Will X ever get wristbands instead of cards??

Pier290

We had waterproof wristbands on MSC and in Disney and they were awesome!! They got us into our room, used at the bars for drink packages etc....so convenient!!!! Didn't have to carry a loose card all over the place!!!!   Wondering if X will ever get these! ?  

Reflection and Edge already have RFID technology. The others will most likely follow after their upcoming updates. There is no reason they couldn't go to a wristband option if they chose to offer it. 

And people will inevitably complain. Even if it's optional. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Reflection and Edge already have RFID technology. The others will most likely follow after their upcoming updates. There is no reason they couldn't go to a wristband option if they chose to offer it. 

And people will inevitably complain. Even if it's optional. 

Lol....yes complainers 🤪.  But I love them....worry free and super convenient...hoping Equinox gets them in May as we are sailing on her in September!!! 😎🛳️🍸

15 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Sorry, but there are far more attractive things to wear that a wristband seapass👎

Agreed they are probably fine for Disney but not for anything more upscale.

We would never wear them, please NO!

Edited by orchestrapal
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, orchestrapal said:

Agreed they are probably fine for Disney but not for anything more upscale.

We would never wear them,

I completely agree. I can't imagine anything tackler or more uncomfortable than a chunk of plastic attached to my wrist 24/7. If they're optional then I don't care what anyone else chooses to use. 

• Like 4

We had them on the Harmony of the Seas and were not impressed with them.  About the only convenient thing was you could open your cabin door with them.  Getting a drink, or buying something, you had to take them off so they could take them to scan them.  Even then, they couldn't read them sometime, and they would ask for the sea pass card.  Couldn't use them to get on or off the ship instead of using a sea pass card either. 

If X gets them, you have to assume they will work the same as on Royal.  They certainly did not meet our expectations.

• Like 1

RCI has had the wristbands for years, at least on some of their ships. We had them on Anthem OTS.  They are great when using the gym or pool, and they make it easier to open your cabin door, especially if you are carrying something.  

But in situations when you had to remove them to give them to servers (e.g. in the theatre) to be taken back to a reader as you do with your sea pass card, they were clumsy.  That situation could be rectified by the cruise line fully committing to the technology and providing mobile readers. 

The reality is they are the latest and greatest convenience on a vacation....and most high end resorts and luxury ships are now using wristbands....we never had to remove them to be scanned luckily or I definitely would not have liked them as much!

There's nothing I hate more than having to fuss and fumble around with a sea card.... especially at the pool when I have to keep my eyes on my bags at all times while I swim to make sure no one will take it.    If it's on my wrist ..... Worry free!   I can handle wearing a sleek wristband for a week without it cramping my style or ruining my evening wear....

Really hope Equinox gets them!!! 🛳️❤️🍹

• Like 2

My son and his girlfriend took her son to Disney World. They were excited to receive their wrist bands with all their admission tickets and extras loaded. They're great for kids and parents who have lots of stuff to lug around. I wouldn't want to wear one on a cruise. 

• Like 1

We had them in Yacht Club on MSC.  Thought they were a bit clunky at first, but they grew on me.  Never had to remove them to have them scanned.  And they take control of the elevators in the general population and whisk you to your destination, much to the mystification of the others in the elevator.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We had a wristband on our last cruise on HOS. They were ok, but still needed to use a sea pass card to get on and off the ship. We also removed them when we cleaned up  for dinner each night. Not very fashionable, rather ugly rubber. Worth the extra $5.00, maybe?. Not sure I would bother again. Besides, I collect all my sea pass/ sail and sign cards as souvenirs. 

8 minutes ago, Graciesmom2 said:

We had a wristband on our last cruise on HOS. They were ok, but still needed to use a sea pass card to get on and off the ship. We also removed them when we cleaned up  for dinner each night. Not very fashionable, rather ugly rubber. Worth the extra $5.00, maybe?. Not sure I would bother again. Besides, I collect all my sea pass/ sail and sign cards as souvenirs. 

What is a HOS?

I don't understand why people say "I hope not". On the cruise lines that have them (like MSC) it's optional. You get your regular key card and if you're Yacht Club or Aurea you get it for free (if you want) and everyone else has to pay $5 for them. So if you don't like the wristband then stick to your keycard but don't express a negative view if it doesn't impact you in any way, shape, or form.

• Like 1

I think is a good idea wearing wristband so other people know what tier"s you are.The best is printed the points to reach next tier.

Its also good for Elites breakfast and Happy hours in the evening .There won't be any officers stand in front of the entrance.

12 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

I don't understand why people say "I hope not". On the cruise lines that have them (like MSC) it's optional. You get your regular key card and if you're Yacht Club or Aurea you get it for free (if you want) and everyone else has to pay $5 for them. So if you don't like the wristband then stick to your keycard but don't express a negative view if it doesn't impact you in any way, shape, or form.

I'm one of the posters who said "I hope not." The original question made it sound like it was not an either or option but no option at all.  Having never had the wrist band I took it to mean no option.  If there is still a sea pass card then I have no issue with the wrist band.  It's just not for me.