Poll: If Celebrity offered Captain's Club loyalty points if you signed up for their branded credit card, might you do it?

Stockjock

Posted (edited)

As you may know, Celebrity has a house-branded credit card, and typically they offer something like $200 or $300 in OBC if you sign up for it.  But let's say they sweetened the pot, and in addition to the OBC bonus, they offered some Captain's Club loyalty points, let's say 50, and perhaps they could tie that to an initial spend challenge, perhaps spending $2,500 in the first 3 months or so.  Would that make you more likely to sign up for their card?

It seems to me as if they'd get a lot of new credit card business if they tried this.  I know that the airlines make big money on their house-branded credit cards.

What do you think?

Edited by Stockjock

I would sign up for the card if it included travel insurance like some other cards.  Captain's Club points isn't enough of an incentive for me.  We are currently Elite.  I'd have to take another 5 cruises per year for the next 5 years to get to Zenith so 50 points won't move the needle much.  And I don't cruise based on loyalty.  I go where the best deal happens to be for the level of service we desire.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

How does this work?

Based on how many points you have, you can redeem for OBC, $$$ off balance and other options.  You earn one point for each $ spent…two points for a Celebrity purchase.

I understand there are other travel credit cards; this one works well for me. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have the Costco Visa card and the Chase Sapphire Preferred  card which I use for travel. Both have many advantages when compared to the Celebrity card. 

Edited by Orator
  • Like 3

No interest in getting a credit card for OBC or points that can be applied to cruise travel because we don’t cruise enough.

The best “ Thanks for your business “ is the return from Big Box Travel ( 8-9% of total cost of cruise returned in a Gift Card ).

Also, 3% of the cost is added to your membership account which is returned to holder once per year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

As you may know, Celebrity has a house-branded credit card, and typically they offer something like $200 or $300 in OBC if you sign up for it.  But let's say they sweetened the pot, and in addition to the OBC bonus, they offered some Captain's Club loyalty points, let's say 50, and perhaps they could tie that to an initial spend challenge, perhaps spending $2,500 in the first 3 months or so.  Would that make you more likely to sign up for their card?

It seems to me as if they'd get a lot of new credit card business if they tried this.  I know that the airlines make big money on their house-branded credit cards.

What do you think?

In what country does Celebrity have a credit card 🤔

The B of A Celebrity credit card is a terrible travel card. I can’t think of a number of Captain’s Club points that would overcome that. Certainly not 50 points. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

The B of A Celebrity credit card is a terrible travel card. I can’t think of a number of Captain’s Club points that would overcome that. Certainly not 50 points. 

Ok then, 100 points?

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

What do you think?

Did you actually create a poll?

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Ok then, 100 points?

You have got to be kidding.  Move on.  You have your answer. There are many better opportunities for rewards out there.

NOT INTERESTED in more marketing..just  improve the actual product!

Years ago  we used to have a BOA Celeb card and a BOA  Royal Card.

When X or BOA decided to end the Celeb card we had to use or lose our accrued points on their timetable  ...The break up was a raw deal  for us. We  still have the former X related  card..now named something else..hardly used.

We  no longer cruise on Royal,  but still use the Royal Card to accrue some OBC, usable on X...not our main card.

• Like 1