The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 13th, 2024

Today is Gruntled Workers Day, International Day of Rock n' Roll, and National Barbershop Music Appreciation Day

When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.--Mahatma Gandhi

Meal Suggestion for today - Mojito-Marinated Chicken Kebabs
Drink of the Day - Tia Mia
Wine of the Day - Renato-Ratti-Langhe-Nebbiolo
Destination of the Day - Horta, Azores, Portugal

Today in History:
1772 Captain James Cook begins his second voyage to the South Seas aboard the Resolution to search for Terra Australis (Southern continent)
1937 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts is founded
1985 Live Aid benefit concert -- Held simultaneously in London and Philadelphia, the concert raised millions in benefit of those affected by famine in Ethiopia. Over a billion people tuned in around the world to watch the show.

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 07-14

Nieuw Statendam

Djupivogul, Iceland

Noordam

At Sea Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 07-14

Oosterdam

Olbia, Sardinia Italy 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Isafjordur, Westfjords Iceland 08:00 - 17:00

Volendam

Montreal, Quebec Canada 07:00 - 15:00

Westerdam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island Canada 20:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Skagway, Alaska 0630-2100

Zuiderdam

St Anthony NL, Newfoundland-Labrador Canada 08:00 - 17:00

0713World.thumb.png.7ddaada31430ce52673f846d92cbd92d.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 28

Good morning friends!  This is Saturday the 13th and we’ve reached St. Anthony, Newfoundland, Canada.  Weather is around 60F, windy and partly cloudy.  We will see sunshine for several hours mid-day and a possible high temp of 67F.  DH and I are taking a tour here to see L’anse aux Meadows again.  We saw it in 2018 on Seabourn Quest where we anchored and tendered to shore.  We enjoyed visiting Norstead and will see it again today, but also the larger Viking museum which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and National Historic Site operated by Parks Canada which we felt was too far to walk to last time.  It should be interesting.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  Let’s celebrate gruntled workers, rock and roll, and barbershop music.  What an encouraging quote by Gandhi.  I’m going to pass on the chicken kebabs, Tia Mia and the wine.  Exciting days for Captain Cook in 1772, the Live Aid Benefit Concert and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for the food and beverage reports.

Prayers for my DB, twin sister, Alex/Jordan’s twins, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and the troops overseas in harm’s way.  And big prayers for our Dailyites especially Chuck @catmando and Annie @marshhawk, Jacqui @kazu, Tana and Terry @smitty34877, Joy’s @Seasick Sailor DS Bonnie, Terri @Cruzin Terriand Richard and Maureen @RMLincoln.  Hoping for improvement in your conditions and pain levels.  Cheers to all celebrating special events and cruising!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the excellent lists!

The port of the day is Horta, Azores, Portugal.  This was the destination before on Aug. 27, 2021, Aug. 2, 2022 and Nov. 4, 2023.  I’ll post the links and repeat the photos I’ve shown in the past.

Hoping you all enjoy your Saturday.  Please stay safe and keep well.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

We enjoyed a fabulous day in Horta in April 2018 while on our Grand Med. and Africa cruise on the Prinsendam.  So many great ports!  The weather was perfect, thank goodness.  And for the final segment of the cruise we had our very special master of the ship, Captain D. D.

As I said, we arrived on a beautiful morning and were allowed to dock, no tendering needed.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLaoFmabHqxnkUzNon_bqBX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136760

A view of the city from the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHfsZ-7-qa6iDiJcDNCvjS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136778

I swear that looks like DH walking towards me down by the pool.  Could have been.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbMZ2u2jH0eMytRt0TZSN3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136790

The Azores has beautiful scenic hillsides like this.  I love observing the cows grazing - so peaceful.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIs-S_on9KLD2levLir7JXT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136811

This type of architecture is common in the area as well.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-9vAPSJGHQBV8dr8fmp_l?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085108

This is a popular spot for locals and tourist alike, Peter's Cafe Sport.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIK7t-CZ6GuE9wQNC5t1M-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085109

We stepped down some stairs to the waterfront and marina.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpuyYGJPZFuYEFGw0FoNDJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136861

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKD4uRMoeHG39gn2tz7n3fb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136861

Diving must be popular here because we saw several diving shops.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUj17ZqXHpWeIQmWJMhhoo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136875

Across the water from this spot on the marina is the highest point in Portugal, Pico Island.  That is a volcano named Ponta do Pico.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVf6U6OVHs0j57NJYjUUES?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136909

Next we headed towards this old fortress, the Fort of Santa Cruz.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL7iY_fP5_O8ll4xy9362TU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085133

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg8dtcdVOi6_lzJ0XC5sPH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137079

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMON4jDeXolRI4slmRUkvo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085135

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0HvMq_MgR-6APQHzhEpN6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137105

I think I'll stop at this point and continue in a second post.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 9

There were some girls dancing in what looked like an outdoor recital right out on the street.  People were gathered across the street lounging on a lawn to watch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgothNAXkSzLrtkWtPdFxD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085143

Some of the viewers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXCDkEAtSzQlUlPDytKqZD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137138

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnw46RMLLCXRDwAKtiACpR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137168

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOPj2ci8q2fU9uNiT_b440?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137168

We were headed back towards the ship now and would soon come upon a small park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWOWAermzR9JinpceQcYmT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085310

There was a pond there with black swans in residence.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsSb8VKRUyfqAuShfTrsg7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085303

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwezde3AVhS10EZeUaf2KM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137201

They had a very nicely done esplanade along the shore.  Great for viewing the ships.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCTK2dMUli-_YvyDVJKWkw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137243

And my favorite ship, the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2XC1yRp418DPncyyYJ_7N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137250

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7eFjFNqvfScb1_WCgLoKA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085317

At 4:50 pm we pulled away and began our journey across the Atlantic to Bermuda.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7FXP6-j5fTevT7ra4PAOY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137399

DH and I were standing on the deck just above the bridge with a nice view of the outside bridge wings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJxMUXKmK_wAVwt8rQ9RJtb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137428

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhLqwOBFRpbORo4uBU-JH1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137432

Captain D. D. saw us standing up there and asked us to meet him outside the Crow's Nest.  We did and he asked if we would like to have dinner in Canaletto the following night.  He also said we could bring our tablemates George and Sandy.  Of course we accepted!  He set the time at 7:00 pm the following night.  Later while we were dining he walked into the dining room and came over to our table to tell us he forgot about a meeting he had scheduled and could we make it at 7:30 pm instead?  We all said no problem, Captain!  You should have seen waiter Riris's face when the Captain walked away!  He came over with eyes wide and said "What was that about??"  Oh, just a little change in dinner plans.  By the way we won't be here for dinner tomorrow night, Riris!😅

One more thing, we were celebrating Kings Day that day and here is the cake they prepared as well as our monkeys with the orange wigs.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHhFyjLxHbOI_Jin4RKn_A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137436

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

It’s 80 right now heading up to 90 with afternoon showers.

Good selection of days.

Great quote from a great man.

I’ll pass on the meal.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 33

Today’s Care List:

Kazu having leg/foot pain, to have stents placed, planning a move

Cruzin Terri with right bicep muscle tear, steroid injection, in pain

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck unable to get stents unclogged, needs surgery

Mr. Boston battling a bad cold

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness

Lady Hudson’s friend post stroke, some paralysis, in rehab, feeding tube

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim with memory and anxiety issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Ger_77’s Summerfest

Crazy for Cats’ DH Juan getting a reward from work

Lady Hudson booking an October cruise

TiogaCruiser’s impressive shed that she built

RMLincoln’s DH eye itching improved

Ottahand7’s DB Nick post re-do knee replacement, now at home

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Norseh2o (Oceania Marina July 16 to Aug 29) 44d Epic Northern Adventure London to London, celebrating 50th anniversary

7 days for Cunnorl (Zuiderdam July 20 to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings

luvteaching (Westerdam to July 14) 7d Alaska Explorer, tupper10 (Zuiderdam to July 20) 21d Viking Passage and StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

• Like 19
  • Thanks 21

Thank you for the HAL fleet report and all the daily information.  Not sure why I’m up, or rather I’m still up. Didn’t have coffee late in the day so 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Going to a potluck this afternoon/evening and I’m bringing a crockpot cherry cobbler. It’s a favorite of the host’s DH. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. Thank you all for caring and sharing. Stay safe and healthy everyone. have a great weekend! 🙂

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning.

It is raining and 55°F here at 11.41am.

Thank you for today's FR & D.

3 worthy days and an excellent quote.

Today's food sounds nice.

Never been to today's port.

A great day in history for Captain Cook who lived in our part of North East England as a boy and there is a Captain Cook schoolboy museum in Great Ayton and a museum of his life in Marton  Middlesbrough.

Prayers 🙏 uplifted for all on the care list.

Best wishes for a nice day and lovely weekend for all Dailyites.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

There were some girls dancing in what looked like an outdoor recital right out on the street.  People were gathered across the street lounging on a lawn to watch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgothNAXkSzLrtkWtPdFxD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085143

Some of the viewers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXCDkEAtSzQlUlPDytKqZD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137138

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnw46RMLLCXRDwAKtiACpR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137168

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOPj2ci8q2fU9uNiT_b440?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137168

We were headed back towards the ship now and would soon come upon a small park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWOWAermzR9JinpceQcYmT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085310

There was a pond there with black swans in residence.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsSb8VKRUyfqAuShfTrsg7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085303

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwezde3AVhS10EZeUaf2KM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137201

They had a very nicely done esplanade along the shore.  Great for viewing the ships.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCTK2dMUli-_YvyDVJKWkw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137243

And my favorite ship, the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2XC1yRp418DPncyyYJ_7N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137250

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7eFjFNqvfScb1_WCgLoKA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085317

At 4:50 pm we pulled away and began our journey across the Atlantic to Bermuda.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7FXP6-j5fTevT7ra4PAOY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137399

DH and I were standing on the deck just above the bridge with a nice view of the outside bridge wings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJxMUXKmK_wAVwt8rQ9RJtb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137428

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhLqwOBFRpbORo4uBU-JH1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137432

Captain D. D. saw us standing up there and asked us to meet him outside the Crow's Nest.  We did and he asked if we would like to have dinner in Canaletto the following night.  He also said we could bring our tablemates George and Sandy.  Of course we accepted!  He set the time at 7:00 pm the following night.  Later while we were dining he walked into the dining room and came over to our table to tell us he forgot about a meeting he had scheduled and could we make it at 7:30 pm instead?  We all said no problem, Captain!  You should have seen waiter Riris's face when the Captain walked away!  He came over with eyes wide and said "What was that about??"  Oh, just a little change in dinner plans.  By the way we won't be here for dinner tomorrow night, Riris!😅

One more thing, we were celebrating Kings Day that day and here is the cake they prepared as well as our monkeys with the orange wigs.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHhFyjLxHbOI_Jin4RKn_A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137436

Lovely and interesting photos Sandi.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thank you for the Report.

A lovely crisp clear morning but it should be a humid 30C this afternoon, feeling like 35C (95F).

Three good days to celebrate.

A very inspirational quote from a great man.

The meal sounds good, I'll pass on the drink, not sure about the wine.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for lots of celebrations.

Have a great day.   Stay cool.

• Like 31

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for the FR&D.  Three nice days to celebrate.    Special prayers for Jacaui, Terri, Katherine’s friend, Sandi’s brother, Scottie,  Chuck, Bonnie and Tana with Annie and Chuck at the top of the list..

A nice quote by Ghandi.

I have not been to Horta.

Three interesting days in history, I especially like the one in 1985.

The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Chicken Noodle soup and apple caramel crumble, my lunch on VIA’s Canadian on the way to my 2018 Sea-Land-Sea Grand Alaska trip,

lunch13.jpg
Rain letting up today but more heat returning,.

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Good Saturday morning.  It cooled off last night and it was 59 outside when I woke up.  We will probably have one more cool day in the cabin.   Thanks for the Daily and maps Rich.  We will celebrate Rock and Roll always.  If it isn't sports or CNBC Classic Rock is our music channel in the truck.  A hopeful quote by Gandhi.   Thanks for the photos of today's beautiful port in the Azores Sandi!  I will pass on the Mojito chicken, the drink sounds good and I would love a Langhe Nebbiolo.

Thanks for the cares and celebrations lists Vanessa.  Chuck and Annie, I am so sad to read that Chuck will need surgery for his arterial blockage.  Prayers for Tana, Terry, Terrie and Bonnie.  @Mr. Boston I hope your cold is on the mend.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own.  Have a lovely day!  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone!

It is supposed to be a bright sunshiny day here in mid-Michigan.  The temps are going to be high and so is the humidity.  We turned the air on before going to bed last night as it was getting hot and stuffy in the house.  Rita went home last night.  DS MJ reports that it took her a bit to settle in as she was looking for us and missing us.  

@marshhawk  Poor Chuck!  He has been through it all with this.  I feel for both you as  you've been pulled from all directions on this issue.  Let's hope the bypass surgery does the trick.  

@kazu Belated birthday greetings to Ivan.  

I'm going to try the adult swim at the outdoor pool this morning and after that we will head to the farmers market.  

Today's meal sounds really good to me.  I like mojitos and I like chicken and the two sound like they would go together nicely.  Mojito Chicken Kebabs

moitochickenkebabs1.jpg.e6741bf96aff26db1c1bdce1df33cc61.jpg

Don't they look good?  Makes me want to fire up the grill!  We're going to do that later for the ribs I'm defrosting.  This next recipe is similar with a few differences.  But, it looks just as good.  I think I would cook the veggie kebabs a little longer.  Mojito Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs

mojitochickenkebabs2.thumb.jpg.4fd9bda52e07c2b9dc3e1c799ee302f5.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 15

Good very humid and cloudy morning. We did get some rain overnight. The heat wave starts today and lasts until Wednesday. Tuesday is supposed to be over 100.

Prayers are needed for my friend Denise, the wife of Steve , who we prayed for last winter when he fell and injured his leg. 
Denise was in an accident last evening when she was hit by another car on a country road. 
She is not injured but the car is totaled. Thank the lord she is okay and did not have her grandson with her. Carson just turned 5 last week.

Blessings and prayers for all on our journey.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich and many thanks to our F & B team.

Looks like another hot one which is fine with me. Barbershop music is always nice to hear and that today’s quote is encouraging in these times and inspirational. Legs and foot were mad at me and woke me up a couple of times.  Tired but  most of the house is done.  Just a few more little things I plan to go slow today and try to minimize the pain.

Ivan very much appreciated all his birthday wishes yesterday.  Hard to believe that 13 months ago I was questioning if he should be sent over the rainbow bridge due to his pain.  God bless his vet and Librela.  He is a new dog and very changed from the one that arrived here.  (In the good way).  

enjoyed yHorta when we were there - it was a very long time ago.

Annie @marshhawk I am so sorry about the medical debacle.  I don’t blame you for being angry, frustrated and sad.

Karen @luvteaching I’m glad your DM’s pacemaker procedure was successful but yikes on that fall - and in the ER!

Joy @summer slope I’m glad that the cancer has not migrated and hope that the doctors can help Bonnie 🙏 \

Prayers for those on the Care list and all those who need them 🙏 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Lots of clouds this morning. A nice breeze is growing. No rain is predicted, so these clouds may burn off. Lots of deer out enjoying breakfast. And our bucks’ racks are getting big. 

Vanessa, thank you for sharing our happenings. Glad to read that you try to fit some relaxing in. 

Gym, Bindi walks, prep for dinner tonight & then dinner with friends. 

IMG_3117.jpeg.51abea674161d9d3707146ee7a4fbd27.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg.b1090da2f44824c8b476af040093eb9c.jpeg

It is so hot these cats have melted!

IMG_3151.jpeg.3d230a365a2a74a4c090fe3c54eae38b.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Tana, I loved reading that you requested a dish! Hope you enjoyed it. Praying you have a good day.  Prayers for all our caregivers. Hoping you all take care of yourselves. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @ger_77 Gerry have a wonderful Summerfest!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Renato-Ratti-Langhe-Nebbiolo 2021

Though “pleasantly bitterish” doesn’t sound very appealing, in the interest of research, I would at least taste this wine. 😎 I used the 2021 vintage info. Consumers like it.  Easy to find and reasonably priced. Online prices start at $19.97.

Winemaker Notes

Not very intense ruby red colour. Fine, delicate and persistent bouquet with hints of wild strawberry and raspberry. Pleasantly bitterish taste, velvety, light and full at the same time.

Wine suitable for spit-roasted and grilled red meats, game, fondue with truffles, agnolotti, white and red meat dishes of the great cuisine with spicy sauces.

90James Suckling

Notes of ripe strawberries and cherries with rose petals and orange peel undertones. Medium-bodied and a little chewy. Rich and ripe fruit with toasty character to it. Drink now.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 2

Good morning to all Dailyites and Thank You for the Reports!!

I do think the Day's celebrations are fun!!!   Gruntled Workers Day -- mostly hear about DISgruntled workers!!!  This is nice to reflect on the good things about our work...

I like Mojitos and I like Chicken -- so I'd try these...

I think Tia Maria is a coffee liqueur, so I'd love this!

Now the wine would be an adventure for me...

And Horta...  I've never known there was a Horta in Portugal -- just in a Star Trek episode...  I think of the Horta Mommie protecting her young...  BUT NOW, I know and thank you!!!

Prayers and wishes for all on the list and those just suffering through unspoken things...

And a smile and hug to each of you!!!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

It is over a month since it rained here. No end in sight so far. The surrounding area has had some but the Blue Ridge, sometimes like now, works against us.

With modifying our cruise in October, we have considered changing our April cruise destination. It might have us trying Celebrity for the first time.

Have a Great Weekend!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

IMG_3117.jpeg.51abea674161d9d3707146ee7a4fbd27.jpeg

It is so hot these cats have melted!

IMG_3151.jpeg.3d230a365a2a74a4c090fe3c54eae38b.jpeg

OH, How I LOVE these two memes!!!  I think I'll use "Mood-poisoning" in the future!!!

And I love Dali paintings...  I think he'd love the second meme!!!  (But, in Texas, we KNOW hot!!)

• Like 27
  • Haha 1

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  It will be hot and muggy today, we are under an orange air quality alert, and the temps will be in the upper 90's.  Currently its 74 and sunny (we are still in the shade, but it is sunny).

@dfishThose kabobs look really good.

DH said he wanted Chicken from Popeye's last night so he could use the leftover peanut sauce on it.  He ate all of his meal (but for some reason that was the worst chicken I have ever gotten from Popeyes-it was rubbery) and too bland.  He really wanted to go to Vietvana last night, but I reminded him, that because he had surgery, he should stay home on the same night....We will go tonight.  

Today is a new day, and we need a new approach to living. I heard on the news that GA power will charge higher this summer, even though we have fixed rate.  One woman got a bill for 12K, oh my, and I always leave the porch door cracked so that the fur babies can come and go for fresh air.  The curtain is across the opening, so hope that will help.

@kazu Please share this with Ivan-

th?id=OIP.5FySKGJ-TRYrcxlapSBtQwHaIF&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

203896-Good-Morning-Happy-Saturday-Minion-Quote.jpg?2

I want to  post a picture of a place that made me happy-  I hope you like it.

image.thumb.jpeg.2b07b69475b1ddcb98e0bb42d127496d.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 5

Good morning. It is raining with thunderstorms coming soon. It must be a big one since my phone even sent an alert. We listen to music constantly here with my Allman Brothers, The Rolling Stones and Led Zepplin starring. I remember watching Live Aid and having multiple phone conversations with my Massachusetts brother. He taught me how to play “Stairway to Heaven” as a teenager . I taught my son the same years later.

The quote by Gandhi is powerful and gives me a bit of hope in dire times.

I was a gruntled worker and really loved my job.

@marshhawk, Annie, I could find no words for  you yesterday and wish we could do something to help. I hope today goes even a little bit better. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

@kazu, Jacqui, wow on getting so much done but I am worried about your pain level. i am glad Ivan had a good birthday.

Our family meal was nice last night as everyone enjoyed the bok choy dish from years ago. Today  my request is for a pasta dish with chicken and mozzarella that I made back in the day. I had to find the recipe in my old fashioned recipe box !

Enjoythe day everyone.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2