Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I talked to my doctor brother who looked at my MRI of my left knee. His first comment was "wow, what in the hell did you do to your knee." He said the MRI showed him that I hade a extruded meniscus and is basically torn and beat to s%&t. He also thinks I may have a torn ligament plus bone spurs. I basically have no cartilage and basically a torn ACL. He's surprised I can even walk on it as it looks so bad. He then went on say a bone marrow transplant would not help me and that it might be better to just get another knee replacement. Needless to say I am very depressed but if it means doing something to get better I will do it.

Here are the MRI"s. I have no idea what I'm looking at but my brother put arrows where there is something going on. Maybe the good doctor, @Ocean Boy can look at them and give me his expert opinion. 

MRI 1

MRI1.thumb.jpg.9a6f51c7745a35cae94e7b7c42447445.jpg

MRI 2

MRI2.thumb.jpg.9f14861e7ae80651fb1b35dd5340b3e1.jpg

MRI 3

IMG_3.thumb.jpeg.9f7e5a353dbcb1ea03196bccc9030e94.jpeg

MRI 4

IMG_4.thumb.jpeg.d4354a7aac5ca7e26596088abfc7e603.jpeg

Trouble is now Linda needs hand surgery to repair bone on bone by her thumb. so we need to try and schedule that before our October cruise. Then schedule me a knee replacement in November to hopefully make our April Celebrity cruise. Looks like the holidays may be a bummer around here. Thanks for letting me rant.

My thought is that you need a total knee replacement and anything less will end up being a failure and a disappointment to you not to mention a waste of time and just a delay of the inevitable... but what do I know. I'm just some random dude on the internet.

• Like 10
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Anyone our there still watching Below Deck Yacht or has everyone kissed it off?

I was thinking, I wonder what the proud parents of these people think of the kids they raised? Imagine that one of them is yours and your friends call you up and tell you they saw your son/daughter on TV last night... 😮😮

I do like the chef. She is good at her job and just seems like a very nice person.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of too high, I thought I would check Icon in January.   They are not showing the key yet but for the UDP they want $356.99! Almost $51 per day!  

UDP for Symphony in December is $373.99, and the Key is $41.99.  All the prices are crazy high.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I talked to my doctor brother who looked at my MRI of my left knee. His first comment was "wow, what in the hell did you do to your knee." He said the MRI showed him that I hade a extruded meniscus and is basically torn and beat to s%&t. He also thinks I may have a torn ligament plus bone spurs. I basically have no cartilage and basically a torn ACL. He's surprised I can even walk on it as it looks so bad. He then went on say a bone marrow transplant would not help me and that it might be better to just get another knee replacement. Needless to say I am very depressed but if it means doing something to get better I will do it.

Here are the MRI"s. I have no idea what I'm looking at but my brother put arrows where there is something going on. Maybe the good doctor, @Ocean Boy can look at them and give me his expert opinion. 

MRI 1

MRI 2

MRI 3

MRI 4

Trouble is now Linda needs hand surgery to repair bone on bone by her thumb. so we need to try and schedule that before our October cruise. Then schedule me a knee replacement in November to hopefully make our April Celebrity cruise. Looks like the holidays may be a bummer around here. Thanks for letting me rant.

Sorry to hear this Greg.  I know the recovery of your other knee was difficult.  The good news, I guess, is that full replacement is more likely a better long term answer??  I can't remember if bone marrow transplant was temporary (like a steroid shot but better) or intended to be a more permanent fix.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

I keep forgetting to tell you Sue. Tampa Hotels: We stayed at Embassy Suites in March. It was very expensive. You mentioned Home2Suites in your post. We were booked there on one of our cancelled cruises. But also check the Hampton Inn pricing. Home2Suites and Hampton are in the same building/complex and have the same amenities, free breakfast, etc. It is kind of weird, they are in the same building. 

We are thinking about booking Embassy Suites.  Last I looked it was $165 per night and we can use credit cards points.    Did you like this location?   Is it in good condition?

10 hours ago, mets07 said:

We have been blessed with a 5th grandchild. Grandchildren are ages 6 years, 4 years, almost 2 years, 7 months, and our brand new grandson.  💙

We are cruising with one of our sons and 3 of his children in late July .... should be interesting. 😉

Congratulations to all of your loving family 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

MRI 1

MRI 2

MRI 3

MRI 4

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee and how bad it actually is.

I hope you have a successful knee replacement Greg.

Best wishes and good luck.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was thinking, I wonder what the proud parents of these people think of the kids they raised? Imagine that one of them is yours and your friends call you up and tell you they saw your son/daughter on TV last night... 😮😮

I do like the chef. She is good at her job and just seems like a very nice person.

Agree about the chef. I really like her and how she has managed to avoid the ridiculous drama and just do her job. Unfortunately this means we probably won’t see her again after this season as it’s become very clear Bravo loves the drama causing, narcissistic types to stir things up season after season.  Really starting to get getting sick of this show.

• Like 3

MRI 1

MRI 2

MRI 3

MRI 4

That is disappointing news Greg.  I believe that once the initial blow of this news wears off a bit, your tenacity will carry you forward, and we will all be here to listen to all the ranting you wish to dish out.  Anyone that gets the privilege to cruise with you will be happy to rant about knees and glorify drinks and cocktails.  I know I'm looking forward to it.  Keep us posted.

Dennis

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was thinking that too. I would be horrified!  The chef is great though and walks away from the drama. 

Below Deck Down Under is going to have crew drama too based on the long preview I have seen. Aesha is back as chief stew. Captain Jason is back too. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

I keep forgetting to tell you Sue. Tampa Hotels: We stayed at Embassy Suites in March. It was very expensive. You mentioned Home2Suites in your post. We were booked there on one of our cancelled cruises. But also check the Hampton Inn pricing. Home2Suites and Hampton are in the same building/complex and have the same amenities, free breakfast, etc. It is kind of weird, they are in the same building. 

Ah thank you so much . It's extremely close to the port do will be handy and seems to be on some kind of trolly bus route to the downtown area 

• Like 3

The weather has finally broken with a high of 21c and cloudy today. At least it was easier sleeping last night. Hardly any houses in UK have air con

Yesterday I took molly for a very early walk whilst it was cool in our local woods . Tried to upload a photo but got an error message 🙃 

• Like 6

MRI 1

MRI 2

MRI 3

MRI 4

HUGS, Greg.  I’m so sorry for this disappointing news.  You were so hoping for the bone marrow transplant.  We all dread the “S” word but sometimes that might be the best route to go.  Be hopeful.  Be optimistic that you will have a better time with recovery this time.  I wish you didn’t have to wait until November though but I understand scheduling.  

All your friends are here to support you and wish you and Linda all the best.  Big hug 🫂 again.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I was thinking that too. I would be horrified!  The chef is great though and walks away from the drama. 

Below Deck Down Under is going to have crew drama too based on the long preview I have seen. Aesha is back as chief stew. Captain Jason is back too. 

During the advertisement for DU last night they did somewhat of a "photo shoot" of Jason. It appeared that they are trying to sexualize him into the new "stud of the seas". I really hope this is not the direction they go in.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

MRI 1

MRI 2

MRI 3

MRI 4

So sorry Greg I know you were not hoping for another knee replacement. 

But after hearing what your Brother said,torn ACL and all I think I would be canceling  the October Cruise now while you still have a chance before Final Payment.

Do you think somehow in the next 90 days your knee somehow is going to feel better?

If I was you after surgery and your feeling better just jump on a ship short notice at the end of the year,you might be able to find a sweet deal.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Like 2

As I am a lightweight as far as drinks go my review of our drinks on the cruise is short.  We found the pool bar was only good when not busy.  The Solarium bar was much better.  My go to drinks were Dark and Stormy, Caribbean Mule and Mezcal Mule.  There was definitely a ginger beer theme.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Keksie said:

So what does your husband do on the last morning of the cruise.  The internet is finally fast since most people are still asleep and he has had all the pool time he can take.  

He looks at all the categories on Craigslist and now meet our newest family member.  Her name is Sabel and she is 9.5 weeks old.

Sabel1.thumb.jpeg.e95212e3c4a5d22aa2efcb1ec9bcc575.jpeg

Adorable! So cute! Meeow meeow meeow!🥰

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Minnie is pretty much back to acting like herself.  Which means sleeping behind me at night as we watch TV.  ❤️

Excellent news 😘

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sabel is precious.   Welcome to the family😻

@Keksie + 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations!  

I'm sure your July cruise will be packed with lots of fun.   

I enjoy watching the look in the eyes of new cruisers, especially the little ones.

@mets07 + 5 

56 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

HUGS, Greg.  I’m so sorry for this disappointing news.  You were so hoping for the bone marrow transplant.  We all dread the “S” word but sometimes that might be the best route to go.  Be hopeful.  Be optimistic that you will have a better time with recovery this time.  I wish you didn’t have to wait until November though but I understand scheduling.  

All your friends are here to support you and wish you and Linda all the best.  Big hug 🫂 again.

@Sea Dog  + 6

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Sea Dog Well Greg sorry your news was not what you hoped for regarding your knee!  I know having another knee replacement wasn't in your plans at all and I am sorry Linda needs surgery too!  I am also putting off some hand surgery for a trigger finger that I have reached the steriod shot limit.  I don't want to do it till after golf season.  Anyway, I do hope you will not cancel our October cruise but understand if you must.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Minnie is pretty much back to acting like herself.  Which means sleeping behind me at night as we watch TV.  ❤️

IMG_5160.jpeg

Not to be argumentative or anything but it appears that Minnie is watching TV while you sleep.

😄😉

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Not to be argumentative or anything but it appears that Minnie is watching TV while you sleep.

In that picture you are right; her eyes are open.  However, the TV is to my right.  She’ll look so adorable curled up asleep that I can’t resist putting my head and hand back to stroke her.  She’ll start awake, see that it’s me and immediately go back to sleep.

• Like 3