The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday April 28th, 2024

Happy Sunday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Expecting temps in the 80s. What? Summer already. I was hoping for an extended Spring. Oh well. I have to do some indoor cleaning today. When you have 3 cats and a dog, vacuuming is a must. I might get out and finish weeding. The meal of the day is interesting. I use a lot of beans in my cooking. I also use spinach and have made spinach and pasta meals. I wouldn't be against adding beans as well. I also happen to like martinis. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Sunday Mornings Be Like meme - Chameleon Memes

• Like 29

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Tina, Ann, Dixie, and Granam/Father David

Three great days to celebrate and I love the quote.  The first night flight was a real milestone for something that is an everyday event now.  I remember many years ago when air fares were more transparent and there were actual published fares for city pairs, and there was a separate reduced fare for night coach.

I visited Kobe in 2013 as embarkation port on a Crystal Serenity trans Pacific.  I’ll try to find a few pictures after church.

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is a Custom Lido Omelet as served for my last breakfast on MS Zaandam April 28, 2017.

Still quite a chilly morning but it will warm up to almost 80 in the afternoon.

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good morning Daily-ites 

Oh my goodness!! We are having one heck of thunderstorms and pounding rain. Our sweet Oliver is hugging next to me with his baby blanket. He's probably wondering how in the world he can go out to pee in THIS weather!

Thank you Graham for Father David's message. 

Roy, Thank you so much for the time lines! I remember the day the Daily was changed over from the Fleet Report. @DeeniEncinitas and I enriched our sisterhood. ❤️ 

This afternoon we are going to a birthday party and it will be catered, so whatever they serve will be dinner. 

Thoughts and prayers for all on our care list, and "ching ching" for the celebrations!

Thank you to Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, Ann, Tina and Roy for your contributions. 

Have a wonderful Sunday! Blessings!!

Edited by Seasick Sailor
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Today's sunrise is from my 2019 Nieuw Statendam transatlantic, Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam.  On April 28 we visited Praia da Vitoria.

dawn0428.jpg

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning,

We had a very noisy night with all the thunder. The worst of the storm went to the south of us. We did get much needed rain. My DIL is very nervous when it storms and did not let the kids spend the night. There was much complaining and crying when they had to leave. My prayers go out to those affected by the storm. More bad weather predicted for today. 

Have a great Sunday. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. It will go up to 77 later. I have  not been to the port but like the quote and the days. I look forward to the recipes.

i seem to have injured my left shoulder and scapular region over the past few days. The pain is quite unignorable! That probably isn’t  an actual word. I think I also have an RA flare going on. Thank goodness the aide was able to come at short notice as I am less than useful. 
take care all

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a very soggy central Texas.  Thunder, lightning and heavy rain woke me up a little before 6am.  The worst of the storm lasted until about 7:30.  Looking at the radar, we'll get more rain for about another hour or so.  It is currently 64F down from 68F at 6am.  Our high is predicted to be 78F.

Yesterday afternoon, I made the dough for the Chocolate Snickerdoodles Karen @luvteaching shared with us.  I'll bake the cookies this morning.

We will honor all three days, but I think the hardest to deal with is Brave Hearts Day for the families of children battling cancer.  Childhood cancer seems much worse than cancer in adults, but it's a nasty disease anytime.  Superheroes and Occupational Safety and Health day are just as important.

The Lou Holtz quote is true, but the percentages could be different for different people.

We'll skip the meal and the drink.  I'd like taste the wine, but not at that price.

We have not been to Kobe, although we were closed when we were in Osaka and Kyoto.

The first night flight by Claude Graham-White was very daring just seven years after the Wright Brothers first flight.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope today is a calm, relaxing day.  

@grapau27  Again, thanks for the information on the days today, Graham.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad the weekend is going well for you.

@rafinmd  Roy, thank you for the interesting time line of the evolution of the Fleet Report to The Daily and then the Fleet Report and Daily.  Thank you.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I hope your plant sale goes well and that you have a lot of buyers. Beautiful tulips, which we can't grow here.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, that was some storm this morning.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, I hope you stay safe from all the storms that keep popping up.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry you hurt your shoulder and have a RA flare.  I'm glad the aide could come last night.  Are you going to an urgent care to see about your shoulder?

438716949_495792682994241_4390271606865726837_n.jpg.6d40b944b2dd119f103c76eb38a9e24e.jpg

438729959_394252500159868_3288294639646701081_n.jpg.11e4e287ab76df7b51b85f67e2d38ee6.jpg

438802349_122143460048147421_6608575010366979412_n.jpg.9d6a7d1787a40b522f899932e62d9c76.jpg

439268087_821778876641854_8209454279235635032_n.jpg.576c356930dc4521362fb31dcbe6e4b6.jpg

439276909_837098245111352_977605937219629842_n.jpg.d7ec6e81a3edb807833dfe52c2c5a47e.jpg

439893979_122140707194047772_3544322818363528265_n.jpg.68059fc792077ac8cda8e391f015396f.jpg

439631818_944474577687365_2614085953059889513_n.jpg.35a6a2145313e698520b3caff8976cba.jpg

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Great respect for the Brave Hearts - those dealing with pediatric cancer and those dealing with childhood sexual abuse.  I salute all the superheroes who came to the fore during Covid 19; we appreciated everyone from the janitors and truck drivers to the protective services and medical professions, and everyone in between.  I was on the OH&S committee at the court house - we actually had an incident where a guard got her long hair caught in a jail cell lock.  That made for an interesting discussion. LOL

It looks like the rain is pretty widespread, as it's raining here on the "frozen tundra" as well!  According to a couple of the weather sites, it should continue for the next few hours, which won't be a bad thing.  As long as it's raining, it isn't freezing!  

@Cruzin TerriI'm sorry to hear about Jim's friend's passing.

@JazzyVI hope you had another good night of restful sleep.

@RMLincolnthinking of you as you prepare for your DSIL's funeral.

@rafinmdthanks for posting the timeline of the FR&D! I remember the zoom call that you arranged for us during Covid - it was so nice seeing faces and hearing voices that we'd previously only been able to read.

This morning I think it's going to be time spent cleaning the winter dirt and dust off the deck and getting it ready for use for the next number of months.  I'll bring up the big central vac hose and get into all the nooks and crannies, then take the dusting brush and go over the flat surfaces before getting out the glass cleaner for the mirror plates that go under candles, etc.   The windows will be left for another time, as that's a major job and after doing all the moving of furniture, etc., I'm not going to start that.

Shortly after noon we'll be meeting our friends Wayne & Fran for brunch and will catch up on what they've been doing.  I know he's been having health issues lately, so I want to find out what's happening with him since his A-fib diagnosis.

I'll pass on the Riesling, but would like to try the cocktail (a very simple recipe!).  Neither of us is a huge fan of beans, so will likely pass on the menu suggestion.  DH has asked for something simple to make for dinner, hot dogs, so I'll split them and cook them in the air fryer.  Instead of using bulky hot dog buns, we'll wrap them in tortilla shells and will serve them along with crunchy coleslaw at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in turmoil.   Cheers to all who have celebrations happening today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 31

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  Computer says its 64 and sunny...a minute ago it said 65.  I wonder where my weather actually comes from....

@grapau27Thank you for bringing us Father David.

I knew that we had an early appointment tomorrow morning in Midtown, but DH told me at 11 last night, that he had a 7:40 appointment  Wednesday morning on the north side of town which takes a REAL hour to get to.  Especially since one of the bridges that crosses over the highway is under repair for 3 months, and everyone who uses that bridge will be using the one that I need to take.  Add that to working until 9 the night before, I am trying to harvest as much sleep as I can.  But right now him seeing this doc is VERY important.  So a late start today.  I told the furbabies to let me sleep until at least 8, and they did.

ec279758963a0117f9d9341c0650be77.jpg

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and if you are in the path of the storms, please be safe!

c1c8b3f3dd1a5664eb247c8a32611685.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

ScreenShot2024-04-28at06_47_49.png.429dd70e182420a718995e12c56f164f.png

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  A nice way to start my day.  It will be warmer today than yesterday.  Presently 52F heading up to ~80F under - wait for it - sunny skies!  LOL!! Birds are chirping away outside; I think they are complaining because their feeder is empty.  🥴

ScreenShot2024-04-27at15_27_14.thumb.png.b7a5ab4ca782f4a28ab3e6abbb268821.png

Three good days to celebrate, not sure I agree with the percentages on the quote, pass on all the food and drink, never been to Kobe, and I love red eye flights!!

ScreenShot2024-04-27at15_24_31.png.15ffd9e7ca7e4920708b8d4fd6033c8b.png

Was thinking about my plan on making a table top with my Delf tiles yesterday and came up with another idea.  I have a hutch that needs to be refinished (which I plan on doing myself - maybe).  It is very, very heavy so I don't move it frequently.  The top is the part that needs refinishing the most and what if I used the tiles there?  I think it would work.  I will have to measure it and see if I can make it work.  People have given me their tiles so I do have a good assortment.  We will see.

IMG_7781.thumb.JPG.1a8b0d13d64b55eb418f09b476b0d484.JPG

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a good day everyone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today is the 5th anniversary of @richwmn  starting the Fleet Report, Daily, and finally Fleet Report and Daily.  Here are some key dates:

December 31, 2018 @luv2trvll’s last Fleet Location as his source of data disappears

April 27, 2019: Rich puts out feeler on Fleet Locations but had no takers

April 28, 2019: Rich’s first Fleet Report

June 1, 2019 @kazu was first guest host of the Fleet report

Approx December 25, 2019 first “Today is” Starting with Christmas and holidays but something else added for regular days.

March 16, 2020: First appearance of “The Daily” There was not really a change in the substance for a while but March 16 did add a discussion of various possibilities

Other milestones in the Daily:

April 5, 2020: First Meal Suggestion and quote

June 23, 2020: First wine suggestion

June 29, 2020 Maps become a regular feature of the daily

July 9, 2020: My first sunrise

July 10, 2020: First care list

July 27, 2020: First wine review by @cat shepard

August 5, 2020: First alternative meal

August 8: 2020 First shoutout list

September 1, 2020 First Drink AND Drink Review

December 26, 2020: Dailyite Meet and Greet on Zoom

January 27, 2021: Debbie’s first meal review

February 1, 2021, First Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

March 1, 2021 First Destination of the Day

July 24, 2021, First BHB with Passengers Lafnvegas onboard

July 31, 2021, First regularly dailyite on board Crazy for Cats Nieuw Amsterdam

January 18, 2022: Father David’s first sermon on the Daily

June 19, 2022: First Fleet Report and Daily

January 28, 2023 @JazzyV takes over the Care and Celebration lists

January 25, 2024 First Alternative Maps with cruiser names

Roy

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today is the 5th anniversary of @richwmn  starting the Fleet Report, Daily, and finally Fleet Report and Daily.  Here are some key dates:

December 31, 2018 @luv2trvll’s last Fleet Location as his source of data disappears

April 27, 2019: Rich puts out feeler on Fleet Locations but had no takers

April 28, 2019: Rich’s first Fleet Report

June 1, 2019 @kazu was first guest host of the Fleet report

Approx December 25, 2019 first “Today is” Starting with Christmas and holidays but something else added for regular days.

March 16, 2020: First appearance of “The Daily” There was not really a change in the substance for a while but March 16 did add a discussion of various possibilities

Other milestones in the Daily:

April 5, 2020: First Meal Suggestion and quote

June 23, 2020: First wine suggestion

June 29, 2020 Maps become a regular feature of the daily

July 9, 2020: My first sunrise

July 10, 2020: First care list

July 27, 2020: First wine review by @cat shepard

August 5, 2020: First alternative meal

August 8: 2020 First shoutout list

September 1, 2020 First Drink AND Drink Review

December 26, 2020: Dailyite Meet and Greet on Zoom

January 27, 2021: Debbie’s first meal review

February 1, 2021, First Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

March 1, 2021 First Destination of the Day

July 24, 2021, First BHB with Passengers Lafnvegas onboard

July 31, 2021, First regularly dailyite on board Crazy for Cats Nieuw Amsterdam

January 18, 2022: Father David’s first sermon on the Daily

June 19, 2022: First Fleet Report and Daily

January 28, 2023 @JazzyV takes over the Care and Celebration lists

January 25, 2024 First Alternative Maps with cruiser names

Roy

Roy, what no milestone date for RedneckBob’s first post on the Daily! 😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

Posted (edited)

I knew we got a lot of rain this morning during our 1 1/2 hour storm, but I was shocked when I looked at the weather station.  It say's we received 2.33 inches of rain.  Eyeballing the old fashioned rain gauge from the porch, it looks like it was close to 2.5 inches.  It's still sprinkling lightly and too wet to get to the rain gauge.

52 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Great respect for the Brave Hearts - those dealing with pediatric cancer and those dealing with childhood sexual abuse.  I salute all the superheroes who came to the fore during Covid 19; we appreciated everyone from the janitors and truck drivers to the protective services and medical professions, and everyone in between.  I was on the OH&S committee at the court house - we actually had an incident where a guard got her long hair caught in a jail cell lock.  That made for an interesting discussion. LOL

It looks like the rain is pretty widespread, as it's raining here on the "frozen tundra" as well!  According to a couple of the weather sites, it should continue for the next few hours, which won't be a bad thing.  As long as it's raining, it isn't freezing!  

@Cruzin TerriI'm sorry to hear about Jim's friend's passing.

@JazzyVI hope you had another good night of restful sleep.

@RMLincolnthinking of you as you prepare for your DSIL's funeral.

@rafinmdthanks for posting the timeline of the FR&D! I remember the zoom call that you arranged for us during Covid - it was so nice seeing faces and hearing voices that we'd previously only been able to read.

This morning I think it's going to be time spent cleaning the winter dirt and dust off the deck and getting it ready for use for the next number of months.  I'll bring up the big central vac hose and get into all the nooks and crannies, then take the dusting brush and go over the flat surfaces before getting out the glass cleaner for the mirror plates that go under candles, etc.   The windows will be left for another time, as that's a major job and after doing all the moving of furniture, etc., I'm not going to start that.

Shortly after noon we'll be meeting our friends Wayne & Fran for brunch and will catch up on what they've been doing.  I know he's been having health issues lately, so I want to find out what's happening with him since his A-fib diagnosis.

I'll pass on the Riesling, but would like to try the cocktail (a very simple recipe!).  Neither of us is a huge fan of beans, so will likely pass on the menu suggestion.  DH has asked for something simple to make for dinner, hot dogs, so I'll split them and cook them in the air fryer.  Instead of using bulky hot dog buns, we'll wrap them in tortilla shells and will serve them along with crunchy coleslaw at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in turmoil.   Cheers to all who have celebrations happening today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm glad you are getting much needed rain, and I hope it's not accompanied by high winds, etc.  I'm sorry Wayne is still having health issues.  I hope he is feeling better soon.

51 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  Computer says its 64 and sunny...a minute ago it said 65.  I wonder where my weather actually comes from....

@grapau27Thank you for bringing us Father David.

I knew that we had an early appointment tomorrow morning in Midtown, but DH told me at 11 last night, that he had a 7:40 appointment  Wednesday morning on the north side of town which takes a REAL hour to get to.  Especially since one of the bridges that crosses over the highway is under repair for 3 months, and everyone who uses that bridge will be using the one that I need to take.  Add that to working until 9 the night before, I am trying to harvest as much sleep as I can.  But right now him seeing this doc is VERY important.  So a late start today.  I told the furbabies to let me sleep until at least 8, and they did.

ec279758963a0117f9d9341c0650be77.jpg

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and if you are in the path of the storms, please be safe!

c1c8b3f3dd1a5664eb247c8a32611685.jpg

Annie, I hope the appointments tomorrow and Wednesday go well for Chuck.  

3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

It’s 69 this morning heading up to 83 with sunshine.

Very good days.

I’m not sure about the quote, the percentages might be skewed a bit.

I’m in on the meal.

Heading off to church in a couple hours, it’s Palm Sunday in the Greek Orthodox Church.

The Lightning are still alive as they beat the Panthers 6-3 yesterday but the odds are still against them winning the series as they must win the next 3 games.

Have a great day and stay well.

That is good news the Lightning won, and are still in the playoffs.  Miracles do happen.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all! Happy fifth to the daily! Thanks @rafinmdfor your timeline, and to @ger_77 for the reminder about that zoom call! It was fun! 

I will gladly celebrate those dear Brave hearts and super heroes!  Everyday!

@smitty34877 yikes!  now you have to look after you or you’re no good to anyone!  I just hope it heals well and quickly and you get a little r and r! 

@Cruzin Terri sorry to hear of your loss,  sending prayers for support as you navigate these new waters. 

@Seasick Sailor that will be a fabulous cruise to celebrate on! 

Kobe, Osaka and Kyoto are often visited from the same place, usually Osaka. Highly recommend the Kobe beef and a visit to Kyoto, preferably for a few nights!  We stayed in the area where the cattle are raised, and although extremely expensive it’s worth a try.  
They have unusual but delicious breakfasts, salads often served then; as well as the most unusual toilets.

image.thumb.jpeg.865b7c9fd72ac906b25d519855ffbbf1.jpeg 

IMG_1372.jpeg

IMG_1229.jpeg

IMG_1522.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, 

It's a soggy start to the day and the weather forecast calls for more rain. That's ok - nowhere to go today and I can get things done here. I have a craft room and desk that really need some attention and I can find lots of cleaning to take care of. 

Yesterday I ran to town (about a 20 minute drive on back roads with little traffic) and put a card in the mail and then got rid of all the expired meds at the drug take-back day. What a relief to have that taken care of. DD DH had so many meds he was on and I had quite a stockpile of them as well as old over-the-counter ones that it was rather cleansing to have them all out of the cupboard and out of the house. Now I'll get that cupboard wiped out and maybe do some rearranging. 

DS just informed me that he'll be over tomorrow instead of today, which is fine. I have a few "son do" jobs that he claims I can no longer do on my own. I'll gladly give up the lawn mowing (although it will be too wet for him to do it tomorrow) but I can do a few other things. I have a new office chair that I would like him to put together for me but I may try and do it myself today. 

Have a lovely and relaxing Sunday, 

Karen

• Like 25

The creamy pasta might be too high in lactose, but if that can be controlled, I'd consider it after Passover. No on the pseudotini. For a Riesling, there are too many good choices, but this time I'll choose Red Newt's 2018 Dry Riesling.

I cancelled the Utah trip, which would have begun next week, and now I'm puzzling over a conference in San Diego in July. That I'll go is almost a foregone conclusion, with airline credits that have to be used. The question is whether I'll go for the pre-conference or just the main conference. I also have to determine whether I have to fly the day before (probably) to get there by the starting time, and whether I have to stay an extra day (probably, because the conference continues past noon on the last day).

Screenshot2024-04-28at11-51-36GlasbergenCartoonsbyRandyGlasbergenforApril282024GoComics_com.png.ede3673de457da33abdf9bc0d4305586.png

• Like 24

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll salute Brave Hearts and those dealing with scary pediatric cancer as well as those protecting children from abuse. Superheroes can be inspiring, both in movies and real life. OSHA is important for worker safety. Good quote. Maybe on the meal. Pass on the drink and wine. I have not been to Kobe. 

It's already 76F and sunny. Soon a bit of AC may be needed. I slept about 8 hours; I had some trouble falling asleep, likely due to daytime naps (I'm going to try to cut those out). BFF and I have been watching movies and hockey. He got 1 piece of art up yesterday, 2 more to go today. Otherwise, just chill, read books, relax. I did get the indoor cacti fertilized, in preparation for being put outside next month. I hope to start moving a bit more next week. I hear people out mowing, taking advantage of the dry weather after all the rain we've had lately.

@StLouisCruisers Thank you for our start today. I hope Linda is not having much pain any more.

@grapau27 I appreciate the link and the explanations. Your lunch looks delightful.

@Cruzin Terri Condolences to Jim on the loss of his friend; I'm sure his family will understand that he can't make the trip there.

@dfish Have a great time meeting up with old friends and colleagues.

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps, and the history of the FR/Daily milestones.

@RMLincoln I'm glad Richard is doing well, and is there to help you through this difficult time.

@ottahand7 Good luck with the plant sales; it seems to be a lot of work to get ready for the sale. I'll take the flower pics, as I don't eat seafood normally (only shrimp).

@smitty34877 So sorry to hear about the shoulder and RA flare. I'm glad the aide could come to help. I'm sure you're doing what you can to ease the pain - heat, NSAIDS? I fear an RA flare, having to be off my meds for 6 weeks post surgery.

@ger_77 DD's Kevin is very cute! Enjoy visiting with Wayne and Fran; I hope he doesn't have too serious health issues. 

@bennybear Great photos from Kobe and Kyoto.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Terry @smitty34877 ouch!  Glad you got an aide in to take some load off your shoulders!  So now for you…. what PT advice does the PT follow?  
I’m sorry your family has gone  back to NH. 😓 I hope you can make a new plan soon for a visit. Think good thoughts and breathe out the stress, and the pain… which may be deeper?  Holding you in the Light! Just do today.  m— 

• Like 18

Good morning all!

Another rainy day here, even "chance of snow showers" tomorrow....I'll believe that when I see it.  Don't think it's going to happen!

All very important days, I'll pass on the meal but would like the drink.  I'd like the wine too, if it isn't sweet.  We haven't been to the port (thank you Brenda @bennybear for the great photos).

Not much on the agenda today, we need to go to the Commissary for a few things, and then I'll most likely work on upcoming trips.  We have a Yellowstone trip coming up before the next cruise.  

Prayers for all on the care list and cheers for all who are celebrating!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon from a very windy day at the beach

It is hard to believe that it has been 5 years for the Daily. I remember reading it for awhile before I joined in. The greatest group of caring people that I have ever met. Hopefully some day I will meet up with one of you on a cruise.

It is very windy here today, just like yesterday. I tried to do my walk but got sandblasted. Probably the same for today.

@smitty34877  Take care of yourself. Glad you were able to get some help.

Not much on my agenda today, most I have already done. I have a busy week so I may just relax this afternoon.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 16