The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 20th, 2023

richwmn

36 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Roy — so glad you will be sailing.  Did you hear QM2 could not get into Hamburg port last night?  Not sure of the details but they had a 7 hour delay because of some port issues.  Katherine 

I had not but just looked.  Ship is now on the way to Hamburg with so far a predicted 4-hour delay which I suspect will grow. 

This is a complex voyage where I a only doing a slice:

Hamburg - today

Southampton 9/22

New York 9/29

Quebec 10/6

New York 10/13

Southampton 10/20

Hamburg 10/22

I am only on New York to Quebec but a member of the roll call is waiting in Hamburg.

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Could have slept longer. Maybe a couple of more days to adjust to Central time. Pepperoni pizza sounds great as I’m pretty much a traditionalist pizza lover. Though I’m one of the few who enjoys anchovies and onions on pizza. Oh yeah, extra cheese and well done please.

We are starting a slight cool down with morning temps in high sixties and highs in mid eighties. Need for the Gulf to cool down and put an end to hurricane season.

Roy I was very happy to see that you’re taking steps to going on your cruise. I think it’s just what the doctor ordered and hope you return rejuvenated.

Thanks Rich and all who contribute. Have a great Hump Day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.a0dba4543776f16d7d527cd33e805519.jpegimage.jpeg.27875aab025dc825a1bc48ac96d9dfa8.jpegimage.jpeg.eb00df702ac25d319338a4565583b4fe.jpegimage.jpeg.2531e4754478ebe393d9f041461900b7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.27da637d20c83afe17a5ef73de7f904e.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  Computer says the temp is 60.

Insurance company says I have to clean up the tree before they come out and inspect the roof.  So between shifts I will be clipping.  They won't be here until 10/2.  I know that a person with a mighty chainsaw will have to get in after we clip away, but one day at a time.  The amount the insurance will pay for tree toting is less than the deductible, so i'm thinking that if the roof is not busted, and the windows are not damaged, we might just have to handle it ourselves.  The driveway is still collapsing.  The chunk that was dangling over the hole has finally gone through.  I need to do a short fix with gravel until we have the money for a new driveway.

I like pepperoni pizza, but I am more partial to a veggie pizza. The new garlic bread crust from Domino's is very good!  I'm always ready for everything.  If i don't like whatever it is, I take a nap or walk away, but I was ready to do something.  Looking forward to the recipes.

@rafinmdI'm glad that you decided to take the cruises.  They feed you, they make the bed and if you don't want to get up, they have room service! all you need to do is get some good fresh ocean air, and relax.

th?id=OIP.pgYaQINe8CiNDZoIiifwfQHaF8&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

@mamaofamiI'm so glad it's home for Sam!  I hope he has a speedy recovery. 

th?id=OIP.BDhwtTKZVBqE2tJvoWbYxwHaIt&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

d2169d299749708f71ec31e4e2f6249d.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

5 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. Could have slept longer. Maybe a couple of more days to adjust to Central time. Pepperoni pizza sounds great as I’m pretty much a traditionalist pizza lover. Though I’m one of the few who enjoys anchovies and onions on pizza. Oh yeah, extra cheese and well done please.

We are starting a slight cool down with morning temps in high sixties and highs in mid eighties. Need for the Gulf to cool down and put an end to hurricane season.

Roy I was very happy to see that you’re taking steps to going on your cruise. I think it’s just what the doctor ordered and hope you return rejuvenated.

Thanks Rich and all who contribute. Have a great Hump Day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.a0dba4543776f16d7d527cd33e805519.jpegimage.jpeg.27875aab025dc825a1bc48ac96d9dfa8.jpegimage.jpeg.eb00df702ac25d319338a4565583b4fe.jpegimage.jpeg.2531e4754478ebe393d9f041461900b7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.27da637d20c83afe17a5ef73de7f904e.jpeg

Fall colors in Florida, but it’s a pretty brown!

• Like 6
  • Haha 13

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Pepperoni pizza is my family's favorite. Mo, not so much.  prewfer plain or with onions.

The dinner sounds great, thanks Debbie @dfish

@rafinmd Roy very happy to see you have decided to go on your cruise. Relax and enjoy.  

@mamaofami Great news about Sam. Hope he is better soon.

We had another launch last nite. All I could think of, all of us cruisers will be happy with the new Starlinks satellites. Simply amazing.

I am off to Orlando this AM. Hoping to be back before the rains come in. 

Played golf yesterday. They are doing over the Country Club. I dont know who the decorator is, but it looks horrible. Very disappointing. I spoke to the manager and he told me to wait and see once all the new furniture is in. He said it will all "blend". LOL

Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I like pepperoni pizza, but prefer it as a starter with everything else except olives and anchovies on top.  The only time we ever have/make punch is during summer, and that's now behind us for this year.  What are we getting ready for?  Although our next cruise isn't until February, I've already taken a look at the clothes I'm going to bring, so I guess that's getting ready.

We had an orange sunrise this morning so it means there's still lots of smoke in the air.  Again last night we had to close the windows because it was so intense; when I went to get the newspaper, it didn't seem as heavy.  It's definitely cooling off though; right now we're sitting at 6C (43F) and only looking at a high of 19 (66) - I'm glad I picked up a new puffy winter jacket at WM yesterday when we went for Sochi's food.

DH's recuperation is going well - I removed the dressing and was pleased to see the wound wasn't terrible, even with 10 staples which will have to be removed on Friday.  Yesterday we went out and DH said he felt quite fine, although he knew to favour his left arm when it came to carrying anything or putting things into the cart.  This afternoon he's having coffee with his bandmates, so I'll drive him over and one of the guys will likely bring him home.

@rafinmdI'm so glad to hear you're going on the cruise - hopefully it will help with your recuperating.

@mamaofami such good news that Sam is coming home!

@Lady HudsonI'm happy DH seems to be improving - let that continue!

@kazu the amount of stuff you get done never ceases to amaze me - you're definitely going to need that cruise just to get some down time!

I know I'd like to try the drink, will probably pass on the wine, but oh, does that menu suggestion ever sound good, especially that last recipe!  Because DH is having coffee (and it usually involves treats) with the guys this afternoon, he's not going to be too hungry for dinner, so I think we're just going to have cold roast beef sandwiches and crudites on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, with special prayers for sweet Baby Murphy, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing! ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is National Pepperoni Pizza Day, National Punch Day, and National Get Ready Day

And, it is also my DH's 87th birthday! The worrywart me isn't sure he will celebrate 88 as his well-being has deteriorated significantly over the summer. The prayerful me continues to have hope.

Despite faithfully using his walker, he fell once in June, twice in August, and again earlier this month. Thankfully, the worst injury was ripping his arm open -- a wound that is slow to heal due to blood thinners from his prior stroke.

The extreme pain and weakness that has developed in his right leg led to the falls. DH is now in a wheelchair. So far, our Primary Care's prescription arsenal has not touched the pain and his Physical Therapist has not found the answer to DH's weakness. Both are now recommending tests to determine if DH's issue is internal medicine based rather than strictly orthopedic. And, I've been warned those tests could reveal a difficult diagnosis...

I tell you this by way of explaining my absence. I have read The Daily each day, have quietly held Daily-ites in prayer, joined in celebrations, and made only a very occasional comment over the past months. As my dad would have said, "There have been other fish to fry."

I do not see travel anywhere in our near term future. And, we haven't been to sea on a BHB since 2019 when we tested out DH's post stroke abilities. So, I  feel more like a HAL fraud than a HAL sailor. (Maybe I should change my CC name???)

But, I ask your forbearance as I sort through our ever changing new normal and I ask for your prayers for my DH.

Know that I am with you daily in spirit even if not often in contribution. Sending you each my best,

-Melisa

• Like 23
  • Thanks 17

42 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

And, it is also my DH's 87th birthday! The worrywart me isn't sure he will celebrate 88 as his well-being has deteriorated significantly over the summer. The prayerful me continues to have hope.

Despite faithfully using his walker, he fell once in June, twice in August, and again earlier this month. Thankfully, the worst injury was ripping his arm open -- a wound that is slow to heal due to blood thinners from his prior stroke.

The extreme pain and weakness that has developed in his right leg led to the falls. DH is now in a wheelchair. So far, our Primary Care's prescription arsenal has not touched the pain and his Physical Therapist has not found the answer to DH's weakness. Both are now recommending tests to determine if DH's issue is internal medicine based rather than strictly orthopedic. And, I've been warned those tests could reveal a difficult diagnosis...

I tell you this by way of explaining my absence. I have read The Daily each day, have quietly held Daily-ites in prayer, joined in celebrations, and made only a very occasional comment over the past months. As my dad would have said, "There have been other fish to fry."

I do not see travel anywhere in our near term future. And, we haven't been to sea on a BHB since 2019 when we tested out DH's post stroke abilities. So, I  feel more like a HAL fraud than a HAL sailor. (Maybe I should change my CC name???)

But, I ask your forbearance as I sort through our ever changing new normal and I ask for your prayers for my DH.

Know that I am with you daily in spirit even if not often in contribution. Sending you each my best,

-Melisa

Melisa, I'm sorry things with your DH have changed so much for the worse in the past few months.  I've been concerned that everything was not going well when you hadn't posted for quite a while.  I hope if they decide to do the tests, that they find out the problem, and that it is not the difficult diagnosis. 

Please talk care of yourself too.  Remember we're all here for you and your DH even though you are not able to post often.  We all understand that your DH comes first.

BTW, you are still a HAL sailor even if it's been a while since you were aboard a BHB.

Lenda

• Like 26

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

Happy 87th birthday to your husband.

I hope his health improves and you are able to cruise again.

87th-birthday-48.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18

Good sunny morning. It’s a beautiful day here and again tomorrow. 
I plan on having steak on the grill for dinner tonight along with corn on the cob and baked potatoes. Yesterday was a beautiful day for a visit with our former pastor and his new friend Sue. A lovely lady 

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 23

Good morning, all.

@Lady Hudson, that's awesome that the Northern Lights appeared for you!  Wonderful luck.

@mamaofami and @ger_77, good to hear that your DHs are doing well and on the mend.  I was sad to read that @HAL Sailer's DH is having a hard time.  I hope his birthday is pleasant and wish many returns of the day.

@StLouisCruisers, I hope Ren feels better today.  Headaches in young people are always a worry.  Hang in there, coordinating teen activities.  Like you, we're used to a quiet life.  The grandkids really shake it up.  But in a good way.

@cunnorl, they redid our club dining room, too, and it was very disappointing.  It used to be a beautiful space.  Now just bland, bland, bland.  Sigh.

@rafinmd, almost there!  You have to go so that you can tell us all about the Grills experience!

I would love some pepperoni pizza.  And the banana daiquiri wouldn't hurt, either.  We had an early wake-up from DD that one-year-old DGS is not feeling well, so DH went with her to emergency room and I'll pick up DGD from school later on.  No really worries, just an abundance of caution, as he's had some allergy problems.  Just a hectic start to the day.

Everyone, enjoy your Hump Day.  It's pretty overcast here in San Diego today, but after a long, hot summer, it feels pretty darn good.

Thoughts are with all those having difficulties.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Sam will be coming home today after recuperating from his brain surgery. So far everything’s going well and we’re hoping it stays that way.

that is excellent news Carol 🙂. Yippee 🙂 Prayers for his continued improvement 🙏 

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

One more step.  The bag is in the car.

Roy

YIPPEE.  Now just make sure you follow it when the time comes 😉 

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

DH's recuperation is going well - I removed the dressing and was pleased to see the wound wasn't terrible, even with 10 staples which will have to be removed on Friday. 

So glad to hear that his recovery is going well.  I hope he is as good as new soon 🙏.   But, dam on your smoke 😔 

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

@kazu the amount of stuff you get done never ceases to amaze me - you're definitely going to need that cruise just to get some down time!

I don’t get as much done as you think, Gerry.  Not like the olden days - that’s for sure.

And, it is also my DH's 87th birthday!

A very happy birthday to your DH, Melissa

IMG_9956.gif.24bdb86113a7828fc199c588c1aba15f.gif

I am so sorry to hear of your DH’s issues and the troubles you have been facing 😢. You will both be in my prayers 🙏 

Please - if you need to ‘talk’ or vent or just cry, don’t hesitate to post.  We are all here for you.

And for the record - you will ALWAYS be a HAL Sailer 😃 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

-Melisa

As others have said, we will hold you close, Melisa.  You are doing an exceptional job holding things together.  I think these golden years are the most difficult to navigate.  You'll always be a HAL Sailor and your Daily family will always have your back.

@ger_77  I'm happy to hear that your DH is recuperating so well!  I hope he enjoys his day out with friends.  And, I hope you enjoy that shrimp dinner very soon.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I almost exclusively get a pepperoni pizza, sometimes with other toppings added. Not a big fan of punch. I'm ready! Good quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and yes for the wine. I haven't been to Goteborg. 3 good days in history. Germany's reunification was especially important. Sad that Magellan didn't make it all the way.

Whew. Just finished mowing the lawn. I wanted to do it while much of the yard was in shade and the temps weren't high. Despite the temp in the upper 60's, I was sweating. But at least it's done. This afternoon I have a haircut. I put the comforter on the bed last night, but then I was too hot.

Sad news that a 15 year old girl was killed in a school van crash this morning. Several other children with injuries and both drivers are in critical condition.

@rafinmd I'm glad you decided to cruise. You can sit back and be pampered as much as you like.

@grapau27 Good news that your skin cancer consultant gave you the all clear.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels for DDIL. And I hope Ren is feeling good today.

@Lady Hudson How cool that you got to see the Northern Lights! I hope DH is feeling better each day.

@mamaofami Great news!

@cruising sister Sorry about your yard and I hope it does look better soon. 

@ottahand7 Safe travels tomorrow.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes.

@marshhawk What a mess that tree caused.

@ger_77 Sorry to hear the smoke is still hanging around. And it sounds like DH is having a smooth recuperation. 

@HAL Sailer Happy Birthday to your DH! I'm sorry to hear of his decline in function, with pain, and falls. I hope the doctors and PT can find a way to help him. Prayers for you both.

@AncientWanderer I hope DGS is ok. 

@Cruzin Terri How is your cousin that had the stent doing?

@smitty34877 Holding you and your family in prayer.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those with something to Celebrate.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I got the all clear from my skin cancer consultant this morning in hospital.

Yay! 👏 

5 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Sam will be coming home today after recuperating from his brain surgery. So far everything’s going well and we’re hoping it stays that way.

Yippee! 👏 Prayers for his continued improvement 🙏 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I almost exclusively get a pepperoni pizza, sometimes with other toppings added. Not a big fan of punch. I'm ready! Good quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and yes for the wine. I haven't been to Goteborg. 3 good days in history. Germany's reunification was especially important. Sad that Magellan didn't make it all the way.

Whew. Just finished mowing the lawn. I wanted to do it while much of the yard was in shade and the temps weren't high. Despite the temp in the upper 60's, I was sweating. But at least it's done. This afternoon I have a haircut. I put the comforter on the bed last night, but then I was too hot.

Sad news that a 15 year old girl was killed in a school van crash this morning. Several other children with injuries and both drivers are in critical condition.

@rafinmd I'm glad you decided to cruise. You can sit back and be pampered as much as you like.

@grapau27 Good news that your skin cancer consultant gave you the all clear.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels for DDIL. And I hope Ren is feeling good today.

@Lady Hudson How cool that you got to see the Northern Lights! I hope DH is feeling better each day.

@mamaofami Great news!

@cruising sister Sorry about your yard and I hope it does look better soon. 

@ottahand7 Safe travels tomorrow.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes.

@marshhawk What a mess that tree caused.

@ger_77 Sorry to hear the smoke is still hanging around. And it sounds like DH is having a smooth recuperation. 

@HAL Sailer Happy Birthday to your DH! I'm sorry to hear of his decline in function, with pain, and falls. I hope the doctors and PT can find a way to help him. Prayers for you both.

@AncientWanderer I hope DGS is ok. 

@Cruzin Terri How is your cousin that had the stent doing?

@smitty34877 Holding you and your family in prayer.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those with something to Celebrate.

3 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Yay! 👏 

Yippee! 👏 Prayers for his continued improvement 🙏 

Thank you both for your good wishes.

• Like 11

Step by step continues:

DSCF8691.thumb.JPG.18bd8fd494daf573b216b4f3538fad51.JPG

This isn't as easy as I would have liked.  First Covid, and now the UPS store I usually use is remodeling and not easy to get to so I ended up at this one in the opposite direction.

I did go close to my regular UPS store but it was for groceries, prescriptions and I also got my flu shot.  Now I hear one of the possible side effects is fatigue.  Just what I needed!

Roy

• Like 24