The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday July 18th, 2024

Today is National Caviar Day, National Sour Candy Day, and Nelson Mandela International Day

You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.--Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Meal Suggestion for today - Cabbage & White Bean Soup
Drink of the Day - Mickey Slim
Wine of the Day - Bogle Merlot
Destination of the Day - Greenock (Glasgow), Scotland, United Kingdom

Today in History:
1870 The first Vatican Council, also known as Vatican I, decrees the doctrine of Papal infallibility
1976 Nadia Comăneci (14) becomes the first gymnast in Olympic Games history to score a perfect 10 score (doing so 7 times) at Montreal Games

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 06:30 - 13:00

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Skagway, Alaska 05:30 - 21:00

Nieuw Statendam

Newcastle upon Tyne, England 08:00 - 17:00

Noordam

Juneau, Alaska 0800-1700

Oosterdam

Barcelona, Spain ovnt - 17:00

Rotterdam

Firthof Forth 09:00 - 23:59

Volendam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Sitka, Baranof Island Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm, Alaska eta 07-19

Zuiderdam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 17:00

0718Alaska.thumb.png.ab0208759ece57a6f7e90e999c3bf8e5.png

0718Atlantic.thumb.png.670a950f8b91dfef492c93d5ecc176fa.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 27

Mickey Slim Cocktail is a simple drink that is made with absinthe, sugar cube, and gin.
The 1940s-1950s used to be the era of this cocktail. However, the Mickey Slim Cocktail was banned from many countries because it contained DDT, so its popularity was short-lived.
Ingredients:
2 oz. gin
1 oz. absinthe
Directions:
Pour Gin into glass
Top the gin with absinthe.
Place one large sugar cube on your slotted spoon, and poor ice cold water over the sugar cube on the slotted spoon slowly till it dissolves in the liquors
Garnish your Mickey Slim Cocktail with a lime or lemon

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 6.25.54 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 21

Good morning friends!  It’s pretty foggy out as we arrive in Halifax this morning.  I see on Cruisemapper that Volendam is right behind us but I cannot see it.  I hope they hear our foghorn!  Weather apps say Halifax is 62 and will be cloudy and 75 later with hazy sunshine around 10 to 11.  Another weather app says a high of only 71 and morning showers.  Who knows?  It rained yesterday morning in Sydney, NS and that wasn’t in anybody’s forecast!  There was quite a bit of sun there though so hopefully everyone enjoyed their time spent there.

Thanks Rich  @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  I’m not really interested in caviar or sour candy, but will gladly celebrate Nelson Mandela today.  Nicholas Sparks tells it like it is.  I’ll probably pass on the soup because I’m not a huge fan of cabbage.  Also probably won’t try the Mickey Slim or Merlot.  It doesn’t seem that long ago we watched Nadia Comaneci perform those perfect 10 routines but 1976 is going back a while.  I’m not really up to date on the 1870 1st Vatican Council.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers  for our Daily Care list group, especially Jacqui @kazu who’s undergoing her surgical procedure today and we all wish her a pain free life afterward.  Heal quickly Jacqui!  Also for Tana who is struggling so much lately.  And for Chuck @catmando and Annie @marshhawk who are going through such tough days.  I wish they’d get that surgery done for Chuck as that would help you both out so much.  Fast recovery wishes to our Covid sufferers.  Prayers for the family of the 8 week old who died in the car in Philadelphia.  There’s no excuse good enough for that mistake.  I’ll also pray for my DB, twin sister and Alex and Jordan as they prepare for their 2 new arrivals.  Also for the people in Israel and Ukraine still living with fear in their countries, the hostages still held, and the men and women of our military in the region.  Cheers for those celebrating special events and cruising again.  Charlene @cunnorl safe travels to you as you head to Boston to board Zuiderdam.  We’ll leave her the same way we found her!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the list keeping each day!

It was good to hear from Tony @HAL4NOW and Linda @lindaler yesterday and we wish them the best.  Hope we hear from Melisa @HAL Sailer again.  I’m afraid I’ve lost hope for Sally @St. Louis Sal.

The port this morning is Greenock, (for Glasgow), Scotland.  We had it here before on March 2, 2021 and Jan. 1, 2022.  I’ve been there a few times and will repost my photos soon.  Here are the links for your convenience.

Try your darndest to have a super Thursday.  And please stay safe and keep well.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.

It is 72°F and partly sunny here.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

3 good days and excellent quote.

I worked for a company based in Greenock and stayed in hotels there.

Gourock just up the river is a beautiful place.

Prayers 🙏 for all they can help.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

17212990607996769253954460319623.jpg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

It’s 77 this AM heading up to 93 with afternoon showers.

Good selection of days.

I’m a little conflicted with the quote.

I would try the meal.

Shot my age yesterday with a 78 but I had a double bogey on the last hole which soured things a bit. It’s been pretty darn hot and I’m thinking of giving up Wednesday’s and just playing on Monday’s and Friday’s through the rest of the summer as I’ve had heat exhaustion problems in the past, one of my teammates had to quit after 9 holes yesterday.

Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 3

I looked at my photo books and have verified that I haven't actually had a stop in Glasgow yet.  On the first stop in 2011 on Emerald Princess, we and our friends took a tour of Edinburgh from Greenock.  It was about a 90 minute drive. Here is what low tide looks like in Greenock, taken from the bus. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJFbxaJU5uQmGnfS_HbTY_z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616112178

But on the way to Edinburgh we drove through Glasgow. Here is the Glasgow airport as seen through the bus windows, plus crossing the River Clyde.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICb1nIe3SKx_9fBqGoPVuB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616112182

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBjUvmV5GBPkPMDIbXpQmP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616112303

On our 2015 Royal Princess stop in Greenock we took a morning walk, where I saw one church after another!  So many!  That afternoon another couple (who are friends from prior cruises) and I took a tour of Loch Lomond and the village of Luss.  It rained and rained that afternoon and I think I posted a photo of my friend Sandy and I standing with umbrellas next to a friendly duck who of course liked all that rain.🦆00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIOyZS0Q3-VP39lm9RktDXl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194860

On our way to Loch Lomond our bus took a ferry due to time constraints.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVILGwoCoDt62nRi3uM9muvN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435190977

There's our bus00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIk37NzkVeWODCVpX-7oVPq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435190993

We never did see the Loch Ness monster in that loch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINAe9EjuNC9ZmdFSljVnn_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191046

Here we are in Luss.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIi8sHRGnj806W9ZIeISd2H?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191148

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKF_GSE502M4dwj-CEXt9WO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191156

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL65MAss35e8eurI9ta-Uy5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191201

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLD8DS38vKXg-OvJZSKw0Zm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194865

On our bus ride we stopped at a scenic lookout called Rest and Be Thankful.  Due to the rain we had to dash off the bus and snap a few photos from under our umbrellas.  It would be beautiful on a sunny day.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLkUKY2xYwOsr3DstFYa8TO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191100

On our 2017 Prinsendam visit, it was again a showery day so we took a short walk to the local mall and back.  There's a nice coffee shop there.  I don't drink coffee so this would be DH's.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtYnWa10ckgnQOtbRA-AR5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435190894

On our 2019 Prinsendam visit we walked through town past the mall to the park on top of the highest hill, Well Park.  I posted photos of that too.  This was taken on the way to the mall.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBVbxsDZftQqaMjuj2sbIV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789718

Inside the mall.  We've found if we walk to the back entrance we end up in a nice area of town just below that big hill I mentioned earlier.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIUb9dszDWbhss5W33gMeMJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789733

Walking out the back door you see this courtyard area and the tall church steeple.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLH4wniy6Ny79GoR86FAG3Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794328

A statue in the courtyard.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrJuB0YLLQWaca4APDw_u8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794330

And here is the church we saw with a lovely gazebo in front of it.  That's when we noticed the tall hill nearby and went in search of stairs to go up to the park there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0H9MbtBELahmnjacn_drN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794341

Name of the church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPm2tO4B44ZkRcNaSKyOnH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789893

Imagine our surprise when we found this huge flat area at the top of the hill.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKAu75PlxM-4H5mVpgq71h7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789836

From here we saw the church steeple, another tall tower, and off in the distance on the left side, is that our Prinsendam?  At the bottom of the cloud.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIypBiihBBynlffAntwn3im?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789827

Check out this view!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ-9_eRpMpDqQZh79Y6q2my?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789843

The well the park is named after.  It says 1629!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbTvoIteJ_8yTMWbvJ9hfg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789860

And a nice large statue to decorate the park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-90pAwhSMe3vX4hQDP7Es?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794361

I wouldn't mind coming back to Well Park again, if I didn't want to try out a trip to Glasgow next time.  And let's hope the weather is this nice when I'm there again.  God willing!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 8

Today’s Care List:

Kazu having stents placed today for leg/foot pain

Seasick Sailor’s DSis has appointment with surgeon today

Vict0riann’s appointment with her surgeon today

Cruzin Terri with right bicep muscle tear, pain, post-Covid effects

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck unable to get stents unclogged, needs surgery

Vict0riann’s DD having Covid

Superoma and DH with Covid

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Status of Cruzn single, Hal Sailer

Luvteaching’s stuck hip flexor muscle

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck’s vascular issues, on immunotherapy, pain & jaw issues due to prior radiation

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Lady Hudson!

Kazu’s Ivan did well with dental surgery

Aliaschief’s family vacation at St. George Island

TiogaCruiser’s impressive shed that she built

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Cunnorl (Zuiderdam July 20 to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings

2 days for St Pete Cruiser (Zuiderdam July 20 to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings

tupper10 (Zuiderdam to July 20) 21d Viking Passage, StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage, Lady Hudson (Liberty of the Seas to July 23) 5d Bermuda Cruise and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Aug 29) 44d Epic Northern Adventure London to London, celebrating 50th anniversary

• Like 21
  • Thanks 22

Good morning, everyone!  

Just a quick stop in this morning as I am heading to Ann Arbor in a few minutes to work a booth at the Art Fair.  

Healing thoughts to @kazu Jacqui this morning. I hope all goes well with your surgery and that it totally fixes the pain problem in your legs.  @marshhawk Annie, hugs to you.  I hope things turn around and that Chuck gets scheduled for surgery soon.  Maybe that will help him turn things around.

Today's meal is a great soup that will be nice this fall when the weather cools. The only thing that would make it better is the addition of butternut squash.  I know Paul @kochleffel wouldn't eat it without the butternut squash.  White Bean and Cabbage Soup

Cabbageandwhitebeansoup1.thumb.jpg.cf3b61c913491674a6a0f15620c705fc.jpg

The last recipe was a hearty soup.  This one is an herby soup.  Herby White Bean and Cabbage Soup

Cabbageandwhitebeansoup2.thumb.jpg.966cdbb1e284f9356e69b4a271278d58.jpg

And this one is an easy soup.  It also twists things up with a tomato broth.  https://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/easy-white-bean-cabbage-soup/

Cabbageandwhitebeansoup3.thumb.jpg.4cbad61d755c165f1ae112d9b27145a4.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 20

I wouldn't turn down caviar but I don't think I'm likely to be offered any. However, from a breakfast buffet in Iceland (this is cod roe, not sturgeon):

kaviar.thumb.jpg.bbc8cb141b07357e412807a2009f1c5a.jpg

It won't be as hot today, but I still don't want soup and I finished the savoy cabbage yesterday. I would be afraid to order a Mickey Slim, because in a noisy environment the bartender might hear it as Mickey Finn. I was startled by the DDT reference but it seems to be genuine: at one time people thought it had hallucinogenic properties. Absinthe is the substitute because people also thought that it was hallucinogenic. However, some countries banned absinthe for a long time because of its general association with dissolute behavior.

There is much more Merlot in the Finger Lakes than there ought to be. I'll suggest the 2016 from the Element Winery, $35.99. "Blackberries, plums, currants and herbal, savory notes are balanced on the nose with gravel and stoney minerality. The palate is plump, but with tension and verve. This wine has a long future in front of it."

I had a hypoglycemic episode around 9:00 p.m. last night, the first in several years. I'm not on any medication to reduce blood sugar, so it was quite a surprise. After it I was very tired and so went to bed early, unfortunately waking at 4:00 a.m.

livestream.jpg.1ccfa8bf08a592af9e399b6385fa4374.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Good morning from chilly upper Michigan. It is 45 but is getting into.the 70s.  Thanks for the daily and maps Rich.  I will celebrate Nelson Mandela, used to enjoy sour candy especially the Sour Patch Kids. I like to celebrate a cruise with caviar but HA can't seem to stock anything but Russian so that is a nyet for me.  As @MISTER 67 said I don't know if I agree with the quote. Thanks for the lovely photos of you Greenock and Glasgow Sandi. I'll pass on the cabbage soup, the Absinthe cocktail and the Bogle Merlot.  

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.  Prayers for Jacqui as she has her surgical procedure this morning.   Prayers for Tana, Terry, Chuck, Annie, Terri and Bonnie.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own.   

Bon voyage @Lady Hudson!! 🍾🛳️

We are heading to town to pick up a prescription which is about 90 minutes away.  Have a lovely day! Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Since I posted we've arrived at the dock and the weather app says it is now 64F.  It also says it's sunny out but that is false. May even be raining. 

Debbie @dfish enjoy your day in Ann Arbor.  The weather looks good, doesn't it?  75 and sunny.  I've been to the Art Fair before and it's a good time and very interesting.

And Bon Voyage to Katherine @Lady Hudson!  Enjoy!

• Like 29

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I looked at my photo books and have verified that I haven't actually had a stop in Glasgow yet.  On the first stop in 2011 on Emerald Princess, we and our friends took a tour of Edinburgh from Greenock.  It was about a 90 minute drive. Here is what low tide looks like in Greenock, taken from the bus. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJFbxaJU5uQmGnfS_HbTY_z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616112178

But on the way to Edinburgh we drove through Glasgow. Here is the Glasgow airport as seen through the bus windows, plus crossing the River Clyde.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICb1nIe3SKx_9fBqGoPVuB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616112182

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBjUvmV5GBPkPMDIbXpQmP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616112303

On our 2015 Royal Princess stop in Greenock we took a morning walk, where I saw one church after another!  So many!  That afternoon another couple (who are friends from prior cruises) and I took a tour of Loch Lomond and the village of Luss.  It rained and rained that afternoon and I think I posted a photo of my friend Sandy and I standing with umbrellas next to a friendly duck who of course liked all that rain.🦆00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIOyZS0Q3-VP39lm9RktDXl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194860

On our way to Loch Lomond our bus took a ferry due to time constraints.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVILGwoCoDt62nRi3uM9muvN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435190977

There's our bus00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIk37NzkVeWODCVpX-7oVPq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435190993

We never did see the Loch Ness monster in that loch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINAe9EjuNC9ZmdFSljVnn_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191046

Here we are in Luss.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIi8sHRGnj806W9ZIeISd2H?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191148

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKF_GSE502M4dwj-CEXt9WO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191156

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL65MAss35e8eurI9ta-Uy5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191201

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLD8DS38vKXg-OvJZSKw0Zm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194865

On our bus ride we stopped at a scenic lookout called Rest and Be Thankful.  Due to the rain we had to dash off the bus and snap a few photos from under our umbrellas.  It would be beautiful on a sunny day.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLkUKY2xYwOsr3DstFYa8TO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435191100

On our 2017 Prinsendam visit, it was again a showery day so we took a short walk to the local mall and back.  There's a nice coffee shop there.  I don't drink coffee so this would be DH's.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtYnWa10ckgnQOtbRA-AR5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435190894

On our 2019 Prinsendam visit we walked through town past the mall to the park on top of the highest hill, Well Park.  I posted photos of that too.  This was taken on the way to the mall.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBVbxsDZftQqaMjuj2sbIV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789718

Inside the mall.  We've found if we walk to the back entrance we end up in a nice area of town just below that big hill I mentioned earlier.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIUb9dszDWbhss5W33gMeMJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789733

Walking out the back door you see this courtyard area and the tall church steeple.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLH4wniy6Ny79GoR86FAG3Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794328

A statue in the courtyard.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrJuB0YLLQWaca4APDw_u8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794330

And here is the church we saw with a lovely gazebo in front of it.  That's when we noticed the tall hill nearby and went in search of stairs to go up to the park there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0H9MbtBELahmnjacn_drN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794341

Name of the church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPm2tO4B44ZkRcNaSKyOnH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789893

Imagine our surprise when we found this huge flat area at the top of the hill.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKAu75PlxM-4H5mVpgq71h7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789836

From here we saw the church steeple, another tall tower, and off in the distance on the left side, is that our Prinsendam?  At the bottom of the cloud.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIypBiihBBynlffAntwn3im?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789827

Check out this view!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ-9_eRpMpDqQZh79Y6q2my?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789843

The well the park is named after.  It says 1629!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbTvoIteJ_8yTMWbvJ9hfg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789860

And a nice large statue to decorate the park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-90pAwhSMe3vX4hQDP7Es?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794361

I wouldn't mind coming back to Well Park again, if I didn't want to try out a trip to Glasgow next time.  And let's hope the weather is this nice when I'm there again.  God willing!

Lovely collection of photos Sandi.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the FR&D   I’ll celebrate Nelson Mandela (and once got to step into his cell) but not the Caviar or Sour Candy.   Special prayers for  Terri, Katherine’s friend, Sandi’s brother, Scottie,  Chuck, Bonnie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.  

The Sparks quote sounds pretty selfish to me.

I have been to Glascow by land but not on a ship.  It was way back in 1996..

Two very diverse days in history today.  I’ll celebrate Nadia, not so much the Vatican council.

I’ll pass on the meal. , My alternative Mixed Seasonal Greens, Turkey Scaloppini, and Triple Berry Alaskan Tart my first ever dinner on MS Volendam July 18, 2018.

dishes18.jpg

Today will be hot but not brutal like the days earlier this week.  Great to hear from Lindaler and Hal4now yesterday.  I agree that with Lou Gehrig disease St. Louis Sal is probably no longer with us, and am fearful for Cruising Single.  Bon Voyage Katherine..

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

Happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Got more rain yesterday. Temperatures have cooled but very humid. Going up to 85 today. Clients and my class scheduled for today. Saturday, we move the rest of my furniture out of the office, and I will be officially working from home. Now, I just have to fix up my home office. I need it to be very flexible as I produce videos and a podcast from there as well. So, I will teach my classes in there. I will see my therapy clients (virtually) and I am building a travel business. I have a wall that is going to be the backdrop for the videos and need to figure how to incorporate all of these elements. Sometimes I get overwhelmed just thinking about it. Deep breath. 

@kochleffel, as a diabetic, those hypoglycemic episodes are no fun. I have not had one in over a year since my doctor took me off of one of my medications that would drop my sugar too low. Take care of yourself. 

Bon voyage @Lady Hudson!

Kittens, Bon Voyage, boat Pet Quotes, Animal Quotes, Harry Whittier ...

Thinking of all on the care list.

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Still Waiting for Friday - Happy Thursday

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  Thanks for the maps.

Cool and clear when I took Bertie for a walk, only 13C (55F), too cool for this time of year.  But it's supposed to warm up to a sunny 23C (73F) this afternoon.  That will be wonderful.

I admire Nelson Mandela.  I'll pass on caviar and sour candy.

Not sure how I feel about the quote.  Too selfish?  But sometimes you have to put yourself first.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink but I'll try the wine.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@kazu Prayers for you and your medical team.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 31

Good morning all.

Sorry I did not get to post yesterday. i was just too tired having had no sleep the night before.

My visit with the Orthopedic Doc resulted in a referral to an Ortho Surgeon.  So I am waiting for that appointment. There is nothing more that can be done for me non surgically. So I will see what the surgeon has to say and go forward.  

If i can figure out a way to live with this pain, I will forego the surgery.

Surgery will require that I have help during recovery not to mention a driver to get me to and from Jacksonville.  

Just too many things to think about.

Vanessa, you can take my name off the Cares list.  I appreciate you keeping it there, but nothing is going out change fora while.  My after Covid symptoms are resolving.  

Thank you all for your prayers and concern.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

15 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Got more rain yesterday. Temperatures have cooled but very humid. Going up to 85 today. Clients and my class scheduled for today. Saturday, we move the rest of my furniture out of the office, and I will be officially working from home. Now, I just have to fix up my home office. I need it to be very flexible as I produce videos and a podcast from there as well. So, I will teach my classes in there. I will see my therapy clients (virtually) and I am building a travel business. I have a wall that is going to be the backdrop for the videos and need to figure how to incorporate all of these elements. Sometimes I get overwhelmed just thinking about it. Deep breath. 

@kochleffel, as a diabetic, those hypoglycemic episodes are no fun. I have not had one in over a year since my doctor took me off of one of my medications that would drop my sugar too low. Take care of yourself. 

Bon voyage @Lady Hudson!

Kittens, Bon Voyage, boat Pet Quotes, Animal Quotes, Harry Whittier ...

Thinking of all on the care list.

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Still Waiting for Friday - Happy Thursday

Pauline said thank you.

Princess Pauline is what she is called at work.

• Like 22