Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

We received another $342 refund today from our May cruise that we cancelled in March (most of our original payment was refunded within a few days of cancellation.).    This means we've now received $170 more back than we paid - have no idea what the extra is from but don't think I'll attempt to give it back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kartgv said:

We received another $342 refund today from our May cruise that we cancelled in March (most of our original payment was refunded within a few days of cancellation.).    This means we've now received $170 more back than we paid - have no idea what the extra is from but don't think I'll attempt to give it back!

Time to go to the lottery mate!

I'm going the FCC route but I haven't got that in my account yet - will hold my breath for it. Original email says we can choose to get refund until 31 August so I assume I'll get my FCC after the date (since I paid a fair bit of deposit but not full amount I'll get double of that - which I'm happy)

Cheers,

Michael

6 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

Time to go to the lottery mate!

I'm going the FCC route but I haven't got that in my account yet - will hold my breath for it. Original email says we can choose to get refund until 31 August so I assume I'll get my FCC after the date (since I paid a fair bit of deposit but not full amount I'll get double of that - which I'm happy)

Cheers,

Michael

I'll be watching this latest batch. I think (hope) that they've gotten this process better and that they were (maybe) just blindsided with the 1st Pause and those that immediately preceeded it 

15 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'll be watching this latest batch. I think (hope) that they've gotten this process better and that they were (maybe) just blindsided with the 1st Pause and those that immediately preceeded it 

#MeToo - since we're in this one with double FCC hoping to use on a 4/2021 cruise 🍷🥃🍸

• Like 1

We were booked on two cruises for 2020 and cancelled them in April having paid just the deposit.  We were initially told 90 days for t he refund of our deposit.  We are still waiting - is anyone else having these problems getting their refunds.  We understood the situation at the time as obviously there was an unprecedented amount to be done.  Now we are beginning to wonder if we will ever get our money back.  Our travel agent keeps contacting Princess who keep extending the time and they now say middle of September.  Would be very interested in what is happening to others.  Thank you.

I had a cruise I cancelled at the end of July/first of August. It took 10 days to get my deposit back. It was one I cancelled on my own (Princess did not cancel) and it was for a December cruise.

I would contact Princess directly.

On another matter, I am waiting 6 months for a partial refund of a cruise I cancelled in March.

Edited by Coral

Well I rejoined the wait. I changed from a premium balcony to a mini-suite. PVP suggested I either transfer or get s refund. I opted for the refund and paid the deposit with a gift card. So waiting on a $434.32 refund that WAS my 03/29/20 taxes / port fees / insurance.  They're supposed to be faster now

90 days isn't close to the record.  I have one refunded.  It took almost 90 days.  I lost a December one a couple of weeks ago.  I imagine it will take time.  Patience is all I can say.  I believe Princess will make good, but the when is the question.

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

Hey Jan - welcome to cruise critic ...

If you scroll down to page 2 - there is a 4,600 + post thread about refunds - enjoy !!

and yes, it has been a MAJOR problem 

Voljeep,

Your response to this question is one of the better ones. 👍

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 2

We had a July Princess cruise with a refundable deposit  that we cancelled in early April about a month before Princess did the inevitable and cancelled it. It took about a week short of 3 months to get the deposit back credited to our credit card.

It seems there is no rhyme or reason to how long this takes. A few lucky ones are almost immediate while some wait a long time and others seem to wait forever.

As voljeep has stated, there are many threads on this topic.

As you become more comfortable, you can learn to search

for topics on the different forums.

Last May, Princess cancelled our cruise that was to be next month.

It took 98 days to receive our deposit refund.

14 minutes ago, JAN2321 said:

Thank you so much for all the replies.  We can't claim through our credit card as we dealt with a Travel Agent and that's classed as not dealing directly with the supplier and makes it inadmissable.    

so the charge to your credit card was processed as paid to your TA and not to Princess ??