Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I’ve been a little “out of sorts” since Thanksgiving and in a bit of a funk I couldn’t shake. We had dinner at friends of ours from Scotland tonight and got to talking about Ireland. When I got home I re-read through my Ireland blog. Ireland was the trip that got me started in my love for travel. This was just the pick me up I needed. 

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. We *will* travel again soon!

I've been in a funk the last few days as well.  Happens to me from time to time, mostly as a result of anxiety and lack of sleep, and the Covid situation certainly hasn't helped.  Was nice spending Thanksgiving with my family though.

• Like 3

Lid #2 is the electrical connection of the tank for the agitation chamber.

😱 🤭

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

8E76A29D-1843-4203-9298-60B78C4D0EFE.thumb.jpeg.b593cb486ccf1624cb21ccf4d754d583.jpeg

Lucy sure does like being high up. 😸 How high is that? 30'+?

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

@A&L_Ont that’s a pretty elaborate system you have there. We are on sewer here but have had Septic Tank and drain fields but nothing like this. 

M8

I was thinking the same thing. I thought septic tanks was just that. A tank and when full a truck would come to pump it out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well sad day. 
Just got home from our thanksgiving getaway.

Moved the DD from Bowling Green Ohio to Kentucky to be with her fiancé. 

So instead of only a 2 1/2 hour drive to see her it now becomes a 5 1/2 drive. 

Now we are planning the wedding which is only 8 months away. 

But. I realize I am so blessed. 
Glad I have the opportunity to make her dreams come true. 

One of their engagement pictures. 
And of course the grand puppy. 

AA7BB35E-8EAA-4BD7-B0A1-985073765182.png

DF59620D-EB38-479E-A4D5-560C80466595.png

Lovely photos.

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

I’ve been a little “out of sorts” since Thanksgiving and in a bit of a funk I couldn’t shake. We had dinner at friends of ours from Scotland tonight and got to talking about Ireland. When I got home I re-read through my Ireland blog. Ireland was the trip that got me started in my love for travel. This was just the pick me up I needed. 

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. We *will* travel again soon!

Sorry to hear you have been out of sorts recently.

Hope you are feeling a lot better soon.

This is Cobh Ireland.

IMG_20180531_094853.jpg

IMG_20180531_152738.jpg

IMG_20180531_114146.jpg

IMG_20180531_123559.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

So many great pictures. 

From beautiful new family members  (pets)to Christmas trees decorated. 
And Andrew I could never keep up with your photography and explanations.  

Love the travel pictures. 

Today it is now 6:30 am ish. 

Getting ready to go to store to buy food. 

Since we were gone 4 days the refrigerator is uh empty and the weather man has some news for us. We are somewhere in the.              5 - 10 inches area. 

Sea ya

Be healthy. 

DF84342A-9D23-4811-88BD-2944667003F5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

And @A&L_Ont  We are in the process of getting a new drain field put in.  What fun that is going to be

If they pump your tank first, you shouldn’t notice anything. We redid our old drain field in another house and it really wasn’t bad. Typically, I think they like to find another location for the new drain field but it’s not always practical. 

• Like 1

This is our first Christmas in this house so everything needed to go in new places.  I used to put up two big trees but we only have room for one big tree in this house.  I do like that the mantle is longer so I can put my village on it.  The wood is from my parent's honeymoon found on a beach in Maryland in 1951.Resized_20201129_101032.thumb.jpeg.44d56644fc6d89c36d8767006516b522.jpeg

Edited by Keksie
Added information
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like a beautiful beach day!   Hope you enjoyed!!

Indeed, it was. We enjoy it very much now, out of season. Moreover, I enjoy strolling barefoot on the sand.... following a sad story with one of our friends --

He was diagnosed with ALS in his early thirties, with symptoms appearing on his honeymoon. He was very sportive. The new missus, when receiving the finality of the diagnosis, decided on the spot that she "didn't 'sign' for it..." and made herself scarce. No kids, rented flat, it was easy to "disengage"...

When we had one of our soul searching talks, he told me that The thing that he misses most is "walking barefoot in the sand on the beach"... 

Since then, I walk barefoot and remember him every single time and count my "walking blesses"...

16 hours ago, Lionesss said:

One of their engagement pictures. 
And of course the grand puppy. 

Congrats. They look beautiful together and the ring is amazing, as is the puppy 😁

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is today's newest furry member to our family.  Eva

She looks lovely, exactly as our Chips. What happened to Raul? He wasn't "available"?

13 hours ago, singinalot said:

I’ve been a little “out of sorts” since Thanksgiving and in a bit of a funk I couldn’t shake. 

Sad to hear, but, if I may say so... "there's safety in numbers 😉"....

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. We *will* travel again soon! We absolutely must... otherwise our "numbers" will keep growing, along with our "funkiness"....

• Like 4

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

This is Cobh Ireland.

Lovely pictures, Graham. Thanks for bringing back fond memories... Took the train to Cork, walked to the English Market, enjoyed wandering there, then took a local bus to Kinsale, spent a nice hour there, back to Cork. We even managed to spend some time in Cobn, walking up to the Cathedral.

Here's a nice corner of Kinsale.

_DSC0856.thumb.JPG.9b6c4c402ea3bb4ee2415641e443f6ee.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Indeed, it was. We enjoy it very much now, out of season. Moreover, I enjoy strolling barefoot on the sand.... following a sad story with one of our friends --

He was diagnosed with ALS in his early thirties, with symptoms appearing on his honeymoon. He was very sportive. The new missus, when receiving the finality of the diagnosis, decided on the spot that she "didn't 'sign' for it..." and made herself scarce. No kids, rented flat, it was easy to "disengage"...

When we had one of our soul searching talks, he told me that The thing that he misses most is "walking barefoot in the sand on the beach"... 

Since then, I walk barefoot and remember him every single time and count my "walking blesses"...

So sorry for your friend.    YES, we must all remember the simple things in life such as walking barefoot in the sand on the beach and count our blessing for everything we do have.     

I have heard many say they are "in a funk" right now and very understandable to feel that way.

I believe we all need  "to hit reset" and do that one little thing that brings us peace and happiness.     

For me that is a drive to the beach and even if it is too cold to put my feet in the water, just looking at the waves crashing and sitting there enjoying the beauty is my "reset".   

I'm happy that you are able to get your peace with a barefoot walk in the sand.    Keep doing it as much as you can and enjoy those moments!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When I went back yesterday she told me she had a young couple interested in Raul and he was being a little standoffish and this sweet little girl that i hadn't even noticed the day before was curling up my leg and purring away.  She said she got along well with "cory" and my husband has always liked all black cats so i brought her home.  Happy i did, she is a perfect!   My husband immediately named her Eva.

We are still back and forth with replacement names for cory.  Chips is a cute name and my husband was saying maybe Checkers.  He said name is up to me.   I'll keep you posted.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When I went back yesterday she told me she had a young couple interested in Raul and he was being a little standoffish and this sweet little girl that i hadn't even noticed the day before was curling up my leg and purring away.  She said she got along well with "cory" and my husband has always liked all black cats so i brought her home.  Happy i did, she is a perfect!   My husband immediately named her Eva.

We are still back and forth with replacement names for cory.  Chips is a cute name and my husband was saying maybe Checkers.  He said name is up to me.   I'll keep you posted.

Aww...need pictures of Eva!!  PUrrrrrrr....

So as everyone knows  my new hobby is collecting and displaying cameras old and new. 

The newest addition is this old Polaroid. 
I have film and treated papers to take pictures. 

also have original box case. 
Trying to figure out how old this one is. 

Now  it takes the center spot. 

EB4478F8-EA16-44CA-8C76-532B2B4FC51D.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So as everyone knows  my new hobby is collecting and displaying cameras old and new. 

The newest addition is this old Polaroid. 
I have film and treated papers to take pictures. 

also have original box case. 
Trying to figure out how old this one is. 

Now  it takes the center spot. 

EB4478F8-EA16-44CA-8C76-532B2B4FC51D.jpeg

Love old cameras. 

Lucy did the walk of shame today. Owen got on the bus before she made it home from her night out. The bus driver said she was headed home, right in the centre of the road. She goes onto the ditch when a car comes and back into the road after. The good thing is, it isn’t a busy road. 

471511F2-1F85-43EF-A0E6-72D2F9CA6897.thumb.jpeg.f2ef016ccfd5213e11e6579f2174e976.jpeg

F90EBB56-621A-4EA4-AD4D-AAB1E8FEB245.thumb.jpeg.b17bfbd1b70f693fd09ede40aa52c770.jpeg

Loader is off

7206449D-CEB3-42E7-A599-555AF48CEA29.thumb.jpeg.903f6d38520a49f39e68c2f20a707147.jpeg

The blower is greased and the tractor is fuelled. I am ready for winter, but I don’t want it to begin. Owen is hoping for a snow day tomorrow.  

A488D0DE-0CE8-4284-9101-D8EA78556173.thumb.jpeg.aa3647c7b379af3aeea53d7e5b1109cf.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

I'm enjoying everyone's beautiful pictures on this windy, rainy, tornado-watching afternoon here in South Jersey.  I've also watched our front and backyard lawn full of leaves again, after cleaning all the fallen leaves yesterday afternoon.  We've been raking, mulching, and mowing and there are still many leaves to come from our neighbors and our properties.  I feel like it's the Never Ending Story, since we've been cleaning the leaves for several weeks now.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear you have been out of sorts recently.

Hope you are feeling a lot better soon.

This is Cobh Ireland.

IMG_20180531_094853.jpg

IMG_20180531_152738.jpg

IMG_20180531_114146.jpg

IMG_20180531_123559.jpg

Great pics Graham.  I was on a Baltics cruise several years ago, chatting with a lovely couple from Cork.  I had long been curious how Cobh is pronounced.  They informed me it's pronounced "Coph".  Mystery solved!  Looks beautiful, hope to visit some day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1