Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

To this very day I have never received an email or have been directed to participate in this promo.  It does not matter I could never earn enough PUP's to go from E+ to Z.  

I participated in some of promo even though my situation is the same. I won’t ever advance from E+ to Z. Celebrity should create a tier in between E+ and Zenith as more realistic loyalty incentive. That in between tier does not have to have major perks. A few minor perks would be good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You're giving Celebrity's IT department WAY too much credit.  Not sure they are capable of targeted marketing.  There is some glitch in the system which prevents some from receiving these e-mails.

As I recall, it was Robert Heinlein who wrote, "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

Not sure that is an exact quotation (or that it was Heinlein, for that matter).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I participated in some of promo even though my situation is the same. I won’t ever advance from E+ to Z. Celebrity should create a tier in between E+ and Zenith as more realistic loyalty incentive. That in between tier does not have to have major perks. A few minor perks would be good enough.

they should really consider counting RCL CC AZ together we used to cruise RCL when we had the kids but now we go on CC and would like to do AZ and probably will .  cruising styles change with age and money and they should reward that.  Maybe even add silversea.  if they have to they should make it a $ spend model which the have on CC with more points per category.  but there is really not much incentive to sail with az or silversea vs other brands.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

they should really consider counting RCL CC AZ together we used to cruise RCL when we had the kids but now we go on CC and would like to do AZ and probably will .  cruising styles change with age and money and they should reward that.  Maybe even add silversea.  if they have to they should make it a $ spend model which the have on CC with more points per category.  but there is really not much incentive to sail with az or silversea vs other brands.  

I do believe AZ and X are added together. 

• Thanks 1

Azamara and Celebrity points are added together.

15 hours ago, TeeRick said:

To this very day I have never received an email or have been directed to participate in this promo.  It does not matter I could never earn enough PUP's to go from E+ to Z.  

Yup, that's a problem for a lot of us.  It is a vast gulf to transverse.  So I pick and choose which activities to participate in.  If it's easy and looks like fun, I go for it.  Otherwise, I pass.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Yup.  Just give me some more internet minutes and maybe 1 more dry cleaning item and I would be a very happy camper and more likely to continue the journey.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, emmas gran said:

I just read the email header Power Up Points and pass it to trash, like many others E+ to Zenith will never be achieved

Liz

Zenith and all other levels are all the more difficult to achieve now with probably a minimum of a year's absence of cruising.  Maybe Celebrity could award all of us some points for the year as a nice gesture.  Or is that what the PUP's are meant to do?

30 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Zenith and all other levels are all the more difficult to achieve now with probably a minimum of a year's absence of cruising.  Maybe Celebrity could award all of us some points for the year as a nice gesture.  Or is that what the PUP's are meant to do?

More than likely.

I am an Elite with 347 points, to get to Zenith I would need 2,653, if I book the highest category (Penthouse) at 18 points per night, I need 148 nights to reach the highest level. Mission Impossible at my age.

At this moment I am only interested in my wife reaching the Elite level, she has 9 points left to have a free laundry bag. 🤣

Edited by gerelmx

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Yeah, that light at the end of that tunnel isn't even dim yet for us. When we cruise enough to get to the next tier level, right on as we're just along for the ride and enjoyment of the cruise(s). Our cruise points and tier levels have snuck up on us over the years and we aren't loyal just to Celebrity. We do appreciate and enjoy the upper tier level perks/benefits we have paid for over the years of cruising with Celebrity and RC.  I can remember when we fist paid to join Celebrity's Captains Club.  

Thank you😊 for posting the current activity.  I've signed up three times to get the power point activity but it doesn't help. I receive a welcoming offer to book a cruise but no Power Up activity.  I receive daily emails from Celebrity's marketing but no Power point one.  Cruise Critic people are kind enough to share and enable all of us to get some points.  After this my husband and I need two points to achieve Elite Plus.  So please keep posting the activity. I'd rather earn the points sailing but alas that can't be right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I wish they would award the points for cancelled sailings that were paid in full. Yes, I know that we are getting 125% in FCCs, and I appreciate it. However, they will just wrap that $ up into future cruise fares for everyone. The points don’t actually cost them anything, and the benefits from the points are relatively low cost to X. It would be a welcome good will gesture to those of us who left our $ with X for fully paid cruises. 

We had just moved up a level on our last Celebrity and Princess cruises and were looking forward to having meaningful benefits finally. We would have gotten to E+ on X in May of 2021. Now, we aren’t sailing until January of 2022 (hopefully). I appreciate the PUP program and those willing to share the links for those of us who can’t get the emails. 

18 hours ago, gerelmx said:

I am an Elite with 347 points, to get to Zenith I would need 2,653, if I book the highest category (Penthouse) at 18 points per night, I need 148 nights to reach the highest level. Mission Impossible at my age.

At this moment I am only interested in my wife reaching the Elite level, she has 9 points left to have a free laundry bag. 🤣

Celebrity has a policy that allows a spouse living at the same address to be granted equal Captain's club level

Got my CC points converted from last month's PUP'S today. Was expecting 3 but only got 2. Now I need to figure out what is missing and why. I did the social media post for 20 PUP'S, so I'm assuming that's the credit I received.  Was there a 10 PUP survey or something? 

45 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Got my CC points converted from last month's PUP'S today. Was expecting 3 but only got 2. Now I need to figure out what is missing and why. I did the social media post for 20 PUP'S, so I'm assuming that's the credit I received.  Was there a 10 PUP survey or something? 

There was a 10-point travel habits/profile survey in early August.

I received my three CC points this afternoon (30 PUP points). The first from the travel survey and then two from the post-on-social-media activity. I did have to correct the @ username tag for my Twitter post, since their Twitter handle is singular with "Cruise" and not "Cruises" (even though their Facebook one uses the plural version, as did the activity email instructions).

Also, I'm now Classic level without ever having set foot on a Celebrity vessel. Free gelato scoop, here I come! 😃

• Like 3