Soft Reopening Dates - Caribbean, Europe, Alaska

14 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Do you realize that you're posting on the Royal Caribbean board? I hope so, and that you also realize that most Royal Caribbean cruisers would tend to disagree with you statement.........especially now that we're in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic.  

Yes, Azamara and Silversea are under the RCCL umbrealla.

10 hours ago, miamijoe.rm said:

I wonder if our June Freedom of the Seas cruise out of San Juan will fall under this CDC 100 days after April 15th no sailing in US waters thing that just came out. Since it's fully paid, if RCI cancels, should I anticipate a refund? If that thing sails, we'll probably be the only people on the boat. 🙂

It's not sailing. Take the money and run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

San Juan, as a part of the US, falls under CDC control.  If Royal cancels the cruise, you will by default get a 125% Future Cruise Credit.  You can switch that to a 100% refund.  At least that's how it currently works.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Exactly, sailing at 70% capacity will not make a bit of difference on a cruise ship.

I’m not so sure thats true. In the cruise contract is state that if the cruise is cancelled by the government or officials of , the cruise line does not have to offer any compensation to the cruiser .

I would think they would offer FCC however to keep people cruising. 

5 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

I’m not so sure that's true. In the cruise contract is state that if the cruise is cancelled by the government or officials of , the cruise line does not have to offer any compensation to the cruiser .

I would think they would offer FCC however to keep people cruising. 

I didn't know that. Could this be the reason that the 100 day suspension was put into effect? It makes perfect sense to issue an FCC when cash flow is limited.

22 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

Carnival cancelled their sailings in NA until June 27.  Why does RCCL lag behind?

And the last set of cancellations Royal was ahead of them.  Princess (Carnival owned) still has Alaska sailings for sail at the end of May.  Why would you expect every cruise line to announce everything at the same time.  The CDC just announced this on the Thursday night of a long weekend, I’m sure that every  line will have made an announcement in the next couple days. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

FBN said bookings for cruises are up 40% for 2021 per a big box TA. I'd guess this is people with 125% fcc and carnival offering big obc to rebook. I dont usually book ahead, but planned out how to use my fcc. So it might not be more demand, but people like me forced to plan ahead.

Just a warning for those saying prices will go down,.. maybe inside final payment, but not now.

Carnival cancelled 45 days thru I think june 27 today.. so a lot more refunds or future bookings as some booked just to get that $600 obc offer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fudgbug said:

Yes, Azamara and Silversea are under the RCCL umbrealla.

Correct....but this thread is posted in the forum specifically Royal Caribbean International ships. There are other Cruise Critic forums for both Azamara and Silversea. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

FBN said bookings for cruises are up 40% for 2021 per a big box TA. I'd guess this is people with 125% fcc and carnival offering big obc to rebook. I dont usually book ahead, but planned out how to use my fcc. So it might not be more demand, but people like me forced to plan ahead.

Just a warning for those saying prices will go down,.. maybe inside final payment, but not now.

Carnival cancelled 45 days thru I think june 27 today.. so a lot more refunds or future bookings as some booked just to get that $600 obc offer. 

FBN did the interview with the TA who said they were misquoted by the newspaper. It's a site where you inquire and travel agents make offers to get your business which I cant name. Maybe its inquiries that are up, didnt understand what was up. 

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's not sailing. Take the money and run.

I suggest waiting until RCCL announces that it is cancelled, that way they can choose the option of 125% FCC, or get the full refund. 

If they cancel now, under the default "Cruise with Confidence" policy, they'll just get the 100% FCC for the cruise fare.  Taxes, port fees, and pre-cruise purchases refunded, correct?

Dan

• Like 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Sherri...I thought it was interesting that Harmony was doing one of it's usual "out to sea" exercises the other day.  When I looked for it on Marine traffic...it was off the coast of Flagler county.  Not too often does it cruise north.  Wonder if the people from up there could see it off shore....would have been a treat!  🙂 

Pat -- i was watching HM on Marine Traffic last night and wondered the same thing about Flagler County folks being able to see HM off the coast.  HM is in Port C today.  

My final payment for a late July Baltic cruise was scheduled to be charged on Wednesday. I went ahead and cancelled. I wish Royal had extended the final payment deadline in the US. I know the "cruise with confidence" policy is supposed to take the place of that, but there's a difference between getting another month to decide whether to give them $8k, and a deal where I give it to them now and have to go through the hassle of making them give it back!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, schlimazel_traveler said:

My final payment for a late July Baltic cruise was scheduled to be charged on Wednesday. I went ahead and cancelled. I wish Royal had extended the final payment deadline in the US. I know the "cruise with confidence" policy is supposed to take the place of that, but there's a difference between getting another month to decide whether to give them $8k, and a deal where I give it to them now and have to go through the hassle of making them give it back!

Agreed, I wish that they would have moved the final payment date to 60 days.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

Pat -- i was watching HM on Marine Traffic last night and wondered the same thing about Flagler County folks being able to see HM off the coast.  HM is in Port C today.  

We used to watch for the large ladies when we were in the Keys during Oct/Nov ....at night you could really see that large lit up spot.   Was wondering if Flagler did as well.  

40 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I don't think I would want to be in an elevator now, no matter how many/few people were in it.

Good excuse for those that are physically able...to take the stairs.  We need it with all this "house arrest".  😮 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

We used to watch for the large ladies when we were in the Keys during Oct/Nov ....at night you could really see that large lit up spot.   Was wondering if Flagler did as well.  

That sounds neat.  How far away were the ships?