What cruise ship have you sailed on the most?

Honolulu Blue

Hi everyone.  I thought it would be interesting to find out how many times you've sailed on a particular cruise ship.

Here's my story.  I have sailed four times on the Celebrity Summit.  In 2017, I chose this ship as it was sailing a nice itinerary (IMHO) out of sunny San Juan at a nice price.  I liked the cabin and the rest of the ship, and we even had a rock star of a captain.  Fast forward four years.  We were taking baby steps toward a cruising restart and the Summit was sailing out of Miami then.  It had been extensively renovated and I really liked what they did to it.  The itinerary was meh (Cozumel and Costa Maya, didn't bother getting off the ship), but the price was definitely right.  Another good time was had.  The other two sailings on the Summit were music charter cruises.  Those were awesome times, and the Summit crew did their part in making sure it was so.  I have another music charter on the Summit next year.  I bet I'm going to have a great time on that one too, right @GeorgeC😛

My other Celebrity sailing, BTW, was on the Summit's twin sister, the Millennium.

Sorry for rambling.  I just wanted to tell my story.  What's yours?  Thanks for sharing! 👍

• Like 1

I'll play

We have done  6 on Oceania  Regatta  followed by 4 on Marina  3 on Insignia  see a pattern

We like the little R ships

We do not need all the bells & whistles of  the big  floating cities

We just like  the itineraries  I guess the quiet  of the smaller ships

we like  small unique ships  as well so will take  those over the mass market  lines when we see  one we like

Music  charters  are a whole other world  everyone is there for the same reason  

to have fun & see the performers  on those  itinerary is secondary

Enjoy whatever cruise you chose

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I'll play

We have done  6 on Oceania  Regatta  followed by 4 on Marina  3 on Insignia  see a pattern

We like the little R ships

We do not need all the bells & whistles of  the big  floating cities

We just like  the itineraries  I guess the quiet  of the smaller ships

we like  small unique ships  as well so will take  those over the mass market  lines when we see  one we like

Music  charters  are a whole other world  everyone is there for the same reason  

to have fun & see the performers  on those  itinerary is secondary

Enjoy whatever cruise you chose

Thanks for playing.

Yes, I think I see the pattern.  🙂

I really liked your last two paragraphs.  I agree entirely and have nothing to add. 👍

• Thanks 1

Out of 12 cruises on 3 lines, 2 on Enchanted Princess. I prefer the smaller ships, but I go for itinerary foremost; Enchanted Princess was going where I wanted to go.

We've only sailed mass market, and am now currently looking at more upscale lines, again because of itinerary

Edited by mammajamma2013
Additional comment
  • Thanks 1

Back when HAL was a superior line (but more important when they offered the itineraries I wanted)  I tended to favor them;

3 on Noordam - 2 when she sailed round trip in the winter from Manhattan to the Caribbean, and one from Rome to Fort Lauderdale, coming home from travel in Italy;   also 3 on Zuiderdam - one from Fort Lauderdale to the Eastern Caribbean, one from Fort Lauderdale to the Panama Canal, and one from Quebec to New York.

The winner was 7 on QM2 - 6 trans-Atlantics coming home from the UK and one from Brooklyn to the Caribbean over Christmas/New Years (sadly depressing).

Now looking at multiple sailings on Oceania ships - because they offer what cruising is meant to be - but no longer is on the mass market, bloated  Walmarts of the Sea.

• Thanks 1

We haven't cruised on any one ship many times, but several Princess ships twice, as well as a couple of the S class of Celebrity, the NCL Getaway and the Navigator of the Seas, all twice.

Itinerary is the most important for us, followed by price.  We've never been on a ship we hated, although our one cruise on Holland America was our least liked.

• Thanks 1

We rarely repeat a ship as it happens not by any plan.  We like to sail different itineraries every time and that means a different ship.  I repeated the old Norwegian Star? twice maybe three times and the HAL Zaandam 2 or 3 times. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Hi everyone.  I thought it would be interesting to find out how many times you've sailed on a particular cruise ship.

We're more interested in itinerary/price in selecting a cruise than getting a specific ship.

That said, most of our cruises have been on DCL, and we've been on the Magic, Wonder, Dream & Fantasy.  The Wonder being the ship we've been on for the most cruises (5).  Not really a fair comparison, since we like DCL and they have so many fewer ships than the other cruise lines.

We've also cruised on HAL, Princess, and Carnival.

• Thanks 1

While our last time on Crown Princess was quite a while ago, I think we have done more cruises on her than any other ship.   We didn't seek this particular ship.  It just worked out that way.   

• Thanks 1

Love a good league table

1. Celebrity Beyond 1 cruise 11 nights

2. Celebrity Reflection 1 cruise 10 nights

3. Celebrity Edge 1 Cruise 7 nights

4. Disney Wonder(I think) 1 cruise 6 nights.

I honestly cant remember which Disney cruise ship i was on but it was February 2002.

So Celebrity Beyond wins on goal difference.

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2023 at 6:34 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

Here's my story.  I have sailed four times on the Celebrity Summit.  In 2017, I chose this ship as it was sailing a nice itinerary (IMHO) out of sunny San Juan at a nice price.  I liked the cabin and the rest of the ship, and we even had a rock star of a captain.  Fast forward four years.  We were taking baby steps toward a cruising restart and the Summit was sailing out of Miami then.  It had been extensively renovated and I really liked what they did to it.  The itinerary was meh (Cozumel and Costa Maya, didn't bother getting off the ship), but the price was definitely right.  Another good time was had.  The other two sailings on the Summit were music charter cruises.  Those were awesome times, and the Summit crew did their part in making sure it was so.  I have another music charter on the Summit next year.  I bet I'm going to have a great time on that one too, right @GeorgeC😛

My other Celebrity sailing, BTW, was on the Summit's twin sister, the Millennium.

Sorry for rambling.  I just wanted to tell my story.  What's yours?  Thanks for sharing! 👍

Although we were also on the Summit four times ,for us it has been the Grandeur of the Seas. We booked 5 times and the exact same OV cabin.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Before it's retirement from Carnival's fleet, I sailed Ecstasy twice. I will be doing Paradise for the second time in January,  and Elation for the second time in March.  I love the smaller, older ships and want to sail them again before they are retired.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, whogo said:

We sailed on Holland America's Rotterdam VI three times, but spent the most days (46) on our two Prinsendam sailings. Both ships are gone from the fleet.

I sailed on this iteration of the Rotterdam, just once.  So far it's my only experience with HAL.