The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 30th, 2023

richwmn

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Grief is difficult and we should support those who are grieving as much as we can. I like the beach for the ocean, having grown up at the shore. Trying to touch a heart should be a Daily thing (pun intended). True quote. I'll pass on the meal and drink (looks like a dessert), yes to the wine. I haven't been to Haifa. I will salute Wm Penn, as I live int PA.

It's partly sunny here, but chilly. We may not reach 70. I'll be going out soon to a Cardiology appointment. Then I have a late PT appointment. I might try to do some lawn edging in between the two. My sidewalk is fixed! Now I have to replace a little section of grass by the curb that got destroyed. BFF says they are getting some early rain and thunder in Myrtle Beach, from the very outer bands of Idalia. Thinking of all in FL who are in the path of the storm, as well as others along its track.

@HAL4NOW Thanks for the photos and sorry to hear it's raining.

@Mr. Boston Safe travels tomorrow!

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad DGD is somewhere safe. Wonderful photos from Haifa/Tel-Aviv/Nazareth.

@Crazy For Cats It sounds like Jasper is doing better. 

@kazu Thanks for the funny memes.

@Cruzin Terri Stay safe and I hope for no flooding where you are. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the great photos from Haifa and surrounding areas. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

I pray all in the path of the storms stay safe, and don't take any chances.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  A gentle hug going out to all for whom grief is a constant companion; hoping each day brings a little more sunshine into your lives.  We love the beach at Half Moon Cay, and we often try to touch other's hearts with small kindnesses.

Well yesterday didn't turn out as I'd thought - in mid afternoon DH suddenly said he became very dizzy, a spell that lasted about 4 minutes.  I called the medical help line who said because he needs a pacemaker, to get him to the hospital.  Well I've driven this man to the ER 3 times in the past with his heart issues and learned my lesson to never do that again, so called the ambulance.  Was he ever upset - like a wet hen who just had another pail of water dropped on her!  He didn't want the neighbours to know, was embarrassed, humiliated, all of those things.  Like I cared.  LOL   The paramedics arrived, and took him to the ER where I followed in our car.  After 10 hours in a holding area (it was ridiculously busy there), being hooked up to eleventeen different monitors, many tests were performed, and it was determined the dizziness was not caused by his heart, but rather an inner ear issue called DPPV; thankfully it isn't life threatening or earth shattering.  We came home at 2:30 this morning, but feel better knowing at least his heart isn't stopping and needing to have emergency surgery.  I have to tell you the paramedics (who had to stay with us until he was either released into the hospital or discharged) were unbelievable.  DH couldn't have anything except ice chips, but they brought me sandwiches, tea, jello (oh joy!), cookies, and best of all, warming blankets because the ER is kept at the temperature of a warm meat locker.

Today is going to be a "down" day for us, after yesterday's excitement, so DH is going out to have coffee with his music buddies and I'm planning on doing something really exciting like laundry.  LOL   And watching TV to see what Idalia is doing.  

I KNOW I'd like today's drink, although after a couple of them, I'm sure you'd get pretty sick of the sweetness.  Or not.  I'd like the wine - a red in my budget, and I do love fish tacos, although I haven't made them in ages.  Tonight we'll have those pork chops, potatoes and salad that we didn't get a chance to make yesterday.  Our temperatures have dropped a little, so we can enjoy our dinner at a leisurely pace on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone in the path of Idalia, Franklin, and whoever else is out there causing trouble!  Cheers going out to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 3

Good morning to all. Sunny and cool. Temperature was 53 when we first went out. High today forecast for the low 80's. Tomorrow morning it is will be in the high 40's in morning so Fall is on the way. I noticed some yellow in the leaves yesterday while driving to my podiatrist. Will have to watch for color is the high country Aspens. We may get some rain this weekend .... it is anybodies guess. Forecasts are mixed.

I will take the fish tacos although they are not my favorite. It has been many, many years since I have been to Israel. Somehow I think it is unlikely I will get back.

The visit to the podiatrist went well and I have new walking shoes on order. If I like them, I will order another pair. Meanwhile I continue to search out and cull my old shoes. My feet certainly feel better since she worked her magic.

Nothing of interest on my schedule for today or for that matter for the next few weeks. This will give me time to work on the closets and continue to sort and review files. And the dogs and I will enjoy some longer walks. And I can start again on the bookcases.

My best and most positive thoughts to all. Hope little Murphy is improving.

Susan

• Like 33

@ger_77 Oh goodness! How scary! I would have done the same thing.

After Allen's heart surgery, the night he got back home he slid out of the recliner. I was not allowed to lift him. I called the paramedics and they were there in a minute as the station was below us. The guys slid a blanket under his butt and lifted him back in the chair. They were so nice and noticed Allen's service awards and medals, especially the silver star. 2 days later, same thing, slid out of the chair. When the guys showed up the one guy said "hey Allen, I brought my buddy to see your shadow box of awards, his dad flew in Vietnam the same time as you did" 

• Like 31

@Cruzin Terri glad you are staying in, things could get worse before they get better. 

I’m seeing live reports of where my nephew lives in Crystal River and the flooding looks broad-reaching but not too deep. High tide still to come. With him being inland it will be a day or two I think before he can get back to evaluate. No doubt it’ll be a mess but hoping it will be recoverable. 

@ger_77 Gerry, good decision on calling the ambulance!  You can’t help DH while you’re driving!  Glad he’s been evaluated and getting treated. Forgot to say that I hope you enjoyed the wedding Saturday. So nice you could officiate!  

When I did chaplaincy class we were taught about doing death notifications and we’re informed that about 60% of people will react violently. After initial reactions grief can take many turns. Grief is part of life for all of us, and the longer we live the more people we lose. There is no normal schedule for grieving, just be supportive of each other and kind to ourselves. 

Thank you Sandi and Lenda for sharing your pictures of places many of us will not get to. Means a lot!  

@JazzyV, seeing on your excellent lists that we’re 5 days till we cruise is fun but makes me cringe that I should be further along packing. Oiy!  

Lenda, thanks for the reassurance that the whole-egg version of the key lime pie will be ok!  I’ll bring it to the grandkids Sunday!  They’ll inhale it!  Just what I don’t need before getting on a cruise is extra desserts!  

Blessings to all!  Your collective kindness touches many hearts, including mine!  Thank you all. Stay safe!  
m—

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@Haljo1935 I hope your shoulder is going to get better.   I have RA and when my shoulder used to act up I would get a cortisone shot and it would fix for sometimes a year or two.  Once I started on Enbrel for it my shoulder problems abated.  What is your Avatar?  Is that your pup?  It looks charming. 

I think that pup is adorable, but he's not mine. Well, he sort of is - I virtually adopted him. Friend sent me his picture and I thought he was so adorable that he should be seen by many. So I used him as my Avatar. 

In preparation for surgery, I very recently started PT for frozen shoulder. Yesterday was a particularly rough session, that's what the icing is for. 

I did get a shot 2 weeks ago; Dr says he can do that every 6 months while we're working through the frozen shoulder.

I appreciate the kind thoughts.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

Prayers for everyone in the path of this hurricane.  Please let us know you're ok.  DH's sister (and some other family) live in Savannah, I'm sure I'll get their updates for that area.

Grief awareness is every day I'm sure for most of us.  No beach day here, it's another cloudy wet day.  Yesterday we did get the thunder and lightening, and lots of rain.  The power stayed on, so I was happy about that!  Tina @0106 those were great suggestions for Touch a Heart Day.  I like the quote, and admit I've never had fish tacos.  Like Debbie @dfish I've just never thought I'd like them.  But I printed off the first recipe and will try them (minus the cilantro and avocado of course!) but tonight will be turkey pot pie to use up the last of the turkey we had.  

Oh my that drink!!!  I'd love to try that one.  Will pass on the red wine though.  We were in Israel for 4 days in 2011 on the Silhouette.  I started to look for my photos and realized they are exactly like those already posted by Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and Sandi @StLouisCruisers!!  So I won't be repetitive by posting more of the same. 🤣 We will be back in Israel next fall on the Volendam on a TA Med  cruise. Hopefully we get back to Egypt too.

Yesterday I had some kind of bug (?) and stomach issues, couldn't hold anything down.  Thankfully it lasted only a few hours.  I still don't have much of an appetite and stomach hurts a little, but much better now. I did NOT want a repeat of the flu (?)  I had last fall and it wasn't.  

Gerry @ger_77 Oh gosh, what a day you and your DH had!!  I'm so glad it turned out to be "only" the inner ear and not his heart causing the problem.  What a day!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

It is hard not to be aware of grief in the short term, but we need to remember that it affects people for a long, sometimes very long, time. No beach here, just a rocky riverbank. It seems to me that today is Wednesday.

OK on the fish tacos, but I'd like the lime crema to be lactose-free. No, no, no on the pseudotini. The wine would be OK, or maybe Atwater Cabernet Sauvignon 2020, which is almost sold out.

It bothers me when cruise lines list a port with the name of someplace that is not really very near. Haifa for Tel Aviv or Nazareth is not as bad as Ashdod for Jerusalem, but the worst that I can think of right now are Warnemünde for Berlin or Le Havre for Paris where you'd spend half the time in port merely traveling back and forth.

The injured places hurt less today.

psykik.thumb.jpg.719d47c0bc2f8b88989fdf4640e0f4b1.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Good afternoon all , I am very late today and good thoughts and wishes for all my Cruise Critic friends on this Daily get together . 

We arrived in Haifa , Israel on October 24th , 2016  thanks to Captain Jeroen Schuchmann while on the Prinsendam with blue skies .

Our friend Paula had organized a small group tour on a mini bus to go to Tel Aviv - Jaffa and Caesarea which is a full day and first drove to the top of the hill to see the gorgeous Baha’i Gardens.

DSCN0726.thumb.JPG.33c55adef27457491803f53fe4990a56.JPG

DSCN0723.thumb.jpg.40156f8bd3226705e68b3c66809b3985.jpg

The Elegant Explorer .......The Prinsendam  ! 

DSCN0724.thumb.JPG.1858fdd212af52926f880ba99e54fae2.JPG

From there we drove to the Caesarea’s National Park with the Roman Theater 

DSCN0732.thumb.JPG.3511d0334ca292e18a915855ec08e656.JPG

DSCN0734.thumb.JPG.813f9e780abda1979d0e19626a7dfb43.JPG

Hey , I see some very good friends here , Ann and Pat and their DD Cathy and Dear Martha 

DSCN0736.thumb.JPG.323b1eba55443fd3c16086cdbf33180e.JPG

From there we walked to the Caesarea Harbour built by King Herod and which area is still being excavated for additional buildings and treasures . At the time King Herod build this large harbour and started this large Port . 

DSCN0744.thumb.jpg.f9b4b591c0c01dc8a12f5720afdd86ba.jpg

DSCN0749.thumb.JPG.54760629bbf69497854d9006eca5172d.JPG

The public bath house 

DSCN0753.thumb.JPG.e9129593588c07b78ba3449d9060feca.JPG

DSCN0756.thumb.JPG.2000e8c447dba0e15f60c81fbdab16ba.JPG

DSCN0758.thumb.JPG.1cdf02efa063381b4ce7221942a25a6d.JPG

From there we went to Tel Aviv where we saw the spot where the former Prime Minister of Israel Yitzhak Rabin was murdered in 1995 
DSCN0763.thumb.JPG.d584dc6a919421b8ae6d5444a4160f0e.JPG

DSCN0767.thumb.JPG.ef9404c40b33fbf211e29cf068524241.JPG

Our next stop was going through the Gardens of Jaffa for a nice long ….......walking tour and going over the Wishing Bridge , I first had to move a tree that was in our way ........

DSCN0776.thumb.jpg.d88d357207f57da0b1516a8625eb2e95.jpg

DSCN0780.thumb.JPG.a1f26ce2ec2482736b795e0b6799fbc7.JPG

IMG_4865.thumb.jpg.9cbe61b4f9b25401831756aff8f0fa3a.jpg

We will have to ask Cathy if her wishes came true
DSCN0782.thumb.JPG.b4ca75d3481e7927fd4aa858e10e1953.JPG

DSCN0783.thumb.JPG.abad0ea1a59500c40bd04b13c7c8f5e6.JPG

DSCN0788.thumb.JPG.6b8b899e1472a8bfdaa6d842988a31c8.JPG

DSCN0786.thumb.JPG.fe546d4c72d39b542400662676fbf249.JPG

Beautiful beaches 

DSCN0796.thumb.JPG.843ff5b7e0ac872325dd55c57e97c8d2.JPG

Time to get back to port , captain is waiting he is ready to leave by the time we got back  ……........ plus I  now need my 3rd cup of coffee and these are enough pictures for today 

DSCN0803.thumb.jpg.123fe62945e0673b843ecdd36c79c09d.jpg

Tony 😄😄
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, Dailyites.  I'm especially thinking of those in the path of the hurricane today!  We have had a couple of days of dreary weather and sprinkles of rain.  We also had thunder and lightning on Monday, many strikes over the island, which started 18 new fires.  16 are out of control, and they won't do anything about them, as they are not near habitation.   One is under control and one has been extinguished.   More rain, please.

The birthday party on Monday was a success.  The birthday boy was confused, but on his best behaviour, and managed to read some of his cards out loud.  He seems smaller than he was, but healthy.  His wife was a bit teary, it's hard to watch.  There were 9 of us at the party, I really don't think he remembered any of us, even family, but he cracked a few jokes and seemed to enjoy the attention, and definitely the chocolate birthday cake.

In reading the previous threads about Haifa, I came across Jacqui's meme, which seems to be appropriate to post again...

0DE1CA85-13B6-4CC6-A0CC-75EAEA992EBF.thumb.jpeg.bdeaee3208659bd763de2bed28f5ad6e.jpeg.761db9958e5632dd53058b9f86f637f3.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Haha 8

Good morning!  Imagine that - it is still morning and I am posting.  Didn't sleep too well, as I kept watching the Weather Channel about Idalia!  I used to live in Crystal River, and we always took visitors to Cedar Key for a wonderful meal.  So two Florida towns very close to my heart.  So glad that FL Dailyites are reporting in and so far all are safe and well.

It is a beautiful, sunny day here in Western Colorado.  Think it will only get to upper 90's today.  Next week we will be in the 80's and there is even some rain forecast.  It always boggles my mind how the weather can be so different in this country (and Canada and Australia), but then I realize how really large these countries are!  Hurricane in one area, and drought/fires in other areas.

Yesterday I tried going for breakfast at my new place.  Bad idea, as then I wasn't able to eat much of the noon meal, which is the big meal of the day.  Still figuring out what works best.  Today, only the noon meal here, and then my DstepD and her husband are taking me out for dinner.  I am so thankful that my DH's children are so good to me.  

Just got a text to remind me that I have a mammogram tomorrow.  Guess that while I am out I will go to Walgreen's to get my flu shot.  I want it to take effect before I leave for my late September cruise.  I don't think that the new COVID shot will be out much before I leave, so will leave that for later.

Hope that all have a great day.  Prayers for all on the Cares List and I'll raise a glass (wine) to those celebrating!

Mary Kay

• Like 25

@ger_77, Geri, I am so sorry about your ER  visit but I am glad you called the ambulance.My DDIL had the same problem recently and my son drove her to the hospital.She is an MD who should have known better.They have both recovered now..It was scary with such horrible vertigo.I hope your DH is feeling better.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. I've gotten a few small, pesky chores out of the way. but it's really been an easy morning. after several busy days.

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  A gentle hug going out to all for whom grief is a constant companion; hoping each day brings a little more sunshine into your lives.  We love the beach at Half Moon Cay, and we often try to touch other's hearts with small kindnesses.

Well yesterday didn't turn out as I'd thought - in mid afternoon DH suddenly said he became very dizzy, a spell that lasted about 4 minutes.  I called the medical help line who said because he needs a pacemaker, to get him to the hospital.  Well I've driven this man to the ER 3 times in the past with his heart issues and learned my lesson to never do that again, so called the ambulance.  Was he ever upset - like a wet hen who just had another pail of water dropped on her!  He didn't want the neighbours to know, was embarrassed, humiliated, all of those things.  Like I cared.  LOL   The paramedics arrived, and took him to the ER where I followed in our car.  After 10 hours in a holding area (it was ridiculously busy there), being hooked up to eleventeen different monitors, many tests were performed, and it was determined the dizziness was not caused by his heart, but rather an inner ear issue called DPPV; thankfully it isn't life threatening or earth shattering.  We came home at 2:30 this morning, but feel better knowing at least his heart isn't stopping and needing to have emergency surgery.  I have to tell you the paramedics (who had to stay with us until he was either released into the hospital or discharged) were unbelievable.  DH couldn't have anything except ice chips, but they brought me sandwiches, tea, jello (oh joy!), cookies, and best of all, warming blankets because the ER is kept at the temperature of a warm meat locker.

Today is going to be a "down" day for us, after yesterday's excitement, so DH is going out to have coffee with his music buddies and I'm planning on doing something really exciting like laundry.  LOL   And watching TV to see what Idalia is doing.  

I KNOW I'd like today's drink, although after a couple of them, I'm sure you'd get pretty sick of the sweetness.  Or not.  I'd like the wine - a red in my budget, and I do love fish tacos, although I haven't made them in ages.  Tonight we'll have those pork chops, potatoes and salad that we didn't get a chance to make yesterday.  Our temperatures have dropped a little, so we can enjoy our dinner at a leisurely pace on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone in the path of Idalia, Franklin, and whoever else is out there causing trouble!  Cheers going out to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm glad that your DH's problem wasn't his heart, and I think you did the correct thing calling the ambulance.  DH had BPPV; about 15 years ago, and he was given some mild exercises to help break up the crystal in the inner ear.  BTW, for those who have never had the misfortune to have or know someone who's had BPPV;, it stands for benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@ger_77 Oh goodness! How scary! I would have done the same thing.

After Allen's heart surgery, the night he got back home he slid out of the recliner. I was not allowed to lift him. I called the paramedics and they were there in a minute as the station was below us. The guys slid a blanket under his butt and lifted him back in the chair. They were so nice and noticed Allen's service awards and medals, especially the silver star. 2 days later, same thing, slid out of the chair. When the guys showed up the one guy said "hey Allen, I brought my buddy to see your shadow box of awards, his dad flew in Vietnam the same time as you did" 

Joy, last year when I needed to have the assistance of the paramedics to help get DH into and out of the car, we were helped by some wonderful people.  One of the EMTs saw our grand piano, and while his partner was finishing the paper work, he gave us a short concert.  As they left, the even put the throw rug back in place.   It takes a special kind of person to handle that job and to be so caring.

54 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Prayers for everyone in the path of this hurricane.  Please let us know you're ok.  DH's sister (and some other family) live in Savannah, I'm sure I'll get their updates for that area.

Grief awareness is every day I'm sure for most of us.  No beach day here, it's another cloudy wet day.  Yesterday we did get the thunder and lightening, and lots of rain.  The power stayed on, so I was happy about that!  Tina @0106 those were great suggestions for Touch a Heart Day.  I like the quote, and admit I've never had fish tacos.  Like Debbie @dfish I've just never thought I'd like them.  But I printed off the first recipe and will try them (minus the cilantro and avocado of course!) but tonight will be turkey pot pie to use up the last of the turkey we had.  

Oh my that drink!!!  I'd love to try that one.  Will pass on the red wine though.  We were in Israel for 4 days in 2011 on the Silhouette.  I started to look for my photos and realized they are exactly like those already posted by Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and Sandi @StLouisCruisers!!  So I won't be repetitive by posting more of the same. 🤣 We will be back in Israel next fall on the Volendam on a TA Med  cruise. Hopefully we get back to Egypt too.

Yesterday I had some kind of bug (?) and stomach issues, couldn't hold anything down.  Thankfully it lasted only a few hours.  I still don't have much of an appetite and stomach hurts a little, but much better now. I did NOT want a repeat of the flu (?)  I had last fall and it wasn't.  

Gerry @ger_77 Oh gosh, what a day you and your DH had!!  I'm so glad it turned out to be "only" the inner ear and not his heart causing the problem.  What a day!

Carolyn, I'm sorry you had a stomach bug, but I'm glad you are feeling better today.  I hope your DSIL and family in Savannah do not have any problems from Idalia.

43 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

It is hard not to be aware of grief in the short term, but we need to remember that it affects people for a long, sometimes very long, time. No beach here, just a rocky riverbank. It seems to me that today is Wednesday.

OK on the fish tacos, but I'd like the lime crema to be lactose-free. No, no, no on the pseudotini. The wine would be OK, or maybe Atwater Cabernet Sauvignon 2020, which is almost sold out.

It bothers me when cruise lines list a port with the name of someplace that is not really very near. Haifa for Tel Aviv or Nazareth is not as bad as Ashdod for Jerusalem, but the worst that I can think of right now are Warnemünde for Berlin or Le Havre for Paris where you'd spend half the time in port merely traveling back and forth.

The injured places hurt less today.

psykik.thumb.jpg.719d47c0bc2f8b88989fdf4640e0f4b1.jpg

Paul, that is good news your injured places are less sore today.  Sadly, those ports you mentioned are the only way cruise passengers can see the inland cities.

33 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites.  I'm especially thinking of those in the path of the hurricane today!  We have had a couple of days of dreary weather and sprinkles of rain.  We also had thunder and lightning on Monday, many strikes over the island, which started 18 new fires.  16 are out of control, and they won't do anything about them, as they are not near habitation.   One is under control and one has been extinguished.   More rain, please.

The birthday party on Monday was a success.  The birthday boy was confused, but on his best behaviour, and managed to read some of his cards out loud.  He seems smaller than he was, but healthy.  His wife was a bit teary, it's hard to watch.  There were 9 of us at the party, I really don't think he remembered any of us, even family, but he cracked a few jokes and seemed to enjoy the attention, and definitely the chocolate birthday cake.

In reading the previous threads about Haifa, I came across Jacqui's meme, which seems to be appropriate to post again...

0DE1CA85-13B6-4CC6-A0CC-75EAEA992EBF.thumb.jpeg.bdeaee3208659bd763de2bed28f5ad6e.jpeg.761db9958e5632dd53058b9f86f637f3.jpeg

Ann, I'm glad the birthday party Monday was a success, and that the birthday boy enjoyed it.

33 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Good morning!  Imagine that - it is still morning and I am posting.  Didn't sleep too well, as I kept watching the Weather Channel about Idalia!  I used to live in Crystal River, and we always took visitors to Cedar Key for a wonderful meal.  So two Florida towns very close to my heart.  So glad that FL Dailyites are reporting in and so far all are safe and well.

It is a beautiful, sunny day here in Western Colorado.  Think it will only get to upper 90's today.  Next week we will be in the 80's and there is even some rain forecast.  It always boggles my mind how the weather can be so different in this country (and Canada and Australia), but then I realize how really large these countries are!  Hurricane in one area, and drought/fires in other areas.

Yesterday I tried going for breakfast at my new place.  Bad idea, as then I wasn't able to eat much of the noon meal, which is the big meal of the day.  Still figuring out what works best.  Today, only the noon meal here, and then my DstepD and her husband are taking me out for dinner.  I am so thankful that my DH's children are so good to me.  

Just got a text to remind me that I have a mammogram tomorrow.  Guess that while I am out I will go to Walgreen's to get my flu shot.  I want it to take effect before I leave for my late September cruise.  I don't think that the new COVID shot will be out much before I leave, so will leave that for later.

Hope that all have a great day.  Prayers for all on the Cares List and I'll raise a glass (wine) to those celebrating!

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, I checked with our local pharmacy yesterday, and they have no idea when the new Covid booster or the RSV vaccine will be available.  They are not keeping a waiting list either.

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@ger_77, Geri, I am so sorry about your ER  visit but I am glad you called the ambulance.My DDIL had the same problem recently and my son drove her to the hospital.She is an MD who should have known better.They have both recovered now..It was scary with such horrible vertigo.I hope your DH is feeling better.

I think there's a very strong male denial gene.

Roy

• Like 13
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Right now not much going on.  We live about 20 miles north of Savannah.  Some rain, heavy at times with gusts of wind, but the worst is yet to come.  

Savannah is slated to start getting hit about 3 to 5 pm and last into the evening.  The big problem will be the storm surge both in Savannah and here where we live in Bluffton and in Hilton Head.  Very low-lying areas due to a combination of high tides and full moon and lots of rain.  

i am dreading another flood.

That is the situation here right now.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 17

Please count me as safe, lucky and thankful! I am close to the intracoastal waterway here in St Petersburg. We actually needed the rain, but no winds or flooding. Our community was spared, although others were not as fortunate.

Our pond at our condo looking full again.

16934196188959008884202436759857.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 14

11 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Right now not much going on.  We live about 20 miles north of Savannah.  Some rain, heavy at times with gusts of wind, but the worst is yet to come.  

Savannah is slated to start getting hit about 3 to 5 pm and last into the evening.  The big problem will be the storm surge both in Savannah and here where we live in Bluffton and in Hilton Head.  Very low-lying areas due to a combination of high tides and full moon and lots of rain.  

i am dreading another flood.

That is the situation here right now.

Terri

Thank you Terri.  I knew you were close to Savannah.  The family is spread all around Savannah, some north and some in FL.  I'm trying to keep up with them all.  Stay safe.

• Like 22

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, our doctor said the latest news on the new shots show October timeframe.  He also said to wait til mid or late Sept for this years flu shot. I want us to be fully vaccinated by the time we leave on Thanksgiving day.  We will be cruising for 50+ days. Any help is appreciated!!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good day and thanks all!  Grief is often what we don’t talk about, yet it is life changing.   I worked with a number of students who had lost their parents,  truly the most important work I did. 

@dfish love those fish tacos!

Thanks for the port photos, Lenda, Sandi and Tony!  
I hope everyone stays safe! 
@ger_77 agree you did the right thing!  
my mom had the inner ear issue and the exercise really helped her.  

@Cruising-along hope you feel better soon! 
@Seasick Sailor what a touching story! 

Love beaches! 

IMG_2201.jpeg

IMG_1434.jpeg

B0255D1D-FFEB-4365-8104-84C4798EF4A8.jpeg

IMG_1475.jpeg

IMG_3129.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon. I'm back from my Cardiology visit, and he wants to increase my BP med. I'm not surprised, based on home readings (not terribly high, but not at goal). I know I need to really work on getting some weight off; being sedentary these past months, due to knee and back pain, has not helped. Then PT at 6PM, ugh.

@ger_77 Oh my on DH's episode and the ER saga. But good that it was vertigo. You did the right thing in calling EMS. You deserve to relax today. I had an episode decades ago, when on getting out of bed I had to hold on to furniture to walk to the BR. Even driving, I couldn't turn my head. Fortunately after about a week, it was gone, and has never recurred (knock wood). 

@durangoscots Are the shoes you ordered custom or any particular brand?

@Haljo1935 How long does the surgeon think it will be before surgery? 

@Cruising-along I'm glad you're starting to feel better today.

@kochleffel Good you hear you're in less pain, Paul. 

@sailingdutchy Great photos, Tony. 

@HAL4NOW Good news that the weather has improved. 

@Vict0riann Yikes on all of those fires from lightning, but it's good many are in inhabited areas. It sounds like the birthday party was bittersweet due to the condition of the celebrant.

@Cruzin Terri Stay safe!

@St Pete Cruiser Thanks for checking in.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 5