Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you both!

Which leads me to my next question: Is there any official place for Bella planning? The FOB thread does not seem very active & I'm guessing we'll keep Bella related activities off the Roll Call thread as it's used by many others.  Our "host" can no longer post here  &  I'm not on the other social media site. At least, not yet, although I can be if I need to be.

I had tried to get a conference room but only a small one was available.  Since there are quite a few on board the prior week and they will have their seapass cards right away so I thought about using the Crown lounge (Diamond)  Most of us are and for those that aren't we will show you the secret handshake to get in🤣.  Shouldn't be a problem if a few extra sneak in as we will be long gone by 4. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

I thought about using the Crown lounge (Diamond)

@Ken at the beach @barbeyg @HBE4  @Keksie  @Arzeena  @jmh2006  @Sunshine3601  @ReneeFLL  @Sea Dog  @FromSea2ShiningSea  @CSHS1979  @taznremmy  @Momof3gurlz  @firefly333 @akcruz @lovesthebeach2  @brillohead  @ATG  @dpostman  @derorim  @Husky1987  @molly361  @nasa1974  @patattack  @RFerrington  @SteelCityCruiser10  @ValerieJo and last, but not least, @Luckynana

Sounds great for the day 1 meet up -- from boarding until 1:30.

We'll need a place for sail away if someone wants to suggest ideas.  

Ken suggests the aft by the flow rider.  Easy to get to either side, not as crowded and there is a bar back there.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ken at the beach @barbeyg @HBE4  @Keksie  @Arzeena  @jmh2006  @Sunshine3601  @ReneeFLL  @Sea Dog  @FromSea2ShiningSea  @CSHS1979  @taznremmy  @Momof3gurlz  @firefly333 @akcruz @lovesthebeach2  @brillohead  @ATG  @dpostman  @derorim  @Husky1987  @molly361  @nasa1974  @patattack  @RFerrington  @SteelCityCruiser10  @ValerieJo and last, but not least, @Luckynana

Ken suggests the aft by the flow rider.  Easy to get to either side, not as crowded and there is a bar back there.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone.  

Pat

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Currently on Celebrity Eclipse in San Juan.  First time on a cruise since I fractured my leg in three places back in May.  I am being EXTREMELY CAREFUL everywhere at all times!!!

Took this reflection of Reflection on embarkation day.

IMG_6350.jpeg

How do you like the Eclipse?

@TravelGirlinDallas

Hi Bethany,

I'm in the "market" for a one night stay before flying home from FLL airport. I've "stumbled" upon your review of HI Express Cruise-Airport. Your review was good, but many are mixed...

Would you recommend it for spending the day "window shopping" and grabbing something to eat? 

I've also seen you recommend Bubba Gump Shrimp... I like seafood... Is it far from this hotel?

Thanks for any input or other recommendations. Obviously, since this hotel is close to the cruise port, it's more pricey, but I'll be AFTER the cruise, so not very important.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

@TravelGirlinDallas

Hi Bethany,

I'm in the "market" for a one night stay before flying home from FLL airport. I've "stumbled" upon your review of HI Express Cruise-Airport. Your review was good, but many are mixed...

Would you recommend it for spending the day "window shopping" and grabbing something to eat? 

I've also seen you recommend Bubba Gump Shrimp... I like seafood... Is it far from this hotel?

Thanks for any input or other recommendations. Obviously, since this hotel is close to the cruise port, it's more pricey, but I'll be AFTER the cruise, so not very important.

There were pros & cons about that hotel. It was clean. It has a large lobby where we waited comfortably for an hour or so between our checkout time and time to head to the port. It is very convenient to both the airport and the port. The Uber to the port was only $15, which was much less than the hotel's shuttle. It is a block or so away from a Walgreens, which we walked to to pick up some last-minute things. The staff at the hotel were incredibly helpful and cheerful - that is one thing I really remember. The breakfast was your typical basic free hotel breakfast, but the ladies who were replenishing the food were friendly and interacting with guests and kept the food stations filled.

However, we were in a room with two double-beds. Not a real problem for us, we can manage, but not what we or most people prefer. The beds were very firm (like Royal's, haha). The A/C unit was very noisy in our room. Would I stay there again? Probably. It was a better price than others in that area, which matters to us.

Bubba Gump is a chain restaurant, so maybe not as "foodie" as some of the other places, but we had never eaten there before. We enjoyed our meal there. The prices were more reasonable than some of the other restaurants I researched on that same street (at this stage of life, we have to keep budget in mind within reason). The main reason we chose that area to have dinner is because it is across the street from the beach, which we wanted to see. We ate on the patio with a beach view, which was lovely, and the beach breeze kept it from being too hot. We walked/waded on the beach for a little while after dinner before calling an Uber back to the hotel. It is not too far from the hotel, but definitely too far to walk.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I’m looking forward to meeting you all. This will be our first and second Bella cruise, so we’re newbies to the group….and I’ll throw it out there, I’m real bad at remembering names 🤪 but not faces 😁

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

How do you like the Eclipse?

Well, it’s not our first cruise…nor our first Celebrity cruise.  But if it were…I’d be unimpressed with some aspects of our cabin.  Seems rust must have been scraped off the ceiling of our balcony.  Leaving huge dark metal splotches that have not been repainted white…and leaving paint scrapings stuck to the balcony floor.  The scupper trough is absolutely filthy with wads of hair and who knows what.  All the curtains in cabins I’ve looked into walking down the corridors have only the blackout curtains.  The decorative fabric curtains are completely gone.

But those cosmetic things don’t bother me.  I’m just glad to be out of a wheelchair and walking (albeit slowly and with a limp still) after five long months.  The shower works fine, the bed is comfortable, our cabin attendant is doing a fantastic job, the food has been very good…the bar service excellent.  Officers and staff smiling and friendly.  The house bands are good.

I think Eclipse got the short end in terms of refurbishment after covid.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Sorry for the multiple posts.  I keep remembering things I meant to say.  As I have two cats, one white and one black…I miss them when I’m away from home.  I have two pairs of earrings…one black cats…the other white.  I brought one of each to wear every day.

IMG_6359.jpeg

Love these earrings! I am partial towards the black cat one.😁

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Well, it’s not our first cruise…nor our first Celebrity cruise.  But if it were…I’d be unimpressed with some aspects of our cabin.  Seems rust must have been scraped off the ceiling of our balcony.  Leaving huge dark metal splotches that have not been repainted white…and leaving paint scrapings stuck to the balcony floor.  The scupper trough is absolutely filthy with wads of hair and who knows what.  All the curtains in cabins I’ve looked into walking down the corridors have only the blackout curtains.  The decorative fabric curtains are completely gone.

But those cosmetic things don’t bother me.  I’m just glad to be out of a wheelchair and walking (albeit slowly and with a limp still) after five long months.  The shower works fine, the bed is comfortable, our cabin attendant is doing a fantastic job, the food has been very good…the bar service excellent.  Officers and staff smiling and friendly.  The house bands are good.

I think Eclipse got the short end in terms of refurbishment after covid.

Glad you are enjoying your cruise. Thanks for your thoughts. We go on the Eclipse next month. Do you have any favorite pre cruise hotel in FLL?

Edited by Arzeena

6 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

I had tried to get a conference room but only a small one was available.  Since there are quite a few on board the prior week and they will have their seapass cards right away so I thought about using the Crown lounge (Diamond)  Most of us are and for those that aren't we will show you the secret handshake to get in🤣.  Shouldn't be a problem if a few extra sneak in as we will be long gone by 4. 

I'm a newly minted Diamond so I can legit get in on my own now😊😇

I look forward to complaining about lack of windows & perpetually broken coffee machines 😄

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You had me at bar. 😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

55 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Glad you are enjoying your cruise. Thanks for your thoughts. We go on the Eclipse next month. Do you have any favorite pre cruise hotel in FLL?

Are you flying or driving?  We drive and I like the Sheraton Suites in Plantation.  I like the two room setup…I like that the bathroom area has a door one can close…I like that you can watch your Amazon Prime on their TVs.  There are several restaurants a minute or two’s walk away in the sort of subdivision the hotel is in.  It’s an easy straight shot to 595 and the port…less than 15 minutes.  But if you want the beach or don’t have a car it wouldn’t be for you.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

She died one day short of her 98th birthday.  She was an amazing woman.  

I am so sorry for your loss.  How fortunate that K got home to be with her Mom and they were able to talk prior to her Mom's Passing.  May she Rest in Peace.🙏

• Like 2

21 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you both!

Which leads me to my next question: Is there any official place for Bella planning? The FOB thread does not seem very active & I'm guessing we'll keep Bella related activities off the Roll Call thread as it's used by many others.  Our "host" can no longer post here  &  I'm not on the other social media site. At least, not yet, although I can be if I need to be.

For Bella 1, we all met in what I believe is a Conference Room.  I'm pretty sure Ken or John will be arranging another Conference Room for all of us to meet on either the first or second day of our cruise.  Several of us are on the Friends of Bella fb page with John, and Ken is on our Dani page;  I'm almost sure it will be posted here on our Dani thread, and not on our Roll Call page.🥰🛳️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

Of course, I'm reading this after already commenting on our Bella Conference Room on the Oasis.😉

Here I am, a day late and a dollar short again..lol!  Thanks, Ken!😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3