What’s been your fav?

cruiser123!

20 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

+1. Venice, Split, Dubrovnik, Kotor... then

out and around to Santorini, Mykonos, Naples, Malta, Rome.

Just putting it out there... I think my fave cruise itinerary so far Royal doesn’t do: French Polynesia. 

We have taken 2 cruises thru the French Polynesia on Royal.

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

French Polynesia on Royal.

I know I know.... However stopping at Papeete & Bora Bora for 2 days on a 21 day Transpacific from Hawaii to Sydney doesn't count in my books :classic_wink:. I'm talking about round trip from Papeete around all the islands within FP. You have to do that on Oceania, Paul Gauguin, or Windstar at this time. That was the best itinerary for me all time.

Great thread so far... for those who only cruise the Caribbean, you would be blown away by the rest of the world. On my bucket list is NZ (as others have mentioned, was also an all time fave of my parents) as well as the Baltics (with min 3 days in St Petersburg). Happy sailing everyone.

22 hours ago, cruiser123! said:

I’m looking for ideas on our next trip.  What has been your favorite itinerary?  All are welcome!  Thanks for helping me dream/plan 

My all time favorite cruise embarked in Venice with an overnight (best sailaway ever!).  We visited Croatia, Greek Islands, Sicily and several other Italian ports, and debarked in Barcelona.  It was 13 days.  At the time, that cruise line (HAL) allowed wine to be brought on from the ports to be consumed in the room.  DW and I drank the local wine during every sail away.  This is sailing away from Santorini:

image.png.a6b8628e9cf8d7cea8a6db5f17fe1d17.png

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

for those who only cruise the Caribbean, you would be blown away by the rest of the world. On my bucket list is NZ (as others have mentioned, was also an all time fave of my parents) as well as the Baltics (with min 3 days in St Petersburg). Happy sailing everyone.

lol, have you considered that we might be from places on your bucket list?

I've not been to every corner of the cruising world but my all time favorite port is Funchal, Madeira Islands off the coast of Portugal. Found on Transatlantics or some Canary Island itineraries.

Sticking to the western hemisphere Alaska is a must if you haven't been there yet. Be sure to take an open jaw sailing that includes Glacier Bay and College Fjord.

Following that it is a toss up between an Around Cape Horn sailing (the earlier in the season the better the wildlife) or a Canada/New England sailing on a (relatively) smaller ship that can call at Saguenay, Gaspe, and Prince Edward Island as well as the usual ports in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Maine. Can't go wrong with either, you are only limited by your own sense of adventure--which is why other people's "faves" really don't matter when its your tastes (and wallet) in play.