The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 6th, 2024

7 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:
Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

With the happiness that yesterday brought, sadness has reared it's head in that I have decided to put Sam down on Friday.

First the new baby! No name YET! Mom and baby are doing very well. Lilly is excited as a two year old can be!  We stayed with her once her mother's water broke at 12:30 am until last evening when her dad came home for some rest. We are just waiting on the call today to go back for Lily. Not sure if my daughter will come home tomorrow or Thursday.

Last evening Sam got himself into a corner in the kitchen just before we came home. His rear legs are really almost useless for trying to stand. Unfortunately it was a section of the hardwood floor that we don't have covered with throw rugs, towels, etc. It took almost a half hour to get him moved and on his feet. Very, very wobbly after that. We decided last night to go ahead with putting him down. The vet offered to do it late today but we will be at my daughter's house. It has been the worst week to decide as we have had the guest with young boys, my daughter having the baby early, and just the fact of making a decision! Then we had the same occur this morning of getting stuck in the Front Room! The guests will leave today instead of tomorrow which should help to calm the situation. I have noticed this week marked deterioration in his rear legs so it is time. He will have been with us three years Saturday and would be 12 in November.

Sam in better days
0201231719a.thumb.jpg.6d4bd13ddcfa86e262419e9b4dd91b75.jpg

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

I'm so sorry you had to make that decision.  My heart goes out for you.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:
Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

With the happiness that yesterday brought, sadness has reared it's head in that I have decided to put Sam down on Friday.

First the new baby! No name YET! Mom and baby are doing very well. Lilly is excited as a two year old can be!  We stayed with her once her mother's water broke at 12:30 am until last evening when her dad came home for some rest. We are just waiting on the call today to go back for Lily. Not sure if my daughter will come home tomorrow or Thursday.

Last evening Sam got himself into a corner in the kitchen just before we came home. His rear legs are really almost useless for trying to stand. Unfortunately it was a section of the hardwood floor that we don't have covered with throw rugs, towels, etc. It took almost a half hour to get him moved and on his feet. Very, very wobbly after that. We decided last night to go ahead with putting him down. The vet offered to do it late today but we will be at my daughter's house. It has been the worst week to decide as we have had the guest with young boys, my daughter having the baby early, and just the fact of making a decision! Then we had the same occur this morning of getting stuck in the Front Room! The guests will leave today instead of tomorrow which should help to calm the situation. I have noticed this week marked deterioration in his rear legs so it is time. He will have been with us three years Saturday and would be 12 in November.

Sam in better days

- Jack

I'm so sorry but sometimes we just know it's time - we're getting close with our Max.  (((HUGS)))

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks!  Look forward to seeing your dashboard breakfast!

This was one of my 4 breakfasts in our hotel in the English Lake District last week.

IMG_20240801_082659.jpg

• Like 21

Welcome back, @RedneckBob.  To celebrate I will put brussels sprouts in my foil packet fish dinner.

@Cruzin Terri Thank you for checking in this morning.  I am so relieved that you came through unscathed.  

@Heartgrove I am sorry you had to make that decision for Sam.  That is one of the hardest decisions in life, but rest easy knowing you gave Sam three excellent years.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

👍 Thank you Terry!  
Hers info I just pulled off internet about Bluffton flooding, to give you clues as to your surroundings. Staying in sounds best!  
Continued Blessings! Maureen

IMG_2599.jpeg.003b1c08f2324436fb040fc9b376377d.jpegIMG_2600.jpeg.b96fc1dc54b4b8eb02ecef156b2542d1.jpeg

I don’t live near those areas.  While we have water in our back yard we are not flooded. The golf course is still okay. So are the roads.  As long as we stay put, so far we are okay.

Thank you Maureen.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

A little cooler today in north NJ. And then much cooler, stormy and rainy the rest of the week. I’m glad we can stay in and safe. 
I don’t recall this port in Norway. 

Yesterday went well at the GI doctor’s. He recommended Pepcid, experimenting with cutting out some vitamins, and I’m scheduled for an upper GI scoping end of October. I developed heartburn and reflux about two years ago. It’s a little better lately, not quite every day but a nuisance. It’s not life threatening but it’d sure be nicer if I could learn how to decrease it. Never had this before then. Stuff happens!  

Blessings for all dealing with storm Debby especially @Cruzin Terri and Jim- so good to see your updates!
And for all in need, near and far. Hoping to hear some encouraging reports!  
Have a blessed day! Maureen 

I take Align with probiotics for my reflux and yoghurt

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, 

It's a cloudy start to the day but the sun is supposed to come out and the highs will be around 73 so a nice day overall. I love lighthouses but not a fan of root beer floats. Growing up my parents made their own root beer and I have memories of the big crock they mixed it in, the bottle capper, and helping make it but I never was a soda pop drinker. 

Yesterday was water aerobics and the pool was great. Then it was just things around the house. Today the suitcases will be out and I'll start on the packing - at least a little bit. 

Karen

• Like 22

Good morning to all. Prayers for those having health issues and in the path of Debbie. Was having bad knee issues myself and could not take meds because of heart so have tried knee pain patches and they seem to work well. Have better mobility and can sleep at night. Thought this might help someone. Was on the point of cancelling Panama cruise coming up but these are helping. Stay safe and have a pleasant day. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Fresh breath is a good thing. I'm not sure I ever had a root beer float, but think I'd like it. Lighthouses are a favorite of mine to photograph. National Night Out is a big thing here, with police trying to establish good community relations. Good quote, but I don't think that's the only purpose in life. I'll pass on the meal (fish). I remember when I was in college, 7 and 7's were popular - I'll pass. Pass on the wine. I haven't been to Farsund. 2 good and 2 sad days in history.

It's very humid, 82F with a high of 88F, and possible strong storms later. I had trouble going to sleep last night. I tried out sleeping on both sides to see the effects, but there wasn't much. I was up and out early to see the ENT. He did the Epley maneuver and saw some nystagmus (movement of the eye) on the left side. So he had his vestibular therapist do a treatment. I'm to leave it alone for a week, and if I still have issues then do the maneuvers at home. I go back for some test with goggles where video is taken of my eyes while I'm put through movements; if I'm all better by then, I'm not sure it will still be needed. My MRI is still not back; apparently a shortage of radiologists and reports are taking weeks to come in. This afternoon I have another doctor's appointment, and hope to be home before the heavy rain starts.

@aliaschief Welcome home.

@dfish I'm glad the pain has subsided again.

@Sir PMP Thanks for the map and photo.

@kazu Hugs to you as you go through this difficult transition. 

@RedneckBob Good to see you back! Congrats on the weight loss; that's hard work. 

@0106 Lovely photo of that lighthouse.

@smitty34877 I hope the aide will stay, as she sounds like the kind of person one wants to have caring for Tana. 

@lindaler Exciting news about the eclipse cruise and the Amazon one. 

@Cruzin Terri Thanks for checking in and letting us know you're ok. Stay safe.

@Haljo1935 Good luck with HR.

@marshhawk I hope Chuck will get some answers to his concerns and will accept what the doctors have to say. Nice Alaska photos and lighthouses.

@Heartgrove Sad news following the happy news, but I know you're doing what's best for Sam. Hugs to you as you've made this hard decision.

@mamaofami I hope you're starting to feel better.

@HAL Sailer I hope things are ok with you and DH.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Sam in better days

- Jack

So sorry about Sam. It is always such a hard decision to make. He had a good life with you.

Susan

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

It is strange that the WiFi is working and so is the phone.  No one came to fix anything and I doubt anyone will in the near future.  I am just grateful that it is working.

The Weather Channel shows that Debby is 15 miles South of Savannah, Georgia.  We are about 20 north of Savannah.  Since it is moving very slowly, I am sure she will be with us for a while, they say at least until Friday.  

We are not out of the woods yet, but we are about 20 feet above sea level where we live, so we have a bit of advantage.  

We are staying put and being very careful

Thank you all for your concern.

Terri

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all!

Like Karen @luvteaching said, we're having a cloudy and cooler morning.  Only up to the low 70's today.  I'll enjoy it, since it will heat up again later this week.

Fresh breath is important, I love root beer floats but haven't had one in a long time, and as cruisers I know we all have seen a lot of lighthouses!  I have to disagree with the quote...what about making others happy? Frankly the quote surprised me.

I would like the meal, will pass on the drink and would like the wine if someone else is buying.  We've been to Norway but not to Farsund.

Yesterday I'm afraid I overdid with the gardening in the back yard and now have a bad crick in my neck.  The left hip is affected too.  But as usual, even though I knew I'd be hurting today, I didn't stop...my sickness LOL.  It does look good, is my only consolation. 😉 

@RedneckBob You were missed!  Welcome back 🙂  

Debbie @dfish So glad to hear that the pain is gone.

Jacqui @kazu I can only imagine the emotions you're having -- hugs!  

Terry @smitty34877 Your thoughts about the aide make a lot of sense.  She sounds like a very caring, thoughtful person and I hope she continues on with you.

@Cruzin Terri Thanks for checking in.  My relatives in Savannah said they had 4 tornado warnings yesterday -- but only 2 1/2 inches of rain the last 12 hours.  

Sam @Heartgrove My heart breaks for you, but you're doing the right thing.  Sam has had a good life with you.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. Good collection of days today. I like the recipes but no to the drink, maybe yes to the wine. 

I am so sorry @cunnorl, yesterday I wished you a happy birthday when in fact it was your anniversary!  Belated congratulations to you and your DH. I believe you ate at the Pinnacle Grill, and if you did I’d love to know how it was since I’m eating there twice soon. 

@Heartgrove, I am so sorry to hear about Sam. You have been so caring and have helped him have a longer life for sure. Please let us know the new granddaughter’s name. 

And now some Canadian lighthouses.  Peggy’s Cove:

IMG_3893.thumb.jpeg.f680d214e0554ec2e26b4170917256e7.jpeg

Point Prim lighthouse, PEI:

IMG_3761.thumb.jpeg.61ae8f4043ea9b015bdd9b026771048b.jpeg

Wood Islands lighthouse, PEI:

IMG_3785.thumb.jpeg.db00377271db52f1829b140ac7425850.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

It is strange that the WiFi is working and so is the phone.  No one came to fix anything and I doubt anyone will in the near future.  I am just grateful that it is working.

The Weather Channel shows that Debby is 15 miles South of Savannah, Georgia.  We are about 20 north of Savannah.  Since it is moving very slowly, I am sure she will be with us for a while, they say at least until Friday.  

We are not out of the woods yet, but we are about 20 feet above sea level where we live, so we have a bit of advantage.  

We are staying put and being very careful

Thank you all for your concern.

Terri

So glad you are back “on the air” with Wi-Fi and phone!  Always grateful for small miracles!  And safe and dry!  Yay! Breathe, rest, and stay prepared for along haul. 
Continued blessings!

And thank you for the updates!  M— 

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, highscar said:

HIA ?    I have already paid for two tours. If I now add HIA to my cruise will I be reimbursed the difference allowed? 

No, but you can either cancel which triggers a refund and rebook using HIA credits or once onboard ask Shore Exc to move them excursions and refund your CC.

A couple watch outs: if the excursions are sold out or nearing capacity, you risk losing your spots by canceling and rebooking. Also, canceling & rebooking puts you in jeopardy of paying a higher price if there's been an increase.

• Like 15

Hugs 🫂 🤗 and prayers 🙏 @Heartgrove as you feel the weight of your decision and approach Sam's appointment. He's a beautiful boy and I know your heart is both full & breaking at this time. I hope you're able to carve some time with him this week 💔❤️

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, highscar said:

HIA ?    I have already paid for two tours. If I now add HIA to my cruise will I be reimbursed the difference allowed? 

You could cancel and rebook the excursions but I would be worried that they might be sold out so instead I suggest a phone call to the shore excursions line. I don’t have the number but it’s on the website. 

edited to say….. sorry @Haljo1935, I didn’t see that you had responded!  

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Good Tuesday morning.  

Just a quick post.  Busy morning and I am feeling quite sick about the whole thing.  I don’t regret my decision but  leaving the home and gardens I love, the enormity of the task  and being alone has really hit home. Pain doesn’t help.

Heart hugs to you Jacqui!  I get it. It was very hard for me to leave the home we built in NM, the community we were such a part of.  Looking at all I had loved there was different than how the future would be, as you know, recognize and understand. I figured out what I really was going to miss was being 40! And the place where I was 40 and made all that great part of life happen!  There is new life coming, but it does take healing. One day at a time is Everything! M—

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Also regarding these tours. I got numerous “ cart rejected try again” with time limit.  Finally I checked y credit card charges and there it was. Paid for.  Go figure.   ????   Buy the way they are still in my cart.  

• Like 10