The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 31st, 2023

richwmn

Good Morning Everyone,  thanks for today's daily fleet report.  It's another beautiful day here.  Tomorrow promises to get close to 90F, I hope they are wrong.  My work day ends at 1 today so I'm planning on more weeding.

More Sydney souvenirs. 

20230530_142338.thumb.jpg.b81319207c023dd38c37f760b232163b.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

@superomaThank you for continuing the LISTS with all that you were going through.  

@JazzyV Welcome home, you can take me off the list for the leg cramps and take my DH off for the nose issues.  He has some tests coming up, if the cancer is back, then put him back on the list for sure. (He always says he thanks you all for his prayers)  So please add him on for Covid, as we both are now suffering.

Fawn and her feral friends have all disappeared as of Monday night.  I heard an animal screeching, thinking it was the fox, and walked to the front yard.  Fawn followed me out there, but would not come to the back yard with me when I went in, and that was the last I saw of her.  Bubbles and Uggles have not been seen since that evening either.  There is a black and white cat that comes by late at night for snacks, and I saw him/her? yesterday in the back 40 (seriously wooded area that needs to be cleaned out) and I have seen the rascally raccoon, but the outdoor fur babies have all disappeared.  I hope they are not locked in our neighbors garage.

I went down for a nap yesterday, woke up at 8, remembered it was Tuesday and walked the neighbors dog again (her mom plays pool on Tuesdays) and went back to bed at 11:30, slept until 8, and think I will still call out today from work as it turns out that those naps seem to help...

Welcome to a wonderful group @MrSnuffleupagus !

I am trying to self isolate, but I have to pay a bill in person today.  I will mask up, and go around lunch time, so I can do a drive thru for some kind of food.

It did rain here this morning, and the sky is gray, and the temps cool.  I still woke up sweating...

• Like 27

Good morning, all! @richwmn Rich, thank you for the Daily! It’s good to be back again, although I miss the sunrise coffee group on the back of the Lido. 
It’s chilly out this morning. By this time next week we’ll be in another heat wave, so I’ll enjoy the sweater weather while I can. Our TA called yesterday. HAL has finally acknowledged our quarantine FCC, and it has appeared on our Mariner Accounts.

We visited Tenerife this spring on the Grand World. It was beautiful, but my pictures aren’t at hand right now.

@JazzyV welcome home, and sorry to hear of your long ordeal. The flight home always seems to,be,the worst part of a good trip!

Happy Wednesday, everyone, and to our BHB’s wherever they may be!

• Like 28

Morning everyone. Not much on our agenda today as everything is pretty much done. It’s hurry up and wait time. Dinner at friends tonight and airplanes and airports tomorrow as we head too Barcelona for our June 3 embarkation on the Azamara Journey.

Thanks Rich for the Fleet Report and to our Daily contributors. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b97d74450dc0c41d2ead865e3e053722.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7752901bf6a802c481330c018de9543a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b00ff3dc92b170005e29fc5ba9242d1a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.79e285e10b1f4610396a2e23fbbec0d3.jpegimage.jpeg.77205a2f8b60ee094db8a6a313c78bb6.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 23

Thank you for the Fleet Report and to all who post on the Daily.

I love falafel and frequently order it at Greek restaurants.  I often buy Cloudy Bay Sauvignon, will have to try the Chardonnay.  

My DH has a hearing aid, unfortunately he rarely wears it.  This is my life..,IMG_7465.jpeg.47cafd7d7bc828964636ec8797a5a486.jpeg

IMG_7466.thumb.jpeg.06032bb0f542363ff1ba63a563ac70f4.jpeg

IMG_7467.jpeg.5589a4069cbdae9f8221a493d53a3c8c.jpeg

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 18
  • Haha 19

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I love macaroons, which are vastly different from macarons.  My mom used to make coconut macaroons which weren't teeth hurting sweet, but I'm not sure how she did it.  So far (knock on wood) DH and I both have good hearing - I'm not sure how many of the younger generation will be able to say the same at our ages.  It would be nice if tobacco would go away - it's so detrimental to people's health.  DH's daughter stopped smoking but took up vaping and she has a horrible cough, but still refuses to give it up.

It's going to be a hot one out there today, going up to +30C (86F), so we've got all the windows open to let the cool morning air into the house.  I figure we'll be able to close them in a couple of hours and will wait to see when we'll need to turn on the A/C.   I'll be heading out around 10 for a gel nail fill, but should turn it on before we leave, or the house will be quite warm by the time we return.

Thank you for your caring wishes for DH's cardiologist appointment yesterday - it was interesting.  After checking his vitals, he was put on the treadmill (I was able to be with him the entire time), and although they raised the speed and incline, he didn't have any angina.  Yet, when he mows the lawn - behind a self-propelled lawn mower that requires no pushing - he does, go figure!  He's going to be scheduled for another angiogram to see if any of the grafts have closed and if they have, they'll insert stents.  On the other hand, if the grafts from the sextuple bypass he had 25 years ago are still open, there's nothing that can be done except for him to use nitro spray in addition to the patch he's using now.   Because the angiogram is elective, it'll be at least 4 to 6 weeks until it's scheduled, so it seems there's nothing to worry about.

@Horizon chaser 1957 a belated Happy Anniversary to you; wishing you many more years of love, laughter and travel!

@MrSnuffleupagus welcome - I loved Aloysius Snuffleupagus when I watched Sesame Street with our little boy!!!

@marshhawk I'm sorry to hear your DH is now in the Covid group; do rest as much as you can, as it does help.

@superoma what a big job for you and your DS; so glad the niece was able to assist you in your tasks.

@0106 thanks for the great job you did, filling in for @dfish and @StLouisCruisers for taking over from @richwmn !!

@Vict0riann Happy Birthday to your DH!

@smitty34877 sending good thoughts for your DH's surgery today.

I'm going to take a pass on the drink of the day (I'd like it without the bourbon), the wine, and the menu suggestion.  This afternoon I'm going to put a couple of chicken breasts into the air fryer on the deck, cook them up, cool and chop them and they'll be served in a chicken Caesar salad that we'll enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who need them, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Eva, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

@dfish Debbie, glad to see you back "working", and @0106 Tina, thanks again for filling in.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all of you!

Is the port of call to day where you can ride camels. I tried this several years ago and it was not too exciting for me. Maybe it would have been better if I was RedneckBob of Arabia. 😀

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Not much on our agenda today as everything is pretty much done. It’s hurry up and wait time. Dinner at friends tonight and airplanes and airports tomorrow as we head too Barcelona for our June 3 embarkation on the Azamara Journey.

Safe travels, and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 19

Good morning from a sunny and mostly calm central Texas.  It is already 72F and heading toward a high of 87F.  Yesterday afternoon, it rained in town, but not out where we live.  Otherwise, no rain is predicted until Saturday.

I am not fond of macaroons and I also wish we could get rid of tobacco and vaping.  I am one who has a hearing loss like my father.  I do wear hearing aids, and they are called aids for a reason.  They help but are not perfect.

I like the quote by Sai Baba.

We'll pass on the meal (chickpeas), drink and wine.

We have been to Santa Cruz de Tenerife twice.  I'll repost my pictures in a few minutes.

@MrSnuffleupagus  Welcome to CC and the Fleet/Daily.  I hope you will join us often as we are a friendly, welcoming, caring group.

@superoma  Eva, thank you again for taking care of the lists while Vanessa was traveling.  I'm glad you had help from your niece with clearing out your father's house.

@ocean sounds  Thank you for the update about the teen's body being found.  Our condolences to his family and friends on such a sad loss.

@kazu  Jacqui, you are truly blessed with wonderful neighbors.  

@cruising sister  Lorraine, I know Molly is glad to be home.  Thank you for taking us along on your cruise.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I hope you find your DH's tonometer is just reading high and needs to be calibrated.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad your new fan keep you comfortable last night.

@Nickelpenny  Safe travels tomorrow, Penny.  That is a long drive from Tucson to Abilene, and part of the drive to Quartzsite.  I was curious how far it is between the two cities, so I looked it up on Google Maps.  I'm sure you are aware of the road closures on I-20 in the Midland-Odessa area.  They should be easier to navigate in a car as opposed to our 40ft. motorhome..  BTW, I grew up in Abilene.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm sorry Chuck also tested positive.  Rest seems to be the best "cure" for Covid.  I hope the feral cats are okay and will return soon.

@Horizon chaser 1957  I'm glad your quarantine FCC have appeared on your Mariner Accounts.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I hope you have a safe flight tomorrow without all the problems others have experienced.  

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm glad your DH had a good outcome with the stress test yesterday.  I hope the upcoming angiogram gives you both some good answers.  Maybe the solution is getting a lawn service to do the mowing.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope your DH's surgery goes well and that he has a quick recovery.

@Vict0riann  Ann, please wish Pat a very happy birthday from both of us.  We hope to see you on another BHB in the future.

HBBalloons.jpg.81d8eb444b4909d0bcd2c4fb4bec675b.jpg

350119997_917922812843260_1602706656249065743_n(1).thumb.jpg.3641501f6335caab1756a5dbcc017dbe.jpg

343061255_621301399520255_7912892306515185209_n.jpg.659062c5adcdd9f19c75992d73c4f331.jpg

349648103_1303776987157359_7076685256251538308_n.jpg.93db2c9cbe8f9ed2116ef02b3fc1cd2d.jpg

349305966_1313261979616081_4203869161821358918_n.jpg.e1eac32aea7c72155c33df5be51a5588.jpg

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

We have been to Tenerife twice.  The first time was in 2000 on the P&O Oriana' on their world cruise.  The last time was in 2009 on the Tahitian Princess.  Both times we rented cars and drove around the island.  The mountain in 2000 was shrouded in clouds, so we did not drive to the top.  In 2009, it was clear, so we were able to drive up there and take the gondola to the top.

I'll start with the sun rise that greeted us in 2000 as we sailed into port and the view from the ship when we docked.  (We got up a lot earlier in those days.)

P3310785.thumb.JPG.f68ff76378d248c820b9495f157b61dd.JPG

P4010786.thumb.JPG.9be1e89683a437557323bd4843736b89.JPG

This also from our 2000 visit.  It is another view of the church @StLouisCruisers posted.

P4010788.thumb.JPG.443a2a9e961f0b75804caa0eb2dbe9fd.JPG

This is a different view of the Auditorio de Tenerife which was taken in 2009.  

IMG_7355.thumb.JPG.8cd6c8abec5c0c7c779e917d08ec346e.JPG

The gondola we took to the mountain top, and looking down into the crater.  The area around the mountain looked like a moonscape.

IMG_7290.thumb.JPG.ed9daacd8407aeb1f048ee9281d873be.JPG

IMG_7292.thumb.JPG.5ac9ff07145f2690af9c629361234893.JPG

I thought this statue was interesting.

IMG_7340.thumb.JPG.ba31b101943714431ee5e5839a1f7986.JPG

What would a visit to a Spanish island be like without a picture of the bull ring?

IMG_7341.thumb.JPG.25881088d3276d84d52c38f264b24959.JPG

And finally, the view from our ship as we sailed.

IMG_7358.thumb.JPG.27a915e99325670c1924ea049596041b.JPG

Lenda

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, superoma said:

Wednesday May 31 care and celebration list

57redbird’s cousin with gioplastoma, prayers for peaceful passing and family comfort

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Heartgrove concerned for Sam

NextOne with new afib concerns

St. Louis cruisers with a health scare

Marshhawk with Covid after cruise

Smitty34877 DH’s surgery May 31

Texas Teen overboard and still missing

Wildfire and tornado victims

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

From the rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds

Marshhawk ‘s leg and feet cramps

Marshhawk’s dh with continuing nose issues 

Grapau27 needing hip surgery for arthritis

Celebrations

Tana, celebrating small wellness victories as they

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

Cruising-along good nephrologist appointment 

Luvteaching’s dh making good progress 

Dailyites pitching in with port information for cruzin terri

Celebrating our great group of people on this thread!

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

4 days for Suslor (eurodam June 3 to 10)

Oceansaway17 (Disney fantasy  to June 3)

DeniseT (n. Amsterdam to June 4)

For now you can put my prayer request on the rotation list - he could have 3-6 months & it's a glioblastoma.   Thank you all again!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, Dailyites!  Thanks for all the news and info, and for the Happy Birthdays for Pat.  He is feeling so much better, we are all very relieved.  We had a tea party (at the golf club) on Sunday for 37 people to celebrate his birthday, our 60 1/2 anniversary (60 delayed from last November when DD couldn't be here) and to meet DD's boyfriend.   Then last night we had a dinner here for 8, so I have been struggling with this headache, and to get things done, the hardest thing to do is think!  I would much rather be muddling around in the garden than entertaining.  Yesterday we went to Butchart's as well, the bulbs are all over, but there are masses of stocks, and a lot of the rhodies are still blooming.  But my dahlias are bigger than theirs...

Welcome to CC and to the Daily, @MrSnuffleupagus,  I hope you are enjoying all the good things on Cruise Critic!    And @marshhawk, I'm sorry to hear your DH now has covid, I managed to share with Pat as well, when I got it.  At least I felt when we got over it that we were both protected for a while.   Happy Belated Birthday, Jacqui!  One of our lovely neighbours has brought a cake over for Pat, too.  It's great to have people like that around.

We were in Santa Cruz on the Maasdam on the Atlantic Adventurer and had a very interesting day.  We visited Agatha Christie's home, saw a giant dragon tree and went through the volcanic Parque del Teide, which has very dramatic scenery.

Agatha Christie's home

P1070388.thumb.JPG.798a3fd154ef256eba96829132de5a4f.JPG

Dragon tree

P1070282.thumb.JPG.54a012e8af77d098989a5e9dda3ef492.JPG

In the park

P1070295.thumb.JPG.c58ef174f163ecf4d0abfe7a26b32175.JPG

P1070310.thumb.JPG.ad45f4579f2299ef1041b55102f5205b.JPG

P1070427.thumb.JPG.db3140ff56ecf63bec42475ac8e314f5.JPG

But the big event was the next day in Las Palmas, we were able to visit Pat's father's niche in the cemetery there.

P1070438.thumb.JPG.eb22548fb188ef367b6053e1fa50f355.JPG

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet Report. 

We docked in Skagway at about 5 am I believe. 

We have three other ships in port with us. All aboard time is 8:30 pm. Going to explore the town. 

Thinking of you all. 

have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

I need to be sure whether we're talking about classic macaroons (French macaron) or Jewish macaroons, which are made of coconut and typical for Passover even though I'm not sure that anyone likes them. As for No Tobacco Day, news reported today is that Sweden is close to being smoke-free: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/sweden-close-becoming-smoke-free-country-europe-daily-99718289.

It is difficult to make good falafel, because of the frying. In the hands of a non-expert, sometimes the outside is burned, sometimes the inside is raw, and sometimes both are the case. I could tolerate the drink but probably wouldn't order it. The wine would be OK, but I have no idea whether it's obtainable or affordable. I haven't been to Tenerife.

Months ago I thoughtlessly submitted a conference proposal. Now it has been accepted and I have to figure out what to do in the session.

AgeofAsparagus.jpeg.71b81642ae91a5aac1c0a3c35e01c187.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 11

Slight change in plans for tonight. Dear friends called and cancelled tonight’s dinner as the wife has come down with a horrible cold. We really appreciate them letting us know as being exposed to someone with that bad a cold is not the way to start a trip of any kind.

So it will be dinner out.

Enjoyed the pictures of today’s port of call. Visited there a few years ago. Beautiful place. 
Bruce

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Ann @Vict0riann please wish Pat a very happy birthday from me.  I'm glad you got to do all the celebrations, but so sorry to hear you still have headache problems.  Love your photos too.

Annie @marshhawk how unfortunate Chuck has come down with Covid too.  Both of you take care!  The sleep is so important.

Enjoy your time in Skagway today Denise @Denise T.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for showing your Tenerife photos as well.

Bon Voyage Bruce @aliaschief and @DWAliaschief!!  Good idea not to expose yourself to sickness before a cruise.  I'm glad your friends were thoughtful enough to tell you about that cold beforehand.

• Like 23

Good morning all!

Today is supposed to be our last cool and cloudy day for awhile, then it will be sun and warmer temps for awhile. 

I've never been a fan of macaroons, wish everyone could be tobacco-free, and my DH is just like Tina's DH about hearing. 😂  I like the quote, will pass on the meal (deep frying gives me heartburn and I don't have an air fryer), and pass on the drink.  I've had Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc but never the Chardonnay.  Since it's Marlborough, I know I'd like it.  Have never been to the Canary Islands.  Thanks for all the great photos!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Daily @MrSnuffleupagus!  I love your CC name. 🙂  

@ocean sounds Prayers for the teen's family and friends.  How very, very sad.

@Vict0riann Happy Birthday to Pat!

@smitty34877Prayers for your DH's surgery today.

@ger_77 Good that your DH's stress test had a good outcome.

Today I hope to find and plant a Clematis to compliment the one I have on the arbor now.  The one I had was sacrificed when the old arbor went down.  I want to find something that will look good with the Jackmanii that is on one side.  

I hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2