Would you cruise if Wearing a mask is mandatory?

Would you cruise if wearing a mask is Mandatory?  

711 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise if wearing a mask is mandatory?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

3 hours ago, voyager70 said:

I bought the same pack Carol.  I'll buy more if I need.  Agree it's no big deal.  I wear a mask virtually everywhere I go out of my house and would have no problem wearing one on a cruise.  That being said,. we've decided to hold off cruising until a vaccine comes out.

I agree with what you wrote.  I don't know, though, that I will necessarily wait until there is a vaccine, but I will wait until there is more certainty about a lot of these issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Masks like those above are intended to prevent you from spreading your germs to others. They are not to protect you from the virus. So, they should not provide anyone with any sense of security; they are not there to protect them. 

Think about what you wrote.

If everyone is wearing a mask, then everyone is protected.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, loman said:

No  way would I cruise again with restrictions . 

I may never cruise again , I don't really care .

I can wait a few years to see how this virus thing ends up .

Every cruiseline will being asking people to wear them, not just Royal.  Until a vaccine is found, I'll wear them in order to NOT get the virus.  You could be aysmptomatic without even knowing it.  What would you do if the cruiselines request proof of vaccine in the future?

• Like 1

No, we will not cruise if we need to wear a mask.  We wear them now if we go out as it is a state mandate and my DH has to wear one at work unless he is by himself in his office but not going to do it on a cruise.  I might start wearing one on airplanes though and have them with me on cruises just in case there was an outbreak of some kind.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, molly361 said:

I will vote no but then if they enforce that like they do other things I would hate to miss a cruise that ends up with no one wearing them even though required

You could put a mask on a lounge chair by the pool to reserve it, lol.

We wanted to jump on a cruise as soon as possible, but decided to wait for a vaccine shot... then we cruise.

Maybe no masks then.

I voted no, I will wait. That’s not my idea of a vacation. Sitting on the pool deck with a mask in the hot sun. No thank you. And plus my autistic son will wear one when required but he constantly touches his face and fidgets with it. That’s the sensory part of it. 

• Like 2

Even if required, it won't be permanent.  Eventually, it won't be an issue.  Vaccine trials are going very well and there will be herd immunity eventually.  This is not a permanent situation.

Also, I voted yes. If you had the last 8 months I've had, you'd do whatever you had to to be able to go on vacation.  Broken and dislocated ankle, dislocated kneecap, still in PT for knee.  Cancelled Nov 2019 cruises because of injury.  I'm thrilled to be walking and should be walking normally by our next cruise.  Appreciate what you can do.  The whining on here about masks and buffets is ridiculous.

Edited by BND
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Even if required, it won't be permanent.  Eventually, it won't be an issue.  Vaccine trials are going very well and there will be herd immunity eventually.  This is not a permanent situation.

Yup Flu and common cold are solved, LOL

As to would I wear a mask, yup.

I just did last week 4 hours flying and 2hours in the airport, I survived.  

Yeah they are uncomfortable, inconvenient and make breathing a bit more resistant.   

Kind of remind me of skiing, all those things jacket, boots etec. etc. what a pain. but some reward,, got used to it too. 

Mask just help me a little more safe, shows solidarity, shows hope and care for fellow man.  It isn't a sign of weakness or submission.

Darn, I'm most comfortable naked, should we all just go about naked, LOL

Edited by chipmaster
  • Like 4

Just now, chipmaster said:

Yup Flu and common cold are solved, LOL

You can think you're funny, you're not.  I also don't think you know much about viruses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BND said:

You can think you're funny, you're not.  I also don't think you know much about viruses.

I've learned a lot as an engineer and such, educate me some more.  

Tell me why you think we are going to get a vaccine this time 🙂

FWIW show me where trials are going so well, there are a lot of holes, if having a vaccine is home plate they just made contact bat on ball and running to first base.   

Edited by chipmaster
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

I've learned a lot as an engineer and such, educate me some more.  

Tell me why you think we are going to get a vaccine this time 🙂

FWIW show me where trials are going so well, there are a lot of holes, if having a vaccine is home plate they just made contact bat on ball and running to first base.   

So with all the trials in North America, Europe and Asia you don't think a vaccine will be available in the next 12 months? That's hard to comprehend.

3 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

So if they printed your Crown and Anchor status on the masks, I bet that would increase the number of people that would wear one.

That would make me even less likely to wear one. The only people who need to know my business are the ones that I choose to tell it to.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Darn, I'm most comfortable naked, should we all just go about naked, LOL

I have been to Orient Beach on St. Maarten. My answer to your question is a definite NO.😉

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

So with all the trials in North America, Europe and Asia you don't think a vaccine will be available in the next 12 months? That's hard to comprehend.

Will there be a few, sure, will they have been vetted for efficacy and down side risk, highly minimal. 

Too many shortcuts are being played out the POTUS is pushing hard, everyone wants to be a hero.  Science and biology and immunology from the last few years says what is realistic versus what we hope.

Could a unicorn appear, possible, but realistically, what do "YOU" think?

Edited by chipmaster

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have been to Orient Beach on St. Maarten. My answer to your question is a definite NO.😉

Don't be a POTUS 🙂

Edited by chipmaster

21 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Oh there will be one but the efficacy and safety profile of this politically rushed vaccine may be a different matter. We have had a slew of medications with issues identified over time. And those meds went through much longer, and traditional, vetting processes.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

No thank you, 1 flight of stairs up to my pool deck and into the pool..........30 steps back into my house for food/drink, 30 steps back to my pool.

No mask for me!

Do you live in a basement 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, voyager70 said:

The normal vaccine development timelines are measured in years or 10's of years. The fact that you have determined that 12 months is comprehendable, means that many of the normal steps including animal trials are being skipped. And that any vaccine put on the market with very, very little human trials, will have highly questionable safety and efficacy.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

The normal vaccine development timelines are measured in years or 10's of years. The fact that you have determined that 12 months is comprehendable, means that many of the normal steps including animal trials are being skipped. And that any vaccine put on the market with very, very little human trials, will have highly questionable safety and efficacy.  

30,000 people in phase 3 trials just begun.  I'm not a vaccine fan but the idea that it will take 10 years belies our current reality.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/21/coronavirus-us-gives-astrazenena-1-billion-for-oxford-vaccine.html

• Like 2