The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday January 31st, 2024

kazu

59 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Oceania always goes to Terminal J as does Regent.  They call that the “Boutique Terminal” for small ships.  We can only see the funnel from our room.

Terri

Crystal usually uses Terminal J but sometimes there are other small ships the same day.  I've sailed to or from there many times.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

My second alternative maps:

global2.jpg.dcc04fd1791410d2002f1e3776ded82c.jpg

caribbean2.jpg.d073e086bd428c682cb02ebf9090e0cd.jpg

I will be a bit autocratic about this but also welcome opinions.  I may or may not include non-HAL cruisers in the maps. I cannot find a way in cruisemapper to select a group of individual ships except by cruise line, so my decision will be based on how many ships the other cruise lines have and how much non-HAL ships with no dailyites aboard clutter up the map.  I suspect I will never include @Lady Hudson since Royal Caribbean has so many ships with a color not that different from HAL ships.  I also tried putting peoples names in red and I think I like that better than the green.  If we continue to get multiple dailyites on the same ship I may find it necessary occasionally to truncate a name or two.

Roy

I understand!  You are doing a great job with the maps.  Thank you.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@Crazy For Cats, Jake, there was another fire late last night at Bird in Hand restaurant. It went to 2 alarms and burned through the roof. No further details at this time.

That is sad news, for any home or business.  I hope the restaurant can rebuild and reopen in the future.

• Like 12

Morning folks. We should be arriving in Fakarava in about an hour. It’s a beautiful blue sky day and very smooth riding Pacific. Just 6:00 AM here.

Though not an issue until April everyone is discussing what is going to happen when we arrive in the Red Sea area of our voyage. Are they going to cancel or redirect with a new itinerary. It is what it is and we will just enjoy our now time.

Sounds like our third segment that starts in Tahiti will have an increase of guest onboard. We are hearing 630 guest whereas we have 593 at present.

We have had a GI bug going throughout the ship. It’s not Noro but there have been enough cases to warrant  no self service and the pool and hot tubs being shut down. There is some good news that we have no Covid cases at present. We have met some fellow cruisers that were quarantined with it earlier in the cruise.

We enjoyed our dinner in Prime C last night which is the steak house specialty restaurant. We had the chateaubriand which was very good followed by performances by our piano player tribute to Elton John and our Asst. CD Roy singing old Rock and Roll classics. Great shows.

Coffee time. Enjoy your hump day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.0621d3906ce9b76d0506c5b787391d4b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a3e971e12a9d636d24511787d5fca929.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.042656082f4626dfd6705f709f9cc32a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9b4da1a9fdc7fd7ebc6b1aa1f6dc08c3.jpegimage.jpeg.2336532ef48e1c4a47f4db40c044a104.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 13
  • Haha 19

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @kazu and @richwmn.

I appreciate my SS check that I worked for. I've never had a Brandy Alexander, although it sounds good, nor worn a gorilla suit. Not many cloverleafs here. Pass on the meal, drink and wine. I haven't been to Belfast. 3 good days in history.

The sun is actually shining today! I think we're going into the mid-40's F. Yesterday I had less pain, and that felt amazing. I even did some extra stuff at PT, including getting on the bike. But sleep last night was about the same, and the pain seems almost back to the usual level. The contractor called and wants to come by later. They want to take the 3 rooms of furniture and put it in a pod, so they can do all the floors at once, then bring the furniture back in the next day. I guess I'll need to empty the china cabinet, which is a big job. Then BFF wants to go out to an early dinner later.

@Cruzin Terri Bon Voyage to you and Jim!

@grapau27 Thanks for the explanation.

@kazu I'm glad Ivan's injection went easily.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad your sister is feeling better. Thanks for posting your and Lenda's Belfast photos. 

@kochleffel Sorry you had pain last night, and hopefully it continues to improve. Thanks for the drink recipe. Great news on DaVinci letting you pet him finally.

@smitty34877 I hope the hospice Doctor and Nurse were of some help. And I'm sad to hear that Tana is starting to show cold symptoms. I pray it's a mild cold if she does develop one. 

@RMLincoln I'm very glad that DH continues to do well. 

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you're feeling better today. 

@marshhawk Thanks for the photos from Turkey.

@rafinmd Thanks for all the maps. 

@aliaschief I hope you stay well.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I was feeling quite a lot of pain last night, and took diphenhydramine (Benadryl) for sleep. It worked, but I was wide awake by 5:00 a.m.

I’m glad you were able to sleep - even though it was too brief.  Hope the pain declines quickly 🤞 

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Yesterday I had less pain, and that felt amazing. I even did some extra stuff at PT, including getting on the bike.

So glad to hear this.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

But sleep last night was about the same, and the pain seems almost back to the usual level.

Damn on the pain coming back to the usual level 😔 What a shame.

I hope you can get some permanent relief soon 🤞 

• Like 17

Happy Wednesday!  It's in the high 30's right now, spring like!  I'll take it!  I appreciate my SS deposit every month, like everyone else, I contributed for a long time.  I'll say no to the food, and yes to the drink.  Don't remember having a brandy Alexander, but I do remember Grasshoppers!  Haven't been to the port, but the pictures all look very nice.  Thanks to all who share!  Safe travels for all who are cruising, @Cruzin Terrihave fun!  @smitty34877I pray Tana doesn't get sick.  Have a good day, Karen

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Rabbits, rabbits white rabbits this morning the first day of February.

Have not been to Belfast, but have visited many  other places in Ireland.

Will read all the posts later.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Going to be a beautiful day in Fakarava, French Polynesia. A tender port.

image.thumb.jpeg.ee41a11a4f0dfbfc9db43d342af279ee.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a7d61730c93bcb047c3ff441e8e09886.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.339642a264ed667269707338812dd92a.jpeg

Greatest place to snorkel in South Pacific. Though only 600 people live here, there is an airport. When I organized an all day snorkel tour in 2019 with 30 fellow CC members some were worried about getting back to ship on time. I said, “Don’t worry, there are direct flights from Fakarava to Los Angeles. The flight left yesterday and it only flies once a year!” 😀

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 7
  • Haha 12

37 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Rabbits, rabbits white rabbits this morning the first day of February.

Have not been to Belfast, but have visited many  other places in Ireland.

Will read all the posts later.

Where are y’all coming from?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Greatest place to snorkel in South Pacific. Though only 600 people live here, there is an airport. When I organized an all day snorkel tour in 2019 with 30 fellow CC members some were worried about getting back to ship on time. I said, “Don’t worry, there are direct flights from Fakarava to Los Angeles. The flight left yesterday and it only flies once a year!” 😀

Per Google there has been a population boost. Now a whopping 1,600. Awaiting to tender but have to wait for guest disembarking in Tahiti as their face to face immigration check is going slowly.

• Like 12

Good morning and thanks all!  

My recommendation for Belfast is the Crown Bar!   We so enjoyed meeting family. 
image.thumb.jpeg.4e4d2c4e1b9758ba6b7b4f2258135cde.jpeg

@RMLincolnalways appreciate your gentle and kind posts!  

Feeling very sad today, as one of our group of friends here, didn’t make it.  Life is short,  so here’s a rainbow that appeared unusually this morning.  

IMG_0459.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 22

27 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Feeling very sad today, as one of our group of friends here, didn’t make it.  Life is short

I am so very sorry to hear this, Brenda 😢. My condolences & prayers for  you and your friend’s family and friends.  🙏 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon from the beautiful Oceania Vista.

We had an uneventful embarkation.  Easy peasy.

I am realizing little things as we go along that I have to take charge of more and more things.

I unpacked for both of us.  He brought two pairs of gym shorts and one pair of dress shorts.  Now we have to buy at least another pair of dress shorts for him.  Arrrgh!  I can’t tell you how many pairs he has at home.

He must have brought 10 pairs of white sox.  Not sure when he is going to wear them.  Maybe we can go to the shop on the ship and exchange the sox for a pair of shorts???!!!  Fat chance.

This is all a learning curve for me.

We managed to get an extra reservation at the Italian restaurant tonight.  

I will take some photos late.  Right now. Jim is taking a nap.

Thanks again for all your wonderful Bon Voyage wishes.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good Afternoon, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I’m late today since somehow the kids let me sleep until 6 and then work kept me busy all day.  I’m hoping that Social Security is there for me in a few years.  @smitty34877 that is a beautiful cat.  @1ANGELCAT thank you for the news, I hope they can reopen soon.  I missed yesterday and wanted to wish everyone heading to Hawaii a fun and safe cruise.  Wishing everyone a good rest of the day.

image.png.badfbe8074cbfc52def99d4db2847d2f.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@Crazy For Cats, Jake, there was another fire late last night at Bird in Hand restaurant. It went to 2 alarms and burned through the roof. No further details at this time.

Oh no! I took my son there last year and he fell in love with Pennsylvania Dutch cooking. I hope they re-open soon!

Edited by NextOne
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

He must have brought 10 pairs of white sox.  Not sure when he is going to wear them.  Maybe we can go to the shop on the ship and exchange the sox for a pair of shorts???!!!  Fat chance.

This is all a learning curve for me.

Hang in there Terri.  It’s a learning curve.  I always asked my DD DH to put out what he wanted packed and I did the packing - not because of your reason but because I liked to cross pack and DD DH tended to over pack (21 shirts for a 20 day cruise??? - now many white shirts do you need 😂)

So, I would call him in and remind him of laundry and tell him to choose and whittle him down.

You can use cross packing as your excuse and do the same - for different reasons, of course.

I hope you have a lovely cruise.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1