Have you stayed in an Inside cabin and would you again?

sjde

Virtually all of our cruises have been in an inside cabin. Only ever sleep and shower in there. Spend the rest of our time elsewhere on ship or in port. Great for a good nights sleep also as it's so dark. Also allows us to go on a few holidays a year as they're cheaper.

Looking for info on inside cabins since we've never done it and are considering it.

In my 30's, when money was tight (and our cruises were short duration), "inside" was fine. In my 60's (and beyond), only balcony will do. However, being yachties, the size of our cabin space/head is not a major issue - no need for a suite with a walk-in closet (or anything close to that).

Mrs prefers inside even tho we certainly can afford balc' which I prefer.

A highlight of a 'holiday' for her is an afternoon nap and she prefers a DARK room for that …. for her nothing beats an inside cabin at nap time.

Dark is the key word. We used to book the insides, due to cost considerations. But then, night was long. Now we are in outside (ocean view obstructed) just so that some natural light comes in.

If we ever go back to Alaska in May/June, we'll go back inside. We were in Anchorage last summer when sunset was near midnight! That screwed up my inner clock bad.

Jim

Always had an inside cabin. That way we can afford to cruise more often :D. Having said that we have had a balcony twice, once as an upgrade (! :D) and on our upcoming cruise because there will be three of us and we need the extra room.

Agree. We usually book inside cabins. My BF is a late sleeper and daytime napper so he prefers a dark room. I prefer sitting in a lounge chair on deck to the balcony chairs anyway. So insides work well for us and saving money is a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always travel solo so I almost always book an inside cabin. I like to nap during the day and the dark cabin helps with that, plus the inside cabin is more economical for solos. You seldom find solo discounts on balconies and suites so you are stuck paying 200% of the fare. That way I get to do more cruises. I just use the cabin for sleeping so I am out and about the ship most of the time anyway.

Our first cruise we had a room with a window. Open the curtain the first morning room got extremely warm, never opened it again the rest of the cruise. Now we only do insides since we are only in the room to sleep, shower and change.

we did once it was so we could do a longer cruise

would I do it again NO

I need some natural light

we will do an Ocean view ..do not really use a balcony

but it is all about what works for you

Only once and it was on Disney. The cabin had a virtual porthole so I was able to convince myself I was actually looking outside! :o

I am too claustrophobic to have anything less than an a balcony. I could possibly do any ocean view but would rather not...

If it makes the difference between taking a cruise and not taking it, I’m willing. We’ve done an inside twice, on older Royal Caribbean ships. The cabins were very small, in addition to having no windows. We referred to our cabin as our “bijoux residence” a la Hyacinth Bouquet. :D If/when we do it again, I hope it will be on a ship with slightly larger inside cabins.

In my 30's, when money was tight (and our cruises were short duration), "inside" was fine. In my 60's (and beyond), only balcony will do. However, being yachties, the size of our cabin space/head is not a major issue - no need for a suite with a walk-in closet (or anything close to that).

Exactly the same as Flatbush Flyer...when we were young, we were poor and had very little time for vacation so insides were fine. Now it's balcony or better.

Note: We did an experiment many years ago and sailed on the relatively small ship, Vision of the Seas, b2b2b2b, in a junior suite, a balcony, an oceanview, and an inside cabin.

Result: It was our last inside cabin...because the cabin was so small that one side of the bed was actually against the wall. :eek::)