Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I take it you are referring to a PSA level?

Yes it was 20 before radiation 1 after , I knew I had cancer for almost a decade but just monitored it , finally did the radiation last year when I was 73 . 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes it was 20 before radiation 1 after , I knew I had cancer for almost a decade but just monitored it , finally did the radiation last year when I was 73 . 

Very common to just monitor it for a time until it starts, if ever, to become more aggressive. Sounds like it was managed exactly right.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Prayers needed.  We are on our way to Columbia Presbyterian in Manhattan.. transplant doctors want Charlie there, something with his heart.  I will keep you posted.

(((((((Marietta prayers and hugs for you and Charlie))))))

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very common to just monitor it for a time until it starts, if ever, to become more aggressive. Sounds like it was managed exactly right.

Urologist wanted to operate earlier  but said we could monitor, glad I waited . My 8 year younger brother appears to have his psa at similar numbers I had at his age. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Prayers needed.  We are on our way to Columbia Presbyterian in Manhattan.. transplant doctors want Charlie there, something with his heart.  I will keep you posted.

Sending prayers and hugs to you and Charlie.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, akcruz said:

When we first moved to SC we had rabbits in our yard but haven't seen them the last few years.  Others have seen coyotes recently so assu,ING that's where the rabbits went.  We have quite a bit of undeveloped land just outside our development, some of which they are starting to build on (way too juch building), chasing everything our way.  Have coyotes, bear, gators, deer along with the smaller lizards, frogs, and yucky snakes.

We have lots of rabbits and a few baby deer now.

AIL4fc8HxX6nrI2tSMGwAJ_4x10NbmKAugUuNUR7BbzEwH8-ZPQ1bUylsulGnAIgJXRvud4q5w4gf1Yim0H2QTY4fMGA4Hn22MqAyojzihOzpa7avhBYVraOdzKPN0PvZI1ZKtNbid-t-3Sd21F5Pck3E0_g0w=w1292-h969-s-no?authuser=0

AIL4fc8tNM8DUwIuiQ8ZyF-pyW7F2kcmB3a0IfdE0YzZ7FrMALdXJvlejdyY6GrRgW1C9ZbAE2SXdj7Vx6amGeVXDFQadeYFJfdbafOEHWHlb1ceW6urbgKzGDbGHvy5lN_pazbPkPPHsGgNgqyA8dvMLosAwQ=w1292-h969-s-no?authuser=0

Some of the Deer are quite old and come up right to my Truck for a treat.

AIL4fc8hobwryAKnUQNmDr_7YlsRdOExNXBpd90pQbgKG4G0gThMDuf9kX2lLUsiaQ3HaVstNnbhBTfB5Xwr3cNGwng5DZj4dLbCq11a4pONQvU3i37kj_OvVR4yMXDAC6qyzIom-JNKozHXplq-xdQ5hZAheQ=w1292-h969-s-no?authuser=0

AIL4fc-mZ-8lBU7ZE79yDJhLMGT3FbPuvRp9yXQk0sDvAMU1qyTL5WEWHUpZ1_3daSIqXnW3i1N8A4fwzLgfmUoTjkqeEBnl3ec8G-6J_7HOwbB69vX4hcFTzyS12PgfiGhD3ZiPCta3lG7OngQ_76QdZNjDOQ=w727-h969-s-no?authuser=0

Some can never get enough food.

AIL4fc-0nXE7NramjaGUXr4xvt7bxRnSldblQ7JMoGv-mJYyalyK4zvrjn368jqsbiiDR5paME4XCZNMRtQh8ooNBCesxngABGYiQrvwgb1icnzWqUTYNhR0IRuPKR4JXPe64T2ml5vI9CROEl1bJpu3Ys7PHw=w1292-h969-s-no?authuser=0

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sending prayers for Charlie and you, from our house. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Tachycardia, high blood pressure, heart rate wouldn’t come down.  He is admitted and I am sad.

I am sorry, Marietta.  I hope they can figure out what is going on soon and get his numbers down where they belong.  Make sure you take care of yourself too.  Sending more prayers. 🙏🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Done! I hope everything turns out ok. I will thinking of you and Charlie. Praying.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

They are probably going to do a heart biopsy to check for rejection.  I am going to bed now and hope the phone doesn’t ring during the night.

We are all praying for you and Charlie.  Like I said before, Charlie is in a great hospital, with really great caring professionals.  I know it's going to be hard, but try to get some rest, Marietta.  

If need be, they have Valet parking where you just pull up to the door.  There is also a parking lot right across the street to the left of the hospital.  ❤️🙏🙏🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Adding our prayers and good thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We are all praying for you and Charlie.  Like I said before, Charlie is in a great hospital, with really great caring professionals.  I know it's going to be hard, but try to get some rest, Marietta.  

If need be, they have Valet parking where you just pull up to the door.  There is also a parking lot right across the street to the left of the hospital.  ❤️🙏🙏🙏

Unfortunately, we know the hospital area well.  Valet parking is great but the trip from Staten Island

is so long, traffic is horrendous.  We rather he be there but I feel so far from him.  He has been through so much the past twenty years.  We are thankful for the extra time the new heart has given him but a rest would be nice.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Arzeena said:

They will. If you ask them and tip them good. That has been our experience.

Where is your next cruise?

September 29 Mariner 8 day to Bermuda. 
I was able to book a taxi for the full day. Probably spend the second day on the balcony while Dick explores n his own. 
I’m feeling wonky today. Second day home from Maine and shaking like a leaf and having a hard time breathing when I move. 
My heart rate is way up, but I’m not fibrillating. Hopefully tomorrow I‘ll be better. 
I’n not complaining, because Charlie and Linda have real concerns. 
Praying  for both of them to recover quickly and get back to normal. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The deer and rabbits are welcome to anything that grows in this yard. Although I did become annoyed when the deer killed the cherry tree by stripping off all the bark on it.

When I was a child, in PA, I remember hearing how the goats killed my grandpa's fruit orchard by stripping bark from the trees.

• Like 2