Coco Cay did you make it or miss it?

bob63005

Just missed Coco Cay for the second time and wondering what the track record is. Thought I would post details and others could add to see how often it is missed.

Allure 11/16/19 Missed it got an extra sea day and a $100 future cruise credit.

Allure 02/22/20 Missed it got a day at Labadee instead , no compensation

We missed it once in December, no substitution no compensation. We missed it once in January. No substitution no compensation.  Never expected any, just mentioned it because the OP  noted some compensation and substitution. 

Both  of those cruises were the odd Mariner  four night cruise with two separate stops at Coco Cay. 

Happens, even with the new pier.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

55 minutes ago, drdestructo said:

We are 0-6 last was Mariner in September 19'.  Hopefully we'll make it in April on Harmony.

Bummer for sure.  Sure hope more sailing are getting to Coco Cay with the dock, but it too is not well protected.

We have sailed 9 times to Coco Cay and have missed it 4 times completely.  One time we were on a business cruise and by noon when our class was out, they were bringing everyone back to ship not counted in the 4 above.

I have avoided Coco Cay, but had hoped to go this year or next to see all the new development.  

Hoping you get on a winning streak!!!

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We've been scheduled to go there 5 or 6 times; got there once.

Now that it's an amusement park, we will probably stick with MSC's private island.

I mean... its not an amusement park but keep believing whatever you'd like. There is a paid water park on the island, but is by no means required. I just spent a day there and didn't spend a penny. 

• Like 2

I cannot remember the dates of the cruises but we were supposed to go there three separate times and have never been able to get there. No compensation - just another sea day.

It is on our itinerary for next January so we hope we make it then~

Edited by Sun and Fun