The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 16th, 2024

Today is Honor Our LGBT Elders' Day, International Day of Light, and International Day of Living in Peace

Electricity is really just organized lightning. - George Carlin

Meal Suggestion for today - Mizuna Salad with Peanuts
Drink of the Day - Christmas Martini
Wine of the Day - The Prisoner Red Blend
Destination of the Day - Incheon (Seoul), South Korea

Today in History:
1920 Joan of Arc (Jeanne D'arc) canonized a saint

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Wrangell AK, Alaska, Wrangell Island 08:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Statendam

Bornholm Island Denmark, Ronne 08:00 - 17:00

Noordam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00

Oosterdam

Alanya, Turkey

Rotterdam

Portrush, UK

Volendam

At Sea Destination Quebec City, Canada eta 05-17

Westerdam

Sitka, Baranof Island Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 05-17

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Praia da Vitoria, Terceira Island Azores Portugal eta 05-18

0516Atlantic.thumb.png.ffa5345f0b8b375458df25c582131ed4.png

0516Alaska.thumb.png.a723520ee621b371381d76efdffcd46b.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 23

Today’s Care List:

Marshhawk’s DH’s vascular surgery not successful

Nickelpenny post back surgery, with complications

RMLincoln’s DH requiring eye drops & pressure massages for drainage incision

JazzyV’s BFF with a fall and sustaining a tib-fib fracture, surgery 5/21

Victims of flooding and storms across the country

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Kazu with foot infection and having foot pain

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 32nd Anniversary Aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Bruce & Sue)!

RMLincoln’s DH with eye drainage incision still open on last evaluation

Luvteaching having made progress with her stuck hip flexor muscle

Rich back and posting the Fleet Report/Daily

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

YourWorldWithBill (Nieuw Statendam to May 18) 13d Jewels of the Baltic, MISTER 67 (Enchanted Princess to May 18) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean with St. Thomas, Niagarawine (Koningsdam to May 18) 7d Alaska Inside Passage, Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage), and StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

• Like 20
  • Thanks 21

Good morning.

Thank you for today's offerings.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

I went to the beach while Pauline was at the hairdresser's and had my breakfast but the sea fret (mist) prevented me seeing much of the sea from my car.

Prayers 🙏 for all of our friends who are unwell.

I hope everyone has a good day.

IMG_20240516_093400.jpg

IMG_20240516_094615.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Bright and sunny this morning.  Hope the sun stays, others need the rain, we don't.

Three good days to celebrate.

Amusing quote.

Not sure about the meal, drink or wine, I'll wait for recipes and descriptions.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for lots of celebrations.

Have a terrific day.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

It is 64 degrees here this morning and the humidity is 95%. It will be a sunny day with a predicted high of 85 degrees.

I hope everyone has a great day!  

2007CPcruise 285.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Good morning friends!  The temp is 64 with some rain showers, 91% humidity and light winds from the SW.  Thanks Rich @richwmn for posting the Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday. 

I'm currently sitting with some knitting ladies in the Atrium obby near Guest Services because we've been allocated a bad time in the Art Studio in Crow's Nest.  11:30 am?  Nearly lunch time!  So we are going to meet elsewhere at 9 am and continue our work and nattering.  Trying to get a few stitches in each day on this Christmas stocking!

Last night we endured the table next to us at dinner discussing politics loud enough for us to hear.  We're hoping they get off the ship in Ijmuiden on May 25th.  Then we went to a Country Crossroads show in the World Stage.  DH was disappointed they only had 3 country songs.  It started out with 3 Elvis and a Whitney Houston song.  But I enjoyed the singing.  We don't attend every show but at least we've gone to some this cruise.  No big plans for today yet.

Prayers going out for all in need especially Chuck @catmando and Annie @marshhawk, Pennie @Nickelpenny, Vanessa's @JazzyV BFF, Richard and Maureen @RMLincoln, @57redbird, and Jacqui @kazu!  Also for DB, Alex's baby boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our military in the region.  Cheers to all celebrating including Bruce @aliaschief and Sue, and our cruisers!  Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for the Care and Celebration lists, and to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

The port today is Incheon, Seoul, Korea, which is the very first time for it.  So no links today, and we have not been there before.  Our only port there was Busan, S. Korea which was enjoyable. 

Well I hope everyone has a great day today.  Keep well and stay safe!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Ingredients:

Cranberry juice:  100% unsweetened
Vodka
Cointreau
Lemon juice
Simple syrup

Shake: Add the vodka, cranberry juice, Cointreau, lemon juice, and simple syrup to the cocktail shaker. Shake for 15 seconds until cold.
Strain: Strain the drink into a glass and serve!

I looked all over the internet for this recipe with exact measurements.  This was what I found .  I guess you add ingredients for your taste.  Enjoy!

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 6.33.19 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 16

Posted (edited)

Sorry everyone, I must have hit post accidentally! Let me quickly edit this. 

Thank you all for being here! Just a normal day for Bindi and me. 

Happy Anniversary, Bruce & Sue! @aliaschief

The Prisoner Red Blend

This California blend sounds amazingly full-bodied and rich! I would love a taste. Lots of distributors with prices starting at $32.99.

Distributor notes

The Prisoner Red Blend was inspired by the wines first made by the Italian immigrants who originally settled in Napa Valley. The Prisoner is now the most recognized red blend, leading the resurgence of interesting blends by incorporating Zinfandel with the unlikely mix of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Syrah, and Charbono.

Bright aromas of ripe raspberry, vanilla, and coconut give way to flavors of fresh and dried blackberry, pomegranate, and vanilla, which linger harmoniously for a smooth and luscious finish.

Tasting Notes

Raspberry
Boysenberry
Pomegranate
Vanilla

Aromas

Bing Cherry
Dark Chocolate
Clove
Roasted Fig

Vineyard Information

The Prisoner was inspired by the “mixed blacks” first made by the Italian immigrants who originally settled in the Napa Valley. The Prisoner is now the most recognized red blend, leading the resurgence of interesting blends by incorporating Zinfandel with the unlikely mix of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Syrah, and Charbono. 

When you outgrow winemaking tradition, you must forge your own path. And we did. The Prisoner exists because of the collaboration with our growers, many of which have been with us since the very beginning—from the Solari Family Vineyard in Calistoga, where old school sensibilities meet new techniques, to the Korte Ranch in St. Helena, a vineyard whose diligence outlasted the Prohibition and has sustained four generations.

Chef Brett recommends pairing The Prisoner Red Blend with Kalbi Short Ribs or Chicken Mole Tostada.

ABV 15.2%

Aging A combination of French and American oak barrels, 30% new

Blend Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Sirah, Syrah, Merlot, Malbec

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 13

Posted (edited)

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here! 

I can finally cut my grass today. Last week while we were gone the growing conditions must have been perfect. But it has been wet and overcast until today since getting home. I will need to make two passes just to get it down without clogging the mower deck on the tractor.

I hope everyone can have a wonderful day.

@aliaschief Happy Anniversary Bruce and Sue!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone!

I am so sore from staining the deck yesterday.  I still have half of it to go.  Then I have to put the new patio furniture together.  Tons of fun to be had today!

@aliaschief

Anniversary.jpg.32a06d9d8ace9ef8ebc4ed7503e737c1.jpg

I hope all with medical issues are making progress in healing, especially @Nickelpenny, @kazu, @RMLincoln, @marshhawk and anyone else I left out.  Continues hugs to caregivers, especially @smitty34877, @marshhawk, and @JazzyV.

Mizuna is an Asian green that is easy to grow and would make a flavorful addition to your salads.  This green has antioxidant qualities, as it is a cruciferous vegetable in the brassica family. Mizuna is an excellent source of Vitamins A, C, and K-1, fiber, as well as numerous minerals. It is very versatile in the kitchen. Mizuna has a mild mustardy peppery flavor. Eat it raw in salads, especially the tender young leaves. Sauté mizuna stems and leaves with onions or garlic as a side dish. It is wonderful in stir fries and is a nutrient-rich addition to soups and stews. Substitute mizuna for basil or spinach in your favorite pesto recipe.

More about Mizuna

Mizuna.jpg.21aeeee069bd555c6a6da0019e2e7fb9.jpg

The salad is quite simple with just the greens, peanuts, dressing, and edible flowers for garnish.  MIzuna Salad with Peanuts

mizunasalad1.thumb.jpg.5f16ea18e76e58a00951bf207bec06b6.jpg

This next one doesn't call for peanuts, but you can certainly add them in.  The dressing is a bit different as well.  It is very simple with just oil and lemon juice.  Mizuna Salad 2

mizunasalad2.thumb.jpg.3fddeb03eb31f5390871b282ede29c76.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 19

Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone, thanks for the Daily Reports and maps Rich.   I will celebrate the Day of Light and of course Living in Peace.  A true quote from George Carlin, so happy I got to see him one time in person in Vegas.   I look forward to photos of Inchon.  I will pass on today's meal, but would enjoy the cocktail at Christmas and today's wine is a goody, I have had it before but at +15% alcohol pretty strong.   Look forward to photos of Inchon. 

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations Reports Vanessa.  I hope that your back and leg are doing much better!  Prayers for Chuck, Tana, Richard and everyone else in our group who are ailing or grieving.  @ger_77 so happy to read that Maurice's needed surgery is getting closer. Jacqui I hope you are getting some relief from your foot pain.   Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the hostages and the innocents in Gaza.  

Lots of finishing up to do in the garden beds today, Preen down then mulch spreading.  They are coming this afternoon to haul away all the plants leftover from the plant sale for the farmer's market.  I hope they all fit.    First order of business is listing all of my Ravens tickets on StubHub.  We are holding one game, the Commanders on 10/13.  The two earlier home games are too early and the one we really would like to attend Buffalo is a night game, past our bed time.  Have a lovely Thursday!  Nancy

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Expecting some sun today. It will be good for my walk. 

Busy day today. Three clients and my regular class. 

Happy anniversary to @aliaschief and @DWAliaschief.

Image result for anniversary cat meme

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy Thursday Cute Cat Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook ...

• Like 28

Good morning everyone, it’s raining and 56F here this morning.  Thank-you for the daily report, recipes and lists.

Three nice days to recognize, light and peace seem to go hand in hand.

The quote is humorous and makes you think, a little.

I think that I would try today’s dish out of curiosity and save the drink for Christmas.

I haven’t been to today’s destination.

Prayers for those on our prayer list and for those who are recuperating from recent surgeries.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!  Happy anniversary to @aliaschief and his DW. 🍾

• Like 27

Last night’s progressive dinner was over the top. What an evening. Started out with cocktails, canapés and music in the Den. We then moved to the highly decorated Cabaret Lounge for appetizer and more entertainment. We then were taken to the Galley for more appetizers . Then out to aft Sunset Verandha for soup and salad. Then off to specialty restaurant for a Beef Wellington dinner. Then to Living Room (C. Nest) for a Chocolate Extravaganza and dancing. Unbelievable all the work that went into this historic event that most likely will never be repeated.

Upon returning to our cabin our ceiling was decorated with globe balloons. Thank you for the kind Anniversary wishes. It truly has been a wonderful and precious 32 years together.❤️

Tonight the Chef is preparing a special dinner for us in Aqualina?

Thank for the reports and post. Bruce & Sue

image.thumb.jpeg.470c9d947c4702b5770ff6d7430ca7cd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.632c017681f166ecd429d2cb96177709.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.33d0a46445b20528f7b7884f34894de6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bfa155b3f52a4533578a3aa70ce7cc12.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2b73d362cd5ec270140ec7494cce472c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6cf5cb1646addc72ec373dcaca98e027.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bd6a711a6763794ceeedfe9b599d404a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7e95ed068af75964e93fb933fc3475dd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cf2a71cd1751bb1e844624ded0de8a7a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.759cc453a0e1d4f79738c3fc9161421a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d4791d46f5773d2cf439f87962035f3a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6990b1aac1430aa097806083ed2a0889.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ae1115bb3964898ed159f409c7a75ce9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4d695504eda29fdb40646fd796dd9ad9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f74b4dba7e2aa619d141fe265aa9eda3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.afb5a1327577d2f107020a7fc72dfed4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b9bfb94e73abd036ada828a6b5ac1b52.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6ba455ded4fc56e62c480e0fe44717f5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9d680aa908addbc9f5dcc19b9d67bf22.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5