Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Good info,  we love most types of music and definitely country.  Dierks sounds good to me!  I see there’s a Jason Aldean rooftop too that’s peaking my interest too.  Trying to gauge where to stay within walking distance (ie … 🍻🍻) 😂

I know Garth Brooks just opened a bar called Friends in low places, I would love to visit.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 7:37 PM, Tree_skier said:

So my Grandson broke his wrist a couple of weeks back or so ago.  He was riding a dirt bike and decided use the small hill leading to the back of the property as a jump.  It all ended bad involving a tree stump.

The official diagnosis was that he fractured his distal radius and ulna styloid. 

****Below is for @Ocean Boy*****

Viewrecentphotos.thumb.jpeg.1880e31dc05b58cc94f670a0ecd76a2b.jpeg

Apparently Comminuted is the bad one.  Surgery was a week and a half ago and it required pins and plates of some sort...  

Today he got the cast thing off.

IMG_1230.thumb.jpeg.f732e90eece970974fe19519cf7c7dd6.jpeg

His arm is all shriveled up.  I warned him that that was what was likely to happen but he was horrified when he actually saw it.  He works out and is quite fit.  He's quite concerned it's going to stay that way.  The doctor assured him once his therapy is complete he can get back to working it in the gym and he will look normal.

Ouch!!!   Do you think he will get back on a dirt bike?

More storms this afternoon in Dallas area, wife talked to our neighbor who watches our house , lots of flooding at bottom of our street some houses flooded, pools overflowing. Shelagh has her hand surgery tomorrow morning, she needed to work most of the weekend to catch up from vacation, luckily two more years to her retirement, if not sooner . 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope your DD had a wonderful Birthday weekend😊

Yes she did.  Celebrating continues.  I have been getting lots of pictures of her and my granddaughter having a good time in Florida.

They even spotted a giant Daryl.  😂😂

IMG_0439.thumb.jpeg.5084eed93c5f57b3619cf94c4b6c6134.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

I just finished watching Eric on Netflix.It is one season 6 episodes starring Benedict Cumberbatch ,Gabby Hoffman and Dan Fogler.Dan is the son of one of my wife’s long time co-workers.We try to see every acting performance of his.He recently starred on TV in The Walking Dead,he is a Tony Award winner and will be in an upcoming movie about Bob Dylan.

Eric is not a great series but the acting is excellent and the story is unlike any that I ever saw.Therefore,I recommend it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I just paid a ridiculous price at target for a tiny sling chair. At least it folds it. I didnt see a brand, just said sling chair. I sat in it and seems ok, though it's very small. I will look around more later, but I made a appointment for spectrum to come out and install 2 small tvs and wifi at 10 am so I plan to be there by 9 am and obviously am not standing there waiting for a hour. I'm a,ready worried I dont have the right stuff. First she says go ahead and plug them in especially if they are smart tv. The samsung is only a few months old. 

Then she wants me to get on wifi before its installed to download the app so I can set up a pin number. I have 4 tv outlet places I see, and only 2 small tvs. For $65 set up fee. The guy who comes better be able to figure it out. 

The wifi here at the hotel isnt secure. He is supposed to call or text me on my cell phone to tell me when he is on the way. I'm currently south and driving up there. I'm assuming all the cords he needs are in the box they delivered friday. 

I've got my fingers crossed he can set up the tvs and wifi. All I have are the 2 tvs and my tablet I use for wifi. I turned in all my texas spectrum stuff last Monday morning. I want the same service but texas said the equipment cant cross the state line. 

Tell me I'll survive this and it gets get. Fingers crossed. 

I didnt have time to shop around much for a chair. Target is sure a overpriced choice to me but its maybe just getting hot and the season for patio furniture. In dallas in the fall it all goes on sale. Probably here season is year round. Something to spend more time looking for later on after I'm moved in. I needed a chair before tomorrow morning. I'll google search for a set I like after im moved in. 

I keep repeating I'll never move again. Bought a few shirts today too. I only came with 4 tee shirts thinking the truck hot on my heals. I'd pack more for a 7 day cruise than that. 

My house buyer in dallas called and said the next door neighbors tree fell over from the tornado and severely damaged the fence between us. I said ask him for his insurance, it's his tree. I have 0 trees. Our sales contract reads AS IS. But I've now got a damaged fence. New next door neighbor so far I'm not impressed with. He just moved in a couple months ago and has had two loud parties in his back yard. First one he rented one of those blow up jumping around play houses for kids. Must have a lot of family. I'm extra glad to not live next door to him. 

I know moving is the right thing for me. I hated that house, it was a money pit. Please please please let the moving truck arrive. And I want to live where I see water and nature and not a big city. 

Moving is always hard.  I feel your pain through your post.  

It will get better but it may take time.  Take one day at a time. Hang in there!

By the way, you got out of Dallas just in time.  We’ve had almost 10 inches of rain in the last week and there are still some in our suburb who haven’t had power since Tuesday morning.  We were fortunate, still need our fence and motorized gate fixed but have had power. Mosquitoes will be next….

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Sounds like I am going to be bar hopping.   Sounds like a place I’d like to visit.

Bar hopping in Nashville is fun. Lots of country stars have bar/restaurants and then there are the famous ones such as Tootsies.  Check out Assembly Hall for a lot of food / restaurant options. 

Hotels are expensive, but best to stay in/near downtown if you can especially for one night, just for convenience. 

Enjoy!    🎶 🎸

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

I popped out to do a business call and stopped at the beach for a coffee.

I hope everyone had a safe and rewarding weekend and I wish everyone a happy day today.

IMG_20240603_075231.jpg

IMG_20240603_081515.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Party, Lots of Bars!

Still trying to figure out when leaving from Pittsburgh area, how you end up going through Nashville to Florida? Did they move Florida west?

The whole state of Florida is west of Pittsburgh.  The longitude of where I live is about 80 Degrees west, as is Pittsburgh. If you travel due south from western Pa, you will be more than a 100 miles off shore in the Atlantic.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

The whole state of Florida is west of Pittsburgh.  The longitude of where I live is about 80 Degrees west, as is Pittsburgh. If you travel due south from western Pa, you will be more than a 100 miles off shore in the Atlantic.

It's a good bar trivia question.  We live just about on the western most point on the east coast.  At about 81.45 degrees west longitude, we're almost as far west as Akron, OH...70 miles west of Pittsburgh and almost 400 miles west of NYC.  You can probably win several drinks from people who would never believe that.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

For some reason that is a bit hard to conceptualize.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Sounds like I am going to be bar hopping.   Sounds like a place I’d like to visit.

It wouldn't be much of a guess to say that bar hopping is Nashville's number one attraction.  Places like Jason Aldean's and Kid Rock's have multiple floors with different types of bands on each floor and nice rooftop bar areas.  Lots of fun.  

If you're there on a weekend, you can expect to see busload after busload of bachelorette parties.  Lots of open top buses that will drive you around and are filled with drunk girls.  Nashville (at least in 2019) was one of the top bachelorette party destinations.

One last thing that might be useful.  There's a grocery store on Church St. between 4th and 5th.  We'd stop there on the way back to our hotel to pick up water, snacks, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's a good bar trivia question.  We live just about on the western most point on the east coast.  At about 81.45 degrees west longitude, we're almost as far west as Akron, OH...70 miles west of Pittsburgh and almost 400 miles west of NYC.  You can probably win several drinks from people who would never believe that.  

Yes not in Florida but coastal SC, it always amazes us when we go to our house in PA how much earlier sunrise and sunset are.  Hard to think being on the coast is further west than PA and Florida is even further west than we are.

As for Nasville, we did an Air B&B walking distance to downtown.  Great music, and drinks, everywhere you turn.  Had to visit multiple places each day to see them all.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A neighbor, a couple houses from us took these photos of their visitor yesterday.

IMG_7050.thumb.jpeg.ad6bd6f795da8173545b110f266d469c.jpeg

Here is our Bear we saw the other night.

Screenshot_20230531-002245~2.png

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@helen haywood

Marian, how are you doing?

Gosh, Dani, that’s so nice of you to think of me!  I’m OK.  In three weeks I’ve only left the house four times.  So the days drag…but I know it certainly could be worse.  George has been wonderful doing everything for me…hasn’t left me except to go shopping…which makes me feel terribly guilty that his life has been so affected…sigh.  I have my first PT appointment on Thursday so hopefully that will feel like I’ve turned a corner.  And I count down the days until I finish the six weeks non weight bearing…22 days more to go!

But much more importantly, how are you and your family doing?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Another Dallas area resident here with a weather update, especially for @firefly333, Jane, who got out just in time.  Torrential horizontal rain, wind, flooding yesterday, sirens to alert folks of either tornadoes/extreme t-storms.  Scary. Never lost power.  Jack and I tried to stay calm until the siren ended which was probably less than 10 minutes.

So glad our Dallas area friends in here were spared any major damage.

@GeorgeC Good luck with Shelagh's hand surgery tomorrow.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@helen haywood

Thanks, Marian.

We're "lucky" in the sense that our sons were both honorably discharged from reserve duty a few weeks before the war, and nobody was maimed/kidnapped/killed in our nearest circle.

BUT, the situation here is very sad, with absolutely no hope for a better future.

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So glad our Dallas area friends in here were spared any major damage.

+1 Bethany @TravelGirlinDallas and George @George C

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@GeorgeC Good luck with Shelagh's hand surgery tomorrow.

+ 1 @George C

• Like 13

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

Gosh, Dani, that’s so nice of you to think of me!  I’m OK.  In three weeks I’ve only left the house four times.  So the days drag…but I know it certainly could be worse.  George has been wonderful doing everything for me…hasn’t left me except to go shopping…which makes me feel terribly guilty that his life has been so affected…sigh.  I have my first PT appointment on Thursday so hopefully that will feel like I’ve turned a corner.  And I count down the days until I finish the six weeks non weight bearing…22 days more to go!

Wishing those 22 days of non weight bearing passes quickly.  I was non weight bearing for 6 weeks when I had surgery for a broken ankle 2 years ago. Hoping your PT is successful and that you'll be on both feet without any aid.

Please don't feel guilty about George taking care of you.  As Jack did for me, it was done out of love.

• Like 6