The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 24th, 2023

richwmn

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  When I think of iconic American restaurants Big Boy comes to mind.  We’ll see the results of Vesuvius’ handiwork next month in Pompeii.  Another strange song that I remember from the 70’s was Telephone Man by Meri Wilson. Think I’ll pass on the meal suggestion but the drink sounds tasty.  Love today’s quote.  I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those celebrating happy events today!

• Like 22

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We like restaurants, iconic or not.  While we've seen Mt. Vesuvius, we have a healthy respect for all volcanoes.  If you want strange music, you have to see this - the Vegetable Orchestra make their own instruments out of vegetables . . . 

DH was supposed to have his eyes checked yesterday but the clinic called to say the optometrist had a family emergency and postponed the appointment to Friday.  I did get my nails done though, and find it much easier to type without hitting a couple of keys at once.  

@smitty34877I'm sorry to hear that Lou doesn't want any more chemo, but he knows how hard it is on his system; hopefully there is something else that can help with his battle.  I'm sure this is almost as hard on you as it is on him.  Caregivers suffer along with those being cared for.

@marshhawkI hope you can get your work straightened out - at least you're not having to travel!  Sorry Chuck's having such a tough time; I do hope the pain and swelling are short lived and he's feeling better again soon.

Not much on our agenda today, just sorting through things, as I saw in yesterday's newspaper that September 9th will be a curbside swap day.  We were out of town the last time it occurred, so this time we want to be prepared.  I know there's an old exercise bike that hasn't been ridden in years that will find it's way out as well a few boxes of things DH used when he was making bird houses.

I'd like to try the drink of the day, am pretty sure I'd like the wine if I could afford it, and think if I made some modifications to today's menu suggestion, DH would enjoy it.  Because it's cool and rainy (seriously, it's beginning to look like fall with the ash trees starting to turn colour already), I know I've got a package of porcupine balls that will make their way into the oven to bake and we'll have them along with corn on the cob and a tossed salad in the kitchen tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning Daily-ites. 

104 today. Ugh.. then 105, 104, 104. So darn hot.

Annie I hope Chuck recovers quickly and you can get a decent job assignment. 

@smitty34877 I think you are one loving cookie for taking care of your family. I admire your strength. 

Sandi, welcome home. I hope you hear some good news on your DB and his friend. 

Prayers for all on our care list. 

Last night my girlfriend knocked on the door at 5:30 with a big pot of pasta, shrimp and homemade pesto. It smelled delicious. She didn't realize it was Wednesday and was prepared for our girls Thursday game night! So we put the pot in the fridge and I called some friends, had drinks and played games, then took Elvis for a ride while DH could watch the debates in peace..

Dixie I think I would try the drink of the day and Tina I like all 3 recipes. Ann when will we get a white wine review? My favorite is still pinot grigio Santa Marina.  Not to be confused with Santa Martina and Santa Margarita.

Today is my clean out the pantries day, wash the dogs beds and blankets, then prepare my caprese salad for girls night tonight. 

Wishing everyone a blessed day. Remember you are loved.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Good morning from a mostly sunny central Texas with a thin cloud layer.  It is 82F and feels like 86F.  The humidity was higher when I walked, but it's now 58% with a dew point of 66F.  We're expecting a high of 104F.  On the agenda today is a quick stop at the store and a very much needed hair cut.  I normally need to get it cut every three to four weeks, and it's been five weeks.  I'm not fond of my shaggy look.

I like iconic American Restaurants, and one of my favorites was Howard Johnson's.  I loved their fired clams and fudge ripple ice cream.  Vesuvius is awesome to see, but the potential destruction if it erupts is unthinkable.  There have been some strange songs over the years including The Witch Doctor, Yellow Polka Dot Bikini and Purple People Eater, to mention a few.

I totally agree with the Mark Twain quote.  While "book learning" is good, you learn a lot more from life.

I like tostadas, but prefer mine with meat and refried beans.  We'll pass on the drink, but I would like to try the wine except for the price.

We have been to Salvador de Bahia twice.  The first time was in 1999 on Noordam III in the pre-digital age.  The second time was in 2015 on Ruby Princess.  I'll repost my pictures in a few minutes.

Growing up in the Episcopal church, I'm very familiar with the Book of Common Prayer, but I still do not want any government to tell me what religious books to follow or what religion to follow.

@StLouisCruisers  Welcome home, Sandi, and welcome back to the real world.  I too like to completely un pack the day we get home if it's not too late, or early the next morning.

@cat shepard  Enjoy your day with friends.  The King Tut will be amazing.  We enjoyed seeing the pieces in the museum in Cairo.

@RedneckBob  They still play They're Coming to Take Me Away on Sirius radio sometimes.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad you and Sue made your connection along with the luggage.  Welcome back to reality.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm sorry @catmando Chuck is having such a rough time.  I hope the swelling and pain subside soon.  I also hope you get your work schedule straightened out.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm also sorry Lou has decided to forego more chemo, but after what you said he has been through with the first treatment, I can understand why.  I hope there is another treatment he can tolerate.  I admire the strength you show in caring for Lou and for Tana.  In some ways, being a caregiver is harder than being the patient.  Caregivers can see what their loved ones are going through, but are helpless when it comes to treatments.  Those must be decided by the patient and doctors.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, thank  you for your kind words last night.  I was too tired to respond then.  I have received so much caring support and friendship from this wonderful group, that I want others feel the same support and friendship.

347608520_667539182070059_8091269993288286115_n.jpg.9841a2039da033466ebfa2c0bed73802.jpg

350508025_290993756595964_5072664642452378222_n.jpg.2a00f3f152749216cf712376d7326669.jpg

351886614_653250566616265_4519366614933802843_n.jpg.5b664253b4900b0f664bd303b00451fe.jpg

354040392_255435593768465_6632591896671752186_n.jpg.a6c6711446777dc470973bcb8c0d3a99.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16

On our second stop in Salvador da Bahia, we found a three hour tour of the city in the terminal.  At the first stop, we found they had put us on the bus for the six hour tour.  We just quietly removed our different colored wrist bands and enjoyed the extended tour.  Not only did we see the sights of the upper city, we went around the bay to see a different area.

These are random pictures from our day, and I don't remeber exactly what some of them are.

A fort at the entrance to the bay.

DSC02256.thumb.JPG.bf5bb69202311419d3e60d30ecaeea64.JPG

Part of the fishing fleet

DSC02259.thumb.JPG.d7677df4d28e8e69a6d214125d41b3da.JPG

A market

DSC02260.thumb.JPG.4aa523114f13e796fa88ae86616ad331.JPG

DSC02263.thumb.JPG.7c4716f2fc1651a3c31063eaa979e761.JPG

A pretty beachDSC02271.thumb.JPG.9e4cce2207b687efc692c18280936e75.JPG

We saw several churches including these two.

DSC02272.thumb.JPG.a868440ca08fe9f9d649d7984a83b7a2.JPG

DSC02274.thumb.JPG.a6f631eb42b925699e0321436957e3b6.JPG

DSC02281.thumb.JPG.a0272a2761c92fe4268e8da6dfc8f406.JPG

A fort around the bay

DSC02299.thumb.JPG.79405766d10f5bd953ed018afbac111e.JPG

Looking at the upper level of town from the ship, showing the different ways to reach the upper level.

DSC02341.thumb.JPG.a1b156952e9a1a49e2409200e4a578df.JPG

DSC02331.thumb.JPG.652b794956b4d26e4115aac79415fbfe.JPG

A square in the upper level.

DSC02324.thumb.JPG.a40202b052c278b496e174be23fa0266.JPG

Carnival decorations

DSC02310.thumb.JPG.19f111b992dafd82e22cd22f53faeea2.JPG

Looking down to the lower level while waiting for the elevator with Ruby Princess in the back ground.

DSC02323.thumb.JPG.ad88d385e34ce2085080e2f84c6ffcaa.JPG

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is cloudy with showers predicted most of the day. It will only be 70. We have not been to the port but like the black bean recipes. I think I will try the second one for the family tonight. I am with Roy, @rafinmd, the separation of church and state is vital. Thanks to Graham @grapau27, for the explanation about the Book of Common Prayer. I was wondering why the Isle of Man was not included and will look that up later. 
Last night DH informed us that he will not resume chemotherapy. We had agreed prior to the start of it that he should not feel forced into treatment. I am of course, respecting his wishes but also want to hear what the doctors think.

Vanessa, @JazzyV, thank you for including Lou on the care list but he is on the mend slowly and could be taken off. We all appreciate the fine work you do keeping track of all of us. 
Tana’s aide was late today and I was a little nervous. Today  both DD and DSIL have to go into their offices for work and I am on my own here. I was so relieved to see her arrive a few minutes ago. The mornings are the most hectic part of the day for me.

Take care everyone.

The Isle of Man is independent and not part of the UK.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Green River cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Hornitos® Plata Tequila
2/3 parts Green Chartreuse Liqueur
1 part fresh Lime Juice
Lime Twist

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice, shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime twist.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 8.01.34 AM.png

This drink makes me green with envy. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

24 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a mostly sunny central Texas with a thin cloud layer.  It is 82F and feels like 86F.  The humidity was higher when I walked, but it's now 58% with a dew point of 66F.  We're expecting a high of 104F.  On the agenda today is a quick stop at the store and a very much needed hair cut.  I normally need to get it cut every three to four weeks, and it's been five weeks.  I'm not fond of my shaggy look.

I like iconic American Restaurants, and one of my favorites was Howard Johnson's.  I loved their fired clams and fudge ripple ice cream.  Vesuvius is awesome to see, but the potential destruction if it erupts is unthinkable.  There have been some strange songs over the years including The Witch Doctor, Yellow Polka Dot Bikini and Purple People Eater, to mention a few.

I totally agree with the Mark Twain quote.  While "book learning" is good, you learn a lot more from life.

I like tostadas, but prefer mine with meat and refried beans.  We'll pass on the drink, but I would like to try the wine except for the price.

We have been to Salvador de Bahia twice.  The first time was in 1999 on Noordam III in the pre-digital age.  The second time was in 2015 on Ruby Princess.  I'll repost my pictures in a few minutes.

Growing up in the Episcopal church, I'm very familiar with the Book of Common Prayer, but I still do not want any government to tell me what religious books to follow or what religion to follow.

@StLouisCruisers  Welcome home, Sandi, and welcome back to the real world.  I too like to completely un pack the day we get home if it's not too late, or early the next morning.

@cat shepard  Enjoy your day with friends.  The King Tut will be amazing.  We enjoyed seeing the pieces in the museum in Cairo.

@RedneckBob  They still play They're Coming to Take Me Away on Sirius radio sometimes.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad you and Sue made your connection along with the luggage.  Welcome back to reality.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm sorry @catmando Chuck is having such a rough time.  I hope the swelling and pain subside soon.  I also hope you get your work schedule straightened out.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm also sorry Lou has decided to forego more chemo, but after what you said he has been through with the first treatment, I can understand why.  I hope there is another treatment he can tolerate.  I admire the strength you show in caring for Lou and for Tana.  In some ways, being a caregiver is harder than being the patient.  Caregivers can see what their loved ones are going through, but are helpless when it comes to treatments.  Those must be decided by the patient and doctors.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, thank  you for your kind words last night.  I was too tired to respond then.  I have received so much caring support and friendship from this wonderful group, that I want others feel the same support and friendship.

347608520_667539182070059_8091269993288286115_n.jpg.9841a2039da033466ebfa2c0bed73802.jpg

350508025_290993756595964_5072664642452378222_n.jpg.2a00f3f152749216cf712376d7326669.jpg

351886614_653250566616265_4519366614933802843_n.jpg.5b664253b4900b0f664bd303b00451fe.jpg

354040392_255435593768465_6632591896671752186_n.jpg.a6c6711446777dc470973bcb8c0d3a99.jpg

Lenda

Two thumbs up or is it two tums up for fried clams but for me butter brickle ice cream at HJ.  Wow, never heard take me away on Sirius.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Two thumbs up or is it two tums up for fried clams but for me butter brickle ice cream at HJ.  Wow, never heard take me away on Sirius.

Heard it a couple of times last year on 60s Gold.  It's not played very often.  Maybe too many people think it's talking about them.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Heard it a couple of times last year on 60s Gold.  It's not played very often.  Maybe too many people think it's talking about them.

Lenda

Maybe I did hear it but did not want to hear it! 😳

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!

@catmando Has a swollen head, eyes shut, and in a lot of pain.  Well, the doc did say that it would get worse before it gets better.  He was in surgery for almost 3 hours, doc said, too many stitches to count.

So sorry Chuck is in so much pain.  I hope he can recover quickly and be pain free soon.  Poor him and poor you 😔 

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Last night DH informed us that he will not resume chemotherapy. We had agreed prior to the start of it that he should not feel forced into treatment. I am of course, respecting his wishes but also want to hear what the doctors think.

Oh dear.  I know how much chemo takes out of a person but I hope if the doctors recommend it, he reconsiders.  Hopefully they have an alternate treatment for him that will help 🙏 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Cool and clear right now but we had a pretty good rain last night. High will only be 73 today and more rain this afternoon (maybe). We can use it. Have been to Salvador twice and enjoyed city tours both times.

Little going on here. Just the same old, same old routine. I am very slow about getting things cleared. If I were moving I know I would and could move faster. @marshhawkSorry Chuck if so uncomfortable with the eye surgery... hope things improve quickly. And @smitty34877I hope Lou can find another treatment. I have had several friends go through Chemo and I know it takes a lot out of you.

Take care all... off to walk the dogs and try to get something done. I need to work on my Australian ETA which is a real pain.

Susan

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all!  Thanks for the daily and fleet reports. 

quick hello!  Had a busy morning and I am presently at my sub gig!  First 2 periods are free so I was reading. But they just called and I am going over to auto to sub for 2nd period. LOL!!

have a great day everyone!!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

Many of the iconic restaurants, like HoJo, are gone. Vesuvius has caused a lot of destruction over the years, especially Pompeii. What's strange music to me might not be to others. Good quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and wine ($$$). I haven't been to Salvador de Bahia. I grew up using the Book of Common Prayer in the Episcopal Church, but didn't know the back story. 

We had thunderstorms last night. Now it's really humid, with more thunderstorms today. Finally having a day at home, I am going to try to unearth my dining room table from all the "stuff" that's piled on it. Also do laundry. At least my severe itching from the bites is finally subsiding.

@0106 Thanks for the recipes.

@grapau27 Thanks for the information.

@StLouisCruisers Welcome home. Great photos. That Elevador is wild.

@cat shepard That visit to the King Tut Exhibition should be very interesting.

@dfish Welcome home. 

@marshhawk Thanks for the update on DH, and sorry to hear he's in a lot of pain. Hopefully that subsides soon. I hope Penny and her DH have quick recoveries; I'm considering going back to a mask at the grocery store and maybe at PT. I think it would be frustrating to have all these work changes.

@ottahand7 Nice photos.

@smitty34877 DH and you will do what's best for his quality of life, I'm sure. Perhaps there is a different treatment with less side effects. Prayers for DH, you and Tana for strength with all you are going through.

@ger_77 Wow on that vegetable orchestra.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lovely photos.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

Good morning all!

It will get up near 80 today, then heat up this weekend to the mid 80's (one last gasp of summer?) before cooling way down next week.

My favorite iconic American dinner near here is the 59er Diner near Leavenworth, WA. They have 20 kinds of milkshakes at last count, and cabins you can rent - each with a different theme.  A couple years ago we took the DGSs to stay in the Roy Rogers cabin.

On one Med cruise we took a tour to Vesuvius and were able to climb to the rim and look down at the steam.  It gave me chills seeing the power, especially after going to Pompeii and Herculaneum. 

Great examples of strange music today!  I've liked them all!  Good quote, will pass on the meal today (we just had Mexican food a couple days ago), and probably would like the drink but pass on the red wine. Never have been to Brazil, thank you Nancy @ottahand7 Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and Sandi @StLouisCruisers for your great photos.

Terry @smitty34877 I'm sorry Lou has decided to stop chemo, but do understand how he feels.  From what I've heard, the effects grow stronger with each treatment too.  I hope his doctor has a better alternative that works for him.

Ann @cat shepard I'm excited for you to see the King Tut exhibit!  You will be blown away.  We saw it when it was here in Seattle years ago, then again at the Cairo Museum.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers and Debbie @dfish Welcome home!!  Getting that luggage home too is a big deal (as Debbie knows, we haven't been so fortunate a few times).  And I know exactly what you mean about making that first cup of coffee, Debbie 😉  

Annie @marshhawk I'm sorry Chuck is in so much pain and hope he recovers quickly.  Also very sorry to hear about your friend Penny.  I'm wondering when we'll be able to get the vaccine for this new variant...

I want to thank all who gave their encouragement yesterday about DBIL's diagnosis.  I agree with all of you that it's very treatable if caught early.  Between this and my niece's MS recurrence, it's a lot for my sister right now (and she's more of a worrier even than I am) 😉  but the doctor told them the same you all did so it will be ok.  I'm waiting to hear what treatment they decide on.

59er Diner

59erDiner.jpg.0d9e8cd133a84a38e8d1665192887686.jpg

All the walls are covered with old photos etc.

interior59erdiner.thumb.jpg.87482cf8ecfaf2daf34ad628fc3cd710.jpg

And looking down into the Vesuvius crater

Vesuviussteam.jpg.e667f9e92e8f39cb8ed33c13106f8a85.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good day and thank you to all!  Great photos of the port  and food and bevies!  

Sending prayers and good wishes for both Lou and Chuck!  Surgery and treatments are so difficult.  It is terrifying and so difficult making these tough choices.    But hopefully after they’ve been made, everyone can find the peace and strength needed.  

big boy is alive and well in Japan! 
image.thumb.jpeg.94e036893dbc093b78d8a8944fccc73c.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

On our second stop in Salvador da Bahia, we found a three hour tour of the city in the terminal.  At the first stop, we found they had put us on the bus for the six hour tour.  We just quietly removed our different colored wrist bands and enjoyed the extended tour.  Not only did we see the sights of the upper city, we went around the bay to see a different area.

These are random pictures from our day, and I don't remeber exactly what some of them are.

A fort at the entrance to the bay.

DSC02256.thumb.JPG.bf5bb69202311419d3e60d30ecaeea64.JPG

Part of the fishing fleet

DSC02259.thumb.JPG.d7677df4d28e8e69a6d214125d41b3da.JPG

A market

DSC02260.thumb.JPG.4aa523114f13e796fa88ae86616ad331.JPG

DSC02263.thumb.JPG.7c4716f2fc1651a3c31063eaa979e761.JPG

A pretty beachDSC02271.thumb.JPG.9e4cce2207b687efc692c18280936e75.JPG

We saw several churches including these two.

DSC02272.thumb.JPG.a868440ca08fe9f9d649d7984a83b7a2.JPG

DSC02274.thumb.JPG.a6f631eb42b925699e0321436957e3b6.JPG

DSC02281.thumb.JPG.a0272a2761c92fe4268e8da6dfc8f406.JPG

A fort around the bay

DSC02299.thumb.JPG.79405766d10f5bd953ed018afbac111e.JPG

Looking at the upper level of town from the ship, showing the different ways to reach the upper level.

DSC02341.thumb.JPG.a1b156952e9a1a49e2409200e4a578df.JPG

DSC02331.thumb.JPG.652b794956b4d26e4115aac79415fbfe.JPG

A square in the upper level.

DSC02324.thumb.JPG.a40202b052c278b496e174be23fa0266.JPG

Carnival decorations

DSC02310.thumb.JPG.19f111b992dafd82e22cd22f53faeea2.JPG

Looking down to the lower level while waiting for the elevator with Ruby Princess in the back ground.

DSC02323.thumb.JPG.ad88d385e34ce2085080e2f84c6ffcaa.JPG

Lenda

Lovely photos Lenda.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Back in Georgia I have 71 degrees, it's dark out but they say we will have a mostly sunny day and a high of 93.🥵  Walking out of the airport was a bit of a shock yesterday after 25 days with more ideal temperatures. 

Thanks Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily.  Very unique days to celebrate.  I appreciate the old days with Iconic American Restaurants Day.  The more modern restaurants are great too.  I don't want to honor or celebrate Vesuvius but have a great respect for it's power and the history of its eruptions.🌋  Who determines what Strange Music is?  What I like might not be what you like!  Fun Mark Twain quote.  I'm sure many will enjoy the black bean tostadas.  A green river cocktail doesn't sound that appetizing to me, at least.  I'm sure the pinot noir is wonderful.  Thanks to Tina @0106 for stepping in for Debbie @dfish while she was away.  Great job!  Thanks also to Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their Daily contributions.🍷🍹

Prayers today for all on the Care list.  I hope we get some good news from Annie @marshhawk about Chuck's eye surgery.  🙏  Also prayers for my DB and my friend's DB Mark.  There must be something to report on him by now and I will try to find out.  Cheers to the Celebration list folks!  Hoping for more good news every day, and congrats to those on a cruise or preparing for one.🎉🚢  Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for her outstanding work keeping up with us all. 

The port of the day is Salvador de Bahia, Brazil.  We had it twice before on Nov. 17, 2021 and Oct. 21, 2022.  DH and I stopped there once in 2015 on a South America cruise and it turned out to be an interesting day and stands out in my mind.  My photos are shown below the links. 

On Feb. 13, 2015 the Ruby Princess stopped in Salvadaor de Bahia, Brazil on a very hot day.  We headed out from the ship passing by and through the Mercado Modelo on our way to the Elevador Lacerda.  Local spelling, not mine.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKwHBXvgIrE8NKMmfdCyN02?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214252

The Elevador Lacerda is one way of transiting between the lower part of town and the upper part where the old city center called Pelourinho, is.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEcVZc7jLZvC_HM1TsZvcC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214072

At the top.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJTQHJmOyPL75-vgVXKMWbn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214072

The Mercado Modelo where we had just been.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVSAYJxM8cnHJfg5psHw6d?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214075

Our ship is off in the distance hidden slightly by the buildings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLY1cmcv497V6MbX6XZtHJr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214077

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJpOKBNTZNIMD3_BhBBHVUD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214148

Everywhere we went there were signs of Carnival.  You know it's hot that day if DH is wearing shorts.  That doesn't happen often!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGPvW3Qpw43TyVAMQfAdhE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214161

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIj4tWZO-CaLzuB5ss9ZjDa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214166

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9KhvlBZfP8IXrWyLRfqtF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214169

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKhsWG98JDJamxgJDjdscn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214183

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA7HzPiv2dszdLOMdD22S0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214186

Drums!!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLldtbeCGCiFZG_fyu1rvvT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214187

St. Peter of the Clergymen Church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIouFwIb08dQOVfHXgZgS02?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214177

Another church - St. Francis Church and Convent00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItmHnIihPcsnO3adshbsRW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214211

Very ornate00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJiOFWXAXSRWHm80si7Bttw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214206

I thought this hotel was so beautiful and well kept. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISoLlmp22pQsztzgycTP0j?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214217

I was intriqued by these roofs and the pattern on them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIV_QKEGAQ_mZjlIFtPzg4W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214194

Our trip back down to the lower section was by the Plano Inclinado de Goncalves funicular00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIm04wpysXeJ_SLn7-NZi3z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214222

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4f6lfW7eiiWcNJRMhQHt3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214244

The woman in control00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKh4SNFdQcH0Ay_jMau5_8Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214247

We enjoyed our walk through Salvador, but remember to always be alert and not wear jewelry when walking around in Brazil.  Many times tourists are robbed by brazen thieves roaming the streets.

Hoping to get most of the work of returning home done today.  We don't like things in an upheaval for long.  Have a wonderful day everyone!

Nice photos Sandi.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The engines are fired up and we are preparing to depart Portland, ME.

We had a beautiful day and a wonderful time with friends we hadn’t seen in 35 years. Got to go see our cabin on the lake in Limerick:

IMG_1776.thumb.jpeg.6f806131052997f5c5806e8723b82d17.jpeg

our old church in South Parsonsfield:

and a little light house where our friends courted:

IMG_1778.thumb.jpeg.076ae4eda090c33bc4a2a6a7de3096b3.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1