What will you do differently when we are able to cruise again?

12 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

When I referred to masks, I was envisioning masks being used while arriving at the terminal, checking in, possibly walking to the cabin, and during muster.  Probably also for disembarkation.  But that’s it.  I agree that wearing one full time would be a major pain.  I would do it if that is what it takes to be on a ship again, but would probably spend a lot of time on the balcony and might not want to repeat the experience.

What would be the point of wearing them at check in and walking to the room if you are not wearing them for the next 7 days? However that reminded me that I will not try to be the first on board. I will stay at the hotel if I fly in the day before and won’t rush if I’m driving to port. Though I really think they should set up boarding times and enforce the schedule.

23 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Though I really think they should set up boarding times and enforce the schedule.

Why? All the people who you are exposed in line, or in the terminal with, are the same ones you will be on the ship with. I think it has been working pretty smoothly with suggested times.

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why? All the people who you are exposed in line, or in the terminal with, are the same ones you will be on the ship with. I think it has been working pretty smoothly with suggested times.

I just remember the crowds early with people disembarking and embarking at the same time.  We haven't been showing up before 11 or 12 especially in San Juan with the late departures. It really has more to do with port congestion than anything to do with Covid. Covid will be what it will be and if it could be contained we wouldn't be sitting at home now. 

I’m staying away from the buffets. It’s just too crowded especially during embarkation. Also, not interested in touching the same serving spoon touched by 100 other people before me. 

Never thought of wiping down the stateroom before (or hotel room), but will do so going forward.

Also, I assume they will make changes to the buffet where they have someone serving the food, but if not, after getting our food, we will all return to the front and wash our hands again before eating.

Definitely always a balcony cabin in the future.  Now we will smuggle hand sanitizer in vodka bottles instead of the other way around!  I think masks onboard are silly since much of the time around the ship is spent eating or drinking in some fashion.  

Edited by zonacruiser25
spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

It's just a regular mask of some sort, something that already exists, for which they want an exclusive name.

I think RCL cruisers could have come up with a better name.  Seaface just sounds weird.   Too bad "the sea is calling" is so wordy.

3 hours ago, Erik101 said:

I’m staying away from the buffets. It’s just too crowded especially during embarkation. Also, not interested in touching the same serving spoon touched by 100 other people before me. 

My suspicion is that the buffet experience will change.  You will probably see staff serving like they have done on a Noro-plagued ship

9 hours ago, JamesEM said:

I'm a 75 year old germ a phoebe, so nothing will change for me, also I did not realize I was anti social until this quarantine has not changed my routine.  

I'm the same.  I didn't have to horde Lysol sanitizing wipes as I already had a significant stockpile long before this stuff kicked off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think RCL cruisers could have come up with a better name.  Seaface just sounds weird.   Too bad "the sea is calling" is so wordy.

I think Seaface is great.  It's absolutely hilarious!

We already wiped the cabin down and carried hand sanitizer although on our cruise in late February hand sanitizer stations were everywhere so that a good thing.   I may wipe the cabin down a little more on a daily basis if I think the steward is bringing germs in....

Being served in the buffet is fine with me.  I see too many now use the restroom and walk right out without hand washing thus noro. Your chances of getting this in the Buffet is from those breathing on you not touching a spoon unless you immediately touch your face. Even if someone coughs on the food your stomach acid is going to kill it.  I avoid the public restrooms altogether if I’m on a smaller ship.  

We almost always get a balcony but I guess now it’s a dealbreaker.  If we can’t afford the balcony we won’t go at least until all this goes away.  

Beyond being cautious I'm not going to live my life in fear.  Life’s too short as it is and our days are numbered by the God of the universe. When cruising opens we will be back.  I think we should be careful but we should also get back to living.  I’m ready!

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Royal Caribbean has applied for a TRADEMARK, not a patent.  It is not a design they are creating, merely a name.

It's just a regular mask of some sort, something that already exists, for which they want an exclusive name.

So you don't need to speculate about what they have "made".  They haven't "made" anything.

BINGO.  It is a trademark for a mask.

Disney in the last few days have started selling facemasks using their trademarked characters (Mickey Mouse, Star Wars, Pixar etc)  No indication if the the Disney Parks will be requiring guests to wear masks.

If I am allowed to cruise I will only book Grand Suites on Royal or Aqua Class or Sky Suites on Celebrity.  I will as always avoid the buffet and main dining room, at all cost.  I can't take my money with me so I might as well enjoy it while I am still among the living.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

About the only thing I would do differently besides what the cruise line changes would be more pushing of elevator buttons with elbows and perhaps taking stairs more often.

Even before covid, when using the public restrooms I would use a paper towel to open public bathroom doors upon exiting.  (after washing my hands for 20 seconds).  Didn't wipe down my cabin on embarkation day and still won't.  Will still utilize the MDR and Windjammer.

Different strokes for different folks.

23 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My SO and I have been putting a lot of thought into things we can do differently to adapt to the new “normal” of cruising, specifically during  our first few cruises.  So far, we have decided to:

Book cabins located on the middle decks to make it easier to take stairs only and avoid elevators.

Park at the port instead of off-site parking lots to avoid the shuttles.

Keep tiny bottles of hand sanitizer with each of us constantly, and use it after being seated and ordering from menus, but before we eat.

Possibly purchase the unlimited dining plan to avoid the larger MDR and dine only in the smaller specialty restaurants.  We don’t normally  eat such heavy meals every night, but this might be a good idea for a while.

Pack plenty of masks and wipes (assuming the hoarders will eventually leave enough wipes on the shelf for those of us who have found  none so far).

Pack more reading material than usual, for quiet time enjoying the ocean away from crowds.

We are open to any suggestions from others.  Have you made plans?

***    It would be really nice if us optimists could enjoy one positive thread without pessimists jumping in to make sure we know that we won’t need this info for at least a year, or maybe never 🙄.  Please, just this once?  *** 

For sure would book veranda cabin type.  Stairs is one of our standard practices, originally to give me 'steps' to allow me to eat and drink as I wanted on vacation.  

Hate to say it, but do not plan to sail in 2020 as we had originally planned to sail in November 2020.

4 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Never thought of wiping down the stateroom before (or hotel room), but will do so going forward.

Also, I assume they will make changes to the buffet where they have someone serving the food, but if not, after getting our food, we will all return to the front and wash our hands again before eating.

Years ago Royal always used servers for WindJammer at most stations for things were displayed already on plates. At Dinner they'd even have Menues and Waiters, was way for people to not wear Dresses or Slacks every nite. Even had nice table cloths and candles... Last few yrs when I eat in there I'm first in WJ door, first passenger use everything. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

My suspicion is that the buffet experience will change.  You will probably see staff serving like they have done on a Noro-plagued ship

I hope you’re right and staff serving will benefit everyone who goes through those lines.  Too many times, I’ve seen both adults and kids go through the lines without taking advantage of the hand washing stations and I doubt that will change for some.  

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I think Seaface is great.  It's absolutely hilarious!

Always thought it was the result of too many Diamond Lounge happy hour drinks.  As in "Did you see Ralph?  He really got seafaced last night". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, gatour said:

About the only thing I would do differently besides what the cruise line changes would be more pushing of elevator buttons with elbows and perhaps taking stairs more often.

Even before covid, when using the public restrooms I would use a paper towel to open public bathroom doors upon exiting.  (after washing my hands for 20 seconds).  Didn't wipe down my cabin on embarkation day and still won't.  Will still utilize the MDR and Windjammer.

Different strokes for different folks.

I've always been a bit of a germaphobe so I've already been doing elbow button push and the paper towel on the door handle thing.  But the idea of taking the stairs more is probably one that I will incorporate. 

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've always been a bit of a germaphobe so I've already been doing elbow button push and the paper towel on the door handle thing.  But the idea of taking the stairs more is probably one that I will incorporate. 

Just don’t touch the rail. 

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just don’t touch the rail. 

I don't generally but when I've had a few Long Island Ice Teas the railing become a necessary thing. I also always carry Lysol wipes so were all good for those times as well.

• Like 2

We sacrifice all year for one cruise vacation and I work in a school so we are limited to when we can travel, So I am praying we go at the end of July. We plan to wash our hands more often, along with sanitizer, we will do a mask if they ask us to. We always get a balcony (I did an inside one time and swore to never do it again).  If my knees hold up, stairs are also on the plan......thank you for the positive post, it is refreshing for my depression and anxiety of late. Stay safe everyone......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

No longer will ask someone to take our picture with our camera. 

Yikes!  I hadn’t thought of that one 

I already do a lot of the things mentioned like carry hand wash to use after I read the menu or touch a handrail and use a paper towel to turn off water and open door to restroom.  I always use my nuckles instead of fingertips in elevator.  

But the biggest thing I will do different is in addition to putting meds in the pill box for 7 days plus a couple of extra (or length of cruise) now I will do that plus bring the medicine bottles.

On my last cruise in February, I noticed my bil in another room brought a baggie and put tv remote in it.   I thought that was an excellent idea. 

I’m 72 and so happy they lifted the need for doctor’s letter.  Now I can get excited again!,

• Like 2