Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We enjoyed our home made pasta so much a few days ago that we decided to do it again. This time, we topped it with pesto sauce made from fresh Basil in Micheline's garden.  We started though with a home made salsa appetizer, using a recipe from my daugher's chef boy friend.  Looks a little different but tastes so good.

IMG_8939.thumb.jpg.fb3bda209fd6de063631287b977f96b2.jpg

The pesto tasted great but next time, we'll spend more time grinding the basil on the mortar and pestle.  It could have been more finely ground.  We used this recipe.  It's a lot of work grinding everything but I'm convinced that the extra effort makes it taste better.  Served it with a Caesar salad and a glass of Montepulciano.  I'm still stuffed.

IMG_8940.thumb.jpg.157b483fcc0853499c7fdb92db55f4d6.jpg

IMG_8941.thumb.jpg.1cfeffa41f558bf7e4cfd677c29a7f27.jpg

IMG_8942.thumb.jpg.697277947f201707daa8abe09543d1b8.jpg

IMG_8943.thumb.jpg.c08cc4e31939ccf9d5a2d31d54096414.jpg

Edit: Forgot to add the pesto recipe link.

Food Wishes Video Recipes: Proper Pesto

Looks delicious.  That’s ambitious doing the pesto by hand, I’m lazy and use the food processor.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Can’t add to the generator discussion except to say DD was in a tent at her most recent music festival. They had RVs on either side of them.  Both RVs had their generators going all night due to the hot weather. Due to the noise from the generators , DD ended up using her sound diminishing earplugs more to sleep at night than to filter the loud stage music during the day.  The RV neighbours  were lovely though feeding and watering the girls constantly with leftover meals at breakfast and dinner and serving them alcoholic drinks in the evening when they were all at the campsite at the early evening at the same time 🍹

It sounds like they’ve met some great people during their trip. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you for the anniversary wishes @sgmnSue, and @Sea DogGreg. 

That sailing was memorable in more than one way.  We sailed into the first hurricane of the season, and it was the longest sustained, Cat 5 of the century. 

Happy Anniversary to you both!  Looking at the pictures you posted of the ship I can’t imagine sailing through a storm, let alone a hurricane in something that size (compared to modern ships).  How did the ship handle it?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@Sunshine3601 I think she would have to run to the restroom to answer you. 🤣

@Arzeena    I just hopped on while eating lunch😃    Everything is going great!   I am very happy with the people and so far I am just learning their system (computers, etc.) but I am pretty sure I made a good decision in coming here.     Thank you for asking!!!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you for the anniversary wishes @grapau27 Graham, @dani negreanu Dani, @Sunshine3601 Debbie, @Lionesss Sue, and @A&L_Ont Andrew.

It will not be the anniversary celebration we had planned.  We have all 3 grandkids today, because our daughter is in for a medical procedure.  Our celebration will have to wait.   Out for breakfast with the grands, then will see what this day holds for us and the kids.

I hope your DD is okay and her procedure goes well with full recovery in her future.     

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Some self portraits. Which one do you like the best?

Pic 1

266250368_SeaDog1.thumb.png.79a3c0078022fd327eb11a2089726949.png

Pic 2

1832009243_SeaDog2.thumb.png.6d243a69e95049425ab3e2a3a7157edd.png

Pic 3

1468724681_SeaDog3.thumb.png.fa02f1de8a1a37f6a8511d8cd1374059.png

Pic 4

103475094_SeaDog4.thumb.png.3744ccdeb0a27cf539ed9bca84b0e5e7.png

Figured I would need a backup in case I get in trouble for copyright on my usual image.

Tough decision.   If able to edit, I like the smile from Pic 1, the hat from pick 2 and the eyes from pic 3.   If unable to edit, then I pick #2 😃   He has a pirate look about him.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Forty-two years ago today I was doing something I have never done since.  I was headed to Pittsburgh for an overnight stay, then flying out in the morning for a same day flight for my first ever cruise.  It is a good thing airlines were more reliable then. 

Susan and I were sailing on the eighth sailing of the SS Norway, which was the largest cruise ship at the time.  We sailed to St. Thomas and Little San Salvador. 

DD55BA94-2FF8-4B27-B0AB-76823A891B86.thumb.jpeg.ca9875825a9f933c37d2d175671fd911.jpeg

Now those were lifeboats

AC4262FA-D12E-491C-A170-1EE52A3D5330.thumb.jpeg.40ab28cc8baaacf0074ad82942711fec.jpeg

We couldn’t fly down the day before, because August 2nd we were too busy getting married.  I guess I have never done that since, either. 😏

Happy Anniversary!

What a marvelous honeymoon you had. Wasn’t she a wonderful ship?

And great entertainment. Jim Nabors was the entertainer on one of my cruises. 
Norway may have been the first ship to do Broadway musicals. I remember Meet Me in St Louis and PT Barnum. 
The funny thing was that I would  swear every cabin was a different size or shape. 
That was before they built them in a factory and hoisted them onto the ship. 
Thanks for posting the photo.  Norway was so beautiful!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Arzeena    I just hopped on while eating lunch😃    Everything is going great!   I am very happy with the people and so far I am just learning their system (computers, etc.) but I am pretty sure I made a good decision in coming here.     Thank you for asking!!!

Sounds great!😀

• Like 1

I looked back at my video and it was only a fuzzy photo. So here are a couple of photos showing what delivery of a backyard pizza oven looks like!5A119CD2-E9EC-45E6-BE62-14C62307A7C0.thumb.png.4119af9a8d32c5ae6c704af96c1806c4.pngA crane lifted it over the house. Luckily the people in the beige house weren’t home. It looked like it swung close to it. Ty started pretty high up. DD’s house is 3 stories. 09B1477C-B1A6-4BA9-8A28-938C15F07BC3.thumb.png.0eee0294064e0a7c2f064eaa40339559.pngThat white square is the new base for it. The summer kitchen designer also built a new base for the Big Green Egg, which has withstood the salt spray that ruined the old pizza oven. 
The rest of the summer kitchen is under a roof. Our SIL turns out great food so it’s the go to place for a lot of us. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looks delicious.  That’s ambitious doing the pesto by hand, I’m lazy and use the food processor.  

I too use a FP.  I usually blend up everything but the basil first.  Then I chop up the basil with a knife before adding if in the FP.  This helps the pesto to stay greener.  Before, when I just tossed it all in, the basil would turn dark before the pine nuts were finely chopped.  

I plan to make some when my DD comes tomorrow.   Maybe make some pizza with it 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Some self portraits. Which one do you like the best?

Pic 2

1832009243_SeaDog2.thumb.png.6d243a69e95049425ab3e2a3a7157edd.png

I choose #2, because of the eyes. They seem to have a more soulful gaze.

Edited by CrzLvr2
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Happy Anniversary!

What a marvelous honeymoon you had. Wasn’t she a wonderful ship?

And great entertainment. Jim Nabors was the entertainer on one of my cruises. 
Norway may have been the first ship to do Broadway musicals. I remember Meet Me in St Louis and PT Barnum. 
The funny thing was that I would  swear every cabin was a different size or shape. 
That was before they built them in a factory and hoisted them onto the ship. 
Thanks for posting the photo.  Norway was so beautiful!

Norway had great entertainment, I took 3 cruises in a 12 month period, on one they had just changed casts for PT Barnum and lead guy kept falling off the tightrope luckily it wasn’t up that high, saw Shirley Jones and many other great acts . 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you for the anniversary wishes @grapau27 Graham, @dani negreanu Dani, @Sunshine3601 Debbie, @Lionesss Sue, and @A&L_Ont Andrew.

It will not be the anniversary celebration we had planned.  We have all 3 grandkids today, because our daughter is in for a medical procedure.  Our celebration will have to wait.   Out for breakfast with the grands, then will see what this day holds for us and the kids.

Hopefully everything will go well with your daughters medical procedure.

• Like 3