Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

18 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Quarantine is not fool proof and the act of them moving here will require contact with people. It still risks bringing infection. Do you think the Australian public would be agreeable to a foreign staff exception for cruise ships after all the lock downs we had to endure? Especially from countries with spreading infections? It would be a PR nightmare and the cruise ship industry already has enough of a tarnished image. 

A multi level quarantine two weeks In the country of origin and 2 at sea.

Anthem of the seas is going to take Indian crew back to India from the east coast USA  . It will probably hang around until they decide to start up and will bring crew back to Florida.Thats a good quarantine period.

We could do the same 

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

A multi level quarantine two weeks In the country of origin and 2 at sea.

Anthem of the seas is going to take Indian crew back to India from the east coast USA  . It will probably hang around until they decide to start up and will bring crew back to Florida.Thats a good quarantine period.

We could do the same 

I was thinking the same, a few weeks quarantine , then a few more on the ship as it locates to here and then thorough testing pre and post cruise, and likely at each port.

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I was thinking the same, a few weeks quarantine , then a few more on the ship as it locates to here and then thorough testing pre and post cruise, and likely at each port.

Mic 

Those pyjamas with little ships on them you have .Pack them ready for October.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Flights may be up in the Tasman bubble for July but I think the cruises would still be at least until October / November just for Tasman bubble cruises, all depending on how the 2nd wave occurs.

New prediction - there will be no second wave in Australia. It will fizzle out in Europe. America will take the longest to sort it out. Europeans were more obedient to restrictions and their pattern is going down. By the end of the year there definitely will be a vaccine because if you have been paying attention to the news there is a protein that has been discovered that is already in use in vaccines that can kill the virus. That means the vaccine development has been significantly cut if the results and testing confirm this.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

New prediction - there will be no second wave in Australia. It will fizzle out in Europe. America will take the longest to sort it out.

I think the predictions are African nations will be the last to sort it out considering they were some of the last to get infected though Brazil, Mexico and Russia have really started surging and while Iran seemed to be doing better but they have had a sudden spike. Maybe they just got more test kits going? Speaking of tests with so many countries still under testing it makes it hard to know how far into their respective epidemics they are. I wonder if countries who are not testing enough will find themselves penalized with travel bans🤔. I could see countries who have flattened their curve being overly cautious and banning travellers from countries whose infection rates are not as clear to ascertain.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I think the predictions are African nations will be the last to sort it out considering they were some of the last to get infected though Brazil, Mexico and Russia have really started surging and while Iran seemed to be doing better but they have had a sudden spike. Maybe they just got more test kits going? Speaking of tests with so many countries still under testing it makes it hard to know how far into their respective epidemics they are. I wonder if countries who are not testing enough will find themselves penalized with travel bans🤔. I could see countries who have flattened their curve being overly cautious and banning travellers from countries whose infection rates are not as clear to ascertain.

Some African countries were prepared for such and event due to experience in handling ebola. Better prepared, in some cases, than many "first world" countries.

I was a bit surprised at an item on A Current Affair tonight where they spoke positively about the cruise industry. They mentioned that Princess plans to re-start cruising in August and referred to specials available at the moment on Princess and P&O.

Without trying to read to much into this, I wonder if the attitude towards cruise companies might have become a bit more positive (well, less negative) after TV producers saw the way the Commission hearing into the Ruby Princess has been going.

That's good to hear but I'm not holding out much hope for Princess starting cruising in August down here. Much as I'd love to be able to do the Round Australia cruise I have booked in September I suspect it won't happen. 🙁

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I wonder if the attitude towards cruise companies might have become a bit more positive (well, less negative) after TV producers saw the way the Commission hearing into the Ruby Princess has been going.

Or even more likely, given it's A Current Affair, some backhanders have been exchanged.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's good to hear but I'm not holding out much hope for Princess starting cruising in August down here. Much as I'd love to be able to do the Round Australia cruise I have booked in September I suspect it won't happen. 🙁

My August cruise Brisbane to Cairns was cancelled yesterday

Cheers Carole

8 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Or even more likely, given it's A Current Affair, some backhanders have been exchanged.

Or looking at future advertising revenue.🙂 I don't care why the item was on A Current Affair, it was a encouraging change to see an item that wasn't totally negative to cruising.

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

My August cruise Brisbane to Cairns was cancelled yesterday

Cheers Carole

Good morning Carole. Was your cruise on Princess? We have a July cruise on Princess & just waiting to hear something!! Not keen to phone & potentially wait for ages on the phone. 🤷‍♀️😔

Princess have come out with the latest cancellations

• All Remaining Alaska, Canada & New England and Europe Cruises and Cruisetours in 2020

• All Remaining Australian and Caribbean Cruises through August, Japan Cruises through October 1 and Taiwan Cruises in July

• All Fall 2020 Tahiti & French Polynesia Cruises on Pacific Princess

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Princess have come out with the latest cancellations

• All Remaining Alaska, Canada & New England and Europe Cruises and Cruisetours in 2020

• All Remaining Australian and Caribbean Cruises through August, Japan Cruises through October 1 and Taiwan Cruises in July

• All Fall 2020 Tahiti & French Polynesia Cruises on Pacific Princess

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

22 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Good morning Carole. Was your cruise on Princess? We have a July cruise on Princess & just waiting to hear something!! Not keen to phone & potentially wait for ages on the phone. 🤷‍♀️😔

No it was P&O

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

We've got a NZ cruise with Princess booked for early November this year, I'd say our chance of winning Lotto Powerball are a lot better than that cruise happening.

We are booked for later November and, like you, think there is a fair chance the cruise will not go ahead. We will wait and see.

17 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I was a bit surprised at an item on A Current Affair tonight where they spoke positively about the cruise industry. They mentioned that Princess plans to re-start cruising in August and referred to specials available at the moment on Princess and P&O.

Without trying to read to much into this, I wonder if the attitude towards cruise companies might have become a bit more positive (well, less negative) after TV producers saw the way the Commission hearing into the Ruby Princess has been going.

Princess have just announced more cancellations!

On 5/7/2020 at 10:57 AM, Russell21 said:

We've got a NZ cruise with Princess booked for early November this year, I'd say our chance of winning Lotto Powerball are a lot better than that cruise happening.

Feeling the same about my South Pacific cruise in March next year.  Even if the cruise does go ahead, diabetes means that I won't be allowed on the ship.