What will you do differently when we are able to cruise again?

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

I like your suggestions except for packing of masks. If a mask is required, I’d rather stay at home .  I’m mulling over not buying anything pre-cruise like excursions, specialty dining , gratuities, zoom or any other extras . Wait and see if the refunds are issued. There is already a problem with getting a refund instead of FCC which RCI has already issued. TA is trying to rectify the problem.  

RCI has designed  their own style of masks that will be used on future cruises...
So yes, there will be masks.
I'm interested to see what they do to keep some type of social distancing. 
They are going to do whatever it takes to get cruising going again.

And be sure to book a balcony cabin, at least, so I can get fresh air when the ship is quarantine and everyone is restricted to their cabins.

Edited by B-52
  • Like 1

The only thing that I will change is I won't book anything lower than the cheapest obstructed view balcony.  I don't mind wearing a mask on a flight for a couple of hours but if masks are still required to cruise I will just give up cruising. It's bad enough having to wear them at the supermarket. They fog my glasses and are not conducive for sunbathing, swimming, eating or drinking. Basically they hinder everything that I enjoy on a cruise. 

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, B-52 said:

RCI has designed  their own style of masks that will be used on future cruises...

And be sure to book a balcony cabin, at least, so I can get fresh air when the ship is quarantine and everyone is restricted to their cabins.

I learn something new every time I log on to this site. Looked it up and RCI did apply for a patent on April 8 th for a mask called SEAFACE . There is no mention who is to wear it and where it is to be worn.  Are they going to be gratis , how many for each passenger, how to eat and drink with SEAFACE on ? So impractical as to be useless .   You must really want to cruise to be so inconvenienced .  What am I going to do differently ? I’m going to book with a refundable deposit .  

• Like 6

I won't be doing anything differently than what I am required to. And if I don't like what I am required to do I won't go.

I am glad that I have a refundable deposit on my January cruise.

• Like 3

Good points OP! I usually book balcony cabins- with the exception of the Queen Mary2- there I try to get - if sailing by myself- one of those great single cabins on deck 3- only on deck 3- not anymore- a balcony is a must now.

What I also will do- ENJOY IT MORE THEN EVER- when be able  to set sail again.

1 hour ago, B-52 said:

I can see it now - people putting on the same mask  over and over again for a week or more. Even if a new one is provided each day I see people taking it off to eat or drink and laying it down on a table or bar. People touching dirty masks and then touching other things.  It's laughable to think this will help on a cruise ship.  Sounds like fun to me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mek said:

I can see it now - people putting on the same mask  over and over again for a week or more. Even if a new one is provided each day I see people taking it off to eat or drink and laying it down on a table or bar. People touching dirty masks and then touching other things.  It's laughable to think this will help on a cruise ship.  Sounds like fun to me.

I agree a mask will be of no benefit but the fun part... not so much.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'd change anything. Maybe appreciate each cruise a little more. What is the old saying. "You don't know what you got until its gone." 

Although I do like the idea of purchasing an UDP. Not something I would normally buy but if its for my own health reasons.......

• Like 2

When I referred to masks, I was envisioning masks being used while arriving at the terminal, checking in, possibly walking to the cabin, and during muster.  Probably also for disembarkation.  But that’s it.  I agree that wearing one full time would be a major pain.  I would do it if that is what it takes to be on a ship again, but would probably spend a lot of time on the balcony and might not want to repeat the experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

The only thing that I will change is I won't book anything lower than the cheapest obstructed view balcony.  I don't mind wearing a mask on a flight for a couple of hours but if masks are still required to cruise I will just give up cruising. It's bad enough having to wear them at the supermarket. They fog my glasses and are not conducive for sunbathing, swimming, eating or drinking. Basically they hinder everything that I enjoy on a cruise. 

We sure would have strange tan lines with masks on while sunbathing.   Definitely agree on balcony.  I couldn't imagine being quarantined in an interior cabin.  Talk about cabin fever.

Edited by Sunshine3601

2 hours ago, vburke86 said:

I don’t plan to change anything unless it’s required by royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have said I will never wear a mask on a ship.I am looking forward to not having to wear one when I go out of my house.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 7

I think the patent masks are for the employees (crew members and port agents), I think the mask wearing will be up to the individual guests, you feel better wearing one, you wear one. Personally if i don't feel safe not wearing one,  why would i want to go on a ship full of people? I'm not wearing a mask now, I am practicing social distancing,  and washing my hands, using hand sanitizer etc..... just my opinion.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Looks like a fair number of people will stay home then.  Even the airlines have indefinitely mandated the wearing of masks, and Royal has copyrighted a name specific to the masks you'll find on their ships.

Masks will likely be a part of any travel experience for the near future at minimum and foreseeable future most likely.

Don't think Cruises requiring wearing masks be sailing. Airline fly on has started distancing, not filling every other row. Mask required, pass on Flying for while.. Cruising, wont do anything different as for Decades always wiped down room, never touch doors, railings and never or  ever took an Elevator. Use my foot or sleeves moving chairs. Cant avoid 100% but I'm pretty close. Ex calls me Anal...but have Family Members to protect when home... What said on another thread: Currently do 30+ niters every time I Cruise. Quarantine me, love stay on board for free. Single, Retired, Cruise SOLO, nothing but time on my hands. Been locked down now for 6+ weeks in the House, On a Ship in my Corner/Aft Balcony sounds much better.  Have 70+ nites Booked from Nov2020-Nov2021, long as rates are down plan on adding few more Cruises...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We sure would have strange tan lines with masks on while sunbathing.   Definitely agree on balcony.  I couldn't imagine being quarantined in an interior cabin.  Talk about cabin fever.

They have swimsuits made of tan through material, not sure how much protection used as a mask. Havent done inside cabin in over 2 Decades, back then a Balcony Cabin was 2-3 times the price of an inside. Definitely wouldn't now, Love my Balcony

Edited by ONECRUISER

11 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My SO and I have been putting a lot of thought into things we can do differently to adapt to the new “normal” of cruising, specifically during  our first few cruises.  So far, we have decided to:

🙄

Agree with a lot of what you say. Would presume they would space the MDR tables out more. Maybe have just family/friend groups seated together, otherwise tables for two. Would eat in smaller venues or speciality restaurants more.

A balcony cabin would be a must. Look for loungers away from the crowds. Use stairs at all times. 

I don't normally worry about wiping down a cabin /aircraft seat when I first arrive but I will now in the future. 

Agree have my own bottle of sanitiser to use once gathered up my meal in WJ. 

I do enjoy the shows and bars but can't see how they can avoid those pinch points when everyone leaves.  

I have one more cruise booked in Sept on Allure. Will probably cancel before final payment and have to take the deposit as FCC, that's if they extend the CwC programme. 

8 hours ago, mek said:

I agree, I do not see that working out to well. I'll just wait it out.

I thought about it last night. I decided to never cruise with a whole family again. If ever will go on a cruise again, I will either be myself or with my wife  only. I dont feel safe taking kids with me on board anymore. I dont want to be stuck on board the ship with the kids. Id rather be there by myself or with another adult who will know how to deal with the situation  without worrying about anything else 

Royal Caribbean has applied for a TRADEMARK, not a patent.  It is not a design they are creating, merely a name.

It's just a regular mask of some sort, something that already exists, for which they want an exclusive name.

So you don't need to speculate about what they have "made".  They haven't "made" anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1