Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

It does seem that Princess is getting better at refunding than they were in earlier rounds of cancellation. Our late November trip was cancelled around July 22, and the FCCs were returned into our CC accounts on August 25. The deposit/taxes owing were returned to the credit card two days ago.

Hopefully when our February 2021 trip is cancelled in the coming weeks, as it almost certainly will, they will be as quick with the refunds. 

22 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

It does seem that Princess is getting better at refunding than they were in earlier rounds of cancellation. Our late November trip was cancelled around July 22, and the FCCs were returned into our CC accounts on August 25. The deposit/taxes owing were returned to the credit card two days ago.

Hopefully when our February 2021 trip is cancelled in the coming weeks, as it almost certainly will, they will be as quick with the refunds. 

we also had a late November cruise cancelled on 7/22 ... nothing posted to our account as of yesterday ... we were NOT paid in full and opted to have our deposited amounts doubled as FCC

17 hours ago, voljeep said:

we also had a late November cruise cancelled on 7/22 ... nothing posted to our account as of yesterday ... we were NOT paid in full and opted to have our deposited amounts doubled as FCC

That was Pause 4 and those affected have until August 31 to indicate if they want a refund or the default FCCs. Until then (which is now today), I would not expect any Pause 4 refunds to be processed.

We had our June 2020 Alaska cruise canceled by Princess in March and were supposed to receive our deposit credit in 60 days. I finally called them 2 weeks ago and was told that I was "in que" but no info to offer. I complained a bit more and she told me she could "escalate it" so put me on hold and filed some sort of form on my behalf. I have heard of this process before in the other threads about cancellations so I wasn't holding out much hope. This morning I received the credit on my card. I don't know if my call kicked my case in gear or not but i am grateful to have my deposit returned. I hope others get results as well!

Our June 2020 to Alaska was canceled by Princess in March. Called to complain a couple weeks ago, was told I was in que, had my claim escalated, deposit received in full today. I hadn't called previously, was just trying to be patient, but thinking my call might have moved things along. I could be wrong, but the timing suggests it may have. I also emailed several executives whose contact info was posted here but I didn't get any responses so I don't know that it helped any.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 7:53 AM, voljeep said:

Personally I am surprised that most people did not take advantage of the double FCC offer instead of a cash refund.  (Perhaps most people did, but not the one posting here or perhaps they were not offered the double FCC). Even if one does not cruise for several years, it is a great return on the money with very little risk.  In fact if Princess needs some additional cash, I would gladly invest at that return rate.  Even better, how about paying for your future booked cruises in advance for a 50% discount?

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 9:22 AM, bme said:

Emerald Princess (Seattle/Alaska) 8/2/2020 sail date.

Princess canceled sailing on May 6.

TA submitted form for refund request on my behalf on May 8. 

No other communications to Princess or credit card since then.

I have been waiting for $200 deposits on two cabins. Separate booking numbers.

This morning one $200 deposit shows as refunded to my credit card. No idea which cabin this is attached to. 

I'll keep watching for the other one.

Second cabin deposit refund finally posted to my credit card today. Over a month since the first one (linked reservations, connecting cabins). No idea why they couldn't have done both at the same time back in late July.

Over the past month I did use the website chat feature about once a week to follow up on the missing second refund. The information in replies was minimal and barely helpful -- we see your two cabins, one was refunded, please be patient with us, no idea when you'll get it -- but at least their chat response time was quick. I guess that's something.

Edited:

I called Gift Card Support about my other 4 gift cards not being refunded yet. They just sent me one with 317.76 on it. Just waiting on 3 bonus cards + 434.32 from last week

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

Has anyone received a refund for crown princess sailing in May 2020 or Island princess due to sail September 2020?  My TA requested refund back in May and we are still waiting nearly 5 months later.  I dont believe the tosh about them doing it in sail date order after reading posts on here.  I am beyond angry with being treated like an unpaid overdraft facility.

It may (may!) be true for NA residents but it increasingly looks like those of us outside NA are being treated as third-class citizens at best. I'm in the middle of a snotogram to my TA as it's eight weeks since they last contacted me about an April cancellation of a June cruise.

Edited by Snapsh0t

On 8/30/2020 at 10:28 PM, lx200gps said:

Lucky you my October cruise was cancelled on the same date and I'm still waiting for the FCC to show up!

Michael

I was just over at the HAL board and someone's kvetching that they've waited nearly 60 days, and how this is no way to treat a 4 star mariner. Oy vey! I felt impelled to remind them that loyalty status is only good for those things promised like free bath salts and cotton balls, not faster refunds. I forgot how self-important some of those HAL folks can be.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today my final refund showed up. May 27 cruise, cancelled by Princess in April. Took option 2. The refunds showed up in two big chunks. 1. Prepaid shore excursions and other prepaid items (spa treatments, etc).  2. SEVERAL weeks later, and after a few phone calls, the cruise fare itself was refunded. That only left one item, which they either missed or was on a separate timetable - refund of the Princess Protection premium. I called to ask about it two weeks ago, after everything else had been refunded. It showed up today. All told, not quite 5 months from cancellation to full refund. 

On 9/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, CineGraphic said:

I was just over at the HAL board and someone's kvetching that they've waited nearly 60 days, and how this is no way to treat a 4 star mariner. Oy vey! I felt impelled to remind them that loyalty status is only good for those things promised like free bath salts and cotton balls, not faster refunds. I forgot how self-important some of those HAL folks can be.

I mean, if I had a nickel for every time somebody on this board mentioned their jewel/precious metal status . . . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had two cabins booked on HAL Rotterdam for April 6, 2020, which were obviously canceled.  I got a refund of the final payments for both bookings, but have yet to receive refunds for the deposits (2 x $600).  Anyone else experiencing a similar situation?  Doesn't seem possible to actually communicate with HAL.  My TA hasn't been much help.  I think she tries, but just ends up on hold.  I'm ready to cruise now, but I will certainly not book another HAL cruise until I get a full refund for my April 2020 bookings.

19 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

April 4 cruise...still waiting for my refund!

Suggest you try emailing 
csteinke@princesscruises.com . I had 03/22/20 Grand Pre-pause 1 cancelation pndg 5.5 months and 09/04/20 canceled before Pause 3 pndg 4.5 months until I sent that email. Kimberly Baldwin got back to me and made it happen plus her notes were available to my PVP who told me last week that it would be there last Friday AND IT WAS!!

Now I'm just waiting on a cancelation last week but I've already gotten my FCC back on that one, just waiting on $434.32.

Edited by Ombud

On 9/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, CineGraphic said:

Quite a few self important ones to go around on HAL or otherwise!  LOL!

The status of our 3 cancelled 2020 cruises:

1. Fully paid May cruise booked through Princess treated as a 75% cancellation fee with 25% refunded in cash and the cancellation fee showing as FCCs but we asked for cash on 31 March.
  2. Deposit paid only July cruise booked through Princess treated as 10% cancellation fee with 5% refunded in cash and the other 5% not showing up anywhere but we want cash.
  3. Deposit paid only September booked through TA has been fully refund - the last cruise we booked, the last cancelled and the scheduled departure date 2 weeks away.

How is it possible to get a response to an email from Princess? In the past 6 months I have had only 1 response to about a dozen emails and that was to say they had forwarded my request onto someone (who never responded). It just seems to be a black hole when asking for any assistance via an email to Princess.

In some previous posts I have read that emailing the President Jan Swartz works - does it? I haven't tried that yet but surely there is someone at Princess who cares.