Can you leave a bar with your drink and wander around?

fscool

I know that with the pool bars you can wander with your drinks because they are pretty informal.  But if you order a glass of wine or a drink at one of the bars or lounges can you leave with it and go to another bar or walk around the ship?  Or is that frowned upon?

The only time you might get fussed at is if you took a glass around the pool area. Other than that walk around all you want. There are certain drinks you can only get at one bar on the ship like a tribute in the Music Hall on the Anthem. I get one and am on my way to dinner, or a show, or wherever.

• Like 1

As all have said you can, but you won’t get very far if you drink your liquor on the rocks. Just off Ovation and that 1.5 ounce measuring device came out to pour a Shaphire Gin on the rocks. Glad I had the drink package since they said if I paid by the drink it would of been $9.50. It would take three to make a drink.

Boarding Explorer tomorrow and going to order a gin on the rocks and another one up. Pour the up into the on the rocks glass! 

Cheers! 

On some ships, certain venues (i.e. Coastal Kitchen and Vintages) have unique wine glasses.  While you are welcome to take your wine with you when you leave, the staff may request that they to transfer the wine to a less expensive wine glass.

Best to ask first as opposed to being intercepted at the exit door by the host/hostess.

Lou

Glasses are not a problem.  For instance, the self serve soft ice cream on Symphony was so soft that it  would not adhere very well in/on the cone.  Many that tried to put a ice cream curl on the cone wound up on the floor.  Borrowed a glass from one of the bars on the pool deck and filled the glass with vanilla ice cream and enjoyed it. :classic_smile:

21 hours ago, fscool said:

I know that with the pool bars you can wander with your drinks because they are pretty informal.  But if you order a glass of wine or a drink at one of the bars or lounges can you leave with it and go to another bar or walk around the ship?  Or is that frowned upon?

You can indeed wander around 🙂