Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DS has been enjoying sunny 25C weather this week.  Waterfall between Jasper and Canmore.

IMG_1533.MOV 13.3 MB · 0 downloads  

Thank you, just beautiful, I like waterfalls 😊

Moreover, I enjoyed your ballet pics, glad you liked it. I took ballet lessons in my early childhood.

• Like 6

I installed the Apple iOS 16.4.1 (a) Rapid Security Response Release this morning on my iPhone and iPad.  That was the quickest update installation that Apple has ever released.  Less than a minute to install.  Why can’t all updates be that quick to install. 

On another note, any bets on what color this baseball uniform will be after tonight’s game?   Grandson’s first game of the season was supposed to be Saturday. Then they were going to try every day since then, but it has been raining almost nonstop since last Friday. 

IMG_7155.thumb.jpeg.d79e910c4b4b4147250b79078e5c40cc.jpeg

Game starts at 8:00, so they will be playing under the lights.  

• Like 8

Thank you all for your birthday wishes.  I have added a thanks to all of your posts.  Special heads up to @dani negreanuDani for sending me birthday wishes in Hebrew and @Ocean Boy OB for that fabulous Kraken Kolada.

We had a wonderful evening yesterday.  When we entered the restaurant, I was surprised to see 4 additional friends who were joining us.  A birthday surprise my other friends kept from me.  We haven't seen them in approx. 4 years so we had lots to catch up on.  After 2 glasses of Moscato and 2 1/2 hours of the best time, we all decided we couldn't say goodbye so we wound up at a friend's house to continue our fun.

Onward Tuesday to our daughter and grands!  Doesn't get much better than that.

Loving all of the Hawaii pictures!  Please keep them coming.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you all for your birthday wishes.  I have added a thanks to all of your posts.  Special heads up to @dani negreanuDani for sending me birthday wishes in Hebrew and @Ocean Boy OB for that fabulous Kraken Kolada.

We had a wonderful evening yesterday.  When we entered the restaurant, I was surprised to see 4 additional friends who were joining us.  A birthday surprise my other friends kept from me.  We haven't seen them in approx. 4 years so we had lots to catch up on.  After 2 glasses of Moscato and 2 1/2 hours of the best time, we all decided we couldn't say goodbye so we wound up at a friend's house to continue our fun.

So Happy for you Bonnie that you had a great celebration.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Yet again I've had to skip a load of posts to catch up. Hope all are well and all those on cruises, enjoy.

Hope you had a good flight home Dani @dani negreanu and enjoyed Madrid. 

We've got extra children care duties this week as Isaac has a cold/bad wheeze and has to skip nursery.

We have a busy Corination weekend coming up. Watching the celebrations on TV with extended family on Saturday. On Sunday there's a street party in our street but we've been invited to afternoon tea with family in London. And on Monday which is a Bank Holiday we've got eldest son and family coming over for the day 

How excited everyone in England must be, with the Coronation of King Charles and wife Camilla.  London will certainly be overly busy with all of the excitement and many goings-on.  Awesome that you'll be in town, whilst enjoying your afternoon tea with family.  Enjoy!

I hope Isaac feels better quickly!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Arzeena  I didn't know that you can just go into the DL and help yourself to bottled water!  We are newbies with our new status, and since our friends who traveled with us are not yet Diamond, we didn't go into DL, other than to look around.   Thanks for the tip!!

Have you got a moving date set up yet?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I installed the Apple iOS 16.4.1 (a) Rapid Security Response Release this morning on my iPhone and iPad.  That was the quickest update installation that Apple has ever released.  Less than a minute to install.  Why can’t all updates be that quick to install. 

On another note, any bets on what color this baseball uniform will be after tonight’s game?   Grandson’s first game of the season was supposed to be Saturday. Then they were going to try every day since then, but it has been raining almost nonstop since last Friday. 

IMG_7155.thumb.jpeg.d79e910c4b4b4147250b79078e5c40cc.jpeg

Game starts at 8:00, so they will be playing under the lights.  

So much fun playing under the lights for the kids!  If your grandson likes to slide, I'm going to say a combination of brown and green.  The rain has been relentless here in South Jersey, too.  The sun did peek out a little in the afternoon, before the rain began again.  By the way, it's drizzling right now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Arzeena  I didn't know that you can just go into the DL and help yourself to bottled water!  We are newbies with our new status, and since our friends who traveled with us are not yet Diamond, we didn't go into DL, other than to look around.   Thanks for the tip!!

Have you got a moving date set up yet?

I am not aware either and I am not new.

You used to be able to pick up some at Happy Hour sometimes when they had a dedicated bar but certainly not randomly through the day.

• Like 3

Speaking of dance, our granddaughter has three dance performances coming up.  I don’t know why the scheduled the performance so far away, but they will be at Packard Music Hall which is past @Lionesss Sue’s house. 

IMG_7156.thumb.jpeg.52c708742b757452e882029b5839661d.jpeg

Add to that, tickets have to be purchased through Ticketmaster, so prices are inflated.  Daughter paid $300 for tickets for the family and $1,000 for dance outfits. These recitals get more expensive each year. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

I couldn't live on an island. Maui is gorgeous, but there is only one main road that goes everywhere on Maui! You can't just drive to other places, or other states. It is beautiful, but I couldn't do it. It is too confining. And I thought that back in college. 

Although I live in New York I am in a very small town.There is only one road that goes through the whole town ,3 miles.Another road goes through some of the town for 1 mile.In the Spring and Summer it is a wonderful place to live.

A high percentage of the residents go to Fla for the winter.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

What an awesome day for you!   A surprise Birthday dinner with close friends is the best!   Spending time together afterwards, is just great!

Safe travels next week, Bonnie and Jack!  I sure hope Mother Nature changes her mind and begins to give us dry weather, with warm temperatures, especially for your visit to NJ!!

• Like 4

Good evening.

I had a hospital telephone appointment this morning about my arthritic feet.

In December they put inserts in my shoes which made the pain much worse so I took them out.

The result is I have a face to face appointment in a few weeks.

This afternoon we had a clear out in the garage and it looks a lot tidier now.

I hope everyone is safe and well and looking forward to having a lovely day.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

(Thankfully) it wasn’t too chilly tonight for Inside/out at the Sydney Opera House.  As part of the 50th Birthday celebrations they had a week of live performances that could be watched on the big screen on the forecourt of the Opera House for only $10 a ticket.  Tonight’s offering was the ballet & for only $10 it was good value for a newbie to ballet - we could leave early if we got too cold or bored.44A031AA-23C5-4DEB-9293-E92CBE8992B4.thumb.jpeg.e1a40a369cfc98009a7814aa512e7843.jpeg

The audience outside watching the audience inside the Opera House waiting for the same ballet to start.AF63486F-94E8-47A2-868D-9BA62E80FE24.thumb.jpeg.f633691c83fda3265a55edc071ebd397.jpeg

Ballet was Jewels.  Beautiful costumes, lovely ballet, lovely music and perfect for first timers to the ballet like ourselves.  The majority of the outside audience stayed to the very end including ourselves.

Photo taken during intermission 

1C134CB1-6D40-49F6-AC2C-4FFA9DE81A6C.thumb.jpeg.7a770d2867c9329b1b82abf0126f43c2.jpeg

First performance - Emeralds439C9038-BC4F-48AB-9058-05038BAE6D9B.thumb.jpeg.ae61788eb25b83d28461c3d3989f18b1.jpeg

Second performance - RubiesDEC1D953-EE10-45A4-9E42-234BB4F265C3.thumb.jpeg.1951b78586985980a180022a1d889359.jpeg

Final performance - Diamonds

BB09DB36-1203-4B63-AF1B-3414B0B0F455.thumb.jpeg.a5d88da9fabd10ade8ca3d9fb55a4b27.jpeg

D5866C9E-E0D3-4AA8-8FA1-A4588542ADA8.thumb.jpeg.d80f113179ea4f30eec8026cda4840a2.jpeg

And walking back to the ferry wharf at Circular Quay, we saw Darth Vader, a couple of Storm Troopers  and several other Star Wars characters roller skating with their lightsabers #Happy Star Wars Day.

We’re hoping for something like this while in Australia so will being doing research on that too.  While on a Viking River cruise we went to the Vienna Opera. It was a lovely evening we’ll never forget.  We’d love to fit something in at the Sydney Opera house.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Speaking of dance, our granddaughter has three dance performances coming up.  I don’t know why the scheduled the performance so far away, but they will be at Packard Music Hall which is past @Lionesss Sue’s house. 

IMG_7156.thumb.jpeg.52c708742b757452e882029b5839661d.jpeg

Add to that, tickets have to be purchased through Ticketmaster, so prices are inflated.  Daughter paid $300 for tickets for the family and $1,000 for dance outfits. These recitals get more expensive each year. 

It's become insane!  Our 3 daughters all danced in recitals when they were younger, and our 3 granddaughters used to dance in their recitals.  Those days are long gone now.  I must say that the most expensive outfits were for our oldest granddaughter, who was an Irish dancer.  Talk about expensive!!!!  Those dresses cost $1,000.00 for just one dress.  She was such an excellent "stepper", though.  She went on to become an instructor until heading to College.

Enjoy your granddaughters' Recital, Mark!  As you know, they're only young for such a short time!❤️

Good luck to your grandson tonight!!

• Like 7