Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
rsfunk

DDD Mess on Harmony - not impressed.

Recommended Posts

Embarked the Harmony today -I grandfathered into the DDD package back when they first gave us the opportunity to do so. Printed the confirm page. Get onboard and am told cups will be in cabin - No cups in cabin. Talk to 4 people all have no idea, Lee sending me from person to person. Last “white shirt” guy I talk to says there were changes after I made my election and when I ask why I wasn’t informed, he shrugged his shoulders. Sends me to GS who tries to send me back to him ... I showed every person my confirm and no one can make a decision. GS says they were told everyone got $50. I say well no but even so how come I don’t have the credit. They finally say they have to email corporate and they will get back to me but don’t know when. So a perk that I’m supposed to have on day 1 I may get on any given day between now and the end of the cruise or may not get at all. 
I knew this would be a problem and I guess I’m right. 
not at all impressed on how they are handling this either. I’m not asking for a free cruise I just want what they are supposed to give me. 
 

if you grandfathered in be sure to bring the confirm page (hopefully you printed it). Another cruiser didn’t print it and they are telling her without it she gets nothing!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mom2labs said:

What is DDD? 

Dine, Drink, and Discover

 

It was a perk that was given when booking a neighborhood balcony on oasis class ships. I was discontinued in Sept 2019 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the DineDrinkDiscover perk that was once offered on Broadway and Central Park balcony staterooms. It was discontinued last year and people were given a $50 credit instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should have had an email from RRI several months ago asking if you wanted to be "Grandfathered" in to the DDD or receive the $50 OBC. If you did not actively "select'" the Grandfathered in selection, they moved everyone to OBC. Did you make any pre-cruise purchases? If so, you might have already used your OBC.I just checked, and my two Allure cruises for October already have the DDD $50 OBC available for spending in pre cruise purchases. You might have spent it without realizing it. As I said, unless you SPECIFICALLY replied to their email, all guests were moved to OBC.

Edited by cello56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad someone explained DDD.  I'm only pinnicale and didn't know it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, biomedbob said:

I'm glad someone explained DDD.  I'm only pinnicale and didn't know it!

I was thinking Diners, Drive Ins and Dives to tell you the truth.

Edited by Magicat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my way to double check that my confirmation for our October cruise on Harmony is still where it is supposed to be in my files. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rsfunk said:


I knew this would be a problem and I guess I’m right. 
not at all impressed on how they are handling this either. I’m not asking for a free cruise I just want what they are supposed to give me. 
 

if you grandfathered in be sure to bring the confirm page (hopefully you printed it). Another cruiser didn’t print it and they are telling her without it she gets nothing!  

 

Not impressed is right.  What a waste of vacation time having to fight just to get what you were supposed to get from the start.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rsfunk said:

Embarked the Harmony today -I grandfathered into the DDD package back when they first gave us the opportunity to do so. Printed the confirm page. Get onboard and am told cups will be in cabin - No cups in cabin. Talk to 4 people all have no idea, Lee sending me from person to person. Last “white shirt” guy I talk to says there were changes after I made my election and when I ask why I wasn’t informed, he shrugged his shoulders. Sends me to GS who tries to send me back to him ... I showed every person my confirm and no one can make a decision. GS says they were told everyone got $50. I say well no but even so how come I don’t have the credit. They finally say they have to email corporate and they will get back to me but don’t know when. So a perk that I’m supposed to have on day 1 I may get on any given day between now and the end of the cruise or may not get at all. 
I knew this would be a problem and I guess I’m right. 
not at all impressed on how they are handling this either. I’m not asking for a free cruise I just want what they are supposed to give me. 
 

if you grandfathered in be sure to bring the confirm page (hopefully you printed it). Another cruiser didn’t print it and they are telling her without it she gets nothing!  

 

What a horrible way to start a cruise.

 

If it wasn't for Cruise Critic I wouldn't even had known that RCI cancelled the DDD program.

 

No email in eith regular or spam box but they know what my email address is now that my cruise is close. I get emails very day for BIG discounts on excursions , dinners, and drink packages although the prices never changed.(fake sales)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cello56 said:

You should have had an email from RRI several months ago asking if you wanted to be "Grandfathered" in to the DDD or receive the $50 OBC. If you did not actively "select'" the Grandfathered in selection, they moved everyone to OBC. Did you make any pre-cruise purchases? If so, you might have already used your OBC.I just checked, and my two Allure cruises for October already have the DDD $50 OBC available for spending in pre cruise purchases. You might have spent it without realizing it. As I said, unless you SPECIFICALLY replied to their email, all guests were moved to OBC.

OP indicated that they grandfathered into it and printed the confirmation of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not helpful to OP's situation. However, on my August 2019 Symphony cruise, the DDD was clearly already out the door.

 

Nobody told me at all that I had a free lunch at Jamie's Italian. There was no paperwork in the room. No guidance on the free gambling lessons. I asked if there was an explanation on it and nobody had anything.

 

I just went to Jamie's, made the reservation myself, and they basically gave me an "empty" bill to sign. Royal wants nothing to do with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

It's the DineDrinkDiscover perk that was once offered on Broadway and Central Park balcony staterooms. It was discontinued last year and people were given a $50 credit instead.

 

As much as I would LOVE to have Broadway on a ship, you mean Boardwalk.  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you're onboard and appear to have internet access might I humbly suggest a quick, public post to one of their social media platforms outlining exactly what's happening?

I have a feeling RC might find a way to contact the ship to get you what you're entitled too....... especially if you put "have the confirm printed" in big letters as part of your post.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, time4u2go said:

OP indicated that they grandfathered into it and printed the confirmation of that.

 

She may have thought that since she booked BEFORE the change, that she was AUTOMATICALLY Grandfathered in. This is NOT the case. RCI might have added her $50 OBC to her cruise planner and she already spent it without realizing what she was using. Not saying that this happened, just pointing out what might have. Unless she responded to the email, booking before the change would still result in the OBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cello56 said:

 

She may have thought that since she booked BEFORE the change, that she was AUTOMATICALLY Grandfathered in. This is NOT the case. RCI might have added her $50 OBC to her cruise planner and she already spent it without realizing what she was using. Not saying that this happened, just pointing out what might have. Unless she responded to the email, booking before the change would still result in the OBC.

It sounds like OP specifically did take the action to grandfather themselves in.  From the first post:

 

"I grandfathered into the DDD package back when they first gave us the opportunity to do so. Printed the confirm page."

 

I doubt there would have been a confirm page if they hadn't.  Also, if they hadn't, then wouldn't the confirm page indicate this?

Edited by time4u2go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Magicat said:

I was thinking Diners, Drive Ins and Dives to tell you the truth.

I was thinking bra size👨👨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 8:22 AM, NateUpNorth said:

As you're onboard and appear to have internet access might I humbly suggest a quick, public post to one of their social media platforms outlining exactly what's happening?

I have a feeling RC might find a way to contact the ship to get you what you're entitled too....... especially if you put "have the confirm printed" in big letters as part of your post.......

OP HERE :  Sorry for seeming to disappear, I don’t Voom. I cruise to disconnect lol. 

Anyway, after getting a bit of run around on day 1 when we went back to our cabin to go to bed - the cups and stickers were there. No explanation just cups and stickers. So along with the basic beverage package, we were to get a meal at JR. yeah well we ended up back at GS to have that fixed as well as it wasn’t notated on the account but that took considerably less time than the beverage diabolical took. 
In the end, I feel like we got what we were entitled to it just was a bit of a pain. And I do realize all of this is “first world” problems but I also wanted to make sure people here knew that at least on the Harmony they had no idea we had a choice and to be prepared when getting onboard that you MAY have to prove you elected to stay in the DDD package.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...