Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Non Staten Islanders always made fun of us calling it the Island.  Apparently, only Long Island counted

My daughters refer to the Island as "The Rock".  I don't know when they began referring to it as such, but Jim has also begun calling it The Rock.  I am old fashioned.  I always have, and always will, call our old home the Island.

18 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We called Manhattan The City so non islanders made fun of that too.  We were the forgotten Borough so never counted ourselves as part of The City.  I didn’t think you would make fun of us😁

It will always be The City to all of us from the Island🥰

• Like 2

We called Manhattan The City so non islanders made fun of that too.  We were the forgotten Borough so never counted ourselves as part of The City.  I didn’t think you would make fun of us😁

The City will always be Manhattan to me.  My mom, from Williamsburg Bklyn, originally Poland, called Manhattan: "NY".

I spent 10 of the best summers of my life on the island.  Staten Island!  Lenny worked there but came in from Brooklyn.  I had the best time on the Staten Island ferry.  Soft pretzels with mustard squeezed on top can instantly take me back to my childhood summers on the ferry.

Here in TX, I'm like a fish out of water no matter what I say. 🤣

• Like 6

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was a packed day for us again. 

From finding more shark teeth

IMG_8052.thumb.jpeg.6e8e599ddb4794ef33538fc84acaebed.jpeg

to getting tattoos 

IMG_8055.thumb.jpeg.b58a1904f2f3cee5150b0ffe9c9865c6.jpeg

to the aquarium 

IMG_8063.thumb.jpeg.0ac5c6c6322a95f0c7ac5cabfa4208ed.jpeg

IMG_8083.thumb.jpeg.4ea2ab17dfade21bbbb3c19eab66b18b.jpeg

to drinks and tasty desert at Margaritaville 

IMG_8062.thumb.jpeg.7159827aaffe4a5f9a4fbff5e7127198.jpeg

to just bouncing around

They had two of the kids on opposite sides. The one in the background, doing flips, is my granddaughter. 

Your photos bring back happy memories of things I used to do with my kids in the school holidays.

What is the dessert?

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We called Manhattan The City so non islanders made fun of that too.

I grew up in Queens and we called Manhattan "the city" as well. I think that was pretty universal outside Manhattan.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Today is National French Fry day.

Free French Fries from McDonald,  any size. No other purchase is necessary.  Wendy's too but you need to order something else.  All orders must be placed thru their respective apps.

Thanks for the info for everyone else.  Am I the only person here who doesn’t like French fries? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

The City will always be Manhattan to me.  My mom, from Williamsburg Bklyn, originally Poland, called Manhattan: "NY".

I spent 10 of the best summers of my life on the island.  Staten Island!  Lenny worked there but came in from Brooklyn.  I had the best time on the Staten Island ferry.  Soft pretzels with mustard squeezed on top can instantly take me back to my childhood summers on the ferry.

Even though I have been in Texas longer than I lived in New York City I still have my New York accent and feel at home when we visit . 

• Like 6

I loved the ferry pretzels and the orange drink in the little container. Sigh

Yes!!

@BonTexasNY How long have you been in Texas?  My brother lives outside of Houston, Pearland, always enjoyed our visits.  The humidity is a bit much though!!!

Oct. 17 will be 10 years. Houston has horribly high humidity.  Luckily, Dallas and surrounding areas have bearable humidity most times.  We do get high temps like this week will be low 100s for days.

35 minutes ago, George C said:

Even though I have been in Texas longer than I lived in New York City I still have my New York accent and feel at home when we visit . 

Although I live in TX and love being here, NY will always be considered my home.  It's part of who I am.

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thanks for the info for everyone else.  Am I the only person here who doesn’t like French fries? 

That's ok.  I like you anyway. 😊

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Your photos bring back happy memories of things I used to do with my kids in the school holidays.

What is the dessert?

Desert was molten lava Bundt cake.  It reminded me of Royal’s molten lava chocolate cake. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Does anyone else think it odd that @jagsfan posted nothing today as to any update or did I miss something?

I don't think you have missed an update, I didn't see one.  When she was sick in the past, she did not post for a few weeks.  I am hoping she went to the ER last night for help and is getting the care she sounded like she needed.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I don't think you have missed an update, I didn't see one.  When she was sick in the past, she did not post for a few weeks.  I am hoping she went to the ER last night for help and is getting the care she sounded like she needed.

I hope she did too. 

• Like 9

Echocardiogram and heart biopsy were excellent.  Doctors were pleased with those results.  Ekg still abnormal, pressure still high.  He called and sounded better.  OB, is it possible the radioactive injection from the pet scan can mess with pressure and stuff?

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My mother lived in Williamsburg after arriving from Poland I loved taking the SI ferry .I took my kids to the SI zoo .It was the only zoo we ever went to.We also went to Richmond Restoration and the SI Mall.

My god daughters mother and step father lived in SI many years.Many of my former co-workers relocated to SI from Brooklyn after they retired.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I loved the ferry pretzels and the orange drink in the little container. Sigh

When I worked in the Day Camp in SI all the kids got orange drinks in the little containers every day for lunch.I had a lot of fun that summer.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My mother lived in Williamsburg after arriving from Poland I loved taking the SI ferry .I took my kids to the SI zoo .It was the only zoo we ever went to.We also went to Richmond Restoration and the SI Mall.

My god daughters mother and step father lived in SI many years.Many of my former co-workers relocated to SI from Brooklyn after they retired.

We lived on South 2nd Street in Williamsburg before moving to Manhattan or NY as mom used to say.  It seems like we have quite a few similarities in our lives.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@BonTexasNY How long have you been in Texas?  My brother lives outside of Houston, Pearland, always enjoyed our visits.  The humidity is a bit much though!!!

Two of my friends from Elementary school moved to a Houston suburb,Seabrook.The daughter and family of another friend lives in a Houston suburb currently

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Echocardiogram and heart biopsy were excellent.  Doctors were pleased with those results.  Ekg still abnormal, pressure still high.  He called and sounded better.  OB, is it possible the radioactive injection from the pet scan can mess with pressure and stuff?

Great news Marietta! I hope it was as simple as what you asked OB. Give him my regards and wishes for feeling better.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

I grew up in Queens and we called Manhattan "the city" as well. I think that was pretty universal outside Manhattan.

I grew up in Brooklyn .I worked in all 5 boroughs My friends and I never referred to Manhattan as “the city.”

• Like 1