DD and DSIL are doing the MS bike ride, DGS and I will have fun here at home.  We plan to make new GAK (one form of slime).  He has requested Aqua with glitter this time.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersour temperatures will be the same today!  Except for you it's a cooling trend and for us a mini heatwave LOL!

Ann @marshhawkHappy Anniversary to you and Chuck and Bon Voyage!

Some of the Christmas bears. Others were spread around the house.

875803738_firstset.thumb.jpg.32a63a98b7cd4be89fae03a1255afa7a.jpg

949058785_secondset.thumb.jpg.d8cc35969fd1009573cfcf57b1947811.jpg

And the real reason to put them out

1799864756_Fosterandbearpile.thumb.jpg.e86102542953156c22b25eb3bb7f6fe5.jpg

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 27

I was sent this chart showing the sequence of events for the mourning of Queen Elizabeth II. The picture used of HRH is certainly not the most flattering but the chart is a helpful reference.

IMG_2028.jpg.5b5bb1aae9b5fce2d5c82875d40c69e8.jpg

I'm amazed that King Charles III is required to travel to parts of the UK during this period of mourning. Perhaps that's part of his transition from 'son' to 'king'?

@grapau27 , can you explain?

-Melisa

• Like 10
  • Thanks 8

4 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I think we have around 15 teddy bears here, they come out every Christmas as part of my decorations.  DD has the teddy bear I had as a child, he's safely at the top of the DGSs closet because with much handling I'm sure he would fall apart.  I have memories of him coming with me when I stayed overnight in the hospital to have my tonsils removed at age 6.

I like weirdos, keeps life interesting.  I'm like Debbie @dfish, and have never had any interest to do Sudoko.  I think the quote is funny, will pass on the wine and hard pass on the meal.  I'm putting a roast in the crock pot. The drink sounds yummy though.  Have been to Crete but not this port, thank you Brenda @bennybearfor the great photos.

Tonight DD, DSIL and one of the DGSs will be spending the night here (the oldest DGS will be at a sleepover.  Then tomorrow while DD and DSIL are doing the MS bike ride, DGS and I will have fun here at home.  We plan to make new GAK (one form of slime).  He has requested Aqua with glitter this time.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersour temperatures will be the same today!  Except for you it's a cooling trend and for us a mini heatwave LOL!

Ann @marshhawkHappy Anniversary to you and Chuck and Bon Voyage!

Some of the Christmas bears. Others were spread around the house.

875803738_firstset.thumb.jpg.32a63a98b7cd4be89fae03a1255afa7a.jpg

949058785_secondset.thumb.jpg.d8cc35969fd1009573cfcf57b1947811.jpg

And the real reason to put them out

1799864756_Fosterandbearpile.thumb.jpg.e86102542953156c22b25eb3bb7f6fe5.jpg

Carolyn, you're right about the temperature being a cooling off period for us.  Strange how that temp is a heatwave up your way.🥵

Your comment about the teddy bear going to the hospital with you for your tonsils surgery, immediately made me think of when I had my tonsils out.  Mine were getting infected a lot but my twin's weren't.  Still they decided to just remove hers as well!  So I took my twin to the hospital with me!  Odd how back in '50's they would do an unnecessary surgery like that to someone, just "in case" she had tonsil problems in the future.🤪

Cute photo of your DGS with the bears.  I bet it took him a lot less time to gather them all together than it did for you to put them all back!🧸

• Like 14

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks to Rich, Roy and everyone who posts on the Daily News!  Happy Anniversary and bon voyage to @marshhawk. We go for our tests today.  I'm not too worried (Famous last words?).  I'm also doing a lot of laundry and cleaning today, so it won't be too messy when we get back.  I think I must do about 40 sudokus a day, also we do the cryptic crossword as a family every day.  No teddy bears here, I'm afraid, I'm not sure why, maybe because we've always lived in tropical places and you don't want to be cuddling something furry!  I love sardines!  Tapas in Spain always seem to have some floating around, fried, grilled, salted....    We visited Agios Nikolaos on the Prinsendam in 2011 with DD.  The ship was riddled with noro and we all got it.  Pat and I were released from isolation that day, but were tired, so we just wandered (we had had a long ship's tour booked but they let us off the hook )  and DD was still confined to her room.  It's a pretty town.   We went into a small museum and looked at pots...

P1020061.thumb.JPG.62f7fb3604005f7b6856787ef4d36e95.JPG

CIMG3098.thumb.JPG.f021260b985a64f4911d475dcb38c37d.JPG

P1020044.thumb.JPG.fa52a989f1d406ca48ad7217e73258de.JPG  

P1020049.thumb.JPG.792b9c144e6fd361e8e45130d4bb0fc2.JPG

CIMG3099.thumb.JPG.cdd4deadeb5b87c30ffcdc5a0cd7ef33.JPG

P1020051.thumb.JPG.9a4a02a33bf7d618784549ecdb44227f.JPG

P1020060.thumb.JPG.cddf7a4569600096f763ca9efeb6ebde.JPG

Sardines!

IMG_3866.thumb.JPG.ca323668a5bdc8f92874cac855d42fdb.JPG

IMG_3869.thumb.JPG.cf4b6f96ee5b656ded2a8078ff3577d3.JPG

IMG_3908.thumb.JPG.cf16a757374867b26ac7a6a7d0138770.JPG

• Like 25