Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Burger King line was so long.

Enjoying some bubbly in our pods

20220807_200936.thumb.jpg.d1b5b50d6212ad76f8750e0c8e9447f1.jpg

FWIW, masks aren't really being enforced

Danka Schein

Of course masks aren’t enforced, can’t wear a mask while drinking 😁😁😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Danka Schein

Hope you are having a great flight. I'm reminded of this!

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

@OurusualbeachKen, Vikki and (daughter?),  @John&LaLaJohn, Laura have a super wonderful cruise.

I've been following Jordan Bauth's you tube vlog, Aboard With Jord.  She's a pro figure skater on Voyager and documents daily life on board, visits to most of the wonderful ports of call, etc.  Looks like an amazing itinerary.

I love her videos. If you see her tell her a lot of people here enjoy her vlogs and she is doing an amazing job,

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

But I have friends in low places. Where the whisky drowns and beer chases my blues away. And I'll be okay. 😄😄🙃😁

Words to live by , just finished our monthly poker game, always a nice selection of wines brought, we see hosting tonight. Interesting bottle of something in port family , although 1969 was a bad year l since I was drafted that April. 

image.jpeg.d9a1219f422f1bceec6da50a7f62edd6.jpeg

• Like 5

@dani negreanuso sorry to hear you are going through this again. Hope you and your family are safe.

@Bailey & Sophie sorry to hear of your bad reaction to the booster.  My only reaction was female specific and I consider it tmi for this thread.  But it was mentioned in a media article  here this week.

@HBE4 I used to love Garth Brooks.  I remember playing one of his cds on repeat for months. So many great songs on it,

@grapau27 - your Fjords trip in that rear balcony sounds wonderful. It’s on my bucket list.

@harryfat1 thanks for sharing your cruise photos.  We were booked to do Alaska on the Majestic.  It was going to be our first Princess Cruise.  So sad it didn’t happen due to Covid but nice to see your family’s experience.

Happy Cruising to all of you currently cruising and @singinalotthanks for sharing your France trip.  The meals & drinks you are enjoying look superb as always.  I like your travel style.

@lioness your cruise reports are a joy to read. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Looking forward to some cooler temps next week 😎 

Screenshot_20220807-123208_Weather.thumb.jpg.4f1b41c10fc0d9ec5e720f352af62d5d.jpg

Screenshot_20220804-145708_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4da5b4ad7431a456f6142e7ffe8ae960.jpg

Not bad though for a northern cruise.  Our Norwegian Fjords cruise in May was pretty chilly with some rain and low cloud mixed with some sunshine.  And a friend who went on Iceland cruise in June had fog and rain every day and couldn't see any views for the whole 10 day cruise (and she got covid too and was confined to cabin the last three days )

Your cruise looks fab though, I hope you will post updates, it's one I would like to do

I was meant to go on a girls trip to CPH in sept 2020, got pushed back to Sept 2021 and that didn't happen either, too many restrictions. Hope to reschedule soon

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have known several people that have mixed pfizer and moderna.  At one point I recall reading mixing might be better for you.  Personally, we have boosted with same as our original doses, Pfizer.

DH had AZ for first two and Pfizer for booster. I had pfizer for all three.

I think they are scheduling our second booster around the same time as flu jab, September or October 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have known several people that have mixed pfizer and moderna.  At one point I recall reading mixing might be better for you.  Personally, we have boosted with same as our original doses, Pfizer.

Dup , need to learn patience 😁

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Jimbo would love some of your homegrown tomatoes that you are offering free to neighbours.  This is the price today of the tomatoes at our supermarket.1A9612E9-2D1E-4ECE-BFAE-632D9A107BF3.thumb.jpeg.ff71b4bf0871015c4930c744db884c21.jpeg

E34C0D66-6609-40D2-808A-5A7AE62AB86C.thumb.jpeg.bc334fd275502a5b6c76ee2f8396ae8d.jpeg

Wow, if my math is correct that would be over $5 pound in the US.  I would ship you some if I could😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Jimbo would love some of your homegrown tomatoes that you are offering free to neighbours.  This is the price today of the tomatoes at our supermarket.1A9612E9-2D1E-4ECE-BFAE-632D9A107BF3.thumb.jpeg.ff71b4bf0871015c4930c744db884c21.jpeg

E34C0D66-6609-40D2-808A-5A7AE62AB86C.thumb.jpeg.bc334fd275502a5b6c76ee2f8396ae8d.jpeg

Does a Kg = 2.2lbs

How much is $11.90 in US money.

Trying to figure how much you are paying per lb.   

In the grocery stores here you can get plum tomatoes for .99 cents a pound.

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Does a Kg = 2.2lbs

11.90 in US is 8.29  , so, 1 lb is like 3.77/lb.  Keep in mind that it is winter in Australia, so comparing our summer prices to their winter prices can be misleading.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Does a Kg = 2.2lbs

We bought field grown tomatoes direct from the farm for $3.99/lb. at a local farm stand.  We never enjoyed a salad as much as the one I made using those tomatoes.  I stopped buying large store bought tomatoes. They look nice and red on the outside but are yellowish inside and once you cut into one all the juice runs out.  We stick to grape tomatoes.  Juicy and sweet.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We bought field grown tomatoes direct from the farm for $3.99/lb. at a local farm stand.  We never enjoyed a salad as much as the one I made using those tomatoes.  I stopped buying large store bought tomatoes. They look nice and red on the outside but are yellowish inside and once you cut into one all the juice runs out.  We stick to grape tomatoes.  Juicy and sweet.

You need to find home grown tomatoes like these, red all the way through sweet n' juicy and hardly any seeds.

20220801_161600.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12