The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday February 28th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

14 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Good afternoon everyone. I have not posted for awhile as I have not felt well but I have been reading everyday. Prayers for those who need them, whether they know they need them or not and shout outs for those who we can celebrate. I am an animal lover, particularly cats and I cried for all the fur babies that have crossed the rainbow bridge recently.

This has not been a good month for me and I am very thankful that it is almost done. I have been to the cardiology office 3 times this month, seen by 3 different PA's, had 2 blood draws, a Sinus CT Scan, a Chest  Enhanced CT Scan, a lower extremity arterial US, and a  lower extremity vein US. Tomorrow I will have a Chemical Nuclear Stress Test and that will finish the testing at least until I go back to the PA for results on March 15. Of course every test was scheduled for a different day. So far I have only been notified of the results of one blood test which indicated congestive heart failure. After getting 4 new Rx I am breathing easier, the swelling in my legs and feet has gone down and the fatigue is not as bad. Before I return to cardiology I will see my pulmonologist on March 6 and gastro-enterologist on March 7. I will finally been seen by my newly assigned Cardiologist on March 28th. (My previous cardiologist left the practice in June).  Ok, rant over.

Thank you to all who have posted photos of today's and of all the daily destinations.  The meal today looks so good and the wine sounds great.

Jane

Prayers for you my friend Jane. Thanks for letting us know and please keep us apprised. We are available for rants and support.❤️

• Like 12

I think I will try the blue bubble posting method that Vanessa @JazzyV mentioned and that several of you like to do, too.  Here goes!

@kazuJacqui, thanks for the Iceland-Greenland meme.  Loved it!  I hope you get all your seeds planted on time.

@cat shepardAnn I hope Bindi is back to her normal calmness soon.

@JazzyVVanessa, great job on the Care and Celebration lists.  Thank you!  Thanks also for the amazing photos from Christchurch.  It must have been so interesting.  They have the ball time signal in Greenwich, England, too.  I believe the signal was at about 1 pm there.

@ger_77Gerry hoping to hear your DH's tooth was replaced today.  Maybe the denturist should start using your super glue. 😆 Nice of your trusted friend to give you a hand setting up the new computer. 

@smitty34877Terry pretty snow pic (if you like snow).  I hope your DH's tests come back in a positive way.

@ottahand7Nancy I'm glad you enjoyed your Belem tour but that late couple should be ashamed of themselves.  Thank you for your photos too.  You are certainly having some lovely dinners onboard the Volendam.  On our Amazon cruise they scheduled the Crossing the Equator festivities for after the third crossing.

@dfishDebbie the dining set looks great in your dining room.  I'm glad all the snow that fell didn't delay the delivery today.  The tortellini skillet dinner looks delicious!

@superoma Eva Happy 53rd Anniversary!  The flowers are beautiful!

@aliaschiefBruce it's good to hear someone is sleeping well.  Wish we could all join your well rested club!  The memes each day continue to make me laugh out loud!  Maybe I need to de-stress on a world cruise like Rich is doing.  😉

@Crazy For CatsJake I hope you can easily fall back to sleep with all the wake up calls from the kids.  I'd be an even bigger mess than I already am🥴.

@Cruzin TerriTerri hope you sleep better tonight too.  Amazing that your DH can sleep just about anywhere including standing up.  Hopefully the table arrived today and you and DH can get it set up soon.  Good luck waiting for the tiler.  You should be making good progress on the unpacking of the boxes in the meantime.

@marshhawkAnnie, I'm sorry to hear of the problems with neighborhood pilferers.  We always keep our doors locked, ever since we lived near the prison that Charles Manson was locked up in out in Northern California.  We weren't taking any chances!

@kochleffel Paul, sleep if you can because it can't hurt you.  We are envious.😴  Thank you for the photo from Valdemossa.  Nutty weather!

@cruising sisterLorraine hope you got some public sleeping in today on your flight.  Have a wonderful time!  Your new airport looks nice.  

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda good idea your tour guide had telling everyone to arrive back at the bus 30 minutes early and letting you all know the actual time would be 30 minutes later.  Did the couple ever catch on?  When my late sister was first married and had several toddlers she would always be late for Sunday dinner at our parent's house.  So we just told her dinner was 30 minutes earlier than planned.  It worked great!

@AncientWandererMaxine thank you for telling us of your experience in Christchurch, taking the City Line tour bus from Akaroa. I love visiting botanical gardens.  I love the 4 am bathroom visit meme.  If I woke up at 4 am I would just stay awake since I would normally get out of bed within the hour to begin the Daily and then do the treadmill.  Actually I'd be thrilled to sleep from 10 pm to 4 am.  Maybe I'll try the Benadryl route Sharon mentioned.

@TiogaCruiser Laura,I love your creativity with the flowers.  This event should be outstanding.

@Safety SquirrelEdna, thank you for your discussion of the Churchill tour.  We love learning new things.

@rafinmdRoy, thanks for the photos from Christchurch.  I hope the foot continues to go down in swelling.

@Seasick Sailorthanks for the reminder about Honolulu instead of Kauai today.  I simply forgot to note that today.  Nawiliwili is difficult on a good day.   Are you leaving for Fanning Island, Kiribati Wednesday?  Arriving March 4?  Also thanks for the sleep advice.  

@luvteachingKaren, it's good to hear your DH is doing well lately and will be home soon.  It's better to be safe than sorry with driving on slippery roads. 

@Cruising-alongCarolyn, good luck with all your medical appointments.  And I do feel like a lump tonight.  Sweet dreams to you tonight!

@NextOneEdi, glad to hear your new X-rays and tests look good!  But I hope there won't be a need for a heart valve replacement.  My Mom had two replaced with pig valves in the late 1990's.  I don't know if they still use those these days.  While we were out today we saw blooming trees of all colors and kinds.  Spring is showing up early, so we'd better watch out for the unexpected March or April snow.

@Sharon in AZSharon it's too bad you've been experiencing heartburn and stomach problems lately.  Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you.

@lazey1Jane, what a terrible month you've had!  I'm so sorry you have to go through so many procedures and appointments to get some answers.  Also I hate to hear of the congestive heart failure diagnosis.  Thankfully the medications seem to be helping.  After hearing this I am going to try not to complain about losing sleep even if it does make me feel crummy.  We should always try to look on the bright side of things.  Prayers for you that things improve for you very soon, and good luck with all the doctor visits.

Well sorry this took so long to finish.  Dinner was in the middle there, too, so it couldn't be helped.  I don't like not being able to read and keep up with the Daily all day long.  This one time reply at the end of the day is for the birds!  Now I know how @erewhonfeels.  Well, see you all in the morning.  I have 9 hours to relax and wind down!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

Rabbits,rabbits white rabbits,  on this the First day of March, our days are beginning to get dark earlier in the evenings.  It's a cloudy day ,temperature 21 C.

Thanks for all the fleet and daily information.

The only times that I sleep in public, is  on the lie-flat seats, on long haul flights.

We always have fresh flowers in the house.

Lyttelton suffered earthquake damage, since then a new cruise ship wharf has been built.

Today Wednesday,  Noordam is visiting Picton , she is berthed at the Shakespeare Bay logging wharf.

@superoma Congratulations on your 53rd Anniversary. Beautiful flowers, your meal loks delicious.

@aliaschief Thanks for your humour today, Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

@ger_77  hope that your DH had a successful dental appointement.

@Cruising-along  hope the antibiotics help your DH.   Is your ship calling at Akaroa  not Lyttelton next year? If so, Akaroa is a tender port, a small village , friendly locals.  Good luck with your health appointments

@StLouisCruisers great use of the "Blue bubbles".  it's so  easy!.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Well, the TV table arrived.  It was so heavy we could not pick up the box and bring it into the house. We had to unpack it at the front door.  We have all the pieces laid out in the living room.  We have decided to have Wayfair come and put it together.  We have spent so much money at this point that what is another $80 bucks.  We just can’t do it.

So they will be here on Friday morning to put it together.  Putting this thing together is just too much.  Too heavy and beyond us.

Just can’t do it.  

I guess at this point you are all realizing that DH is starting to have some problems and I am handling everything alone. I really need some prayers.  Have been hesitant to say anything but this flood has put him over the edge.

No wonder I can’t sleep.

Terri

• Like 11
  • Thanks 11

27 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, the TV table arrived.  It was so heavy we could not pick up the box and bring it into the house. We had to unpack it at the front door.  We have all the pieces laid out in the living room.  We have decided to have Wayfair come and put it together.  We have spent so much money at this point that what is another $80 bucks.  We just can’t do it.

So they will be here on Friday morning to put it together.  Putting this thing together is just too much.  Too heavy and beyond us.

Just can’t do it.  

I guess at this point you are all realizing that DH is starting to have some problems and I am handling everything alone. I really need some prayers.  Have been hesitant to say anything but this flood has put him over the edge.

No wonder I can’t sleep.

Terri

Terri, You always get requested prayers on the Daily along with hugs and support.❤️

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just can’t do it.  

No wonder I can’t sleep.

Terri

Hugs, Terri.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

hope the antibiotics help your DH.   Is your ship calling at Akaroa  not Lyttelton next year? If so, Akaroa is a tender port, a small village , friendly locals.  Good luck with your health appointments

Thank you!

Yes, (at least for now) our itinerary shows Akaroa on March 9 (as we all know though, things can change) 😉  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I think I will try the blue bubble posting method that Vanessa @JazzyV mentioned and that several of you like to do, too.  Here goes!

@kazuJacqui, thanks for the Iceland-Greenland meme.  Loved it!  I hope you get all your seeds planted on time.

@JazzyVVanessa, great job on the Care and Celebration lists.  Thank you!  Thanks also for the amazing photos from Christchurch.  It must have been so interesting.  They have the ball time signal in Greenwich, England, too.  I believe the signal was at about 1 pm there.

@ger_77Gerry hoping to hear your DH's tooth was replaced today.  Maybe the denturist should start using your super glue. 😆 Nice of your trusted friend to give you a hand setting up the new computer. 

@smitty34877Terry pretty snow pic (if you like snow).  I hope your DH's tests come back in a positive way.

@ottahand7Nancy I'm glad you enjoyed your Belem tour but that late couple should be ashamed of themselves.  Thank you for your photos too.  You are certainly having some lovely dinners onboard the Volendam.  On our Amazon cruise they scheduled the Crossing the Equator festivities for after the third crossing.

@dfishDebbie the dining set looks great in your dining room.  I'm glad all the snow that fell didn't delay the delivery today.  The tortellini skillet dinner looks delicious!

@aliaschiefBruce it's good to hear someone is sleeping well.  Wish we could all join your well rested club!  The memes each day continue to make me laugh out loud!  Maybe I need to de-stress on a world cruise like Rich is doing.  😉

@Crazy For CatsJake I hope you can easily fall back to sleep with all the wake up calls from the kids.  I'd be an even bigger mess than I already am🥴.

@Cruzin TerriTerri hope you sleep better tonight too.  Amazing that your DH can sleep just about anywhere including standing up.  Hopefully the table arrived today and you and DH can get it set up soon.  Good luck waiting for the tiler.  You should be making good progress on the unpacking of the boxes in the meantime.

@marshhawkAnnie, I'm sorry to hear of the problems with neighborhood pilferers.  We always keep our doors locked, ever since we lived near the prison that Charles Manson was locked up in out in Northern California.  We weren't taking any chances!

@kochleffel Paul, sleep if you can because it can't hurt you.  We are envious.😴  Thank you for the photo from Valdemossa.  Nutty weather!

@cruising sisterLorraine hope you got some public sleeping in today on your flight.  Have a wonderful time!  Your new airport looks nice.  

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda good idea your tour guide had telling everyone to arrive back at the bus 30 minutes early and letting you all know the actual time would be 30 minutes later.  Did the couple ever catch on?  When my late sister was first married and had several toddlers she would always be late for Sunday dinner at our parent's house.  So we just told her dinner was 30 minutes earlier than planned.  It worked great!

@AncientWandererMaxine thank you for telling us of your experience in Christchurch, taking the City Line tour bus from Akaroa. I love visiting botanical gardens.  I love the 4 am bathroom visit meme.  If I woke up at 4 am I would just stay awake since I would normally get out of bed within the hour to begin the Daily and then do the treadmill.  Actually I'd be thrilled to sleep from 10 pm to 4 am.  Maybe I'll try the Benadryl route Sharon mentioned.

@TiogaCruiser Laura,I love your creativity with the flowers.  This event should be outstanding.

@Safety SquirrelEdna, thank you for your discussion of the Churchill tour.  We love learning new things.

@rafinmdRoy, thanks for the photos from Christchurch.  I hope the foot continues to go down in swelling.

@Seasick Sailorthanks for the reminder about Honolulu instead of Kauai today.  I simply forgot to note that today.  Nawiliwili is difficult on a good day.   Are you leaving for Fanning Island, Kiribati Wednesday?  Arriving March 4?  Also thanks for the sleep advice.  

@luvteachingKaren, it's good to hear your DH is doing well lately and will be home soon.  It's better to be safe than sorry with driving on slippery roads. 

@Cruising-alongCarolyn, good luck with all your medical appointments.  And I do feel like a lump tonight.  Sweet dreams to you tonight!

@NextOneEdi, glad to hear your new X-rays and tests look good!  But I hope there won't be a need for a heart valve replacement.  My Mom had two replaced with pig valves in the late 1990's.  I don't know if they still use those these days.  While we were out today we saw blooming trees of all colors and kinds.  Spring is showing up early, so we'd better watch out for the unexpected March or April snow.

@Sharon in AZSharon it's too bad you've been experiencing heartburn and stomach problems lately.  Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you.

@lazey1Jane, what a terrible month you've had!  I'm so sorry you have to go through so many procedures and appointments to get some answers.  Also I hate to hear of the congestive heart failure diagnosis.  Thankfully the medications seem to be helping.  After hearing this I am going to try not to complain about losing sleep even if it does make me feel crummy.  We should always try to look on the bright side of things.  Prayers for you that things improve for you very soon, and good luck with all the doctor visits.

Well sorry this took so long to finish.  Dinner was in the middle there, too, so it couldn't be helped.  I don't like not being able to read and keep up with the Daily all day long.  This one time reply at the end of the day is for the birds!  Now I know how @erewhonfeels.  Well, see you all in the morning.  I have 9 hours to relax and wind down!

And there you go with all the time and work on this post which is a recipe for no sleep! ❤️ Thanks for all your loyalty and contributions to the Daily.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Our afternoon turned out to be longer than expected.  After leaving later than expected, it took longer at W-M than expected, but not because of installing a new battery.  The battery was borderline, but with only two people working in the shop, it would take awhile to get to us.  The things I needed were all over the store, and it took a while to find everything.

Hopefully, we can get the battery installed when we are back the county seat tomorrow for DH's 4 month post op check up.  We're not expecting surprises.

8 hours ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon!  

The sun is out and it is 40F here, so some of yesterday's snow is melting. That is a good thing.  If we get more, there is no place to put it.

Here is the dining table with all the matching chairs.  Grandma's old kitchen chairs have now been retired.  

IMG_2141.thumb.jpg.06eac8bb0d21cc74b0b28e98066a68f4.jpg

Debbie, the dining room looks so comfortable and ready for some fun meals with your family.

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon!  I had a mammogram and x-ray appointment this morning that seemed to take forever.  Something I ate in the past few days is wrecking havoc with my stomach and giving me heartburn and stomach aches.  I feel your pain Terri @Cruzin Terri.  I know it wasn't the Cincinnati Chili because it happened after that.  Probably the Wild Wings hamburger and onion rings we had yesterday.  I'm sure my Otezla med isn't helping the issue.  Even though I slept better last night I am exhausted.  Catching up on sleep seems to be a bigger problem after multiple days of bad sleep.  No way I will sleep in public, however I did have to after a very long flight with a very long layover from Europe once.

Happy Anniversary!!

OMG Bruce!  the cartoon of the man with the nurse and the stick is so Craig!  I forwarded it on to him and he groaned.

Safe Travels!

Your flowers are beautiful!

Joy, Craig takes those same gummies and really likes them.  He still has trouble with waking up but I still think he sleeps better than me.  I've tried them and they don't seem to work for me.  I use Benedryl which seems to help and even my PCP recommended.

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, I hope your tummy issues clear soon, and that you can get some rest.  I  hope the mammogram and x-ray are normal.

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Back from the Podiatrist with no earth shaking revelations.  He did make some suggestions for self care and wants to see me again in 2 weeks.  He did think the swelling looked a bit better than last week and has suggested elevation, epsom soaks, and probably a change from cream antibiotic to liquid or spray.

Roy

Roy, good news that the doctor thought the swelling looked better, and I hope the suggested and prescribed meds help lessen the swelling.

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well, this turned out to be an even busier day than I anticipated.  I arrived at the doctor's office (where the lab was) 10 minutes before opening and I was 4th in line to get in.  It took about 20 to 25 minutes for them to get to me.  Unfortunately, for the first time ever my excellent veins weren't cooperating.  She wasn't getting enough blood to fill the tubes so she had to stick me in each arm!  We decided it was because I had drunk only about 8 oz. of water beforehand and my exercise may have caused me to be dehyrdrated.  I take an 8 oz. bottle of water down to the treadmill each morning, then eat breakfast which usually has O.J. and milk included.  Next time I go to get blood drawn I will drink a lot more water even if I haven't exercised beforehand.  I've never had to have both arms stuck to get all the blood needed and don't intend to repeat that!

Following the lab we went to Kroger for groceries and gas, and headed home where I was able to have a snack of yogurt and banana along with lots to drink.  Feeling refreshed I decided to go to the gym for some weight resistance, so I walked the short distance there and back.  Unfortunately with our temps in the high 70's today, that wasn't as much fun as 6 or 7 am walking!  It was hot!🥵  And yes, I had water with me. After lunch we decided we needed some items from Sam's Club so drove there and got the items plus some meats.  Then it was nap time!  I did get a little sleep at that point though right in the middle I woke myself up with some of my chronic coughing.  So here I am finally trying to catch up on the Daily!  I shall return later with more posting once I see what everyone else did today.

Sandi, ouch about so many pokes to find a good vein.   We actually left the missing couple at the museum.  It was while we were waiting for them that the driver told us what he did with chronically late couple on a multi-day tour.  IIRC, by telling the couple one time and the rest of his passengers a later time, everyone arrived at the bus at the correct time.  I hope you sleep better tonight.

4 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I got rerouted through Detroit. I guess go north than south. KC airport very festive and a smell of BBQ permeated the air. I do not like BBQ so not for me. Delta gave out free cookies. That made me happy. 

A4141417-D318-49D8-AD13-E2122F14EBD0.jpeg

86BFB868-89C8-45C7-8454-ED14CA1E3EB6.jpeg

The new airport looks nice.  Sorry about the roundabout way to LV.

3 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Good afternoon everyone. I have not posted for awhile as I have not felt well but I have been reading everyday. Prayers for those who need them, whether they know they need them or not and shout outs for those who we can celebrate. I am an animal lover, particularly cats and I cried for all the fur babies that have crossed the rainbow bridge recently.

This has not been a good month for me and I am very thankful that it is almost done. I have been to the cardiology office 3 times this month, seen by 3 different PA's, had 2 blood draws, a Sinus CT Scan, a Chest  Enhanced CT Scan, a lower extremity arterial US, and a  lower extremity vein US. Tomorrow I will have a Chemical Nuclear Stress Test and that will finish the testing at least until I go back to the PA for results on March 15. Of course every test was scheduled for a different day. So far I have only been notified of the results of one blood test which indicated congestive heart failure. After getting 4 new Rx I am breathing easier, the swelling in my legs and feet has gone down and the fatigue is not as bad. Before I return to cardiology I will see my pulmonologist on March 6 and gastro-enterologist on March 7. I will finally been seen by my newly assigned Cardiologist on March 28th. (My previous cardiologist left the practice in June).  Ok, rant over.

Thank you to all who have posted photos of today's and of all the daily destinations.  The meal today looks so good and the wine sounds great.

Jane

Jane, I'm sorry you have been feeling bad the past month.  I'm glad the new medicines are helping, and I hope you continue to feel better.  🤞 that March is a much better month.  Don't forget "rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit" in the morning.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just can’t do it.  

No wonder I can’t sleep.

Terri

Terri, I'm so sorry your DH is beginning to have some prolems in addition to dealing with the issues arising from the flood.   Sending you our best wishes and positive thoughts as you navigate both these problems.  ((((((HUGS))))).

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

All this for one day?

I found it interesting that Cruise Critic would not let me register as Classy Chassis. I guess becuase there is a forbidden three letter word embedded within - two of them in my case. Very silly. But I will press on as is.

🙃

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I guess at this point you are all realizing that DH is starting to have some problems and I am handling everything alone. I really need some prayers.  Have been hesitant to say anything...

@Cruzin Terri I've been dealing with what you are now facing and I fully understand how difficult, tiring, and stressful it is even though we love our DHs deeply. I'm glad you decided to tell us. I found that 'saying it out loud' was a turning point for me as admitting "I can't do it all, I can't do it alone" felt like I had lifted a burden off my shoulders. I send my prayers, my hugs, and my camaraderie. Lean on us,

-Melisa

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, cl8ssy ch8ssis said:

All this for one day?

I found it interesting that Cruise Critic would not let me register as Classy Chassis. I guess becuase there is a forbidden three letter word embedded within - two of them in my case. Very silly. But I will press on as is.

🙃

Welcome to CC and to the Fleet/Daily. We are a very welcoming and supportive bunch.  I hope to see you here often.

7 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

@Cruzin Terri I've been dealing with what you are now facing and I fully understand how difficult, tiring, and stressful it is even though we love our DHs deeply. I'm glad you decided to tell us. I found that 'saying it out loud' was a turning point for me as admitting "I can't do it all, I can't do it alone" felt like I had lifted a burden off my shoulders. I send my prayers, my hugs, and my camaraderie. Lean on us,

-Melisa

Melisa, very well said, and much better than I managed.  ((((((HUGS)))))) to you too.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you are feeling better quickly Sharon from the stomach pains and heartburn you have this morning.

Hopefully a few antacid tablets will help.

Graham.

Thank you Graham and also to all who wished me well. I feel much better after an antacid and having a really good nap. 

4 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Jane, I am so sorry you have had so many tests and haven’t felt well.  It sounds like you are improving. I’m praying for you. I can’t wait to see you in May on the second segment of my cruise. 

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just can’t do it.  

No wonder I can’t sleep.

Terri

Terri, you are strong to share this with us. Prayers for you and your DH. 

35 minutes ago, cl8ssy ch8ssis said:

All this for one day?

🙃

Welcome to the Daily!

Edi @NextOne, thinking of you and prayers. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Your 😄 (Ha Ha) reaction in #88 puzzles me. I hadn't meant to be anything but serious and sympathetic. I'm not offended by your 😄 -- just puzzled about what seemed funny,

-Melisa 

Melisa, I didn't mean it to be funny, but tapped the wrong reaction on the tablet.  It has now been changed to like.  Thank you for pointing my error out to me since I hadn't noticed my mistake.

I am totally sympathetic to the situation both you and Terri @Cruzin Terri  find yourselves dealing with.  It could happen to anyone of us.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I am totally sympathetic to the situation...

@Quartzsite Cruiser YES, Lenda, you are always so supportive and your words of encouragement are always heartfelt. Knowing the emoji was in error solves my puzzlement. 

(And, I've also now seen your post #89 that hadn't posted when I asked my post #90 question.)

Thanks,

-Melisa

Edited by HAL Sailer
typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Something interesting I found last night and this morning on Zuiderdam's TVs.

One thing I always wanted on the ships was a sleep timer. I could never find one. Turns out, at least on Zuiderdam, there is one. On broadcast channels hit the right arrow on the remote and it brings up a 15/30/60 minute sleep timer.

If you are watching a movie, hit the down arrow on the remote, followed by the right arrow and you can select a time or shut off at the end of the movie.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

@Cruzin TerriSorry that the stress of all this is taking its toll. And you are so right to get the table put together by someone else. There comes a time when we all have to say "enough" and "help". Cyber hugs on the way. If you can, slow down..... everything does not have to be done at once.

Susan

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Will be thinking of you, Jane, as you finish up tests tomorrow.  I’m really sorry to hear you’ve been going through all this.   What a month you’ve had.  Just enduring all the tests would be quite a physical strain.  Thanks for sharing your situation.  Prayers are with you.

Maxine

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

You do such a fantastic job of keeping this going and providing thoughtful responses to everyone, just keep doing what works best for you! And 3 months in to raising our now 7 month old terrier rescue pup, I hope for your DD and DSIL that it works out.  It’s so fulfilling but also a full time job! Bailey says hi to the Daily.  She graduates her six week beginner training tomorrow! image.thumb.jpeg.c0658c4b9174224355fbc63ecc942833.jpeg

Edited by Kurtybee123
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Perfect timing! We'll be in Lyttelton tomorrow and there seems to be quite a bit of public sleeping on board the Noordam right now. Even better is the wi-fi seems to be working well. Weather has been a bit cool but warmed up today and tomorrow should be even warmer. So far, a great cruise.

(I first posted this on the wrong page. I went to the link for the 2022 photos and posted there-dumb!)

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Perfect timing! We'll be in Lyttelton tomorrow and there seems to be quite a bit of public sleeping on board the Noordam right now. Even better is the wi-fi seems to be working well. Weather has been a bit cool but warmed up today and tomorrow should be even warmer. So far, a great cruise.

(I first posted this on the wrong page. I went to the link for the 2022 photos and posted there-dumb!)

@SusieKIslandGirl  did you do an excursion in Picton?

• Like 4