The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday February 29th, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I will learn something digitally today. Am I supposed to make toast or raise a glass today - I will do whichever once I know. And pass on the meal, maybe try the drink (tbd pending the recipe), yes to the wine, not been to the port. I do like Mr Bowie's quote. Thank you @0106 for the clip. I am reminded of my dad when I think of David Bowie. My dad was a music director at a radio station; David Bowie stopped by the station during his 1st American tour, did an interview w/my dad and left my him an autographed poster. That poster was used to cover the window of his office door - I hope whoever found it appreciated it; if they sold it, please send us the $$ 😉 My dad's take away on meeting David Bowie- he's hard to understand and wears too much makeup 😆

Big days in history.

Today was my grandmothers birthday 🎂 Happy Birthday Neena. I wear her heart necklace each Leap Day, so she will be with me when I go to the eye doctor today.

Currently 43° headed to a rainy 54°. I hope it's not while I'm driving and there's close parking available at the doctors if it's raining then.

I reprinted all the LOA and Accommodation forms for the PCP and will stop by her office after I finish at eye doctor. That, work and a trip to Kroger gas station (today is last day to use $.50/gallon discount) is my schedule for today. 

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 🙏

20240229_054245.thumb.jpg.fe4acbed83d07b23f40888ecb5b90da5.jpg

Another leap day birthday!  Warm thoughts sent to you on this special day in your family history.  🎉 Very cool that you have your grandmother's heart necklace to wear.

9 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Breakfast Martini cocktail:

A breakfast martini is a marmalade cocktail with gin, marmalade, orange liqueur, and lemon juice, created by bartender Salvatore Calabrese. The drink was invented in 1996 at the Library Bar at the Lanesborough Hotel in London, England. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Gin
Ingredients: 1 spoon Orange marmalade, 2 shots (1 3/4 oz.) Gin, 3/4 shot (2/3 oz.) Cointreau or Triple sec, 3/4 shot Fresh lemon juice.
Preparation: Mix or shake in cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Strain into glass and serve.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Lemon twist
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 8.03.03 AM.png

I see they didn't include toast in the breakfast martini (thank goodness).  😂  Interesting about the marmalade though.

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Jacqui, thank you for today’s FR & D. Roy, thank you for our maps. 

Vanessa, I really love to read your posts about almost no pain! Praying that the numbness and tingling disappear, too and that you start getting more sleep. 

Once again, thank you all for keeping my Sister in your thoughts and prayers. She is off the ventilator. And right now the biggest concern in Afib, which they are trying to manage with meds.  She can’t even have ice chips until someone from Speech makes sure there was no damage from the ventilator tube. 

Her son came down from Boston and though he has some work to do, he is here and can see for himself how she is doing. Her daughter arrives on Saturday. 

I am tired. Emotionally and physically. But her place is cleaned up, her laundry is done and she doesn’t have any messes to come home to. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Terry, thinking of you and Tana.

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Bien Nacido Estate 2020 Pinot Noir (Santa Maria Valley)

This PN sounds lovely, but it is pricey. A decent number of distributors with online prices starting at $69.99.

Winemaker Notes

Classic Bien Nacido Pinot Noir aromas of cardamom, clove buds, dried brush and black cherry mingle with young wine characters like bubblegum and red licorice. Concentrated on the palate with suave tannins, balanced acidity and a clean long finish. Open this immediately and know the sweetness of the fruit will stay around for decades.

Professional Ratings

• 96Jeb Dunnuck

I loved the nose on the 2020 Estate Pinot Noir, which offers a wild assortment of red and black berries, sappy herbs, flowers, iron, and exotic baking spices. These carry to a medium-bodied, concentrated, focused, age-worthy Pinot Noir with beautiful depth of fruit, ripe tannins, and a great finish. Give it a year or two and enjoy over the following decade. I followed this bottle for multiple days, and it only got better. It’s unquestionably a thrilling, brilliant wine. This was all destemmed and spent 16 months in 43% new French oak.

• 95Tasting Panel

Scents of cherrywood and cinnamon spice are welcoming. Black cherry and pennyroyal mix the pleasures of fruitiness and savoriness, joining notes of soy sauce, sassafras, and mustard seed. Juicy and generous, with a glossy mouthfeel and a pop of white pepper on the finish.

• 94Wine Enthusiast

Creamy while detailed aromas of black cherry, loam and slate make for a very inviting and intriguing nose on this bottling. The palate lands with a bold richness, carrying fresh and vibrant flavors of black cherry and blackberry in a hedonistic vintage for this estate.

• 93Wine & Spirits

Brooding and controlled, this wine has a peppery reductive note to go along with tobacco scents. Its translucent red shade is intriguing and pretty, with rosy cherry and strawberry flavors, a flower-petal bitterness and fine tannins. It opens appreciably with air, still reserved and recessive within its cool texture.

Ann, try to get some rest now.  It's so good of you to be with your Sis in her time of need on surgery day, and the help with cleaning and laundry at her apartment.  I hope she continues to recover and heal so she can come home quickly.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Leap Day everyone, celebrate it as you wish.  I can always do a little digital learning, just wish DH would do the same so I don't always have to stop what I'm doing to help him out of his crisis of the moment.  I think I'll have toast with yogurt this morning.

It's warmed up considerably from the past 2 days; currently we're sitting at -13C (8F) and it's predicted we could have a high of +3 (37F), but that remains to be seen.  The weather here can turn on a dime, so you go out prepared for anything.  Yesterday DH was looking for a toque and couldn't find a single one - they were split between our two vehicles, all 8 of them.  

@puppycanducruise wishing your dear brother a Happy Angel Birthday.

@cat shepardI hope your DS is improving after her surgery.

@bennybearsending healing vibes to your DGS's companion lab.

Today I'm having lunch with a soon to be retired colleague; she wants to get together to talk about travel that she'd like to do with her DH . . . of course, I'll extol the virtues of HAL for her!   They've only cruised one time on Carnival, and that was a number of years ago, so I think she'd really appreciate the HAL experience.

The drink of the day sounds interesting, one I might try on a BHB if I don't have to pay for it outright and didn't like it.  I'm pretty sure I'd like the wine, and would like to try the menu suggestion - love using the slow cooker.  Yesterday I froze the rest of the borscht I'd made so we don't have to eat it for a week, so for tonight I've got some ground beef thawing that will be cooked and made into soft shelled tacos that we can enjoy at the kitchen table.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and who just needs a lift.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. The wind was howling last night and it is still quite gusty.

Many years ago DD DH and I took teenaged DD and Tana to see David Bowie. It was one of the best concerts ever and he certainly was never boring.

@cat shepard, I am so happy to read that your sister is progressing and her son is here for her as well. It is exhausting to support a hospital patient as well as clean up her home. Tana and I always appreciate your good wishes. I hope you all get a chance to rest today.

Today I am thinking about getting the ingredients for the recipe and making it  tomorrow. Thank you for the recipes Debbie @dfish

@puppycanducruise, Melanie, I am thinking of you today as you remember your brother.

@rafinmd, I hope the medication change helps you to feel better and that the valve clinic is beneficial.

Please take care today. It is quite the world we are living in these days.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

This is also a leap year in the Jewish religious calendar, but in that calendar, a leap year adds an entire month. That's because it's based on the lunar cycle, and a lunar month is 29.5 days and the lunar year would be only 355 days. To keep the calendars from getting too far out of sync, because Jewish holidays are seasonal (Passover must be in the spring, for example), a month is added seven times in 13 years.

I'm enrolled in two online courses and teaching one. I probably won't have toast today, although I could.

No jambalaya, please, and also no breakfast martini. The most expensive FL pinot noir I could find was Nathan K at $31.95.

Most of what I know about the Panama Canal is from Arsenic and Old Lace, both the 1944 film and from a stage production in which I acted, although not in the role of Teddy. I'll see the actual canal, not the imaginary one in the play, in December.

AutoCorrect.thumb.jpg.d44385da956e8f62e0c1f8e9fff42410.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 13

Happy Thursday Morning Dailyites!  It's off to see my diabetes dietician today, first time in more than three years, as she retired, didn't like retirement, found out the offices were not supporting the diabetes community, and has come back, it took me since May to get an appointment.  The woman is in demand!

OK, I was either asleep or losing my mind, the Concerto I heard the other night, was Schumann's Cello concerto.  I thought the history of the piece was interesting, as when Schumann wrote it in 1850  there was no soloist to do a world premiere.  It took almost 50 years before the piece was actually performed. Our soloist was Guang Wang.  He played with such heart!

Yesterdays blustery day was interesting, I watched the branches on the trees blow from the west to the east for a while, and then the branches went east to west.  And the temps dropped quickly!

I now have two solid repeat visitors each morning.  Uggles, and the little Munchkin. (she is so tiny).  And Tigger has the porch, until all the "feeders" are gone.  I can now pet Munchkin, but Uggles is way too wild to even attempt.  Her need for food allows for the petting.

Now that I am up and going on the internet, DH and I are catching up with what we have been missing on Britbox-Father Brown, Death in Paradise and a new season of Vera.  Life is getting back to the old normal, but we are missing our daily walks in the woods. that we did when we had no TV.  or work.

2pjeox.jpg

d4b8bd9f4884fa4103c29b74d45d2688.jpg

• Like 24
  • Haha 3

Good morning Dailyites!!!

I was able to like Gerry's post, so I'm hoping I'm out of hot water.

I have missed ya'll. I have said my Daily prayers for all on our care list. I have read most of the posts and send condolences and celebrations. 

It's been busy around our house. I have spring fever and moved all the lanterns and cushions out to the patio and everything looks clean and shiny. Only problem is today's high is 49 with chance if rain, but tomorrow promises a 75 degree day. I have to pull myself away from all the beautiful flowers and tell myself not yet!! The closets are cleaned and donations ready for drop off. The garage is all finished, the racks are put together and filled. Elvis (golf cart) is washed and I ordered wax from Amaz..

We've been to several doctors appointments and several follow ups. My SH (sweet husband) has an eczema flare up and is getting shots and wallowing in ointments. I think he's starting to turn the corner. 

Yesterday we drove to a friends house in Pflugerville and they drove us to Camp Mabrey. My Deers/ military ID expired. Well, when we arrived the system was down (nationally) so we went to lunch, called the base, system still down.. will try another day.

Last night my girlfriend came by with a big pan of paella. She asked where the other girls were, and I said "sweetie, it's Wednesday". She thought it was game night (Thursday) we had a good laugh, a glass of wine, and put the paella in the fridge for tonight.

20240228_174118.thumb.jpg.aa74cc1ec98414f491e37c26c74840bc.jpg

Little Oliver is trying so hard to be a good boy. He knows enough commands now (and practices them when he wants to) He has a new golf cart seat and always wants to ride on Elvis. He's a character. 

20240208_165834.thumb.jpg.9efe1e822da42fc3a3cb8848cb7a50c6.jpg

20240221_161353.thumb.jpg.276c779e07e8085bef9d73d39135868b.jpg

Jazzy, Ron is scheduled in the next few weeks for a pet scan and a hospital stay MRI. Thanking all for prayers. His Alzheimers is a concern and we really noticed it yesterday. 

Thinking of you all and wishing you a blessed day. I pray my post goes through!

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I'll celebrate National Toast Day, National Digital Learning, not sure about National Leap Day but things would get really weird without it.

I like the David Bowie quote and will celebrate both of the days in history, especially the Panama Canal.

I think this may be the first ever listing of any port for Vanautu.  I have not been to Port Vila but have been to Mystery Island on the Crystal Serenity in 2018.

I'll pass on the meal and no alternative photo.  I have never been on a BHB on February 29 so my actual alternative will be Assorted mixed greens, Grilled Vlack Angus Filet Steak with mashed potatoes and Cherry Garcia Ice Cream) as served on Crystal Symphony February 29, 2016.  My Fantasy alternative is Supreme of Hawaiin Fruit, Veal Parmigana, and Mango Blueberry Crisp as served on MS Volendam February 29, 2024 and posted on Rich's live report.

A cold morning and will be a blustery afternoon.  I suspect it may have just been a random variable but my walk in our mall this morning felt a bit better than yesterday.

Roy

• Like 26

The rain stopped yesterday afternoon but the clouds are with us and the temp dropped from 60s to 20s. I’m glad to be able to walk inside to my dental appt this afternoon- here all the buildings are connected by what I call sky bridges, they call them links. 

@puppycanducruise So sorry you lost your brother so young. 

@ottahand7 Good you made South Bend, not far now!  Hope the weather holds for you and no surprises upon arrival!  

@Nickelpenny Thanks for sharing your experiences!  I’m enjoying it with you! 

@dfish Nice to have heat working!  
@rafinmd Not the best news for you but not the worst either!  Sounds like there will be good options if needed. 

We were in Port Vila Vanuatu on our way to Sydney 2013 on Volendam. We docked, walked into town through a gauntlet of aggressive vendors and walked back, tried to find a monument on a hill that nobody we asked knew about but it was mentioned in my guide book- found it behind a bank. I wish I had a picture to share of the colorful fishing boats. That’s about all I remember. We took the ship to Sydney as cheap, comfortable transportation. DH didn’t want to do the long flight in economy so I looked at business class…. that was $16,000 for the 2 of us but the cruise was only $4000+tips inside room, 21 days. An inside room was a lot more comfortable than an economy seat!  We enjoyed the passage enough to do Tales of the South Pacific next!  

Finally got a brief update last night on DSIL, that she was stabilized enough to be moved to the Rehab facility yesterday. From there a medical transport will take her for treatments or scans. I’m sure my family is relieved because they couldn’t have managed it. It’s not clear how this next phase will play out. 

I made progress too yesterday, another appt on the calendar and some more medical forms filled out online. Got into the gastro portal; the radiology portal kicked me out. I’ll try again today, I hope I don’t have to call them again and wait on hold but that might be easier than the frustrating portal. DH is trying to find last year’s tax file which is not in the file cabinet…. so could it have been packed somewhere else for the move? Oiy. 

Today DH tapers down another notch on steroid eye drops, another step!  Pressure has been measurable and holding, next week another checkup. Still on physical restrictions. It’s possible they could leave the second suture closed, or maybe open it in a month or two but we’re good for now. Thanks Vanessa, and all for your support. 

Blessings to all our Daily family, all on our Care list, all in need of healing, comfort or hope, and for all the sadness and strife in the world. 
Toasts 🥂 (It is Toast Day right?) to all celebrating. 
Smooth travels to all away, especially our cruisers!

Maureen 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Today's sunrise is from my 2020 Crystal Serenity World Cruise segment.  On February 29 we were supposed to call at Hobart, Australia but did not get there due to storms:

dawn0229.jpg

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

HAPPY LEAP DAY!

Good morning from a sunny and calm Quartzsite.  It was 47F when I got up with a predicted high of 76F.  Unfortunately, our wind will return with a high of 14mph.  By Saturday, the wind is predicted to be 22 mph.  This morning it is time to clean the house, so I'll get started as soon as I finish here.

Digital learning is important as is toast.  I'll be having toast for breakfast a little later.

The David  Bowie quote is interesting.  Thank you, Tina @0106 for the explanation of the quote.

I might try one of the Jambalaya recipes.  I imagine DH would add hot sauce to his serving.  We'll pass on the drink.  The wine sounds nice, but a bit pricey.

We have not been to Vanuatu.

The formation of the Panama Canal Commission was important.  The Oscar win for Hattie McDaniel was a step forward of minority actors and actresses, but sadly it was too long until another Oscar went to a person of color.

@kazu Jacqui, the Koningsdam's schedule might change since they had to return to Kona for a double medical disembarkation.  Evidently, they could not do the helicopter disembarkation but had to use a tender instead.

@puppycanducruise  Melanie, out thoughts are with you on what would have been your brother's birthday.

@dfish Debbie, I'm glad the heater is still working.

@ottahand7  Nancy, safe travels today to your home.

@cat shepard  Ann, I'm glad your DS is making progress and that her son is with her and her daughter will arrive Saturday.  It was nice of you to clean your sister's place and do her laundry.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope you and Chuck @catmando can find time to continue your walks.  Good luck with the dietician today.

@Seasick Sailor  Welcome back, Joy.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm glad today's walk seemed easier.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I'm glad your DH's eye pressure is stable.  I hope you find the tax return.

@AV8rix  Susan, so far I've escaped arrest and time in The Walls in Huntsville since I must have beans (pinto) in my chili.  BTW, they sell chili "fixins" with beans in Texas.

427683036_923506613121386_6625674607019952201_n.jpg.061521c3530833f98afe72c55e844944.jpg

428612827_978944253659269_5569988522083672114_n.jpg.c415442a445f1eebdeae9c37e8722451.jpg

428635114_805646911435834_4934508552372745509_n.jpg.04ab15644ab3337cf154b0efb23adfcf.jpg

428647251_10230789412932048_8289441333352368963_n.jpg.3beeb380634ff3e4e8ccccbc5bc6123a.jpg

429654698_377599745219091_1816776094344738386_n.jpg.95c01aa2b2b20ae2ac966ace0575c361.jpg

429688521_709822317980248_3571530426229678980_n.jpg.8e502e562969a43f15220b152f555bce.jpg

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Happy Leap Day! Any Dailyite Feb 29 birthdays out there? I'll salute Digital Learning and Toast (bread or with a drink). Nice quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine if someone is buying. I haven't been to Port Vila. 2 important days in history.

It's sunny, but cold (23F). It's 30° colder today than yesterday morning, and with the wind chill 40° colder, due to high winds and a cold front! But 69 by Monday, go figure. I slept about 5 hours, but woke up with some leg pain. Not bad, and it went away when I sat up in bed. Hopefully I don't keep having more symptoms; that was my fear when they couldn't drain/rupture the spine cyst. But I'm grateful for the pain relief I do have. Today more drawer organizing. I hope to hear from the renovator soon, regarding the radiator and cleaning the living room (I won't move stuff back in until it's cleaned). 

Yesterday morning I got a scare as I looked at my outside camera clips, and someone was walking through my yard at 4:59AM! His head was down looking at his phone, and he seemed oblivious of the outdoor floodlamp that had come on from his motion. I think the was just cutting through, but I need to go out and check the 1 back gate I can't see from inside. Probably innocent, but scary when you live alone, regardless.

@puppycanducruise Happy Heavenly Birthday to your DB.

@grapau27 The news was saying that was an Irish thing on Leap day, or is it a UK thing?

@Nickelpenny Thanks for sharing photos from your cruise.

@Haljo1935 Happy Heavenly Birthday to your DGM. 

@dfish Great the heat is working, with your cold weather. I'm glad you're making some headway with the billing issue. Thanks for the recipes.

@cat shepard Good news that DSis is off the vent. Prayers for her continued recovery. So great of you to have her place ready when she returns.

@Sir PMP Nice photos.

@kochleffel Thanks for the information about the Jewish calendar. Wow an extra month that often.

@marshhawk I hope the visit to the dietician will be helpful; most of us know what we should be doing, it's doing it that's hard.

@Seasick Sailor Welcome back! You were missed. I hope Allen's eczema treatments work quickly. Cute outfits for Oliver. 

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps. I hope the changes in meds the Cardiologist made help you to feel as good as possible.

@RMLincoln Good to hear that DSIL was stable enough to go to Rehab. I'm glad DH gets to lower the steroid drops another notch. Prayers for a good checkup next week.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast 😜 to those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

45 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Happy Leap Day! Any Dailyite Feb 29 birthdays out there? I'll salute Digital Learning and Toast (bread or with a drink). Nice quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine if someone is buying. I haven't been to Port Vila. 2 important days in history.

It's sunny, but cold (23F). It's 30° colder today than yesterday morning, and with the wind chill 40° colder, due to high winds and a cold front! But 69 by Monday, go figure. I slept about 5 hours, but woke up with some leg pain. Not bad, and it went away when I sat up in bed. Hopefully I don't keep having more symptoms; that was my fear when they couldn't drain/rupture the spine cyst. But I'm grateful for the pain relief I do have. Today more drawer organizing. I hope to hear from the renovator soon, regarding the radiator and cleaning the living room (I won't move stuff back in until it's cleaned). 

Yesterday morning I got a scare as I looked at my outside camera clips, and someone was walking through my yard at 4:59AM! His head was down looking at his phone, and he seemed oblivious of the outdoor floodlamp that had come on from his motion. I think the was just cutting through, but I need to go out and check the 1 back gate I can't see from inside. Probably innocent, but scary when you live alone, regardless.

@puppycanducruise Happy Heavenly Birthday to your DB.

@grapau27 The news was saying that was an Irish thing on Leap day, or is it a UK thing?

@Nickelpenny Thanks for sharing photos from your cruise.

@Haljo1935 Happy Heavenly Birthday to your DGM. 

@dfish Great the heat is working, with your cold weather. I'm glad you're making some headway with the billing issue. Thanks for the recipes.

@cat shepard Good news that DSis is off the vent. Prayers for her continued recovery. So great of you to have her place ready when she returns.

@Sir PMP Nice photos.

@kochleffel Thanks for the information about the Jewish calendar. Wow an extra month that often.

@marshhawk I hope the visit to the dietician will be helpful; most of us know what we should be doing, it's doing it that's hard.

@Seasick Sailor Welcome back! You were missed. I hope Allen's eczema treatments work quickly. Cute outfits for Oliver. 

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps. I hope the changes in meds the Cardiologist made help you to feel as good as possible.

@RMLincoln Good to hear that DSIL was stable enough to go to Rehab. I'm glad DH gets to lower the steroid drops another notch. Prayers for a good checkup next week.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast 😜 to those Celebrating.

Screenshot_20240229_162354.jpg

Screenshot_20240229_162420.jpg

Screenshot_20240229_162512.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 11

One of my course assignments for this semester is to spend time in 10 natural settings and document them with photographs (of flora and fauna, not of oneself). It would be difficult in this climate to begin with--although the school is in Connecticut, I think that the professor created this assignment at a previous job in California.

It's turning out especially hard for me because I've been ill for the entire semester so far, and the assignment is due in April. So far I have only one, on St. Thomas. I'm treating this as eligible because international students are allowed to include a site in their home countries, and although we hadn't yet had a class session, the semester had begun. There is extra credit for a species that one hadn't seen before, and I'm going to include a brown anole.

• Like 22

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites!!!

I was able to like Gerry's post, so I'm hoping I'm out of hot water.

I have missed ya'll. I have said my Daily prayers for all on our care list. I have read most of the posts and send condolences and celebrations. 

It's been busy around our house. I have spring fever and moved all the lanterns and cushions out to the patio and everything looks clean and shiny. Only problem is today's high is 49 with chance if rain, but tomorrow promises a 75 degree day. I have to pull myself away from all the beautiful flowers and tell myself not yet!! The closets are cleaned and donations ready for drop off. The garage is all finished, the racks are put together and filled. Elvis (golf cart) is washed and I ordered wax from Amaz..

We've been to several doctors appointments and several follow ups. My SH (sweet husband) has an eczema flare up and is getting shots and wallowing in ointments. I think he's starting to turn the corner. 

Yesterday we drove to a friends house in Pflugerville and they drove us to Camp Mabrey. My Deers/ military ID expired. Well, when we arrived the system was down (nationally) so we went to lunch, called the base, system still down.. will try another day.

Last night my girlfriend came by with a big pan of paella. She asked where the other girls were, and I said "sweetie, it's Wednesday". She thought it was game night (Thursday) we had a good laugh, a glass of wine, and put the paella in the fridge for tonight.

20240228_174118.thumb.jpg.aa74cc1ec98414f491e37c26c74840bc.jpg

Little Oliver is trying so hard to be a good boy. He knows enough commands now (and practices them when he wants to) He has a new golf cart seat and always wants to ride on Elvis. He's a character. 

20240208_165834.thumb.jpg.9efe1e822da42fc3a3cb8848cb7a50c6.jpg

20240221_161353.thumb.jpg.276c779e07e8085bef9d73d39135868b.jpg

Jazzy, Ron is scheduled in the next few weeks for a pet scan and a hospital stay MRI. Thanking all for prayers. His Alzheimers is a concern and we really noticed it yesterday. 

Thinking of you all and wishing you a blessed day. I pray my post goes through!

I am so happy to read your post Joy @Seasick Sailor.

Best wishes to yourself and Allen.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all! 
@puppycanducruise special heavenly birthday to your brother, gone way too soon! I am truly sorry your family had to suffer such a loss! 

@Haljo1935special heavenly birthday to your grandmother.  

@cat shepard I am glad your sister is recovering,  hope the AFib can be easily dealt with.   Pace yourself,  sending hugs! 
@JazzyV so glad you are progressing! 
@rafinmdyou're in my thoughts,hope the referral is helpful. 
Good to see @marshhawkand @Seasick Sailor posting!

Thanks for the kind wishes for DGD’s Labrador,  he had the emergency surgery yesterday and it went well.  He has to stay at the animal hospital for a day or two as it was pretty major.   I am so thankful as the loss of her first two year old Lab, was very traumatic.  Also thankful, they had pet insurance!

Unfortunately, we had a midnight visit of the Koningsdam last night due to a medical evacuation.  Hoping the patients recover quickly! 

We had a fabulous day visiting Hilo, and later the summit of Mauna Kea for sunset was sublime. You are above the clouds.

IMG_0853.jpeg

IMG_0870.jpeg

IMG_0857.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good Afternoon everyone,

We made it home yesterday and I was so tired.  We just had sandwiches for dinner. Too tired to cook and too tired to go out.

Thank you to all who contribute to this thread and keep it going.

Today we are expecting the area rug for the living room.  We ordered it in August and was supposed to have it by Thanksgiving.  That didn’t happen.  Then it was Christmas.  It finally came in while we were on our cruise.

The phone call yesterday said they would be delivering it between 11:30 am and 1 pm.  Well, it is now 1:28 pm and there is no sign of them.  We will see what happens. I spent the morning cleaning the Living Room floor.  It hadn’t been done since before we went on our cruise. Don’t want a new rug on a dirty floor.

As for my visit to the Mayo.  There was no tear or fracture of my shoulder.  Just arthritis.  My PMR numbers are down to normal.  However, the Doc wants to stay on the Prednisone until I see the Rheumatologist.  We will see where we go from there. I am hoping to be off the meds all together in a short time.  Hopefully with no flare-ups.

We’ll see what time the delivery guys show up.

Have a great day everyone and thank you all for your concerns.

Terri

• Like 23