The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday July 4th, 2024

Good morning and Happy Fourth to all us yanks!🇺🇸 Our weather today is fairly mixed with heat advisories, possible thunderstorms and right now appearing overcast.

As mentioned yesterday we will be grilling some beef ribs and trimmings and our dear neighbors will be joining us. After traveling around the world it definitely makes us appreciate how fortunate we are to be born in the good old USA. I’m sure many others from various countries feel the same way and extensive traveling makes it even more apparent. During our World Cruise we had many reminders on how lucky we are.

Enough babbling. Thanks for the report and post and May you all have a joyous and memorable day. Bruce

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be a hot 4th here in mid-Michigan, if you can believe the forecast.  The meteorologists here have really been struggling the past few days.  Yesterday was supposed to be rain, but it cleared up and we had the abundant sunshine we were supposed to have on Tuesday.  

We are meeting DB Bill and DB Jeff for breakfast this morning and then going to a cookout at DN Kourtney's this afternoon.  DN Lizzy will be there with her new baby so we'll get to meet Addie.  

Today's meal is one I will pass on.  My DS Barb loves black bean burgers, but I think they resemble hockey pucks.  I want a real burger.  The bean burgers also tend to be high in carbs.  Black Bean Burger

blackbeanburgers1.thumb.jpg.b74c16dcc29347670ef997c6d7d71ead.jpg

It looks good, but so do fast food hamburgers in the ads.  Here's another version.  Salsa Bean Burger

blackbeanburgers2.jpg.1ba7cf80f577c8b2a2f297e9c58acf12.jpg

This last one uses oats and whole wheat flour as binders.   Bean Burgers

blackbeanburgers3.jpg.5a4dc802a2ed51a8d05dffa9c46f103d.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day and happy 4th!  

Don’t know about black bean burgers. But I guess it is appropriate for July 4th; plenty of fireworks after a couple of these burgers! 😬

• Like 8
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Chickpea water??? 😱🤢

Yes, you open a can of chickpeas, throw them away, and then save the water they are packed in for the drink.  LOL

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

3 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Don’t know about black bean burgers. But I guess it is appropriate for July 4th; plenty of fireworks after a couple of these burgers! 😬

Robert that is a rather gassy issue you’re bringing up. Happy Fourth my friend.🇺🇸

• Like 11
  • Haha 13

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites 

Damn, it's hot. 

You would think since we live in a 55 plus community there would be a quiet 4th. Oh no.. Fireworks started at 11:30 last night. Stopped about 1:00. Started at 2:30 for 20 minutes. They were coming from 2 sides of our hood. Must have been a competition. This morning when I was feeding the birds at 6, there were a few firecrackers go off on the south,  then a few more on the north. So far it's quiet.. Jeez

@StLouisCruisers dearest girl, prayers have been said for your family as I have them in my prayer book. I will celebrate your father's life today, as he seems like he was quite a guy. When are the twins due? Any update on your D-twin? Hope Dennis has an end to his cold and you stay healthy through the rest of your cruise. Also, I had a "bite" of Allen's hot dog this year on the Rotterdam, and continued a few more bites til Allen asked me to order him another hot dog..

@smitty34877 Terry and Tana, you are 2 strong women. But even Wonder Woman has a few bad days. I have my day's too, especially when Allen is feeling down in the dumps. He was always so active. I'm thankful you have help to get you through. God bless you.

@JazzyV You are like the energizer bunny. Thanks for your dedication to the Daily. I pray you and BFF heal quickly and strongly and move on to fun activities. 

@kazu Jacqui, hang in there. I know you want to get your hands into your garden dirt and flowers and give Ivan his daily ball playing. Just take it easy til surgery so you don't worsen your injury. 

Prayers and Blessings to each of our Daily-ites. Prayers to all in the path of the hurricane. Yikes! Prayers for our troops and innocents around the war torn countries. 

Thanks to Ann, Debbie, Dixie, and Vanessa for your dedication. And of course to our Humble Leader, Rich.

This afternoon we have a poolside popsicle party from 4 to 6, then our girls game night. I am making 2 quiches. We also have appetizers, salad, and I think vegan almond butter cookies.

Wishing you a safe and happy 4th. 

Joy thank you so much for your prayers each and every day!  I appreciate all of them.  My twin is going to see her doctor next Tuesday and only tells me her arm is very sore.  She is good at enduring pain though so I don't know how awful it would feel.  She'll let me know after the appointment what they say and plan to do with it.  As for those precious baby boys, they are going to be induced on July 25, 3 weeks before their Aug. 15 actual due date.  I was so happy to hear that at one of their recent ultrasounds their weights were both estimated at over 4 pounds.  Their momma Jordan has to see her OB-GYN 3 days a week!  I remember going once a week during the last month but she is a special patient having had her first set of twins come so early.  I am thrilled for this little family that things are looking up for them.  Dennis is feeling okay but will be glad when the cough is over.  In my case, that never happens.  It just goes on and on!  Oh well, I am grateful for the good health I usually have.  No complaints!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Robert that is a rather gassy issue you’re bringing up. Happy Fourth my friend.🇺🇸

Thanks Chief! So formal on holidays; Robert?

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

Warm but not miserable at mid 80s. Our first July 4th here and no fireworks except on TV, which will be good enough!  I always loved going to the fireworks in our northern NM mountains village, they were spectacular exploding overhead with the sound reverberating off the canyon walls. With the increase in fire danger the last 10+ years they were usually cancelled so we have to remember the good times. 

Here we considered getting tickets to view the NYC Macy’s fireworks from a small ferry… sounded great!  But the rub was that we’d have to park before 3:00 for a 7:00 ferry, before the streets were closed off. Well that was too long a time gap for us. 

We got invited to join a table for 6 today for midday holiday meal… it’ll be fun to meet some new folks, as we did last night and enjoyed their company till 9:30! 

Blessings sent out to all in need, for our country, your country and the war zones. 
For all our firefighters and all dealing with storms, flooding and excessive heat. 
Stay safe please!  
Maureen 

• Like 34

Good morning to all and a very happy Fourth to everyone

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for all you do to keep this thread going.

We have been to Gibraltar only once and I have a few photos.  Will try to post them.

I am going t pass on the meal and drinks.

We are alone as usual.  We used to have great neighbors, but things have changed here.

On one side we now have a widower, who will probably go to his daughter’s house today.  On the other side there are renters from H**L with three barking dogs I would not dare go near, not that they would invite us.  Can’t wait until they leave in December.

The neighborhood is just not that friendly anymore.   We have lost many friends to death and moving.  So we are alone.

There will be a community picnic on Saturday that we may attend.

@StLouisCruisers Hugs as you remember your DD DF today.  Also prayers for your twin with her problems with her arm.  I can identify with her pain.  I am going through the same thing with no relief.  No matter what I do.

Good news on the A/C end.  There was an opening yesterday and they fit us in.  Turns out that the dehumidifier was turned off on the “smart thermostat” and this “stupid” girl had no idea.  So $99 later it was all fixed.  He wanted know why I turned it off.  I could not convince him that I had no idea where to find the place to turn it on or off.   

Oh, well, at least I don’t have to wait until Monday.

@marshhawk thinking of you as you remember two very special people today.

@kazu Hoping you can have your surgery soon and get some relief.

@smitty34877 you and Tana are always in my prayers.

That’s about it for me today.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Just now, rafinmd said:

@Cruzin Terri at least you can be thankful that you were not in Barbados for Beryl.  Not a lot going your way but at least there is that.

Roy

Roy, I have thought of that.  We did not have a great vacation. However, Beryl waited until we got out of there.  

I did endure one hurricane in the Caribbean many years ago in Grand Cayman.  It was not fun.  Never want to do that again.

Terri

• Like 27

Happy Independence Day for all Americans!

ScreenShot2024-07-04at06_53_06.png.2d47930fef53324795fb6836fb29ef96.png

Love BBQ and hot dogs (but think the "contest" is downright stupid) and dislike County Music.  Had a good chuckle at the quote, might have to keep the meal recipes - though I would like "real" burgers, the drink 🤢🤮🤢, no on the wine and I will be in Gibraltar next year.

IMG_7983.thumb.JPG.9fa3e2462b7087329a60ae36b8d44f87.JPG

It will be a warm one today and it will only get hotter as the week progresses.  Today's high is predicted to be ~105F with a chance of rain.  The thunderstorm we got 2 days ago - the one with the confirmed tornado - was a doozy.  Luckily, I live on the other side of town and I don't think there was any damage around me.

ScreenShot2024-07-04at07_38_12.png.d49b6785350e3ba3bc505125c88b40d0.png

The trip up to Phoenix yesterday was very interesting.  The research study was about a device that will screen for cirrhosis of the liver; I was a control subject.  I'm in their database, as I went last year and already had the Fibroscan (no liver disease), so I was perfect for this study. Just one trip so not bad.

ScreenShot2024-07-04at07_38_53.png.96ba2b151e257cdc1528f409ac19f43e.png

I have been cooking for the last couple of days and will put everything together today.  BBQ sauce made, red and green cabbage and carrots shredded ready for the coleslaw dressing (need to make that today), pulled pork done and ready to have the BBQ sauce added, pasta salad ready to be combined, Boston baked beans cooking, guacamole, roasted tomatillo sauce and salsa made and ready for chips, eggs hardboiled and ready to be made into deviled eggs, and I am going to try 2 recipes for hamburger buns - one doesn't need proofing and the other will take about 4 hours.  In case neither work out, I bought hamburger buns as a backup!!  My kitchen is a mess but I have so much fun cooking.  Sometimes it is good, sometimes........... thank goodness it is only me eating the outcome!

ScreenShot2024-07-03at06_44_55.thumb.png.dddf999b792bc48c84f87060da484bb4.png

@kazu I am glad you have a plan and hope it will solve the pain issue

Thoughts for all on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Happy Birthday USA  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie  I’ll celebrate plastic bag free day but pass on the other two.    Special prayers for Jacaui, Terri, Katherine’s friend, Sandi’s brother, Scottie,  Chuck, Bonnie and Tana.  Prayers for an early surgical opening for Jacqui.

Poundstone had a strange sense of humor.

I have been to Gibraltar 3 times, Crystal Symphony in 1996, Queen Elizabeth in 2017, and Crystal Serenity in 2019.  I also have memories on my 2015 Allure of the seas timing my walk for 1201AM so I could be on deck as we passed between Gibraltar and Africa.

An important day in United States history..

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Raspberry Soup and roasted Pork Loin with Apple-Cranberry spiced Chutney and boiled parsley potatoes as might have been served on MS Zaandam July 2, 2002 based on the corresponding menus from my 2014 Statendam Alaska cruise.  I know that is not a July 4 menu but it is what is since the Statendam was on a different calendar.  For real I will splurge at lunch and have a bacon cheeseburger.  

A hot 4th but I’ll be inside except my earlier morning walk, and the trip out for lunch..

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Some photos of our stop in Gibraltar in 2022.

This was after Jim and I were finally sprung from our Covid Jail

IMG_1749.jpeg

IMG_1725.jpeg

IMG_1720.jpeg

IMG_1722.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

IMG_1743.jpeg

IMG_1758.jpeg

IMG_1757.jpeg

Nice photos.

• Like 12

Good morning and thanks all! Happy Fourth of July to our American friends! 
Hugs to @StLouisCruisers and @marshhawk as you remember those dear to you!  
Hope everyone has a great day.  

The lilacs were still in bloom at the campground as it’s further north.     Our daughter’s campsite we nicknamed lilac lane.   Ours is the snake pit, we found multiple shed snakeskins.  We also had the pleasure to see and hear a purple finch for the first time.  

DSC_2376.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Mornin’ all. 👋 It’s going to be hot hot hot here for a while 🥵 (95°F today, up to 103°F through next Friday). Looking forward to a potluck/pool party today. 

Stay safe and healthy everyone. 
indepence-day-6.gif.c22e6927af8bdef5063b6b688609758a.gif

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 28

Good morning and Happy Thursday and Happy 4th of July!  

Good days to celebrate. We are going to BBQ sliders today but @Quartzsite CruiserLenda is correct, true BBQ is over wood. I think we’ll have baked beans and I might make deviled eggs because so many people are making them today. 

I will eat a hot dog occasionally but Craig loves them, especially chili dogs, and always has one from the Dive-In and will not share like Allen @Seasick Sailor did with Joy. Sandi @StLouisCruisers, I’m glad you enjoyed your Dive-In dog!

Last night was frustrating. Our batteries needed replacing on our A/C control panel which Craig did but an hour later I realized it was just too darn hot and sure enough it was at 82. After fiddling around and getting more and more frustrated Craig got out the manual but still couldn’t figure it out so went to YouTube. He was even trying to call the company but they weren’t answering. Finally, after about an hour of this, and walking up & down the stairs (the panel is upstairs), it looked like it wanted us to set up a schedule so I tried that even though we just manually adjust it. Well, that worked but I’d still prefer to do it manually so I’ll have to research that. 

Have a great day everyone!  🎆🎆🎆

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all and a very happy Fourth to everyone

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for all you do to keep this thread going.

We have been to Gibraltar only once and I have a few photos.  Will try to post them.

I am going t pass on the meal and drinks.

We are alone as usual.  We used to have great neighbors, but things have changed here.

On one side we now have a widower, who will probably go to his daughter’s house today.  On the other side there are renters from H**L with three barking dogs I would not dare go near, not that they would invite us.  Can’t wait until they leave in December.

The neighborhood is just not that friendly anymore.   We have lost many friends to death and moving.  So we are alone.

There will be a community picnic on Saturday that we may attend.

@StLouisCruisers Hugs as you remember your DD DF today.  Also prayers for your twin with her problems with her arm.  I can identify with her pain.  I am going through the same thing with no relief.  No matter what I do.

Good news on the A/C end.  There was an opening yesterday and they fit us in.  Turns out that the dehumidifier was turned off on the “smart thermostat” and this “stupid” girl had no idea.  So $99 later it was all fixed.  He wanted know why I turned it off.  I could not convince him that I had no idea where to find the place to turn it on or off.   

Oh, well, at least I don’t have to wait until Monday.

@marshhawk thinking of you as you remember two very special people today.

@kazu Hoping you can have your surgery soon and get some relief.

@smitty34877 you and Tana are always in my prayers.

That’s about it for me today.

God Bless,

Terri

It is possible that you had a power outage, even a brief one, and the smart thermostat reset to a default setting which is off for the dehumidifier. Just keep an eye out if you have a power blip or outage. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

Just about everything is ready for tonight's dinner.  The cake is cooling and waiting to be frosted once I figure out how I want to decorate it.  The baked beans are made and ready to be baked later, and the smoker is ready for the ribs with apple wood for the smoke flavor.  I thought we had cherry and not apple, but was happy to find it was apple wood.  We'll also have cantaloupe to go with the ribs and beans.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites! The heat index for our area today is 109 degrees. Right now it is 78 and it says sunny, but it is very hazy...

I was googling news the other day when I saw an article that attracted my attention.  BEST BBQ CHEFS CHOOSE BEST  BBQ SAUCE.  So I read the article.  They said that the best sauce was from a company called Lillie's.  And as I strolled the Krogers the other day, I found it. Bought some, the Smoky   (there's Carolina and I think Memphis) and it was the best pulled pork I have ever made!  OMG!  Best sauce ever! Now I'm hooked.  So last night was left over pulled pork, coleslaw without blue cheese, and a Fiesta can of corn.  DH ate it all!  Couldnt believe it. I would do corn on the cob, but DH cant eat it, Plus it really is just a conduit for butter.

Today is burgers (mine with blue cheese) coleslaw, beans and deviled eggs.  Lunch is more left over and last of the pulled pork.

Donna is working the parade in Avondale Estates, so I do have to walk the dog this morning. Currently boiling eggs. 

In 1977 I lost both my fiance ( he had just proposed) and my grandfather on the 3rd of July.  It used to be a big holiday for our family, we would be in town with friends and see the fireworks, but since then no one in my family really thought of it as a holiday. A day of remembrance.  I did get excited yesterday when half way through the work day, I realized I have 4 days off.  Still have to take DH to see a doc tomorrow, but I dont have to rush back and get on the phones. May actually get lunch out, and go to a museum.  I hope.  I can always hope.

Stay safe, stay cool, 

http://i.123g.us/c/ejul_fourthjuly_specials/card/339574.jpg

fc948bea8480e85b1d5ebead6584c194--happy-july-july-th.jpg

Annie, I'm sorry your holiday is not the same after the loss of your DGF and your fiancé.  Hugs headed your way.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great collection of photos Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.  I enjoyed your pictures from Gibraltar.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Joy thank you so much for your prayers each and every day!  I appreciate all of them.  My twin is going to see her doctor next Tuesday and only tells me her arm is very sore.  She is good at enduring pain though so I don't know how awful it would feel.  She'll let me know after the appointment what they say and plan to do with it.  As for those precious baby boys, they are going to be induced on July 25, 3 weeks before their Aug. 15 actual due date.  I was so happy to hear that at one of their recent ultrasounds their weights were both estimated at over 4 pounds.  Their momma Jordan has to see her OB-GYN 3 days a week!  I remember going once a week during the last month but she is a special patient having had her first set of twins come so early.  I am thrilled for this little family that things are looking up for them.  Dennis is feeling okay but will be glad when the cough is over.  In my case, that never happens.  It just goes on and on!  Oh well, I am grateful for the good health I usually have.  No complaints!

Sandi, thanks for the update on the twins arrival.  I'm sorry your twin is still having pain with her shoulder injury.  I hope her doctor can help her with the injury when she goes next week.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Some photos of our stop in Gibraltar in 2022.

This was after Jim and I were finally sprung from our Covid Jail

IMG_1749.jpeg

IMG_1725.jpeg

IMG_1720.jpeg

IMG_1722.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

IMG_1743.jpeg

IMG_1758.jpeg

IMG_1757.jpeg

Terri, thanks for the pictures.  I'm sorry your arm is still so painful.  I hope the a/c tech showed you how to work the thermostat.  I understand how you feel about your neighborhood changing.  We are fortunate to have great neighbors, but most of the ones who moved here about the time we did have either moved or died.  We're friendly with the neighbors, but not friends with most.  One of my BFFs from elementary school on is my next door neighbor, and it's nice to have someone to remember old times with.

27 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! Happy Fourth of July to our American friends! 
Hugs to @StLouisCruisers and @marshhawk as you remember those dear to you!  
Hope everyone has a great day.  

The lilacs were still in bloom at the campground as it’s further north.     Our daughter’s campsite we nicknamed lilac lane.   Ours is the snake pit, we found multiple shed snakeskins.  We also had the pleasure to see and hear a purple finch for the first time.  

DSC_2376.jpeg

Great picture of the purple finch, Brenda.

21 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Thursday and Happy 4th of July!  

Good days to celebrate. We are going to BBQ sliders today but @Quartzsite CruiserLenda is correct, true BBQ is over wood. I think we’ll have baked beans and I might make deviled eggs because so many people are making them today. 

I will eat a hot dog occasionally but Craig loves them, especially chili dogs, and always has one from the Dive-In and will not share like Allen @Seasick Sailor did with Joy. Sandi @StLouisCruisers, I’m glad you enjoyed your Dive-In dog!

Last night was frustrating. Our batteries needed replacing on our A/C control panel which Craig did but an hour later I realized it was just too darn hot and sure enough it was at 82. After fiddling around and getting more and more frustrated Craig got out the manual but still couldn’t figure it out so went to YouTube. He was even trying to call the company but they weren’t answering. Finally, after about an hour of this, and walking up & down the stairs (the panel is upstairs), it looked like it wanted us to set up a schedule so I tried that even though we just manually adjust it. Well, that worked but I’d still prefer to do it manually so I’ll have to research that. 

Have a great day everyone!  🎆🎆🎆

Sharon, we have one of those smart thermostats, and have a couple of programs.  We can override a program if necessary.  The good thing about the thermostat is the wifi connection that lets us access it when we're not home.  Now, when we're on our way home from Arizona or any place, we can change the settings and not have to get a neighbor to go change them for us.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn and to all contributors.

Happy 4th Of July! A bbq would be nice, but I have no grill. Country music is ok. I wouldn't mind a hotdog, but don't have any and I'm not going to the store. Funny quote. I've had an occasional good black bean burger, but prefer beef. Pass on the drink and maybe for the wine (a little pricey). I have been to Gibraltar on a land trip. A good day in history, Independence Day!

It's cloudy and warm here today. Somebody was setting off fireworks at 12:30AM this morning, but thankfully it didn't last long. I had taken 50mg of Benadry as premedication for my eye/RA shot last night, and slept almost 7 hours. I don't have any plans for today. Relax, clean up the kitchen, and later watch the Argentina vs Ecuador football match this evening. 

@StLouisCruisers Hugs to you and your twin on this sad anniversary, the passing of your DDad. Thanks for the Gibraltar photos. Nice ones of you and DH.

@seagarsmoker Thanks for stopping into the Daily today.

@ottahand7 Nice photos.

@cat shepard Good to hear that your DSis is doing well. I hope she can get in the pool. Yum, key lime pie is my favorite.

@smitty34877 Hugs and prayers for you, Tana and the family. Dealing with a chronic illness can be so draining. 

@GTVCRUISER Nice.

@dfish Enjoy the bbq at DN Kourtney's and meeting Addie.

@kazu I hope you can get treated soon, and not spend many more days with the pain.

@grapau27 Thanks for the photos from Gibraltar.

@marshhawk Hugs on your day of remembrance yesterday. So exciting that you have 4 days off, as much as you work! I read that article about BBQ sauce, and had never heard of that brand; I looked on my grocery store's app and they have it. I'll have to try it.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos from Gibraltar.

@quilty964 Good luck with the sourdough.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry to hear there's no improvement in your arm pain. I'm glad your AC is now working. Good to see your Gibraltar photos and those of you and Jim.

@Nickelpenny That sounds like an interesting study you're in. Wow, that's a lot of cooking, especially just for you.

@Sharon in AZ Interesting about the thermostat. Right now I have smart thermostats. One I use in program and the other manual. I asked the HVAC guy who came out about replacing the radiator, to give me a price on wifi enabled thermostats. That way I wouldn't have to go up to the 3rd floor to adjust one of them. I haven't heard from him; I'll call next week.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating. 

A few Gibraltar pictures.

152.thumb.JPG.d1be8cde809f3677786ede7b2de173db.JPG

Europa Point Trinity Lighthouse

2080033416_154-EuropaPointTrinityLighthouseGibralter.thumb.JPG.10dde70d540e23f068bf310f26f6dd70.JPG

The Mosque of The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

2056924979_157-TheMosqueofTheCustodianoftheTheHolyMosques.thumb.JPG.2f466f0a37887dba3d192bf96aa6bb88.JPG

158.thumb.JPG.d1c79a11c2ef67922ded285290c58b8b.JPG

Caves in Gibralter

162.thumb.JPG.6419c409c2f25fdb1fc090c56ebb7bfb.JPG

Cathedral Cave

856255824_163-CathedralCaveGibralter.thumb.JPG.d0c55be6139c83facb1f3f45b5683136.JPG

Gibralter Barbary Macaques

818357831_164-GibraltarBarbarymacaque.thumb.JPG.6419f2d220eb54f6ed454c5fb3154b48.JPG

165.thumb.JPG.0d0b2f2940cbee5481f1a3d10e97d20c.JPG

Gibralter Cable Car

166.thumb.JPG.3cfa0e79702b3fe79e38b4ceae3374af.JPG

167.thumb.JPG.d41340269074d5ba2f4c998aa5fdecb9.JPG

Down in the town, where I bought a piece of Lladro

1822212267_169-InthetownofGibralter.thumb.JPG.9dbb270f878985ba4bd5a8b854e3f385.JPG

• Like 19
  • Thanks 13

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Independence Day to all my American friends!  Of course it would be barbecue day as well, how appropriate.  While I'm not a fan of current country music, I do appreciate the old classics.  Hot dogs and burgers on the barbecue day seem to be a theme, and so delicious, both of them.

We're back from Calgary - a good time with the in-laws, using google translate for most conversations, as Mama-san doesn't speak any English, and Papa-san has a little of the language.  What we couldn't do on our phones, our lovely daughter-in-law translated for us.  And of course, we enjoyed spending even a short time with our two grandsons.  Coming home yesterday, DH wanted to take a different route, so off we went, not looking at a map or phone, just heading out on the highway, turning when we figured we should and continuing on.  Oh my!  What should normally take us around 6 hours took nearly 9.  We went north, then east, then south, then west, then north again, ... you get the picture.  Finally found a town that had a little restaurant where we had lunch and asked for directions to Saskatoon.  Seems nobody ever asked that there before!  LOL  I finally relented and took out my phone and Miss Googly guided us back home.

@kazuI'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain, but glad there's hope on the horizon for you with stents.  Our friend had them placed last year and said his life has changed dramatically.

@Seasick Sailorprayers for your DS as she battles her way through this horrible disease.

This morning we were supposed to have window washers here at 9:30, but it's almost an hour past that and nobody's shown up.  I placed a phone call, but didn't get happy results . . . will see if anyone arrives even before noon.  I have to get my hair cut in half an hour and I told DH if they show up when I'm away, they can't even think of touching the deck windows until I return - even if that means waiting for me - as they made such a mess of them last year.  Thankfully I'm only 5 houses away for my appointment, which shouldn't take long.  

I'm going to pass on the drink of the day, would like the wine even if it is a little pricey, and prefer meat in my burgers.  I didn't have anything really planned, and last night the daughter of our older friends from out of town called to say they would be coming to the city for a medical appointment, and they want to take us out to dinner.  Her parents told her of the great meals they had at a nice Greek restaurant, so we're meeting them there for dinner tonight.  Not sure what we'll be ordering, but we know there will be lively conversation and good food in front of us.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil, and in the paths of destructive storms and fires.  Extra prayers for those who are remembering losses at this time of year.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3