Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning.  Been up since 3.30am.  Always seem to be awake for the sail in and it’s always been worth it.B10EBDA1-FFA3-4543-A38A-9F22C703C46C.thumb.jpeg.6e0c633cd1b01e0b4a073baf642091d5.jpeg

82AED01A-D66B-40A7-91AD-571FE2E332D0.thumb.jpeg.6025eb80776a9892648e19210041611f.jpeg

Had a lovely relaxing cruise and enjoyed our four ports very much.  First time cruising in our Autumn and would happily do a South Pacific again at this time of year.

Welcome back!  Beautiful pictures, glad you had such a wonderful time cruising the South Pacific!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning.  Been up since 3.30am.  Always seem to be awake for the sail in and it’s always been worth it.B10EBDA1-FFA3-4543-A38A-9F22C703C46C.thumb.jpeg.6e0c633cd1b01e0b4a073baf642091d5.jpeg

82AED01A-D66B-40A7-91AD-571FE2E332D0.thumb.jpeg.6025eb80776a9892648e19210041611f.jpeg

Had a lovely relaxing cruise and enjoyed our four ports very much.  First time cruising in our Autumn and would happily do a South Pacific again at this time of year.

I am also up for every port arrival. If I missed one I would be so annoyed with myself. Now, on the other hand, I don't think my brother has ever witnessed a port arrival. In fact, that could apply to everyone that I'm related to except my mother. Early mornings was always "our time" to spend together.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve experienced that a number of years ago when our hot water tank crapped out. It’s no fun. Our house relies on having the Internet with our Ring doorbell and security cameras, Alexa for our daily alarms and of course our ability to watch tv. I do have a over the air antenna but because we live in an area surrounded by hills I can only get one channel. Looks like we will be on our phones a lot tonight and through tomorrow.

I agree, loss of internet is far worse than loss of hot water because of all the modern technology that can’t function without internet. We are fortunate that our son lives 4 minutes away and we could take showers at their house.  I hope you are back up and running soon.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, there are parts of any borough that are rough.  Try walking in Brownsville in Brooklyn, Jamaica in Queens, the North Side of Staten Island.  George and I don't need to venture up to The Bronx because all of the places that attract us are in "the city", Manhattan. 

If I could walk,I could walk in Jamaica daytime.I could also walk in SI daytime.Brownsville is just one section of Brooklyn .There have been more murders in the Bronx in the past few years than any other part of NYC.

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

If I could walk,I could walk in Jamaica daytime.I could also walk in SI daytime.Brownsville is just one section of Brooklyn .There have been more murders in the Bronx in the past few years than any other part of NYC.

Was there also a high Bronx murder rate when Giuliani was mayor? He seemed to really turn Manhattan around on so many levels.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was there also a high Bronx murder rate when Giuliani was mayor? He seemed to really turn Manhattan around on so many levels.

If there was a PM feature on CC or if we had a personal conversation I could tell you something about Giuliani that would “blow your mind.”

The Bronx has had a high crime rate for more than 50 years.

• Like 1

Just returned home from our couple days in Columbus, Ohio. Susan enjoyed her time with family.  

A few of us did a couple really short hikes this morning. The first trail had a really small waterfall, but the water was very muddy.  It appears that was due to some construction work in the stream.  Maybe Ohio doesn’t require any E&S controls. 

IMG_7326.thumb.jpeg.c18031cb42dcebfed32e432376a0a34b.jpeg

The next trail had a waterfall, but not a lot of water flowing. 

IMG_7329.thumb.jpeg.9f2ad1c4906f128e9acf47c01df6d97e.jpeg

On our way back to meet with others, we passed the Field of Corn art installation in Dublin, Ohio. Evidently this is a tribute to Sam Frantz, who developed several hybrid corn species. 

IMG_7344.thumb.jpeg.182cf9f2a02d264b0b3685fe9bcbf5af.jpeg

Well, lunch was this, because I had spent a day around Susan’s family.  

IMG_7347.thumb.jpeg.86feecc07b37ea33f504e6721612d10a.jpeg

At least it was 5 O’Clock somewhere by then. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 12

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am also up for every port arrival. If I missed one I would be so annoyed with myself. Now, on the other hand, I don't think my brother has ever witnessed a port arrival. In fact, that could apply to everyone that I'm related to except my mother. Early mornings was always "our time" to spend together.

Lovely that you and your mom both enjoyed early mornings together.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

He was a great mayor, too bad he went nuts afterwards. 

• Like 3

@Tree_skier Owen's rugby team remains undefeated and just has a couple games left in the season.  

Last game Owen had a 50 yard kick.  The following was his discussion with his coach.

Coach - How did you do that?

Owen with a straight face - I don't skip leg day.

• Like 19

39 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Hello from Florida!

We are in our new home and settling down. There are a million and one things to do, but we will get to them slowly.

*****! (Welcome to Florida). 

Edit:  I guess the abbreviation for Welcome To Florida is a no no.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Haha 17

52 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Hello from Florida!

We are in our new home and settling down. There are a million and one things to do, but we will get to them slowly.

Enjoy your new home.  Here in North Florida it is a beautiful 65 degrees.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just returned home from our couple days in Columbus, Ohio. Susan enjoyed her time with family.  

A few of us did a couple really short hikes this morning. The first trail had a really small waterfall, but the water was very muddy.  It appears that was due to some construction work in the stream.  Maybe Ohio doesn’t require any E&S controls. 

IMG_7326.thumb.jpeg.c18031cb42dcebfed32e432376a0a34b.jpeg

The next trail had a waterfall, but not a lot of water flowing. 

IMG_7329.thumb.jpeg.9f2ad1c4906f128e9acf47c01df6d97e.jpeg

On our way back to meet with others, we passed the Field of Corn art installation in Dublin, Ohio. Evidently this is a tribute to Sam Frantz, who developed several hybrid corn species. 

IMG_7344.thumb.jpeg.182cf9f2a02d264b0b3685fe9bcbf5af.jpeg

Well, lunch was this, because I had spent a day around Susan’s family.  

IMG_7347.thumb.jpeg.86feecc07b37ea33f504e6721612d10a.jpeg

At least it was 5 O’Clock somewhere by then. 

That's where im heading in a few. But cinn area, countryside.  My cousin volunteers at heavenward horse camp and I'm probably staying long enough to go help her get the kids on horses riding. I'm not sure how often she goes but seems most mornings. We will also go see the nature preserve and see birds and flowers. Your pictures are beautiful. It's a nice area and looks very green.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Hello from Florida!

I'm so happy you made it there without huge incidents. Your furniture wasnt broken and arrived early intact. I will be so happy to just grt there like you. I'm just glad you can relax now and work on the house at your own pace. Awesome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hope your flight is smooth, on time and that you have a fabulous time in my old hometown.

image.png.fa2f358e3bdc9bc71e9a235ae324ac82.png

@George C    + 2

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I agree. I was brought up by my parents with the mindset if you can’t say something nice don’t say it at all.

+ 4 👍

16 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning.  Been up since 3.30am.  Always seem to be awake for the sail in and it’s always been worth it.

Thank you for sharing those beautiful pics. Glad you had a wonderful cruise 🌹

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lovely that you and your mom both enjoyed early mornings together.

@Ocean Boy OB, + 2

46 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Enjoy your new home. 

@Arzeena and the proximity to cruise ports + 2 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have checked in for our June cruise.  I even have the app! which shows the boarding passes.  I plan to do the health thing on my phone and the muster thing too.  How do I get luggage tags?  I would rather already have them on the bags instead of trying to do them at the port.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Hello from Florida!

Congratulations!  I wish you both well in your new home and have nothing but happiness.  (Also, I'm very jealous) 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1