Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I posted a link on Bell thread. Thought someone else was linking it here

I saw you posted the link on the Bella thread, hence I thought I mentioned it here. I'm sure someone would have linked it eventually.

But honestly, I expect the Live Bella thread to be on the top of page 1 for the next few weeks so it won't be hard to find. 🙂

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I can only imagine what it'll be like when the cruise actually begins.  I guess the only "good" thing is that this thread and Bella thread might be slow next week, otherwise it'll be tough to keep up.

Greg and Andrew have done some great videos.    This is definitely going to be an Epic sailing.    😃

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It's only been up for a few hours and I'm already falling behind on the Bella Live thread. LOL.

Thanks for posting this.  Not on the main board so hadnt seen the Bella Live had started.  Can’t do both so will take a break from Dani thread (not been able to keep up with it much lately anyways ) whilst I try to keep up with Bella Live….

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I was quite shocked to see 4 ships there a couple of months ago.  I walked to that bar with the swings, had one beer and got back onboard.  Never seen it that crowded.

I had a couple drinks at a walk up little in the town center. 

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It's only been up for a few hours and I'm already falling behind on the Bella Live thread. LOL.

I have been busy  today.  It was posted 7 hours before I found it!  So a lot to catch up on!  It will be great. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If anyone is looking for a good price on a OVB in May, The 9 day Hawaii cruise on Ovation has great prices.

We are on this same cruise to Hawaii with you.  They cancelled the one last year that we had booked so we booked this year's.  Really looking forward to it.  We really like Ovation & Odyssey, too.  

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We are on this same cruise to Hawaii with you.  They cancelled the one last year that we had booked so we booked this year's.  Really looking forward to it.  We really like Ovation & Odyssey, too.  

Wow cool.  We got cancelled on it last year too.  We ended up replacing it with an Alaska cruise on Ovation  last May.  When we booked this time OVB were high so we booked guarantee balconies.   OVB has dropped to what we paid for guarantee.   Checking to see if we can switch.  

I have noticed a few are canceling do to RC going back to requiring vacs on this cruise.  Considering how long it's been since most have gotten it, what difference will it make. Oh well.  As of now I only see 3 Jr suites available so likely a RoyalUp will not work.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If anyone is looking for a good price on a OVB in May, The 9 day Hawaii cruise on Ovation has great prices.

I found really cheap airfare for that as well.

$580 Canadian (just over $400 usd)  for a 1 stop to HNL and a direct flight back to YYZ.  If I went I have a feeling that the locks might be changed when I return home.

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We’ve done the Hawaii to Vancouver twice and loved it, but this time there’s less ports in Hawaii, so we passed on it.
Our last time was in 2019 was 12 nights on Radiance -  2 days in Honolulu, 2 days in Maui, 2 days in Hawaii and 1 in Kauai. If we see that again I’m jumping on it. 

• Like 2

I saw that I was tagged in a couple of posts by @LionesssSue and @dani negreanu Dani.  Once again, I am far behind, and Susan and I have been running on about 3 hours sleep. 

I will keep this short.  Monday was my worst birthday ever.  That’s when we found out that our daughter’s cancer has spread to one of her lymph nodes.  So more treatments to come, but this time it will be daily radiation. 

To add more excitement to the mix, I had an appointment with a cardiologist, had an EKG, at the hospital for an echocardiogram, and now I am wearing this fancy heart monitor for the next month. 

9FC80C3F-43C7-4C24-A41D-4A6D642112A1.thumb.jpeg.2b2f38256cf3d281a4f3e2596f9c61f1.jpeg

More tests and appointments to come for our daughter, me, and Susan, so we have to make sure only one of us has something on any one day.  

Finally settling in to our newest crazy routine.  

Meanwhile, Ricky gives me one of those looks every day. 

A9A57E10-B463-4AE4-99EA-468D739730FF.thumb.jpeg.7531fa0bed61aac24906a7a356b8bad0.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I saw that I was tagged in a couple of posts by @LionesssSue and @dani negreanu Dani.  Once again, I am far behind, and Susan and I have been running on about 3 hours sleep. 

I will keep this short.  Monday was my worst birthday ever.  That’s when we found out that our daughter’s cancer has spread to one of her lymph nodes.  So more treatments to come, but this time it will be daily radiation. 

To add more excitement to the mix, I had an appointment with a cardiologist, had an EKG, at the hospital for an echocardiogram, and now I am wearing this fancy heart monitor for the next month. 

9FC80C3F-43C7-4C24-A41D-4A6D642112A1.thumb.jpeg.2b2f38256cf3d281a4f3e2596f9c61f1.jpeg

More tests and appointments to come for our daughter, me, and Susan, so we have to make sure only one of us has something on any one day.  

A9A57E10-B463-4AE4-99EA-468D739730FF.thumb.jpeg.7531fa0bed61aac24906a7a356b8bad0.jpeg

Hang in there. Sometimes there are setbacks but they can be overcome.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I am so sorry about all the challenges that you and your family are having to overcome.  Like OB said hang in there.  Ricky has a very handsome face.

• Like 7

@h20skibum

Thank you for the update.

We will continue to keep your daughter as well as you  in our prayers.

Also, just remember I am just a hop, skip and jump from you.

I can hobble over and we can walk and chill (literally).

Just let me know.

For now, I wish for better days ahead and health for all.

💖

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

• Like 2

Good morning!  I just got my 24 hour internet last night and we're heading out to breakfast in a few minutes.  Having a lovely time.  Embarkation was a breeze, once Jim and Andy parked the car in the lot.  Weather has been awesome.  Ship was rocking and rolling a little last night, other than that, it's been smooth sailing.🛳️

• Like 17