At Sea Destination Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island, Philippines eta 3-02

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Port Louis, Mauritius Island eta 3-02

image.thumb.png.b14969bbc4c40876e6f5498d98d00f9d.png

image.thumb.png.079fb40ba03917def06a7530a11ca8e8.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 12

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

It’s National Retro Day. This will be easy to celebrate. Just call a friend on my rotary phone while wearing my Air Walmart tennis shoes and bell bottom pants; that’s a No Brainer. RNB in bell bottom pants; are you kidding me!

And I will celebrate Polar Bear day by eating a Klondike Bar. I do have a couple of polar bear jokes but I might get in trouble again. Ok, here goes. What do you do if you are confronted by three different types of bears? 
Black Bear: stay very still and don’t move.

Brown Bear: raise you arms high and stand tall and make a lot of noise

Polar Bear: you can kiss your *** goodbye.

• Like 14
  • Haha 14

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I’m curious about today’s meal suggestion. I like meatball subs but haven’t heard of this version. I look forward to pictures and recipes from @dfish.  Tonight into tomorrow we are expecting the largest snow storm of the season, 3 to 5 inches, not a big one but may be the first use of the snow blower this winter.  I’m hoping I don’t need to drive in it and go to the office.

Yesterday I organized the cat food I bought.  One box each for 2024 and 2025 expiration dates.  I gave the kids some of the shorter dates and they loved it.  So much so that they demanded a fourth can.  Each can was gone in very short order.  They are either spoiled or I’m well trained.

To customer issue reporting system goes live at 8am and I’m expecting lots of customer issues and a very busy work day. 

image.png.bd622eb9cc5a90866564b5b1b596af70.png

• Like 23
  • Haha 12

Good morning friends!  It is currently 57F and will be mostly cloudy with a high of 74 today, slight chance of a shower.  We had lots of sunshine yesterday even though they predicted cloudy all day long.  Hmmph!  Last night I slept pretty well and believe I only woke up once.  Arm muscles are slightly sore from Saturday's gym workout.  I'm heading downstairs to my treadmill right after this is posted. 

First I want to thank Rich @richwmnfor going to so much trouble to plan each Daily before he left for his world cruise.  It makes it easy for us to post it, and for sure none of us would be able to do as fine a job of it.  Thanks also to Vanessa @JazzyVfor taking care of the Care and Celebration list posting for Roy @rafinmd.  It takes a lot of the strain off me too.  And to all our F&B department ladies, three cheers for your jobs too.  We couldn't do this without you!  Prayers all around for those in need of them and Vanessa will be listing them before long.  If you know of someone who desperately needs prayers don't forget to add them to your personal list.  I hope things calm down a bit and we can spend most of our time cheering for the Celebration list instead.  Hope the cruisers are having a great time on a smooth cruise!  

Today we celebrate polar bears.  They are magnificent creatures but you wouldn't want to run into one.  No brainer sounds good because it seems you don't have to think too hard on that one.  National retro day could be fun to celebrate.  We all seem to like the book quotes and today's is from Hemingway.   I would try a french onion meatball sub.  I wonder if Subway has those?  We used to eat at Subway all the time but stopped going in there for some reason.  I think we were trying to eat out less because you seem to consume more calories in a restaurant.  No thanks to the chardonnay but the margarita could be fun.  

The port of Andalsnes, Norway was our port of the day June 29, 2022, which was disembarkation day for my Island Princess cruise last summer.  I had visited Andalsnes only a few days before on Saturday, June 25.  That's the day DH got out of Covid jail and I had gotten out only a couple of days earlier so we took a short walk around town.  We both tired so quickly we couldn't go too far.  But I have to say it seems like a town you might want to get a tour to somewhere near.  I did have a beautiful view of the mountain right off the ships's starboard side though.  And it's also the place where the gondolas took people up to the top of one of the mountains for a pretty view.  

Photo taken from the ship of the little town of Andalsnes when I woke up that morning.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnU9Ju6DyJbgrvoHUUrpz35cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656961803

Gondolas up the mountain left from this building.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-36puUGcpYVok6ZUN-Q85Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972620

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJKvolKgBUddxqU19x3f3drnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656961802

I'm sure the views from up there were pretty.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1m1LrNQh4jLijSKv5tXNKrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972624

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI1gOReF_iXxNvdZomRBqmeUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972631

This was the very busy Visitor Center right on the pier.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX7ucV1CsvcdiLFodens5f4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972640

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIHVcvRoDMOOdzNNNqya4BqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972636

Shopping of course

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKp0eosCUjQM9-hwXqjzvf3Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972647

There were green patches near the town center and this was about as far as we got before getting very tired.  We really needed a rest after our bout with Covid.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIWzmnxrNcPSvS3egj29WRGKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972664

So we headed back to the Island Princess.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLeIWCJHi95i7LtfXgkhmsbrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972626

We had only been out for about 30 minutes but I'm sure we took a nap after that.  We really enjoyed the fresh air on the balcony as we sailed away from Andalsnes that afternoon.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI5EESTrHcVCPGHv8jLOu0daAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972679

Hope all have a very good day today!  

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Good morning from a sunny 42°F North East England.

Thank you Sandi for posting today's fleet reports and Daily.

3 good days.

Polar bears need protection.

I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my mobile phone or Cruise Critic.

Retro items and buildings like these on Miami beach are much more interesting.

I will miss today's food and drink.

Prayers 🙏 our care list is shorter today and no new issues turn up.

Graham.

IMG_20230206_113504.jpg

IMG_20230206_112531.jpg

IMG_20230206_112528.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It is currently 57F and will be mostly cloudy with a high of 74 today, slight chance of a shower.  We had lots of sunshine yesterday even though they predicted cloudy all day long.  Hmmph!  Last night I slept pretty well and believe I only woke up once.  Arm muscles are slightly sore from Saturday's gym workout.  I'm heading downstairs to my treadmill right after this is posted. 

First I want to thank Rich @richwmnfor going to so much trouble to plan each Daily before he left for his world cruise.  It makes it easy for us to post it, and for sure none of us would be able to do as fine a job of it.  Thanks also to Vanessa @JazzyVfor taking care of the Care and Celebration list posting for Roy @rafinmd.  It takes a lot of the strain off me too.  And to all our F&B department ladies, three cheers for your jobs too.  We couldn't do this without you!  Prayers all around for those in need of them and Vanessa will be listing them before long.  If you know of someone who desperately needs prayers don't forget to add them to your personal list.  I hope things calm down a bit and we can spend most of our time cheering for the Celebration list instead.  Hope the cruisers are having a great time on a smooth cruise!  

Today we celebrate polar bears.  They are magnificent creatures but you wouldn't want to run into one.  No brainer sounds good because it seems you don't have to think too hard on that one.  National retro day could be fun to celebrate.  We all seem to like the book quotes and today's is from Hemingway.   I would try a french onion meatball sub.  I wonder if Subway has those?  We used to eat at Subway all the time but stopped going in there for some reason.  I think we were trying to eat out less because you seem to consume more calories in a restaurant.  No thanks to the chardonnay but the margarita could be fun.  

The port of Andalsnes, Norway was our port of the day June 29, 2022, which was disembarkation day for my Island Princess cruise last summer.  I had visited Andalsnes only a few days before on Saturday, June 25.  That's the day DH got out of Covid jail and I had gotten out only a couple of days earlier so we took a short walk around town.  We both tired so quickly we couldn't go too far.  But I have to say it seems like a town you might want to get a tour to somewhere near.  I did have a beautiful view of the mountain right off the ships's starboard side though.  And it's also the place where the gondolas took people up to the top of one of the mountains for a pretty view.  

Photo taken from the ship of the little town of Andalsnes when I woke up that morning.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnU9Ju6DyJbgrvoHUUrpz35cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656961803

Gondolas up the mountain left from this building.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-36puUGcpYVok6ZUN-Q85Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972620

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJKvolKgBUddxqU19x3f3drnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656961802

I'm sure the views from up there were pretty.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1m1LrNQh4jLijSKv5tXNKrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972624

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI1gOReF_iXxNvdZomRBqmeUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972631

This was the very busy Visitor Center right on the pier.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX7ucV1CsvcdiLFodens5f4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972640

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIHVcvRoDMOOdzNNNqya4BqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972636

Shopping of course

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKp0eosCUjQM9-hwXqjzvf3Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972647

There were green patches near the town center and this was about as far as we got before getting very tired.  We really needed a rest after our bout with Covid.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIWzmnxrNcPSvS3egj29WRGKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972664

So we headed back to the Island Princess.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLeIWCJHi95i7LtfXgkhmsbrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972626

We had only been out for about 30 minutes but I'm sure we took a nap after that.  We really enjoyed the fresh air on the balcony as we sailed away from Andalsnes that afternoon.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI5EESTrHcVCPGHv8jLOu0daAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656972679

Superb photos as usual Sandi.

Paulines interest picks up when she sees shops.

I used to work out on weight machines before my heart attack and usually after using heavy weights I would finish with very light weights to warm down and usually this prevented muscle aches next day.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 18

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Sandi.

Polar Bears are magnificent creatures, worthy of celebration and saving.  No brainer day?  Well, I think it’s a no brainer to thank Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor starting the Daily for us in Rich’s absence & @richwmnfor creating it and setting it up, @JazzyVfor working on the lists in place of Roy and of course our F & B department @dfish@summer slope@cat shepard.  Thank you ladies.

LOL on the quote by Hemingway - how can a book be disloyal?  I must need more coffee 😉 

4182F1D5-0096-4DF5-9E97-5DA58FEB8919.jpeg.dca5527c2358af1b6c4b24f8cae2dacf.jpeg

@StLouisCruisersboth of the puppies are so cute!  But, OMG - 2 puppies?  I’m afraid the work is going to be cut out for them 😘 

Yikes on your renovations yikes 😱 @bennybearA very happy belated milestone birthday to your DS

567A3772-78D1-4E9E-A623-F8C01CFC786A.jpeg.8c92c14ca1ae55af6ef083202a0312f9.jpeg

@erewhonso glad to hear that there are now only 10 people unaccounted for after the storm - hoping they are safe but oh no on more rain.  That’s the last thing they need 😔 

Temperatures have dropped dramatically again.  Woke up to a cold house (heat works just too cold out and I stupidly turned the heat down).  Oh well, it will warm up again just in time for another snow storm 😔

EB4B0C91-ADC9-44ED-8E98-37F287141E9F.thumb.jpeg.16645afeaacff68ebc6483027705c4aa.jpeg

thinking of giving up alcohol for 3 days this month.

51DA8CB2-59CC-4054-9EF9-590CFC3DF561.thumb.jpeg.f246f2cce664e6ee5c2b1ad79cd67496.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, Ukraine, New Zealand, earthquake victims and those that need them.  And a bit toast 🥂 to those who need them.

C26CBD92-6E2C-4A56-B1CF-167EAE23A460.thumb.jpeg.0d924597463bc6f5f295fe4edac53a9e.jpeg

Have a great Monday, everyone !!!!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good Monday morning to all.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the Daily and Fleet Report.  You are up early this morning.  Thank you also for the photos of the port.

Interesting collection of days.  I like Polar Bears, lots of things are no brainers and it is amazing how some people can’t figure them out,  As for retro day, I have so many things that are old around here, that everything is retro.

I like the quote by Hemingway.

I have not been to the port.

As for the F&B department, I will pass on the meal.  I could never manage to eat a sub at this point in my life.  

As for the drink, I will never pass up a Maragarita.

I will wait on the wine to see what @cat shepard has to say about it.

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists and your dedication to making sure we are aware of who we need to keep in our thoughts in prayers each day.  Also who to congratulate and celebrate with as well.

I pray for each of my friends here on the Daily each day.  

I am up and in my pj’s. I have no idea if workers are coming today.  Sure would like to get this project over once and for all.  We still have not found DH’s credit cards, sweater and shoes.  I have a feeling they are all in the same place.

Ordered a new TV table for the den from Wayfair.  I hope we are not disappointed.  When the previous TV broke and we bought a new one, the present TV table proved to be a bit small.  The TV fits but just about.  I feel that if I look at it crooked, it will fall off the table.  So I bought one that looks pretty and fits the furniture in the den.  Having never bought any furniture from Wayfair I hope I did the right thing. It’s supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Not much else going on around here , especially at this hour of the morning.

Will check back later.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 30
  • Haha 1

Don Francisco Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Hornitos® Plata Tequila
1 part Orange Juice
½ part Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
¾ part Honey Syrup
Salt and Chili Powder (for rim)
Garnish: Orange Wheel,
Edible Marigold

Instructions
Put equal parts salt and chili powder on a plate. Use an orange or lime wedge to wet the rim of the glass, and gently roll it into the salt/chili powder. Combine cocktail ingredients in an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Shake and strain into your rimmed rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with an orange wheel and edible marigold.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 7.06.33 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Good morning everyone, on our way to Bonaire from St. Kitts. I’m happy to say that I’m enjoying 79F and will be missing the weather that @Crazy For Catswill be having back home.  I hope the Polar Bears enjoy their day, sounds like they have the weather for it.  I like the quote today but think that I’ll ease off on the food and drink. I haven’t been to today’s port but we’re considering a cruise to Norway in 2024, the pictures are very nice. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today. Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events!  Now to start enjoying our sea day!

• Like 26

Thank you for starting our day, Sandi! Rich, it really was so generous of you to set us up to continue while you sailing the World. 

Vanessa, thank you for your very thoughtful and precise keeping of the lists.

A bit foggy here this morning, but the sun is already breaking through. My visitors enjoyed some amazing weather. My pool was even warm enough to enjoy!  We started and ended each day outside and enjoyed the birds singing in the morning. 
Bindi did not do well with the stress of visitors and the disruption to her routine. She may be at an age where a stay at her Pet Paradise is more enjoyable for her. Not sure. Off to the gym and then some cleanup & Bindi walks will help fill up the day. 

6EEF686F-51F6-402B-B925-D53471C7618A.jpeg.7a41aef2801d8bbc48cf46737a77815e.jpeg

15914FCF-4B56-445A-AEC9-898A9A0702F0.jpeg.15db12fa82847a591936249b116fedff.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Felton Road Chardonnay Central Otago Block 6 2021

Another elusive New Zealand wine, but I did find one Australian distributor who ships to me - and who provided some excellent insight into why this Chardonnay is so good. You might find others. Now if the shipping cost wouldn’t be astronomical, I might be tempted. My price was $44.44.

Distributor notes

The higher elevation and north-facing slope of Block 6 provide a unique difference in the growing and ripening conditions compared to Block 2, whilst sharing very similar deep, schist gravel soils. Riper fruit with delicate brioche notes and almond lead the aromatics. A more mouthcoating and broader Chardonnay that is still transparent and detailed from the careful handling. The 2021 vintage has yielded precise and sophisticated Chardonnays.

Critic insight
Felton Road wines are located in Bannockburn, Central Otago in New Zealand, the most southerly wine-growing region in the World. Here, vineyards are nestled into small macroclimates totally surrounded by high mountains, many of which are snowcapped all year round. Though the location is on the edge of sustainable viticulture these macroclimates consistently combine hot days, cool nights, and long dry autumns. The latitude of 45 degrees south is similar to the Willamette Valley in Oregon and some of the finest wine regions of France. "Both of Felton Road's Pinot Noirs are breakthrough efforts in New Zealand and compete with the finest wines being made in California, Oregon, and Burgundy's Cote d'Or. The Wine Advocate; Robert Parker

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning from a sunny 42°F North East England.

Thank you Sandi for posting today's fleet reports and Daily.

3 good days.

Polar bears need protection.

I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my mobile phone or Cruise Critic.

Retro items and buildings like these on Miami beach are much more interesting.

I will miss today's food and drink.

Prayers 🙏 our care list is shorter today and no new issues turn up.

Graham.

IMG_20230206_113504.jpg

IMG_20230206_112531.jpg

IMG_20230206_112528.jpg

Really interesting pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all. Our local weather person is giddy with the news about a possibility of snow coming our way. It is expected to be three to five inches here and certainly not a blizzard but as we haven’t had any it is cause for much meteorological excitement. I guarantee every person my age is planning a supermarket trip today but I won’t be joining them.

Thanks you for getting us started Sandi @StLouisCruisers. I remember worrying  about you and your DH from afar after your thirty minute walk in Norway. It had to be difficult to feel that way so far from home. I felt that way with my Covid experience but at least I was already home.

I make all sorts of meatballs around here with every imaginable ingredient  but it sounds easy to turn it into a “hero” or “wedge” as they are called here. I am awaiting the input of our executive chef regarding dinner. I was thinking of making baked ziti and hope she agrees.

I had my first experience with a post being removed yesterday and I cannot figure out why it was verboten. I try to be diplomatic and keep away from drama in real life and here but I guess I annoyed someone. Oh well.

Have a great day everyone 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for starting our day, Sandi! Rich, it really was so generous of you to set us up to continue while you sailing the World. 

Vanessa, thank you for your very thoughtful and precise keeping of the lists.

A bit foggy here this morning, but the sun is already breaking through. My visitors enjoyed some amazing weather. My pool was even warm enough to enjoy!  We started and ended each day outside and enjoyed the birds singing in the morning. 
Bindi did not do well with the stress of visitors and the disruption to her routine. She may be at an age where a stay at her Pet Paradise is more enjoyable for her. Not sure. Off to the gym and then some cleanup & Bindi walks will help fill up the day. 

6EEF686F-51F6-402B-B925-D53471C7618A.jpeg.7a41aef2801d8bbc48cf46737a77815e.jpeg

15914FCF-4B56-445A-AEC9-898A9A0702F0.jpeg.15db12fa82847a591936249b116fedff.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Felton Road Chardonnay Central Otago Block 6 2021

Another elusive New Zealand wine, but I did find one Australian distributor who ships to me - and who provided some excellent insight into why this Chardonnay is so good. You might find others. Now if the shipping cost wouldn’t be astronomical, I might be tempted. My price was $44.44.

Distributor notes

The higher elevation and north-facing slope of Block 6 provide a unique difference in the growing and ripening conditions compared to Block 2, whilst sharing very similar deep, schist gravel soils. Riper fruit with delicate brioche notes and almond lead the aromatics. A more mouthcoating and broader Chardonnay that is still transparent and detailed from the careful handling. The 2021 vintage has yielded precise and sophisticated Chardonnays.

Critic insight
Felton Road wines are located in Bannockburn, Central Otago in New Zealand, the most southerly wine-growing region in the World. Here, vineyards are nestled into small macroclimates totally surrounded by high mountains, many of which are snowcapped all year round. Though the location is on the edge of sustainable viticulture these macroclimates consistently combine hot days, cool nights, and long dry autumns. The latitude of 45 degrees south is similar to the Willamette Valley in Oregon and some of the finest wine regions of France. "Both of Felton Road's Pinot Noirs are breakthrough efforts in New Zealand and compete with the finest wines being made in California, Oregon, and Burgundy's Cote d'Or. The Wine Advocate; Robert Parker

Very funny. It is amazing how all the cars in Florida turn yellow unless you already have a yellow car.

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

The Hemingway quote made me think…I love to read but I rarely read a book more than once.  I do not buy books, I use my wonderful public library.   I do not become emotional attachment to a book. I appreciate the way a book can make us feel, the way it can open the door to new worlds and ways of seeing but my most loyal friends are actual people.

I feel for those in the cold, snow and wind.  We have had .02 inches of snow in Baltimore this year.  Last Thursday it was 79 degrees. The daffodils are blooming.1DAE8B46-2656-48C2-ADE7-85D16657091C.thumb.jpeg.1fde126468716c84870b8990daf32372.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Shopping of course

As Gene Autry once sang, “You’re Back in the Saddle Again.” Great photos!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Marshhawk’s Neko crossing the rainbow bridge

RIP 2/22/23 My BFF’s Uncle 

Durangoscot’s nephew and his wife with Covid

Cruising-along’s kidney issues, seeing Nephrologist this week 

East Palestine, OH environmental disaster

Earthquakes in Turkey, Syria and Sicily

New Zealand affected by cyclone/flooding

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Jacqui recovering from elbow surgery

Tana’s pulmonary issues 

Cruzin Terri’s master bath renovation delays

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Former President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Luvteaching’s DH’s continued improvement and hospital release this week

Sarah doing better after her injections

CrabbyPatti’s Dad doing better physically

New Zealand now with few people left unaccounted for after the cyclone 

Cruising sister’s trip to Las Vegas 2/28 – 3/3

5 days for Suslor (Zaandam 3/4 to 3/18)

6 days for TAW1963 (Ruby Princess 3/5 to 3/12)

Lady Hudson (Enchantment of the Seas to 3/3), Mr. Boston (Celebrity Millennium to 3/4), RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam to 3/8), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 23
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.  Thanks for the report.

I'm having computer problems this morning, hope this works.🤞

We've got another storm in the forecast for this afternoon, lots more snow for us.

I guess the polar bears would like our weather.  It's a no-brainer for me, I'm staying in.  Love retro in some things but not others.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I think I'd like the drink and the wine.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning to all. Our local weather person is giddy with the news about a possibility of snow coming our way. It is expected to be three to five inches here and certainly not a blizzard but as we haven’t had any it is cause for much meteorological excitement. I guarantee every person my age is planning a supermarket trip today but I won’t be joining them.

Thanks you for getting us started Sandi @StLouisCruisers. I remember worrying  about you and your DH from afar after your thirty minute walk in Norway. It had to be difficult to feel that way so far from home. I felt that way with my Covid experience but at least I was already home.

I make all sorts of meatballs around here with every imaginable ingredient  but it sounds easy to turn it into a “hero” or “wedge” as they are called here. I am awaiting the input of our executive chef regarding dinner. I was thinking of making baked ziti and hope she agrees.

I had my first experience with a post being removed yesterday and I cannot figure out why it was verboten. I try to be diplomatic and keep away from drama in real life and here but I guess I annoyed someone. Oh well.

Have a great day everyone 

I hope you have a great day Terry.

I hope Tana is well.

Take care.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Happy Monday, and thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, and the F&B ladies.  Polar Bears are magnificent and I've been lucky enough to see them in person a couple of times. 

3AM curse came up again last night although I slept a couple of hours in front of the TV in the evening and think I slept pretty well before that.

I see the podiatrist tomorrow afternoon.

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone!

Mid-Michigan is in for some more snow and mixed precipitation today.  It is supposed to start around noon.  That gives me time to go to exercise class and get home. And that is all that is planned for today.

The meatball sub sounds good but I'd probably prefer it without the bun.  Too much bread for me.  This one looked the best to me.  https://thecuriousplate.com/french-onion-meatball-subs/

frenchonionmeatballsub1.thumb.jpg.3c7fcb680b756ab5eab091b26fd0a3d3.jpg

Lots of good onions here!   I'd probably cook them a little more until they were a more golden brown color.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/saucy-onion-meatball-subs/

frenchonionmeatballsub3.jpg.35953e0f02bfd2a158a26bcd4afaa7f4.jpg

The Gruyere cheese made this one sound good.   https://dempsters.ca/recipes/savoury-french-onion-and-gruyere-meatball-subs

frenchonionmeatballsub4.jpg.7e00076669044c02e471fd8e08bc2b07.jpg

I hope one of these sounds good to you!   Wishing you all a wonderful day.  Healing thoughts and hugs to those who need them and cheers to those who are celebrating!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8